Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2017 8:17:38 AM EDT
So, it looks like I'm getting one of these in a couple of weeks and I need a good optic to top it off. It's going to be used mostly for plinking targets out to 100 yards and as a truck type rifle and just to carry when woods bumping

Here's my parameters.

200$ price ceiling

Short as possible

Lighted reticle

Ideas??????
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Everything but the lighted reticle:

Burris Fulfield II 2-7X, 35mm.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:46:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you want long eye relief or normal? A 2x7 is a good choice but there are way more choices in 3x9. Maybe a good single 4X?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you want long eye relief or normal? A 2x7 is a good choice but there are way more choices in 3x9. Maybe a good single 4X?
View Quote
I'm looking for a normal eye relief but I'm open to long if it works good. A good single 4x would be ok as well.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Bushnell is making a 1-4 AK optic that has a BDC for 7.62x39, and Primary Arms has both a 1-4 and 1-6 IIRC, around the $200-$300 price point.  

I've been contemplating that gun/optic configuration since they announced the gun in x39.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd go with a 1-4x with illuminated reticle.  That's a handy setup for short-to-medium range hunting/plinking, which is what this rifle is designed for.

I don't have much need for a BDC reticle with 7.62x39;  I wouldn't be using it much past ~150 or perhaps 200 yards anyway, especially when hunting, due to the limitations of the round.  (It loses velocity dramatically and drops rapidly past ~150 yards.)

So personally, I'd stick with a more traditional crosshair with an illuminated dot at the center.  I'd personally go with something like a Leupold VX-R or Steiner P4xi, but those are a bit above your stated price range.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:00:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62x39. Not a Ruger but, I mounted a Nikon Prostaff 2x7 and couldn't be happier. The 7.62x39 in a bolt gun is a 200 yard gun. The 2x7 is more than enough magnification for that range and is compact, and fits in your budget. Plus, Nikon now offers a lifetime no fault warranty. It's a win win.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top