Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Even though the msrp is a touch high on these , I'm bit more excited to see this platform, even though the mp5 has its own gravity that pulls me. With HK killing the oem mfg of the platform I'm not too interested in putting money into the dated gun. This I feel is gonna be a great alternative with alot more modern options for mods. I do wish the barrel length would come in a 7inch but im sure they will probably offer a few more mag and barrel configs later on.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want to see a direct comparison between the B&T APC9 and this.
I do not want to hear from AR15 Internet critics that are destructive critics.
it takes brains to be a constructive critic and NONE to be a destructive one.
View Quote
A better comparison would be btwn this, the other roller delayed AR PCC upper, the CMMG radial delayed AR PCC upper, and an MP5.

The B&T is straight blowback and will get walked all over by this.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:05:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

A better comparison would be btwn this, the other roller delayed AR PCC upper, the CMMG radial delayed AR PCC upper, and an MP5.

View Quote
+1....

I'm personally liking what I'm seeing in the MEAN Arms setup the most. It looks like it will match the CMMG RDB in terms of modularity.  Standard uppers, rails etc...I'm hoping they have no ejector spring issues like I've had with the CMMG RDB.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
If im not mistaken the cmmg is a radial delayed not a roller but i don't have enough experience in either platform but I have heard a true roller is better.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If im not mistaken the cmmg is a radial delayed not a roller but i don't have enough experience in either platform but I have heard a true roller is better.
View Quote
Radial vs Roller are just two different ways of accomplishing the same thing. Slightly delaying the opening of the action long enough for pressures to drop further compared to a straight blowback.

Both have unique strengths and weaknesses though obviously. Wouldn’t say one is necessarily better than the other as it depends on the user’s needs.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:20:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
+1....

I'm personally liking what I'm seeing in the MEAN Arms setup the most. It looks like it will match the CMMG RDB in terms of modularity.  Standard uppers, rails etc...I'm hoping they have no ejector spring issues like I've had with the CMMG RDB.
View Quote
Is there any more in-depth info in the mean arms roller delayed upper? I saw it on IG but haven't found anything further.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:22:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Is there any more in-depth info in the mean arms roller delayed upper? I saw it on IG but haven't found anything further.
View Quote
I went diggin my self and more info to be seen on their facebook page but not a ton.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 6:37:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I went diggin my self and more info to be seen on their facebook page but not a ton.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We already have a thread going regarding the MEAN Arms roller delayed setup with some pictures I had a friend sent me from Shot here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Mean-Arms-Roller-Delayed-Upper/15-747671/

Someone also posted a Youtube link at the bottom of that thread also.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:01:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
https://i.ibb.co/nM5J9gv/Glock-mag-master-race.jpg

I would have Zero interest in this or any other new PCC if it didn't take Glock mags.

Having to buy 20x new, proprietary mags for each new PCC sucks.

Standardization is a good thing, and for the US market, the Glock mag is the "AR magazine" of 9x19 polymer mags. Available everywhere from multiple manufacturers, and cross compatible with multiple platforms.

Glock mag cross-compatibility:

-Glock handguns
-MPA Defender MAC
-Kel Tec Sub 2000
-Ruger PCC9
-Multiple AR15 PCC's
-CMMG Banshee
-B&T APC9 Pro
-Angstadt MDP-9
-Soon: Stribog w/ aftermarket lower

Now if we could just get a Glock mag compatible Scorpion lower....
View Quote
Couldn't agree more.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The glock mag angle is not doing it for me.
View Quote
^^  THIS  ^^

I prefer my custom build using MP5 mags.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#11]
It looks like they legit chopped up a MP5 BCG
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The glock mag angle is not doing it for me.
^^  THIS  ^^

