Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting.  I checked it and it showed 2999, but then I logged in to check my Mil/Le discount.  Let’s just say I couldn’t pass it up!!!!!  Now OOS

Edit to say, I got their email listing it as back in stock.   Logged in immediately, showed 1 in and bam checked out.  Went back after the order and attempted to add to the cart again and it showed OOS backordered.   Let’s hope it’s right.!

Edit #2 -  I called, I was the slower trigger finger.   Two orders exact same time and I’m XXXXX05 the other guy was XXXXXX04...

Edit #3 - DSG had another 3 show up and I got one of those, it shipped and I should have it this Thursday/Friday.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting.  I checked it and it showed 2999, but then I logged in to check my Mil/Le discount.  Let’s just say I couldn’t pass it up!!!!!  Now OOS

Edit to say, I got their email listing it as back in stock.   Logged in immediately, showed 1 in and bam checked out.  Went back after the order and attempted to add to the cart again and it showed OOS backordered.   Let’s hope it’s right.!

Edit #2 -  I called, I was the slower trigger finger.   Two orders exact same time and I’m XXXXX05 the other guy was XXXXXX04...
View Quote
What was the discount price?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#3]
If anyone has found one, I would like a PM and try to buy it but so far everyone is out of stock.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 3:45:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If anyone has found one, I would like a PM and try to buy it but so far everyone is out of stock.
View Quote
Osage has them in stock but the price is high.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 9:50:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I’m a little concerned about the replaceable rubber bumper on the charging handle. Desert air and UV is very incompatible with any rubberized components and that just does t seem like a good thing. My SCARs have charging handles, no bumpers and no damage to the finish.

The other concern is that set screw you guys were talking about higher up on the thread. The YouTube video of that hog shooter says he has about 3k rounds through it no issues, zero malfunction and the screw uses vibratight on it or something like that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 9:55:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’m a little concerned about the replaceable rubber bumper on the charging handle. Desert air and UV is very incompatible with any rubberized components and that just does t seem like a good thing. My SCARs have charging handles, no bumpers and no damage to the finish.

The other concern is that set screw you guys were talking about higher up on the thread. The YouTube video of that hog shooter says he has about 3k rounds through it no issues, zero malfunction and the screw uses vibratight on it or something like that.
View Quote
Also concerned about the set screw. That's all that's holding in the barrel on a $3000 gun? Am I miss something?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:06:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Also concerned about the set screw. That's all that's holding in the barrel on a $3000 gun? Am I miss something?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s what the video shows us on page 2.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:29:56 AM EDT
[#8]
null
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That’s what the video shows us on page 2.
View Quote
Yeah, I saw it. LWRC has a big note / warning in the manual that the average user should never have to remove the barrel. Are they just Loctite'ing that screw in there and hoping people generally avoid taking it out?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:54:31 AM EDT
[#10]
another pic of- old vs new....

Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah, I saw it. LWRC has a big note / warning in the manual that the average user should never have to remove the barrel. Are they just Loctite'ing that screw in there and hoping people generally avoid taking it out?
View Quote
Yes, it uses Vibra-tite with a 5 extraction lifespan before it must be reapplied. I was going out this morning to buy mine but now, not convinced. What if I get stuck with a $3k boat anchor and say LWRC doesn’t see fit to “improve” it later as some have suggested. I cannot accept the possibility of my firearm flying apart or failing to cycle because of a loctite screw coming loose. Damnit I want that gun but this may be a wallet impacting mistake LOL.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
another pic of- old vs new....

https://i.imgur.com/l6gcIat.jpg
View Quote
That is bad ass. I had that HK rifle before and loved shooting it but couldn’t get mags so I sold it, around 2001.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 12:19:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes, it uses Vibra-tite with a 5 extraction lifespan before it must be reapplied. I was going out this morning to buy mine but now, not convinced. What if I get stuck with a $3k boat anchor and say LWRC doesn’t see fit to “improve” it later as some have suggested. I cannot accept the possibility of my firearm flying apart or failing to cycle because of a loctite screw coming loose. Damnit I want that gun but this may be a wallet impacting mistake LOL.
View Quote
at first i was concerned like you, but then i got to thinking- lwrc really did something new here, and with new advances comes new challenges. its a set screw for the recoil system- the best 45 acp recoil system on the market today. after inspection of mine- i dont think ill ever have to remove it except for if i have a problem or if i really want to scrub inside the mechanism. it has been in development for 4 years now, would you think if there was a better way then lwrc of all companies would of found it. they deemed the set screw to be the best solution for a complicated system and i trust them and i trust lwrc not to put out a system that wont operate like it should. there are some companies you just trust and lwrc is one of them. its a limited run, dont know how many lwrc will make, i wouldnt hesitate or in a year youll be bashing your head against the wall when the prices are over 4k...
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 1:39:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is it going to be 45 ACP only?

