Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 11:28:37 PM EDT
[#1]
At this point the rifle is complete and looks better than expected with a capacity of 6+1 rounds. Moreover it handles very well and comes in at a svelte 5 pounds, 6 oz. The overall length is very compact at 29” so fits into a small Allen padded bag perfectly. With the Hybrid suppressor installed the gun is about 1.5” shorter and one ounce lighter than the other unmodified gun. I will update this thread with a range report later but will let the photos speak for themselves for now…

Link Posted: 10/26/2018 4:41:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Good grief that's sexy!  
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#3]
That is beautiful.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 9:58:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Outstanding!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 12:31:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Someone should sell those.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 12:28:08 AM EDT
[#6]
That's real 'smithing, there. Ya built a sweet Grail gun, OP, absolutely fantastic work.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone should sell those.
View Quote
Good luck getting Remington/Marlin Marlington Remlin to do anything like that.  The're too busy squeezing value out of the company.  There is the Rossi Ranch Hand that you can get threaded and SBR'd.  I'd like to see something like a pump-action 870 in 44 magnum with a 12" threaded barrel.  Like the IMI TimberWolf except at a reasonable price and actually available.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good luck getting Remington/Marlin Marlington Remlin to do anything like that.  The're too busy squeezing value out of the company.  There is the Rossi Ranch Hand that you can get threaded and SBR'd.  I'd like to see something like a pump-action 870 in 44 magnum with a 12" threaded barrel.  Like the IMI TimberWolf except at a reasonable price and actually available.
View Quote
Agreed, this is something Marlin would never touch.  Even the threaded 1894CST is a big gamble as it does not appeal to the traditionalists who typically buy lever guns.  The Ranch Hand is an easy conversion but is pretty common.  I wound up SBRing a stainless 92 for something different.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 11:07:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Went to the range over the weekend with the 44 SBR, the stock 1894SS and my 1894P for a head to head comparison using some various handloads including the blue Devastator clones. It was fairly busy so I got some strange looks from the guys shooting AR15s or sighting in their deer rifles but had a couple guys come up and ask about the gun. Both seemed more interested in the Labradar chronograph though as neither had seen one before.

As expected, there was a noticeable loss in velocity across the board with the jacketed FTX loads showing the greatest difference. The subsonic loads were stable out to 50 yards but I will have to go back on another day for more testing before I risk screwing a can on the end. The hotter stuff is a real handful with a lot of muzzle blast but the little gun is a ton of fun.

Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:42:08 PM EDT
[#10]
That is some serious craftsmanship.  I wish I lived near you.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Nicely done!

There never were enough "trapper" type lever guns... it's nice to see such a wonderful, custom example freshly made.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Beautiful.  Ive had my suppressed 1894 for some years now and its great fun to shoot.  Quiet with subs too.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top