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/491499/58F3D76C-C3E9-4014-B5FD-ACF5A9086528_jpe-1247016.JPG
Oh my!
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:48:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It looks like they legit chopped up a MP5 BCG
View Quote
That's probably exactly what they did...the guns are actually running MP5 barrels...
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted: That's probably exactly what they did...the guns are actually running MP5 barrels...
View Quote
That would put you in the whole HK roller library of swapping out rollers and angled bits to tune unlocking.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:57:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I know the MP5 is a soft shooter, but what is the MP5K like?  I always hear it isn’t as soft a shooter as the full size MP5?  This MDP-9 is more like the MP5K in size?  It seems like they developed this for overall size, to get rid of the buffer tube.  Not sure they were going for a full size MP5 type experience.  I wonder how far this is actually off from the APC9?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I know the MP5 is a soft shooter, but what is the MP5K like?  I always hear it isn’t as soft a shooter as the full size MP5?  This MDP-9 is more like the MP5K in size?  It seems like they developed this for overall size, to get rid of the buffer tube.  Not sure they were going for a full size MP5 type experience.  I wonder how far this is actually off from the APC9?
View Quote
I would agree the K is not quite as smooth as a fuill size MP5.  The receiver is shorter, therefore less distance for the bolt to travel = less time for the op spring to act on the the bolt carrier's rearward travel.  This results in a sharper/snappier recoil.  I've shot them side by side and the difference was noticeable.

This Angstadt bolt looks very light, traveling the same distance as an AR upper receiver.  Granted they had the constraint of trying to fit it directly onto an AR-type lower but I'm very curious to see what the recoil impulse feels like.  My guess it's similar to the MP5K.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 3:03:57 AM EDT
[#17]
The Angstadt MDP-9 probably has the same recoil as an MPX.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm getting PCC'ed out, if I got frequent flyer miles for filing Form 1s from the ATF I could fly to the moon and back for free, not a brace fan. You guys buy
the newest PCC and I fall into the trap and have to have it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
All the benefits of a non-bolt hold open mag, with a $70 price point.  What's not to love?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

All the benefits of a non-bolt hold open mag, with a $70 price point.  What's not to love?
View Quote
If you’re paying $70 for these mags you’re doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If you’re paying $70 for these mags you’re doing it wrong.
View Quote
Best mags are German HK mags which are that expensive.

Your build is very nice but I find the MP5 mag lower to be the least desirable configuration for an AR in 9mm. I would rank Glock, Colt, Scorpion, and Endomags all ahead of it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Honestly for that kind of money I think od rather have a banshee and $1000 worth of 9mm or an apc9k.  I know the apc is blow back but the recoil is still very manageable and the build quality is amazing.   I'd say HK SP5 but it might as well be vaporware unless you're willing to pay $1000 above MSRP....which I'm not.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:35:55 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm glad the price will keep away all the ignorant poors so they can never experience the MDP9. Bravo AA, bravo...  (starts slow clap)

And to think I almost bought an SP5 or APC9 knowing full well they were NOT everything I wanted. I have spent months waiting for an A3 Stribog to be approved for import. But the MDP9 is... well... everything. Its is an MP5K barreled action, stripped of weight, with integral MLOK and picatinny top rail, fully ambi, with LRBHO, takes virtually any stock/brace, any AR trigger, any AR grip, and comes ready for Glock mags but takes any 9mm lower and mags? There is litterally nothing to hate. The answer to all prayers. Ran like a top at Shot Show. If production guns are that good... people using other PCC will be like the people who use AKs and SKS instead of ARs.

And at 3.6 pounds? None of the PCC do that weight. Thats crazy.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
But the MDP9 is... well... everything. Its is an MP5K barreled action, stripped of weight, with integral MLOK and picatinny top rail, fully ambi, with LRBHO, takes virtually any stock/brace, any AR trigger, any AR grip, and comes ready for Glock mags but takes any 9mm lower and mags? There is litterally nothing to hate. The answer to all prayers.
View Quote
Not mine.  Uses proprietary upper and handguards....so single source for those parts.  Probably can't tune it either.
Looking at the pictures, I see two buttons on the right side.  I presume one is to release the bolt but don't know if you can lock the bolt back from the right side.  So that is a negative to me if you can't do that.

