Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2017 6:44:46 PM EDT
I'm thinking about building one of these fine British SMGs. I was originally thinking about making an AR 9, but that seemed too boring for me. I'm now thinking of a Sterling or Sten Carbine.

They both seem pretty straight forward to make semi autos. The Sten has that WW2 cool factor, but the Sterling was in Star Wars.

Anyone build either, or have any advice?

I think the only huge hurdle to jump is making a Sterling featureless without a pistol grip and fixed stock. The Sten already is featureless with the Candian Stock. Also maybe 922r compliance.

I can get 10 round Sten mags by asking some family members in free states to just pin them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
9mm AR would be my suggestion, but I don't follow milk bag politics.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:25:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I did a STEN pistol earlier this year and it is a hoot.  I bought a kit from Indianapolis Ordnance since it was my first STEN build.  

Much to my surprise, it shot to point of aim, and never jammed (despite the fact that I left the extractor out when I put it together.)  It ran cheap Tula 9mm steel cased ammo without a hiccup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top