Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2017 4:14:12 PM EDT
I have been out of the game for awhile and want to sell my LMT 10.5" MK18 upper and buy a 300 AAC.

I want this thing to be as short as possible but with minimal expense.  Looking for a pre-assembled upper as I don't have the time or tools to assemble myself.

Doing a quick Google search I am finding the following (no BCG/CH unless noted):

Daytona Tactical: 7.5" Keymod $225
Aro Precision: 7.5" MLok $340
Ghost: 7.5" MLok $219
Sanders Armory: 7.5" Keymod $265 (INCLUDES MPI BCG & CH )
CBC Industries: 7.5" Hera Quad Rail ($209 blemished) or $300 non-blemished
Anderson: 7.5" WYLDE w/ EXT forearm $414.21 (INCLUDES MPI BCG & CH )

I am leaning towards the Anderson or Sanders.  Thoughts?

Any that I should stay FAR away from because they are junk?

Thanks in advance for all replies.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I would take Areo over Anderson 100% everytime.

Aero should have  a Aero/BA barrel
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I would take the Anderson. Their stuff is awesome and so is Aero. Anderson has a great price and is very reliable. I think the Aero must be dedicated suppressed.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
...I think the Aero must be dedicated suppressed.
View Quote
What makes you think that?
Iv got two BA barrels in .300 and they both run 100% with everything I've tried, supers and shitty cast subs.

Anderson uses the ugliest forgings Iv ever seen. Dents and dings and forging marks everyware.

Sure...they are mil spec.
Bla bla bla....
Ugly is ugly.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What makes you think that?
Iv got two BA barrels in .300 and they both run 100% with everything I've tried, supers and shitty cast subs.

Anderson uses the ugliest forgings Iv ever seen. Dents and dings and forging marks everyware.

Sure...they are mil spec.
Bla bla bla....
Ugly is ugly.
View Quote
I have used many Anderson and don't have any dents, dings, or forging marks on both uppers and lower. They make a nice high grade product. I prefer the closed trigger guard lowers, don't care about milspec. I have had uglier Noveske products. Colt is the worst from my experience. BCM can be so so. I've had Aero in the past and no problems with them. I don't like their huge logos.

The Aero site seems to say "Ballistic Advantage BA Hanson 7.5” .300 Blackout Barrel. Features a gas port that is drilled to allow for dedicated suppressed use and pinned low profile gas block." Not saying it wont work without one.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm in a similar boat, looking to build a honey badger clone. I've settled on an 8" barrel and am pretty much sold on Aero/BA. Aero make some really nice quality stuff while being priced alongside most of the cheapies. Ballistic advantage makes arguably some of the nicest barrels and are also a great bang for the buck.

Anderson is questionable as to the quality you'll receive. I'd buy PSA before Anderson, not to mention PSA has better deals when they run specials. Also afaik Wylde is a .223 chambering.
Never heard of Daytona or Sanders and no experience with Ghost. CBC seems to be decent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top