I know I'm in the minority here but I want to be able to tune the full auto cyclic rate by taking advantage of flat springs and hydraulic buffers available for the standard AR platform.  Not just for full auto though.  Being able to swap out the buffer and spring can greatly change the guns recoil impulse and new products are always coming out for the AR platform that can be leveraged.

I'm looking forward to the Mean Arms Roller delayed setup over the Angstadt MDP9 for more modularity / compatibility with other AR parts.  The Mean Arms proprietary parts are only the BCG and Barrel so sky's the limit on tuning and utilizing all other aftermarket AR parts....I can see people adapting the Mean Arms roller delayed to work with Glock, Colt, MP5 and Scorpion mags...similar to what people are doing with the CMMG RDB.

However, if you are not interested in those capabilities and features, I can certainly see the appeal of the Angstadt MDP9.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not mine.  Uses proprietary upper and handguards....so single source for those parts.  Probably can't tune it either.
Looking at the pictures, I see two buttons on the right side.  I presume one is to release the bolt but don't know if you can lock the bolt back from the right side.  So that is a negative to me if you can't do that.
View Quote
Does the MEAN arms one not use a proprietary upper? It's not like the bolt will be a standard AR part, and the BCG is always going to be the wear part that needs replacing first. I remember seeing that they use HK rollers, so it will be as tunable as a roller delayed gun can be. If it works with most AR lowers as it claims, the bolt hold open is in the lower, not the upper, so you can always put on a myriad of aftermarket accessories, or use an ambi lower.

The main difference is that this one has a folding stock and is lighter. The whole point of roller lock is that you don't need as much mass to keep the whole thing together, so you can have a lighter gun. This uses a standard AR lower, so all the mag compatibility would be the same.

You have more choice in the stock (you can put the same buffer tube on and have all the choices of AR stock, plus the picatinny can mount MCX/MPX stocks. There's also a picatinny ACR stock adapter out there)
You have the exact same choice of trigger, magazine, grip, mag release, bolt release, optics, doodads on the handguard, and muzzle devices as on a 9mm AR.

The only difference is that if M-LOK fell out of favour then you're stuck, but given m-lok just kicked keymod's butt, I don't see that happening any time soon.

From where I'm standing, the only disadvantage the MDP has is the price.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Does the MEAN arms one not use a proprietary upper?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Does the MEAN arms one not use a proprietary upper?
Nope...it uses a standard upper...see their Youtube video:
SHOT show 2020: MEAN Arms MA915 Upper Receiver
The main difference is that this one has a folding stock and is lighter. The whole point of roller lock is that you don't need as much mass to keep the whole thing together, so you can have a lighter gun. This uses a standard AR lower, so all the mag compatibility would be the same.