Will you be able to easily change calibers?  For $3k I'd like the option for 9mm & 45 ACP.  Maybe even 10mm.

I've got an Octane 45 HD that I'd originally planned on using on this gun.  I've had the suppressor for years now..

They should offer the B&T style 3-lugs on the barrels.
View Quote
Has LWRC or anyone with information answered this question? Will it come in other calibers like 9mm or 10mm?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Is there any evidence that this will be a limited run? Has LWRC said that? On their Instagram page they said they're making them as fast as they can and selling every one.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Has LWRC or anyone with information answered this question? Will it come in other calibers like 9mm or 10mm?
View Quote
I emailed them and they said 9mm is "planned", but wouldn't give a timeline. Seeing as this was at SHOT for four years, I wouldn't hold your breath. Maybe eventually but not anytime soon.

I also found it interesting that one of the designers in a video said this was originally designed for an unnamed customer who wanted it in 45 ACP, but if they started today they would have done it in 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 2:24:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I emailed them and they said 9mm is "planned", but wouldn't give a timeline. Seeing as this was at SHOT for four years, I wouldn't hold your breath. Maybe eventually but not anytime soon.

I also found it interesting that one of the designers in a video said this was originally designed for an unnamed customer who wanted it in 45 ACP, but if they started today they would have done it in 9mm.
View Quote
It is a multi cal lower unit and the upper is serialized. With this setup, they could offer a 9mm or 10mm version and just swap the bolt and barrel, done. If they’re smart.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It is a multi cal lower unit and the upper is serialized. With this setup, they could offer a 9mm or 10mm version and just swap the bolt and barrel, done. If they’re smart.
View Quote
Interesting they chose to make the upper serialized. Why not the lower? As it is now, you'll have to buy a whole new firearm to swap to 9mm, or swap the bolt and barrel, which means unscrewing that set screw with only a 5 extraction lifetime? Perhaps the fact the upper is serialized says a lot about their future plans to make caliber conversion kits available.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Has anyone else seen these in stock anywhere?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Has anyone else seen these in stock anywhere?
View Quote
Well guys, I just bought mine...despite the initial concerns, I held it, checked it, cycled it. Feels tight as hell! I am dropping my Larue MBT into this chassis and away we go. I hope to range test tomorrow. You can find them on Gunbroker and there are a few here who know where to find one but they are rare. My SN is in the upper 100’s.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#21]
What’s everyone actually paying?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 10:17:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What’s everyone actually paying?
View Quote
I paid 2649+tax for mine.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#23]
My new one, it is missing the thread protector on the barrel because the asshats at the LGS decided to dress it up and play house with it before I got there and put a suppressor on it. Apparently they failed to put the thread protector back on or in the box and I have reached out to them to find it and notify me they have it today. I am trying to hit the range today but it will be 109 so maybe not.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#24]
So is it possible to put a 3 lug and run a suppressor on it or not?
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So is it possible to put a 3 lug and run a suppressor on it or not?
View Quote
Yes, but due to the barrel design requires a piston.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My new one, it is missing the thread protector on the barrel because the asshats at the LGS decided to dress it up and play house with it before I got there and put a suppressor on it. Apparently they failed to put the thread protector back on or in the box and I have reached out to them to find it and notify me they have it today. I am trying to hit the range today but it will be 109 so maybe not.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2851/FF8752DC-9E6E-4CAF-B5A7-FE5020FBCE74_jpeg-1041828.JPG
View Quote
Nice gun. The only sore point here is the Brace, need to find an adapter and put a collapsible Maxim Defense style brace or an ACR style stock
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Nice gun. The only sore point here is the Brace, need to find an adapter and put a collapsible Maxim Defense style brace or an ACR style stock
View Quote
Does anyone know if the brace mount is proprietary? Or is it compatible with any other standard mount like HK, etc.?
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it going to be 45 ACP only?

