Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2017 1:56:40 PM EDT
Although this will be my 4th stamp this is the first time I am doing it by myself and after reading everything I can find and watching every video I still have a few questions that I hope you guys can help me with.

For the record the firearm I will be converting to a SBR is a Zenith Z-5RS and I will be doing this as individual.

Questions:
4f - Overall length - Needing to verify that if I will be putting on a retractable stock the overall length should be the length of the weapon with stock extended.  Instructions say so but I keep hearing otherwise.

4h - Additional Description - This should be left blank, right?

4i - Why I intend to make the firearm - Will "personal collection" suffice?

15 & 16 - According to the instructions because I am completing this as a individual these should be left blank.   I have heard from several sources that I will still need to complete a Form5320.23 Responsible Person Questionnaire.  I am not seeing this anywhere in the instructions.  So - do I keep 15 & 16 blank?   Do I need to complete the Responsible Person Questionnaire?????

Thanks guys and sorry if these are silly questions, I just want to ensure I do everything I can to keep the request from being sent back with errors and delaying the process.
I appreciate your help.

Andy

P.S. - I also posted this in the General NFA Questions forum.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

BTW...I deleted the other one. No reason to have two identical threads.

Have you read through the sticky in Gen NFA? Most all of this has been answered.

4f. Extended. Just like it says on the Form.
4h. The info you'll engrave, just like it says on the Form.
4i. That should work. I've always used some version of "all lawful/legal purposes/reasons"
15&16. As an individual, you'll skip them...just like it says on the Form. You don't need to fill out an RPQ. You're going to answer questions (11-14) on the F1 that an entity would skip and then answer on the RPQ.
View Quote
Thanks BW.  
Yes I read the sticky, just turned into a Nervous Nelly when I started hearing different answers elsewhere on the net.

Just to clarify one final point - so on 4h it would be my full name, city and state exactly as I have it in 3b (as I am doing this as an individual, not a trust or corporate entity), correct?

I really appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Perfect.

Thanks again for all your help.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:30:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got my May 8th form 1 ind. approval today. FWIW, I have a long ass name being a Jr. on top of it (which I wrote out completely in 3b). In 4h I did abbreviate my middle initial because like I said , I have a really long name and wanted the engraving as small as possible. It was approved without issue. Not saying this will always be the case but IMO, if you abbreviate just the middle initial in 4h, it hopefully wouldn't be an issue for others.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:03:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 12:19:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Agreed.

I've never filed as an individual, but I can't imagine I'd spell out first, middle and last in 3b...so I'd still end up having 3b and 4h match. Would either omit middle or just use an initial. Would also (at least attempt to) shorten first name to what I'm called (think Christopher to Chris, Gregory to Greg, or Benjamin to Ben).
View Quote
For 4h I left my first name as William. Didn't wanna push it with Bill in 4h. This being my first stamp and hoped they wouldn't fuss on the middle name being abbreviated in 4h as it wasn't in 3b. Maybe on my next stamp I'll do the full name in 3b like I did this form 1 but really test the waters on using Bill AND abbrev. my middle initial
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top