From where I'm standing, the only disadvantage the MDP has is the price.
To each his own...with the MDP you get the folding stock but you give up using standard rails, uppers and tune-ability (biggest issue for me).
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:09:20 PM EDT
[#27]
If MEAN arms roller delyed action is so great, why didnt they let people shoot it on day 1 range day at SHOT Show?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If MEAN arms roller delyed action is so great, why didnt they let people shoot it on day 1 range day at SHOT Show?
View Quote
Just to be clear:
  1. I have no dog in this fight
  2. I have no idea what the final version of each product will be like.  Both great concepts but we all know poor quality parts, QC, materials, bad heat treat etc and you could have the greatest designed product but the end result could be shit.  We just don't know until some get out in the wild. Although I think both companies make great products and stand behind them so I'm hoping for the best.
  3. Regarding MEAN Arms not showing for Range day...how is that a 'litmus test' for whether or not a product is good or not?  I used to be in the industry and got out about 3 yrs ago.  My ex-partner still manufacturers for other 'manufacturers' today...several really big names everyone here would know that I'm not at liberty to mention.  He's never been to range day...so what?  The last Shot Show I went to was about 4 yrs ago and I've been to several before then.  I could be wrong but I don't think Noveske ever had a booth back then.   Does that mean a new Noveske products sucks if it isn't debuted at range day???  Of course not.  IWI introduced the TS12 Jan 2018 and just started releasing them for sale end of 2019 since they had problems with certain ammo and didn't want to release it till it was ready.  You think any manufacturer is going to let people run ammo that wasn't tested in their demo guns at range day?
    Regardless, my buddy that took pictures of the MEAN Arms BCG I posted in the other thread told me that he felt that they seemed kind of on the fence to even introduce it as it was last minute.  Timing is everything in life, they obviously have several successful products that are new and innovative.  I know they are busy keeping with the demand of the Endomags.  I know that they are working on the 40 round version also.
  4. Time and money to push the products.  Just a guess here but I 'think' Angstadt has been around longer and has more clout than MEAN.  I see more push for their products.  MEAN seems to be more 'grassroots' support.   Just my perception from what I see online and from what a couple friends told me that went to Shot this year.  I don't know what it costs to get setup for range day.  Maybe they didn't want to spend the money on it?  Takes time to set all that up.   Maybe they didn't have time?   Who knows.  I really don't care.  I don't think the MEAN Arms Endomags were at range day last year....but it is a great product and love mine.
  5. That said, I'm hoping both products are successful as that just gives us all more options.  I'm just saying that if both products have zero issues, that I would prefer the MEAN Arms over the Angstadt MDP-9.  Don't think I'm saying the Angstadt MDP-9 is inferior or anything like that.  I haven't heard anything bad about their products.
    I don't care for side chargers.  At matches, I only touch the charging handle when I'm told I can load and make ready at a stage by the RO and when I'm told to show clear.  My guns typically don't jam so I rarely touch the charging handle during a stage.  Many high quality ambi CH's out there to choose from that work with a standard upper.  I like my ambi lowers where I can not only release the bolt but lock it back on the right side.  I also want to be able to tune the action.  I most likely will be using a hydraulic buffer and flat spring like I'm running for my CMMG RDB configurations as well as 556, 5.45, 7.62x39 etc...
    Sure many people out there that love side chargers, side folders and don't give a crap out being able to lock the bolt back from the right side and hate tuning...then assuming their are no issues then the MDP-9 sounds perfect for someone like that.
I know MEAN Arms said they plan on releasing complete uppers first which I find disappointing since only the BCG and BBL are proprietary, I wish they would just sell those.  Having to provide a complete upper means they have to procure those parts and slap them together and is just going to take more time.

On the flip side, Angstadt Arms has to make a whole new upper receiver and rail as well as other parts.  They don't have the luxury of just sourcing any old upper or rail from the 100's of sources out there.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Excited to see when the secondary companies get ahold of the tech and cut the price in half, which is where this should be to begin with. More for an upper than a new PWS Mod2 costs is the stupidest thing I've heard.

The damn LWRC is starting to look more appealing the more I look at this overpriced Stribog bastard child.

Edit. Also, it doesn't say it's compatible with any standard lower. It has a note on the home page that reads "A list of additional 3rd party compatible AR-9 receivers will be provided in the future."

I'd be in at $750 for an upper if it worked with the pending PSA or NFA Scorpion mag lowers.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 3:21:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Excited to see when the secondary companies get ahold of the tech and cut the price in half, which is where this should be to begin with. More for an upper than a new PWS Mod2 costs is the stupidest thing I've heard.

The damn LWRC is starting to look more appealing the more I look at this overpriced Stribog bastard child.

Edit. Also, it doesn't say it's compatible with any standard lower. It has a note on the home page that reads "A list of additional 3rd party compatible AR-9 receivers will be provided in the future."

I'd be in at $750 for an upper if it worked with the pending PSA or NFA Scorpion mag lowers.
View Quote
You are dreaming if you think this upper should cost $750 with the investment they made in development. This isn't just another 9mm AR. It's expensive but it's the first real approach to combining an AR with a MP5.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You are dreaming if you think this upper should cost $750 with the investment they made in development. This isn't just another 9mm AR. It's expensive but it's the first real approach to combining an AR with a MP5.
View Quote
At their current MSRP,  they must be planning on recouping all of their R&D costs on the first 100 guns sold. Or, you know, because math, they could lower the price, sell a lot more, and recoup the cost across more units while also expanding their market presence and brand awareness.

