Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:29:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Today was reassuring. I had 3-4 rounds fire before I had issues.  I’d shoot, have a failure, then shoot after clearing.  To reiterate, no issues without a Suppressor.  Only having issues with a Suppressor.  Added weight and friction with contact is leading to me issue.

My Suppressor make said I have a recoil booster integrated into my barrel. He said to get all contact off of the barrel, as LOS, has stated.

I studied the barrel, slide back in the enclosure and contact is in the upper outer quadrant of the barrel when looking from the shooter perspective.  12:00-10:00 from the muzzle end.

Trying to maintain the integrity of the Concussion device.

I don’t want to remove the bridge of the device, unless push comes to shove.

The barrel touches the upper outer quadrant so I used my dremel to move material from within.

Any more thoughts, LOS?

Last thoughts was trying my lighter springs, again, and cutting the roof of the device altogether.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted: ...  To reiterate, no issues without a Suppressor.  Only having issues with a Suppressor.

... cutting the roof of the device altogether.
View Quote
At this juncture I would recommend removing the entire roof, maintaining the integrity of the side attachment points. If that doesn’t work, assuming barrel/chassis contact has been ruled out, the large Can is the culprit.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 12:58:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:  I received a reply from Barsto, today. STRIKE TWO. Here’s what they had to say about ordering a 7” barrel..:

“First that is extremely long for the G19 and will not shoot well at all even if (not sure you could get a 7" through the slide) could get the barrel tipped through. We would do the 6" but would not do a 7".”
View Quote
Your only hope may be in ordering the super long Austrian bbl and having it chopped.  But I think it's only for the 17.  I had similar issues in '13 looking for an extended length Beretta 92 bbl, no joy.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Your only hope may be in ordering the super long Austrian bbl and having it chopped.  But I think it's only for the 17.  I had similar issues in '13 looking for an extended length Beretta 92 bbl, no joy.
View Quote
The Austrian barrel does come in 7.5” BTW, threaded.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#5]
They have em all the way out to 16”.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:08:16 PM EDT
[#6]
One other thing I did today, but have to test the effects tomorrow, is clean my Suppressor.  It has 2000 rounds so there has to be a factor. Any resistance in the system of the Roni, Glock and can are potential culprits.

I’m wondering if I should change my 18# springs to 15 lbs as I was actually having failure to extract, instead of failure to eject/stovepiping.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They have em all the way out to 16”.
View Quote
$369!!! FWIW, a G17L threaded barrel is 7.5"  6.5"

Edited - I had the wrong dimension in my head for some reason.    Corrected above.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Additionally, I did the following:

I used a Dremel to open the port of the Roni, and I also widened the Concussion device or aluminum muzzle of the enclosure.

I cleaned the suppressor using my ultrasonic cleaned, and I used lithium grease/Teflon.

I lubricated the Glock, and I used a 15# recoil spring.

https://instagram.com/p/BsbJxiGnzv_/

Thanks to LOS for feedback along the way.

I also scoured the forums about shooting Glocks suppressed, in general, and a lighter recoil spring was a part of that puzzle.  I have the factory 17 or 18 (not sure), 15 and 13 lb springs on hand.

Now I’m off to zero and test accuracy...

Thanks. It has been an evolution and a growing experience.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

... Thanks to LOS for feedback along the way.
View Quote
Pal, You’re the one We should be Thanking!

You’ve done all the work and kept us in the loop every step of the way. Your detailed photos and candid conclusions are going to be extremely helpful when anyone decides to move forward with the Installation of an extended barrel on their Roni.

Seriously, Thank You. - Jimmy
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You’ve done all the work and kept us in the loop every step of the way. Your detailed photos and candid conclusions are going to be extremely helpful when anyone decides to move forward with the Installation of an extended barrel on their Roni.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

... Thanks to LOS for feedback along the way.

LOS nailed it here. I've been hawking this thread daily for updates and may end up doing something similar down the road. Seeing someone else figure everything out first makes that more likely to happen so thank you both!
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:37:43 PM EDT
[#11]
The critical lessons are the following:

Suppressor weight increases resistance.

Resistance due to friction may be a contributing factor in a suppressor.

A longer barrel has a longer segment of contact with the Roni. Those areas of contact must be addressed.  I frequently had the clam shell half exposed while I pulled the slide back, looking in the front and from behind to see what was touching.  The upper right corner is where the barrel would settle in my system.  The concussion device and the plastic frame must be reduced as I showed.

Decreased recoil from subsonic ammo combined with reduced recoil from the suppressor necessitates  a lighter recoil spring. I had three to test.

Disassembly for a 7 or 10” barrel only requires removal of the brace and the securing latch on the under belly of the Roni.

