Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Weasel_Master:
How often do they get 22 mags in stock?
View Quote

It’s a little sporadic, but I’d say generally they are in stock for a while each time they get a batch.  Considering they’re getting all these 22 kits, and it might increase demand for when the next batch comes through, but hopefully it also means that they’ll have a new batch coming through shortly.  I wouldn’t worry about trying to find 22 mags Secondary sellers or paying the mark up that they charge if I were in your position. Just check back often and have your email on the notification list, even though the notification website feature doesn’t really work a lot of the times.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#2]
How often do they get 22 mags in stock?
View Quote

Often enough that the two that come with the upper will hold you until they get more in.

The aftermarket can nearly double the cost each. It's really not worth it unless you're massively in a rush.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Ordered.  Damn you guys 😆   I'm patient enough to wait for more mags to come in stock.  But I've got a shooting bench off the back porch of the cabin so frequently shoot in the cold.  Only concern is not busting the two mags that come with it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Ordered.  Damn you guys 😆   I'm patient enough to wait for more mags to come in stock.  But I've got a shooting bench off the back porch of the cabin so frequently shoot in the cold.  Only concern is not busting the two mags that come with it.
View Quote

Load the mags inside and don't drop them on concrete outside after they've cooled off. Should be fine.

I managed to break the first one by dropping it -loaded - onto concrete. It was in the -20s that day. Second time was trying to load one while it was -39°.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I came to find any info on someone making a  better selector switch and ended up buying a .22 conversion 🤦 Glad they were finally in-stock, their stock alert is dreadful
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I've never met a wire stock that doesn't wobble.  Everyone loves the MP40 but the stocks were straight junk. U/F AKs? Junk. PPS-43? Junk. Name a wire stock and it probably wobbles.

In actual use you won't notice it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I took 99% of the wobble out of my stock by adding a couple spot welds to the adapter plate. Downside is it effects the angle of the stock but I shoot with it rested on top of my shoulder anyways.

Link Posted: 1/7/2023 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Amazingly Czechpoint still has three of the 22 uppers in stock right now.

I don't think I've ever seen them last so long.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 10:39:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:
Amazingly Czechpoint still has three of the 22 uppers in stock right now.

I don't think I've ever seen them last so long.
View Quote

I actually snagged one last week; don't even have my VZ.61 in 7.62 in yet! I may try printing a lower receiver for the .22 just so I have two working firearms.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Finally got notification my 22 upper shipped.  Kind of sucks they have adult signature required so I'll have to go pick it up at the Hub as I won't be home when they try to deliver.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:55:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Well I grabbed an upper but stupid Washington state won’t let me have any mags. Working in a work around now I hope
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:16:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By sefus:
Well I grabbed an upper but stupid Washington state won’t let me have any mags. Working in a work around now I hope
View Quote

If that falls through I'm 100% certain that members here are willing to forward some mail for you.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Skullsoldier:

I actually snagged one last week; don't even have my VZ.61 in 7.62 in yet! I may try printing a lower receiver for the .22 just so I have two working firearms.
View Quote

I did the same an don’t own a VZ61 at all. I figured the pistol is easy to find, but the .22 uppers are so hit or miss for availability. Going to keep an eye out for spare mags and try to snag at least 3 more as well.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 12:02:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Mine arrived today. As I said, I’m still waiting on my VZ.61, but their little kit is really well made and surprisingly hefty. The barrel is also quite thick and the machining, stamping and engravings are very clean. I think with a silencer adding some back pressure it’ll be extremely reliable. I only wish I had a spare lower!
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 7:32:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Mine arrived today. As I said, I’m still waiting on my VZ.61, but their little kit is really well made and surprisingly hefty. The barrel is also quite thick and the machining, stamping and engravings are very clean. I think with a silencer adding some back pressure it’ll be extremely reliable. I only wish I had a spare lower!
View Quote

I love mine. I’ve actually never fired my 32 upper.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 11:39:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Can anyone speak to the reliability of these uppers and mags when using decent ammo (CCI Standard velocity)?
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By cms81586:
Can anyone speak to the reliability of these uppers and mags when using decent ammo (CCI Standard velocity)?
View Quote

After a hundred rounds or so the one I used ran 100%. Minimags were being used if I remember correctly.

Have fun loading those mags.

