Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2017 5:41:47 PM EDT
I'm building a CMMG 4.5" rimfire upper and am looking for a 4.5" - 5.5" slim flash can to fit under the 7" handguard (VLTOR freedom rail which has an ID of 1.35").
I've checked KAK and they don't do an extended slim flash can.
Does anybody else make one?

Mick
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]
You can get an old 5.5" flash hider they used for the old 11.5" ar15s.  I had one a few years back and it worked nicely instead of a can with a 4.5" barrel .22.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#2]
These are available for dirt cheap. https://www.del-ton.com/AR_15_Flash_Hider_p/bp1017.htm
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#3]
<<ETA: My reality has been corrected below.  Thanks for the patience.  >>

I don't want to be 'that guy', but if you're using a slender hand guard that you can't slip a suppressor under, why do you want a short barrel that doesn't come to the end of the hand guard?

Your choice, no prob, I'm just wondering.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can get an old 5.5" flash hider they used for the old 11.5" ar15s.  I had one a few years back and it worked nicely instead of a can with a 4.5" barrel .22.
View Quote
Here's a pic of my Sig MPX with a 4.5" barrel sportin' a 5.5" AR flash hider.

Add the keymod handguard and just a little sticks out...

For reference, the longest keymod surface measures 7-11/16"
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't want to be 'that guy', but if you're using a slender hand guard that you can't slip a suppressor under, why do you want a short barrel that doesn't come to the end of the hand guard?

Your choice, no prob, I'm just wondering.
View Quote
How do you figure?  It's a rimfire upper.  Plenty of rimfire suppressors that will fit under that hand guard.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How do you figure?  It's a rimfire upper.  Plenty of rimfire suppressors that will fit under that hand guard.
View Quote
Fail on my part.
I did not know that.
I have a .22 can in jail, but I was planning on hanging it on the front of a 16 inch Spikes .22 upper, and it never occurred to me that it'd be appreciably smaller enough to fit inside that diameter.
I have 2 other cans for center fire, so I got used to the idea of a can being too snug a fit in that number.

Thanks for the reality check.

Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:23:36 PM EDT
[#7]
When I had a 4.5" .22 upper w/ 7" rail, I used a Gemtech Outback INERT, ran me like $40.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top