Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2015 8:08:10 PM EDT
My nekid-ass 6920 arrived today. I ordered a LaRue 12.5 barrel and 9" FF Quad Rail, which will take a while to ship (incentive to get started on my Form 1 this week).

So here we go...

Lower:              Colt 6920 M4
Upper:              Colt A3 with M4 feed ramps
Barrel:              LaRue Stealth 12.5" 1:8 M4 feed ramps, Lo-pro gas block w. A2 FS
Handguard:      La Rue 9" FF Quad Handguard
Buffer Tube:     Colt/Mil Spec
Buttstock:         ??????  (SOPMOD?)
Grip:                 ??????  (Magpul MOE w. Oil bottle core?)
Triggerguard:   ??????  (Magpul aluminum w enhanced hardware?)
Optics:              Aimpoint T2 Micro w. 3x Magnifier (better suggestion?)
Light:                ?????? (not a priority today. Surefire X400 Ultra w.Green Laser at the moment)
BUIS Set:         ?????? (current optics set for absolute co-wit. FWIW)
Forward Acc:    ?????? (Suggest VFG or Angled attachment)
Sling:                 ?????? (Magpul MS4? have good results w MS3.)
Sling Mounts:   ?????? (Suggest mounts to go w your sling of choice.
Parts Upgrade:  ?????? (Anything highly recommended?)
Accessories:     ?????? (Anything else ?)

Here is a cut and paste template for your convenience. Feel free to fill out as little or as much as you want.

Lower:              Colt 6920 M4
Upper:              Colt A3 with M4 feed ramps
Barrel:              LaRue Stealth 12.5" 1:8 M4 feed ramps, Lo-pro gas block w. A2 FS
Handguard:      La Rue 9" FF Quad Handguard
Buffer Tube:     Colt/Mil Spec
Buttstock:        
Grip:                
Triggerguard:  
Optics:             Aimpoint T2 Micro w. 3x Magnifier (feel free to suggest replacement)
Light:              
BUIS Set:                                                
Forward Acc:                                        
Sling:                
Sling Mounts:                                          
Parts Upgrade:  
Accessories:      

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:40:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, this was completely uneventful. I wish the mod would have at least moved the topic to "accessories" since there would have been at least a remote chance of traffic/input; and 2. the input I was asking for was about accessories (I only mentioned the SBR to clue people in about weight and balance).

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:58:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Lower: Colt 6920 M4
Upper: Colt A3 with M4 feed ramps
Barrel: LaRue Stealth 12.5" 1:8 M4 feed ramps, Lo-pro gas block w. A2 FS
Handguard: La Rue 9" FF Quad Handguard
Buffer Tube: Colt/Mil Spec V seven makes a light weight mil spec buffer tube
Buttstock: Magpul CTR but i just switched to a M&A CAR stock
Grip: Magpul K is light weight and good angle for a SBR
Triggerguard: Magpul
Optics: Aimpoint T2 Micro w. 3x Magnifier (feel free to suggest replacement) I prefer Eotech
Light: Anything surefire
BUIS Set: Troy, But the Spikes Tactical mirco seem cool
Forward Acc: IR laser if you do NV otherwise no need for anything.
Sling: Anything single point QD
Sling Mounts: QD end plate
Parts Upgrade: Check out V Seven, they make a ton of light weight parts. You can buy them cheaper at vertexops.com
Accessories: Rail covers as the barrel and guard get hot, unless you plan to wear gloves all the time
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:08:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Just so you know the larue stealth barrel is 12" not 12.5". Just so you get your OAL a little closer to correct.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#4]
As far as furniture, why not go with larue's stock and grip? It was on sale with the barrel and hand guards last week.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

after owning an MOE-K and an MOE-K2, I MUCH prefer the K2. The grip feels better being slightly larger, and the grippiness of the rubberish material feels better in the hand.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just so you know the larue stealth barrel is 12" not 12.5". Just so you get your OAL a little closer to correct.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thank you.

Quoted:
As far as furniture, why not go with larue's stock and grip? It was on sale with the barrel and hand guards last week.

Frankly I'm not a fan of the stock. I don't care for the aesthetics (granted a BS reason, albeit one that may irrationally rule our decisions on many EBR accessories), but more importantly, I find the "thumb hole" activation to be too cumbersome. SOPMOD, M4 and CTR all train muscle memory for a blind grab to activate the telescopic adjustment. LaRue requires a finger or thumb jammed into the hole within the hole then dragged to activate. This seems that much more difficult if gloves were needed for whatever reason.

I may reconsider their grip though.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

after owning an MOE-K and an MOE-K2, I MUCH prefer the K2. The grip feels better being slightly larger, and the grippiness of the rubberish material feels better in the hand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually prefer the Hogue rubber grips but the Magpul K is lighter and on my MK18 im going to extreme light weight and compactness.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#8]
What's your mission with this gun? The mission will determine gear suggestions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top