The RAE Industries loader is cheap and works well. Without some kind of loader you'll struggle to get more than ten rounds in the mag without crushing the ammo.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

I have to think back to think if I had any malfunctions, but it’s been either flawless are pretty close to flawless. I usually shoot either CCI standard or mini mag, I forget, which in that gun.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 4:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#19]
View Quote

Mine is probably 98% reliable.

Some times a case goes behind the bolt into the trigger pack area.

Another issue I see when letting ppl shoot my gun they torque the mag while gripping the gun which adds resistance to the bolt causing issues. I can dump 5-6 mags back to back with no issues.

CCI SV is what I try to buy but mine will eat anything.

Also have no mag loader and have no issues loading my mags to full capacity. I think I have about 15-20 mags.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

Another issue I see when letting ppl shoot my gun they torque the mag while gripping the gun which adds resistance to the bolt causing issues. I can dump 5-6 mags back to back with no issues.

Also have no mag loader and have no issues loading my mags to full capacity. I think I have about 15-20 mags.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Interesting! I tried half a dozen mags that day and they all had serious issues loading past 10-16 rounds. No matter how careful I was the spring tension was so great that the cases were getting dented very badly just trying to load them. How recent are your mags? Perhaps there's an out of spec batch.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Interesting! I tried half a dozen mags that day and they all had serious issues loading past 10-16 rounds. No matter how careful I was the spring tension was so great that the cases were getting dented very badly just trying to load them. How recent are your mags? Perhaps there's an out of spec batch.
View Quote

I’ve bought them 3 times. Last time I bought some was summer of last year.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Ah - that might explain it! The mags I had such trouble with are all from the last few months direct from Czechpoint. I asked around and apparently at least a couple of the recent batch of uppers also came with mags that aren't easy to load past ten rounds or so complete with the crushed case problem I encountered. I'll contact Czechpoint and see what's up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:42:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Weasel_Master] [#23]
Are everyone's mags tight as shit for the 22 conversion?  Being plastic I imagine they'll wear in fairly quick.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:08:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Mine are snug.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:52:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Are everyone's mags tight as shit for the 22 conversion?  Being plastic I imagine they'll wear in fairly quick.
View Quote

I had this problem with one of the two mags that shipped with my .22 upper and one of three extra mags I purchased.  They were so tight they would not fully seat into the mag well.   I contacted tech support and they asked me to send in the mags. They ended up sending new mags to replace them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:57:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By N_Parker:

I had this problem with one of the two mags that shipped with my .22 upper and one of three extra mags I purchased.  They were so tight they would not fully seat into the mag well.   I contacted tech support and they asked me to send in the mags. They ended up sending new mags to replace them.
View Quote

Were the replacement mags better?  How long ago did they send those out?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 1:34:11 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Depends on what you mean as “tight as shit”.  Everyone that I’ve ever had has been relatively tight.  However, they have had issues with some of them being so tight that you almost have to shove it in there with a lot of force and sometimes can’t even get it quite enough in to latch.

If it’s so tight that it’s almost impossible to use, you can contact them and try to return them. The business is only run part time so it sometimes takes a while for you to hear back from them.  They have had this issue off and on for the last year or two with their 22 mag batches.  The other alternative is to adjust the magazines yourself.  This is personally what I did for some of them.  Take some fine sandpaper, and the area that you’re trying to sand is the sides of the magazine where it goes up into the receiver.  Not the tapered part at the top of the sides, just the part that’s straight up-and-down vertical, also not the front or back.  Do both sides and periodically check and after a while you’ll get a fit that is better than even the best OEM versions of these mags has been.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By agb104983:

Depends on what you mean as “tight as shit”.  Everyone that I’ve ever had has been relatively tight.  However, they have had issues with some of them being so tight that you almost have to shove it in there with a lot of force and sometimes can’t even get it quite enough in to latch.

