Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2016 10:29:08 AM EDT
I can only find blued factory Mini-14 magazines.  I have a friend who enherited an on older stainless Mini-14 that lost it's factory magazine along the way.  I'm expecting to pay ~$50 a pop; is this current market value?
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:06:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I think PMI and USA made stainless magazine for the Mini. PMI were the best though. You can tell the diffence by the number and quality of the spot welds on the back it they are not in the package.

Plus, I believe, the PMI's had 2 holes in the side of the mag and the USA didn't have any.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Ruger never manufactured a stainless steel Mini-14 magazine.  You can buy factory ruger mags from CDNN for reasonable price, much less than $50.  $28.99 for 20's and $39.99 for 30's.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 4:37:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Scherer also made a decent quality stainless/nickel magazine.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 2:34:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ruger never manufactured a stainless steel Mini-14 magazine.
View Quote
That's why they're Unobtanium. 
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:34:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I have several NIB factory 30's in white box that were NP3 coated.
Not sure if they were from Ruger or not but the box is penned in NP3, and box check marked 30rd.
I wouldn't take less than $75 each for them even if I were to sell them, which I am not.
Other than that, as mentioned,  Ruger never made factory stainless Mini 14 mags.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:05:45 AM EDT
[#6]
the PMI mags work great, even in 40 rd versions.  you just have to know how to ID them if they are not in the package.  I often see PMI mags at shows for $20 or less.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top