A Glock 17 has more options for barrels (17L, or a 34?) and recoil springs (increments down to 11 lb), as opposed to a Glock 19.

If I had to do it again, I’d do a Glock 19.  A 17L barrel would work and there’s a wider range of recoil spring weights.

Without a range in my backyard it would have taken me several weeks longer to complete this.

Lastly, have fun doing it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:29:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Glock 17 bbls don't fit the 19 until Gen 5.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:02:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Glock 17 bbls don't fit the 19 until Gen 5.
View Quote
I didnt think 17bbls worked in any gen 19.?.?
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 5:04:09 PM EDT
[#14]
STRIKE THREE..!

I'm very disappointed that no reputable U.S based company makes a 7 Inch threaded barrel for a G19.3.  Apparently no one has the machinery with that capability. The longest threaded barrel they could make is 6.02, which is basically a OEM length for a Glock 17L.

The only company I found that makes an extended threaded G19.3 barrel is IGB from Austria, but only in 7.5". So that's my only option. Not too happy as the barrel would extend past the Roni chassis a little more than I'd like.

Here's a rendering of how the Roni would look with a 7.5" threaded barrel...:

Link Posted: 1/14/2019 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
STRIKE THREE..!

I'm very disappointed that no reputable U.S based company makes a 7 Inch threaded barrel for a G19.3.  Apparently no one has the machinery with that capability. The longest threaded barrel they could make is 6.02, which is basically a OEM length for a Glock 17L.

The only company I found that makes an extended threaded G19.3 barrel is IGB from Austria, but only in 7.5". So that's my only option. Not too happy as the barrel would extend past the Roni chassis a little more than I'd like.

Here's a rendering of how the Roni would look with a 7.5" threaded barrel...:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/RONI/RONI%20Burnt%20Bronze/Micro%20RONI%20with%207.5%20TB_zpsbwtzueep.jpg
View Quote
It looks great to me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks good to me too.

Would the baffle still need to be altered when using the 7.5"?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 8:01:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Any competent machinist can cut and re-thread a barrel. Why not just buy a longer one and have it cut down to size?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
... It looks great to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
... It looks great to me.
Quoted:
... Looks good to me too. Would the baffle still need to be altered when using the 7.5"?
Thanks, Guys.

Honestly, I would keep the CD installed to maintain structure integrity but would definitely chop off the muzzle (ala CDR_Glock) and cut (10 o'clock to 2 o'clock) the entire top off.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 8:15:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Any competent machinist can cut and re-thread a barrel. Why not just buy a longer one and have it cut down to size?
View Quote
Good advice but the cost of the extended barrel along with the added cost to cut and thread, would exceed $500. The price of a 7.5" threaded match barrel is under $270 after the discount.

I'm going with the 7.5" threaded barrel from IGB.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Can you find the Micro RONI in the Photo...???

Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:58:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I just placed an order for a 7.5" threaded barrel from YRSinc. They're offering a 21% discount on all inventory in honor of MLK day. Total cost was $260, free shipping. Discount is only good till tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I just placed an order for a 7.5" threaded barrel from YRSinc. They're offering a 21% discount on all inventory in honor of MLK day. Total cost was $260, free shipping. Discount is only good till tomorrow.
View Quote
Awesome.

Let Us  know how it works out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Awesome.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Awesome.

I will. I’m pretty excited about adding the extended barrel. Accuracy was phenomenal with the factory 4” barrel. I wonder if groupings will shrink with the 7.5” match barrel?? Meh, who the hell cares!?!.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:46:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I will. I’m pretty excited about adding the extended barrel. Accuracy was phenomenal with the factory 4” barrel. I wonder if groupings will shrink with the 7.5” match barrel?? Meh, who the hell cares!?!.
View Quote
I have been mainly reliability testing my mods.  Yesterday I had a friend come by the house after work (I’m on staycation) and we shot out in the backyard.

I tried Fiocchi 158 gr and Lawman 147 gr.

I fired 10 rounds as fast as I could.  No stoppages for me.  But when he shot, he was getting failure to eject.  His technique was like limp wristing equivalent.  So I went again, shot 10 rounds fast. No stoppages.  He went again, after I showed him some techniques and it went without a problem.

The 158 gr Fiocchi is quiet.  The 147 gr became loud. The additional 6” adds about 120 FPS I imagine pushing the bullet to supersonic.

I have to group this out to 25 yards for curiosity but my range is a sloping hill backing up to a mountain. Not ideal for benchrest testing.

Here’s my friend....

https://instagram.com/p/Bs8_vtlH-QY/

I don’t know why I was slapping the trigger that day, but this was the maiden 10 round successful voyage a week or so ago.

https://instagram.com/p/BsbJxiGnzv_/

I corrected his stance and hold after this tria.