CMMG says hello.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:44:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

At their current MSRP,  they must be planning on recouping all of their R&D costs on the first 100 guns sold. Or, you know, because math, they could lower the price, sell a lot more, and recoup the cost across more units while also expanding their market presence and brand awareness.

CMMG says hello.
View Quote
They certainly need to if your wishes of it being knocked off immediately are to come true. God forbid some innovative capitalists earn a good profit on their work.

I own the CMMG and while it’s an improvement over standard blowback there is still room for it to be better and less finicky. I’ve shelved the AR in 9mm and will be shooting the MP5 until something that can mimic the MP5 operation is available in the AR platform with modularity and ergonomics.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:58:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I own the CMMG and while it’s an improvement over standard blowback there is still room for it to be better and less finicky. I’ve shelved the AR in 9mm and will be shooting the MP5 until something that can mimic the MP5 operation is available in the AR platform with modularity and ergonomics.
View Quote
Stribog SP9A3 enters the room. If you don't care for the use of the factory magazines or lower, the aftermarket is taking care of that right now so that you can use lowers with AR controls + AR triggers + AR grips and your choice of Glock or Colt magazines. All at the price of <$1000. That is what the Angstadt Arms will be competing against in the not to distant future.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:31:26 AM EDT
[#34]
While the stribog is pretty soft shooting for a blowback gun its nowhere near as soft as an mp5.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:35:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
While the stribog is pretty soft shooting for a blowback gun its nowhere near as soft as an mp5.
View Quote
Keyword, SP9A3. The upcoming roller delayed blowback. Reports from Europe where it is already been released is that it shoots as soft as an MP5.

Stribog SP9A1 is the straight blowback version that is currently available here in the USA.

The SP9A3 will eat the AA MDP-9's lunch and dinner money.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 4:12:24 AM EDT
[#36]
SP9A3 is not 3.6 pounds. It will never compete with tbe MDP9 directly. It is a larger and heavier gun. It will not run any AR lower parts you want, etc. It wont have as little recoil without a brake.

Noveske sold some reasonable quality match barrels for ARs and some rails, etc. Nothing special that needed a range day to prove anything. Well there was ONE gas block that didnt sell sell enough to stay in production due to... a lack of proof to the average consumer it worked as advertised.

When you say you have a roller delay system that cuts recoil in half with less weight you need to have a range day to prove it. Its one of the few times you NEED a range day.

New binary trigger that claims to run flawlessly? Needs a range day.
New rail system? Does not need a range day.
Prefit match barrel? Does not need a range day.
Double stack magazine fed shotgun that will run slugs, buckshot, or birdshot on one setting and claims lower recoil than an 1100? Going to need a range day.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Noveske sold some reasonable quality match barrels for ARs and some rails, etc. Nothing special that needed a range day to prove anything. Well there was ONE gas block that didnt sell sell enough to stay in production due to... a lack of proof to the average consumer it worked as advertised.

When you say you have a roller delay system that cuts recoil in half with less weight you need to have a range day to prove it. Its one of the few times you NEED a range day.

New binary trigger that claims to run flawlessly? Needs a range day.
New rail system? Does not need a range day.
Prefit match barrel? Does not need a range day.
Double stack magazine fed shotgun that will run slugs, buckshot, or birdshot on one setting and claims lower recoil than an 1100? Going to need a range day.
View Quote
Range day just helps to promote a product that is it....it doesn't vet the product for any reliability or QC issues.

Case in point is the CMMG RDB.  CMMG showed it off at range day and of course it performed flawlessly there.

I think I've done the most testing / tinkering than anyone on this site with the CMMG RDB.  All (3) of my builds kill ejector springs around 1K rounds....just like many people are finding out now.
I still run the CMMG RDB with the ejector spring in .40SW but have resorted to using a fixed ejector and modified bolt and carrier in 9mm.