If it’s so tight that it’s almost impossible to use, you can contact them and try to return them. The business is only run part time so it sometimes takes a while for you to hear back from them.  They have had this issue off and on for the last year or two with their 22 mag batches.  The other alternative is to adjust the magazines yourself.  This is personally what I did for some of them.  Take some fine sandpaper, and the area that you’re trying to sand is the sides of the magazine where it goes up into the receiver.  Not the tapered part at the top of the sides, just the part that’s straight up-and-down vertical, also not the front or back.  Do both sides and periodically check and after a while you’ll get a fit that is better than even the best OEM versions of these mags has been.
View Quote

They're tight enough I could remove the mag release and still use the magazine as a forward grip with no fear of movement.  I'll try sanding them as you describe.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#29]
A heads up .22 mags are back in stock.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 8:22:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Mrf2:
A heads up .22 mags are back in stock.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up, just snagged some.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#31]
How long does it normally take czechpoint to ship? I ordered Jan 20th and my order is still "in process"
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 6:31:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By jtstalker:
How long does it normally take czechpoint to ship? I ordered Jan 20th and my order is still "in process"
View Quote

Unfortunately in my experience there's no typical amount of time. I've had orders ship a day after ordering and I've had it take a couple of months after ordering.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Looking to grab a VZ61 now that I have a .22 upper. Any recommendations on which version to buy?  I’m thinking the original 7.65 caliber. But I’m not sure if I want the threaded barrel. Does it have much of a shoulder? Going to grab another 8 mags or so too.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Looking to grab a VZ61 now that I have a .22 upper. Any recommendations on which version to buy?  I’m thinking the original 7.65 caliber. But I’m not sure if I want the threaded barrel. Does it have much of a shoulder? Going to grab another 8 mags or so too.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/E9B80C29-9005-470E-932D-0F94D79A5036_jpe-2705416.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/F951BBF7-C029-457C-AD45-8D3442370049_jpe-2705417.JPG
View Quote

I bought mine as the OG 32acp. I have never shot it. Its had the 22lr receiver on it ever since I got.

I would like to get a 380 version since I already have a gun in that caliber and reload for it.

Link Posted: 2/10/2023 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#35]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/E9B80C29-9005-470E-932D-0F94D79A5036_jpe-2705416.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/F951BBF7-C029-457C-AD45-8D3442370049_jpe-2705417.JPG
View Quote

I would say get it in the original 32ACP.  To me personally, I prefer to own guns in their original caliber.  Plus 32 is such a soft shooting round in these guns that it really performs well.  And to top it all off, I love the metal curved magazines and hate the look of the straight plastic magazines that you have to use for the .380 and 9mmMak guns.

Yes, the factory threaded .32ACP guns actually have a slightly thicker barrel than the original design, so it allows it to be threaded 1/2x28 and still have plenty of shoulder.  On that note, 32ACP suppresses really really well.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

I'd defiantly get a threaded barrel - they suppress very well as others have said.

I really like my .380 version.  More power than the .32, cheaper ammo, better selection of ammo, and it eats any and all ammo I've run, including hollow points and 60 grain high velocity rounds, while my .32 version only liked some FMJ's, and not others.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#37]
I like the original caliber as I had a squirtgun version as a kid.  I am not a fan of the look of the straight plastic mag.  .32 suppresses really well, so I'd recommend getting the threaded version.  Hoping to sneak out tomorrow and try the .22 upper suppressed.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 11:42:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shadyman] [#38]
Any word from the fixed stock adapter project? I’d be down for one.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 12:39:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#39]
Originally Posted By Shadyman:
Any word from the fixed stock adapter project? I’d be down for one.
View Quote

Original guy had to put the project on hold because of other stuff that was coming up in his gun business.  I actually sent him a message about a week ago, but he never replied.  The updates I was getting from him by proactively contacting him seemed like the project was progressing and about ready to ship before he said he needed to put it on hold and focus on other things(Oct 2022). It’s hard to say how far along it really was but if what he was claiming during updates was accurate, he should’ve had them pretty much completed.  Which didn’t really make a lot of sense because if you had everything anodized and you were about ready to ship, there’s no reason to put it on hold.  I’m guessing some of the updates weren’t really quite accurate but no money exchanged hands so no one was really getting screwed over in the deal.

I’m probably going to take the concept to a couple guys I know in the NFA world that do this type of thing and see what their thoughts are as far as how interested they are in doing it and approximate cost.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 12:44:03 AM EDT
[#40]

Original guy had to put the project on hold because of other stuff that was coming up in his gun business.  I actually sent him a message about a week ago, but he never replied.  The updates I was getting from him by proactively contacting him seemed like the project was progressing and about ready to ship before he said he needed to put it on hold and focus on other things(Oct 2022). It’s hard to say how far along it really was but if what he was claiming during updates was accurate, he should’ve had them pretty much completed.  Which didn’t really make a lot of sense because if you had everything anodized and you were about ready to ship, there’s no reason to put it on hold.  I’m guessing some of the updates weren’t really quite accurate but no money exchanged hands so no one was really getting screwed over in the deal.