Will you be able to easily change calibers?  For $3k I'd like the option for 9mm & 45 ACP.  Maybe even 10mm.

I've got an Octane 45 HD that I'd originally planned on using on this gun.  I've had the suppressor for years now..

They should offer the B&T style 3-lugs on the barrels.
Ooh please don't make one in 10mm.....I can resist this model but a 10mm with HK mags would be a bad deal.  I keep eyeballing those Kriss 10mm's...……
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#29]
The 9mm is for sure going to come in the near future as hinted by the LWRC reps at Shot Show.

Guess, 10mm delayed blowback is on the shortlist of a lot of people, including me

Although, don’t have high hopes for it though.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My new one, it is missing the thread protector on the barrel because the asshats at the LGS decided to dress it up and play house with it before I got there and put a suppressor on it. I am trying to hit the range today but it will be 109 so maybe not.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2851/FF8752DC-9E6E-4CAF-B5A7-FE5020FBCE74_jpeg-1041828.JPG
View Quote
Let us know how it shoots, and maybe a comparison between the 9mm PCCs like the CMMG Banshee or APC9 recoil impulse , smoothness wise if you have shot those.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I paid 2649+tax for mine.
View Quote
That’s a good price.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Let us know how it shoots, and maybe a comparison between the 9mm PCCs like the CMMG Banshee or APC9 recoil impulse , smoothness wise if you have shot those.
View Quote
I will do that. I can compare against my 8”bbl Sig MPX.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Interesting they chose to make the upper serialized. Why not the lower? As it is now, you'll have to buy a whole new firearm to swap to 9mm, or swap the bolt and barrel, which means unscrewing that set screw with only a 5 extraction lifetime? Perhaps the fact the upper is serialized says a lot about their future plans to make caliber conversion kits available.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is a multi cal lower unit and the upper is serialized. With this setup, they could offer a 9mm or 10mm version and just swap the bolt and barrel, done. If they're smart.
By serializing the upper they allow new lowers to be installed without buying a new "firearm" (the serialized  upper is the firearm, not the lower). That is important since a new lower will be needed to properly take new mags in different calibers. But it'll be a very expensive conversion, to the point that simply buying an entire new gun is probably not much more expensive.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
By serializing the upper they allow new lowers to be installed without buying a new "firearm" (the serialized  upper is the firearm, not the lower). That is important since a new lower will be needed to properly take new mags in different calibers. But it'll be a very expensive conversion, to the point that simply buying an entire new gun is probably not much more expensive.
View Quote
I would think that's one of the reasons behind using UMP mags.  You can use 45, 40, and 9mm all in the same lower receiver.  If/when they get around to different calibers it should just be a bolt & barrel change (maybe the spring too), much like the UMP.  All in theory of course....
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I would think that's one of the reasons behind using UMP mags.  You can use 45, 40, and 9mm all in the same lower receiver.  If/when they get around to different calibers it should just be a bolt & barrel change (maybe the spring too), much like the UMP.  All in theory of course....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great plan but I am not sure LWRC has the stomach to support it. The barrel tension screw is not a part they want to be user serviceable but it is/can be. It has very specific tolerances for reliable functionality and they have not shared this with us. Watch the YouTube video from the guy in Texas who has one and he shows how to disassemble the weapon and one of the items is the barrel tension screw. The factory used “Vibra-tite” on it. I want 10mm on this one but I will take 9mm as well.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Great plan but I am not sure LWRC has the stomach to support it. The barrel tension screw is not a part they want to be user serviceable but it is/can be. It has very specific tolerances for reliable functionality and they have not shared this with us. Watch the YouTube video from the guy in Texas who has one and he shows how to disassemble the weapon and one of the items is the barrel tension screw. The factory used “Vibra-tite” on it. I want 10mm on this one but I will take 9mm as well.
View Quote
Sadly I think you're right.  I could see caliber conversions marketed more toward MIL/LE as the unit armorer would prob be 'factory trained' to service the gun.  But at least it's a potential option for the future.  Then again, I'll believe it whan I see it.  MPX for example, was specifically marketed as being able to swap calibers and 4+ years later, still nothing.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 4:59:24 PM EDT
[#37]
For anyone who has been lucky enough to grab one of these, have you shot it yet?
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 5:11:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Sadly I think you're right.  I could see caliber conversions marketed more toward MIL/LE as the unit armorer would prob be 'factory trained' to service the gun.  But at least it's a potential option for the future.  Then again, I'll believe it whan I see it.  MPX for example, was specifically marketed as being able to swap calibers and 4+ years later, still nothing.
View Quote
I will say this as well. As stout as the upper and lower receivers appear to be, there is no doubt in my mind that they are completely built for more. We can all just hope I guess but like you mentioned, the MPX, I have one and it is built for less than this LWRC, trust me on that. The LWRC just feels like a better firearm in many ways. I am going to drop a Larue single stage flat MBT into the lower and go to the range. It has been too damned hot here lately and 10 minutes in the sun this pistol will be 160 degrees!
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 11:42:38 PM EDT
[#39]
That barrel "set screw", does it seem it's meant to only keep the barrel from rotating in the upper receiver?  It's not the only part holding the barrel in the receiver, does it?