Giving a test unit to BattleFieldVegas / HendersonDefense, I think would be the true test for a product like this: https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/High-round-count-AR-M4-s-over-100-000-rounds-and-how-they-have-handled-on-our-range/118-677135/
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Keyword, SP9A3. The upcoming roller delayed blowback. Reports from Europe where it is already been released is that it shoots as soft as an MP5.

Stribog SP9A1 is the straight blowback version that is currently available here in the USA.

The SP9A3 will eat the AA MDP-9's lunch and dinner money.
View Quote
It's not approved for import yet so it could be years before we see it, if at all
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Does Angstadt have the new holy grail of sub guns ? I'm not delusional so I would say no. I would like to think they have a US made quality product that is reliable and well made and fills in an niche with all the updates most people want. The only people I see up in arms is the ones in regards to price, while I'd love to have a fully updated MP5 straight from germany it just isn't gonna happen. I'm glad the stribog is around for other price alternatives but I wouldn't put in the same category as the B&T or the MDP 9. You can always try to send production to the least paid countries and get a reasonable product at the lowest cost but you will always run into issues at some point.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
SP9A3 is not 3.6 pounds. It will never compete with tbe MDP9 directly. It is a larger and heavier gun. It will not run any AR lower parts you want, etc. It wont have as little recoil without a brake.
View Quote

The SP9A3 is around 2kg, so low 4 pound range. But remember this is the full size 8" Stribog. You would have to wait and compare the 5.5" Stribog AP9A3S to have an apples to apples comparison for comparing to the 5.85" MDP9. I would say they are very competitive weight wise against each other.

The SP9A3 is close enough weight wise to definitely compete with the MDP9 directly even if the barrel lengths are different. 9mm. Roller delayed. One piece upper. Side folding. Modern ergonomics. For anyone looking to get a 9mm PCC/sub gun, they will 100% be crossed shopped by the consumer. Change my mind.

Running any AR lower is definitely a trait the MDP9 has over the SP9A3, but is that really that big of a deal for most consumers? As long as you have the ability to run Glock or Colt magazines + run AR FCG and safety + AR grips, not sure it matters after that to be honest. Why would you want a larger and heavier AR15 lower to run bigger and bulkier MEAN Endomag conversions? I can see that for a CMMG RDB setup where you need the buffer tube. That makes sense. But for a side folding gun like a SP9A3 or MDP9, I don't see the advantage at all.

How do you know the roller delayed SP9A3 won't have as little recoil as the MDP9. You haven't even shot both of them much less side by side.

Quoted:

It's not approved for import yet so it could be years before we see it, if at all
View Quote
It will come. Don't be so negative.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#41]
I have a Stribog that I converted to A3.  I can attest it's on par with an MP5.  The big difference between the two is design.  Stribog is "simple"; extruded receiver, solid bolt, etc.  HK is more "complex"; welded receiver, intricate bolt system, etc.  That all equates to manufacturing time.  More time = more money.  But as simple as Stribog is, I was very impressed with the overall fit & finish.  It's quality, definitely not something you'd expect from a $650 gun.

An advantage MDP has over both Stribog and MP5 is the ability (assuming) to fit & function with an existing AR receiver.  The MSRP, where high, reflects in part Angstadt's R&D recoup plus outright machining cost to produce the complex, HK-like parts.  In the end will the Stribog A3 shoot "just as smooth" and cost considerably less money?  Probably.  But as mentioned, until they're compared side by side, we can only speculate.

I love all these different options coming out now.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/zrOAm6h.png

The SP9A3 is around 2kg, so low 4 pound range. But remember this is the full size 8" Stribog. You would have to wait and compare the 5.5" Stribog AP9A3S to have an apples to apples comparison for comparing to the 5.85" MDP9. I would say they are very competitive weight wise against each other.

The SP9A3 is close enough weight wise to definitely compete with the MDP9 directly even if the barrel lengths are different. 9mm. Roller delayed. One piece upper. Side folding. Modern ergonomics. For anyone looking to get a 9mm PCC/sub gun, they will 100% be crossed shopped by the consumer. Change my mind.