I’m probably going to take the concept to a couple guys I know in the NFA world that do this type of thing and see what their thoughts are as far as how interested they are in doing it and approximate cost.
View Quote

Still interested in 2 or more.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 7:10:36 AM EDT
[#41]
I still need one as well.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Ok, thx for the update. I’ve got a VZ58 stock sitting around, so I’m ready when this project gets done.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Ok, thx for the update. I’ve got a VZ58 stock sitting around, so I’m ready when this project gets done.
View All Quotes

Same here, I picked up one of the rarer solid wood ones so I could eventually stain it to match the pistol grip shade.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quick question - anyone come up with a quick-detach solution for swapping uppers? Removing that spring detent is a huge pain.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 12:09:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#45]
Quick question - anyone come up with a quick-detach solution for swapping uppers? Removing that spring detent is a huge pain.
View Quote

Yes.  So first remove the spring and detent and receiver pin.  Separate the upper and lower so you just have the upper.  Reinsert just the pin alone in the upper by itself.  Eyeball how much material to remove from the receiver pin tip, remove the pin, and then use something like a file, Dremel, belt sander, etc to shorten the receiver pin, so it is almost perfectly flush, or possibly slightly under flush when fully inserted. You are shortening the tip that protrudes out the opposite side of the receiver when it is fully inserted.  Keep on stopping occasionally to test fit and see how much further you have to go. Let me know if this isn’t making sense.

I’ve done this on all of mine and the downside is you need a tip of a bullet or something to push on the receiver pin to remove it rather than just being able to push on the protrusion. Upside though is it makes receiver swaps super easy.  I think Czechpoint is out right now, but you can always purchase new receiver pins at Czechpoint if you need extras or if you happen to screw up
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 9:14:09 AM EDT
[#46]

Yes.  So first remove the spring and detent and receiver pin.  Separate the upper and lower so you just have the upper.  Reinsert just the pin alone in the upper by itself.  Eyeball how much material to remove from the receiver pin tip, remove the pin, and then use something like a file, Dremel, belt sander, etc to shorten the receiver pin, so it is almost perfectly flush, or possibly slightly under flush when fully inserted. You are shortening the tip that protrudes out the opposite side of the receiver when it is fully inserted.  Keep on stopping occasionally to test fit and see how much further you have to go. Let me know if this isn’t making sense.

I’ve done this on all of mine and the downside is you need a tip of a bullet or something to push on the receiver pin to remove it rather than just being able to push on the protrusion. Upside though is it makes receiver swaps super easy.  I think Czechpoint is out right now, but you can always purchase new receiver pins at Czechpoint if you need extras or if you happen to screw up
View All Quotes

Alternatively you can swage a ball bearing in place of the pin, on top of the spring. It then acts just as a ball detent. That's what I ended up doing to the one I kept removing the upper from.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 12:09:19 AM EDT
[#47]

Alternatively you can swage a ball bearing in place of the pin, on top of the spring. It then acts just as a ball detent. That's what I ended up doing to the one I kept removing the upper from.
View All Quotes

Both excellent ideas. Certainly either would work.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#48]
How much are the vz61 lower receivers from Recon going these days? The website is out of date (2018).
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By isherman:
How much are the vz61 lower receivers from Recon going these days? The website is out of date (2018).
View Quote

I paid $395 plus credit card fee plus shipping plus tax in late 2021. It appears that is his current price from his most recent listings on gun broker.

As an aside, I just noticed that ReconOrd must have changed GunBroker usernames.  All of his listings I can currently find are under “Wisconsin100”, instead of “ReconOrd”  Has anyone else noticed that?
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#50]
New batchs of kits are coming in at low prices.

Atlantic just posted these recievers

https://atlanticfirearms.com/vz-61-receiver#

BTW, how different is the 380 bolt and the 32acp bolt. Can I open up the bolt face on a surplus bolt and build a 380 upper?

Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top