At 5:57 in this YT video, the guy explains the channel in the barrel where the set screw goes, and at 6:59 he discusses when the set screw is set too tight, the barrel is prevented from moving in and out of the upper:

https://youtu.be/YZznVWtEmKE

Link Posted: 8/7/2019 1:37:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Would like to know whether the stock adapter is proprietary as well.

I’d be much more interested in a version without a brace that was a hundred bucks cheaper.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 9:02:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Would like to know whether the stock adapter is proprietary as well.

I’d be much more interested in a version without a brace that was a hundred bucks cheaper.
View Quote
I'd also like to know this. Is the mounting system for the brace proprietary? It looks like it might be the same mount as an APC9 or HK UMP?

Edit: Spoke with LWRC. It's proprietary. I guess no one will be SBR'ing this for a while. There's supposed to be an AR buffer tube available at some point, but LWRC doesn't know when it will be available. Their past history probably means a long time, if ever. :/

Edit 2: Spoke with SB Tactical. They say it's the HK UMP mount and the brace is their SBTi.

I think SB is correct...
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'd also like to know this. Is the mounting system for the brace proprietary? It looks like it might be the same mount as an APC9 or HK UMP?

Edit: Spoke with LWRC. It's proprietary. I guess no one will be SBR'ing this for a while. There's supposed to be an AR buffer tube available at some point, but LWRC doesn't know when it will be available. Their past history probably means a long time, if ever. :/

Edit 2: Spoke with SB Tactical. They say it's the HK UMP mount and the brace is their SBTi.

I think SB is correct...
View Quote
It is an SB. Not sure if there is anything proprietary.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 1:41:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Found these two videos, took a while as they are not very searchable but here it goes, with and without suppressor:

https://www.instastalker.net/media/2101707644296434748_5912090343

https://www.instastalker.net/media/2101697294557595657_5912090343

Recoil is minimal as hell! I have got to get to the range. Do you hear me, weather?!?
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 7:13:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Found these two videos, took a while as they are not very searchable but here it goes, with and without suppressor:

Recoil is minimal as hell! I have got to get to the range. Do you hear me, weather?!?
View Quote
No steel case? Buncha brass buzzards...
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:18:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Now in stock at Rainier Arms for anyone looking for one.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
is it just me or does it look gassy as hell unsuppressed?
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
is it just me or does it look gassy as hell unsuppressed?
View Quote
Probably just the ammo choice...
Silver bear .45 will leave you choking
(2015 video...)
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Picked mine up today. Holy s**t it's well built. I have a lot of high end stuff - Wilson Combats, etc. and this is up there for sure. Any questions about it let me know. I'm hoping to shoot it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 9:30:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Picked mine up today. Holy s**t it's well built. I have a lot of high end stuff - Wilson Combats, etc. and this is up there for sure. Any questions about it let me know. I'm hoping to shoot it tomorrow.
View Quote
Cool, let us know! I share your sentiment regarding build quality. Does your charging handle require a good bit of force to retract the bolt? Mine is heavy to charge.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Cool, let us know! I share your sentiment regarding build quality. Does your charging handle require a good bit of force to retract the bolt? Mine is heavy to charge.
View Quote
Yes, mine is also quite heavy to charge. It doesn't help the charging handle is little. Maybe it'll loosen up.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top