Running any AR lower is definitely a trait the MDP9 has over the SP9A3, but is that really that big of a deal for most consumers? As long as you have the ability to run Glock or Colt magazines + run AR FCG and safety + AR grips, not sure it matters after that to be honest. Why would you want a larger and heavier AR15 lower to run bigger and bulkier MEAN Endomag conversions? I can see that for a CMMG RDB setup where you need the buffer tube. That makes sense. But for a side folding gun like a SP9A3 or MDP9, I don't see the advantage at all.

How do you know the roller delayed SP9A3 won't have as little recoil as the MDP9. You haven't even shot both of them much less side by side.

View Quote
You spelled factual wrong lol.  Not being negative just saying that you cant compare two products when one of them isnt even approved for import.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You spelled factual wrong lol.  Not being negative just saying that you cant compare two products when one of them isnt even approved for import.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/zrOAm6h.png

Sure we can. It's like arguing we can't discuss the MDP-9 since it isn't at dealers yet. So it's not in consumer hands. Can't talk about the MDP-9. Sorry awd_xtc says we can't talk or compare it. Mean Arms roller delayed AR upper, sorry can't talk about it because awd_xtc says we can't talk or compare it. Shut this thread down, awd_xtc says we can't talk about these new guns.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Sure we can. It's like arguing we can't discuss the MDP-9 since it isn't at dealers yet. So it's not in consumer hands. Can't talk about the MDP-9. Sorry awd_xtc says we can't talk or compare it. Mean Arms roller delayed AR upper, sorry can't talk about it because awd_xtc says we can't talk or compare it. Shut this thread down, awd_xtc says we can't talk about these new guns.
View Quote
As a medical professional I think you need some vitamin A.  There is a big difference between bot shipping to dealers and not allowed to ship yet.  For all intents and purposes the stribog might as well be hypothetical in nature.   I know you seem to have a hard on for it and congratulations good for you.   I'm sure it's a wonderful firearm and you two will be very happy together as soon as it gets it's green card.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 4:49:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Let’s keep it clean guys. I find the technical discussion about these types of topics by members much more knowledgeable than I am to be fascinating and enlightening so i don’t want this thread to get locked for petty differences.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm not sure why this guy is so salty, I didnt say anything bad about the damn gun.  Some people are just not very open minded I guess.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:45:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

As a medical professional I think you need some vitamin A.  There is a big difference between bot shipping to dealers and not allowed to ship yet.  For all intents and purposes the stribog might as well be hypothetical in nature.   I know you seem to have a hard on for it and congratulations good for you.   I'm sure it's a wonderful firearm and you two will be very happy together as soon as it gets it's green card.
View Quote
I'm not sure there is much difference between not shipping to dealers and not being allowed to import yet. Ask the thousands of people trying to get HK SP5s, or Mean arms roller delayed, or the Angstadt roller delayed etc. Not in dealers hands = not in your hands. And small amounts shipping to dealers just jack up the price beyond MSRP.

I'd rather wait for the stribog A3 to get the okay and ship in bulk than try to snag the rare unicorn of some firearm for 30% above MSRP
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#48]
My point is that the gun is not for sale and needs approval to be imported while the other guns even if they are not shipping yet do not have that step of approval to be imported.  Will it be imported...most likely but it could take a while.  That's all.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 11:43:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My point is that the gun is not for sale and needs approval to be imported while the other guns even if they are not shipping yet do not have that step of approval to be imported.  Will it be imported...most likely but it could take a while.  That's all.
View Quote
Valid. I do think we can reasonably assume they will be imported given that the A2 has been imported, the country of origin, and the importer. And it's likely to be sooner rather than later this year.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#50]
I really dig the innovative Mean Arms endomags. I'm excited to try their upper. That being said, I've just started to shoot the "Amphibian recommended" CMMG RDB setup and will have plenty of time to work with that while waiting for the Mean Arms upper.

Again, a huge thank you to Amphibian for all his work and sharing with the community.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top