Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2017 9:24:00 PM EDT
Which is processing faster right now?
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#1]
NFA tracker shows its about the same with trust being about 10 days faster.

I would have guessed individual would have been faster, as they do not have to verify trust paperwork.

Either way, you are in for a long wait, so I'm not sure if it matters which one is a few days faster.  Long term, I think the trust is the better option. You can add your spouse, and kids to it, or anybody else, so they can shoot it without you there, if you want to allow them to do so in the future.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:02:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's not even close right now.

I've seen individuals come back from June '17, but haven't seen a trust one come back more recent than Sep '16.
View Quote
Thats crazy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thats crazy.
View Quote
Probably due to the extra steps needed now with trusts, carefully reading through them to see who all the responsible persons are, making sure all the extra RP forms are present and complete, multiple background checks to do, etc.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's not even close right now.

I've seen individuals come back from June '17, but haven't seen a trust one come back more recent than Sep '16.
View Quote
This!

I don't know if I'll ever file a trust again, seriously even considered canceling one of my trust form 1s and resubmitting it as an individual.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Individual is far faster right now. Trusts have their place for some people. They've never had a benefit for me so I don't bother with them. 
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 2:35:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Individual is far faster right now. Trusts have their place for some people. They've never had a benefit for me so I don't bother with them. 
View Quote
Kinda feeling that way at the moment. No one else on my trust uses the firearms except me but I wanted the flexibility of what a trust offers.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Kinda feeling that way at the moment. No one else on my trust uses the firearms except me but I wanted the flexibility of what a trust offers.
View Quote
There is that. I've just never seen the point in them. Plus I've always wondered what may happen if there's a rift between those on the trust. Could someone else on the trust sue and gain possession of said items? I don't know if that's even possible. It sure would piss me off to pay for some stamped goodies only to lose them in a lawsuit. It may be a completely baseless fear as I have ZERO idea how the trust works or is executed rather. 
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There is that. I've just never seen the point in them. Plus I've always wondered what may happen if there's a rift between those on the trust. Could someone else on the trust sue and gain possession of said items? I don't know if that's even possible. It sure would piss me off to pay for some stamped goodies only to lose them in a lawsuit. It may be a completely baseless fear as I have ZERO idea how the trust works or is executed rather. 
View Quote
Depends how its setup
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Probably due to the extra steps needed now with trusts, carefully reading through them to see who all the responsible persons are, making sure all the extra RP forms are present and complete, multiple background checks to do, etc.
View Quote
There are no additional photos or finger prints required on the "Single Shot" trust process...you simply add people by name  'after' you are approved.

If you have kids I'd get the Single Shot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top