If I didn’t have my own range this ordeal would have taken me a couple of months since I would only be able to shoot on weekends with the lack of daylight.

As for the 7.5” I think accuracy will be better than stock.

What ammo do you have?  After my tests, I’m going with 158 gr Fiocchi.  It’s quite a noise reduction from my Lawman 147 grain.

I have not tested my 33 round magazine, yet, after day one of failure. I have not tried my aluminum 147 grain after day one of failure...
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#25]
There is a discount code that I used, 20% Off for YRS, INC

“Igbbarrels20”
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 12:06:10 AM EDT
[#26]
In preparation for the anticipated delivery of the extended barrel next week, I spent about 30 minutes of quality time tonight with the dremel.

First I marked the part of the CD that was going to be chopped off. I marked it so that the CD would remain a few millimeters inside the Roni chassis at the muzzle.

Then I cut the top off the entire length of the CD from about 9:30 to 2:30 o'clock position. This mod will allow re-installation of the CD to maintain the structural integrity of the chassis while also allowing the extended barrel to freely tilt at recoil without coming into contact with the CD. There will be no obstruction at all between the extended barrel and the CD. I'm pretty sure I'll have to trim a little material off the inside top portion of the chassis but I'll wait for the barrel to deliver before I move forward to that stage..

After the convertible chop-job, I trimmed and smoothed the edges creating a bevel finish on the walls of the CD.

As the final touch, I plan to paint the CD in (hi-temp automotive paint) flat black.

More on this Mod after I receive the Barrel....
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
In preparation for the anticipated delivery of the extended barrel next week, I spent about 30 minutes of quality time tonight with the dremel.

First I marked the part of the CD that was going to be chopped off. I marked it so that the CD would remain a few millimeters inside the Roni chassis at the muzzle.

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/RONI/RONI%20Burnt%20Bronze/AE2543F6-3037-4F3B-94DF-BC6394703339_zpsvvzwkzhn.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/RONI/RONI%20Burnt%20Bronze/F354A84C-6214-4156-AA09-AB290ED64030_zpss0ub8cp2.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/RONI/RONI%20Burnt%20Bronze/03A5FBA0-55F1-463B-AF15-FA96108BCCA1_zpsumd9itb2.jpg

Then I cut the top off the entire length of the CD from about 9:30 to 2:30 o'clock position. This mod will allow re-installation of the CD to maintain the structural integrity of the chassis while also allowing the extended barrel to freely tilt at recoil without coming into contact with the CD. There will be no obstruction at all between the extended barrel and the CD. I'm pretty sure I'll have to trim a little material off the inside top portion of the chassis but I'll wait for the barrel to deliver before I move forward to that stage..

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/RONI/RONI%20Burnt%20Bronze/C4D8BC0D-6DB1-43F6-9989-267D32B81754_zpsio6pjchz.jpg

After the convertible chop-job, I trimmed and smoothed the edges creating a bevel finish on the walls of the CD.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/RONI/RONI%20Burnt%20Bronze/C64B7758-063F-4D6D-ABFB-6191AD295D3F_zpsxenlbu94.jpg

As the final touch, I plan to paint the CD in (hi-temp automotive paint) flat black.

More on this Mod after I receive the Barrel....
View Quote
Beautiful work.  I guess I could have just cut off the top half.  LMAO!!!

I hope you have a tracking on the barrel, I was just informed my order is on back order.

They sold the Kidon to me, and then said it was on backorder (YRS, INC ).

If I don’t get resolution on this, I’m going to ask for a refund.

They supposedly had it in stock, created a shipping label, and after inquiring, they said it was sold out.

WTF????!!!!.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 11:35:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Well that really sucks. I hope you have a good resolve.

I made contact with YRS before I ordered the barrel. They confirmed availability and answered my questions regarding Gen 3 compatibility and thread TPI. The Order was placed 21Jan (funds pulled from account) but I haven't received tracking info ,yet. The barrel is apparently shipping from Vegas.

Of course, YRS did the same thing when I purchased the micro Roni.  I never received tracking info or notifications that the item had shipped. It just showed up at my front door 12 days after the date of purchase. The item shipped from Israel.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#29]
It now has a fresh coat of paint..

Placed in the chassis just for photos...

Link Posted: 1/26/2019 2:31:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Ha..! Thank you for that. Do you PCC, bro..?
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Well that really sucks. I hope you have a good resolve.

I made contact with YRS before I ordered the barrel. They confirmed availability and answered my questions regarding Gen 3 compatibility and thread TPI. The Order was placed 21Jan (funds pulled from account) but I haven't received tracking info ,yet. The barrel is apparently shipping from Vegas.

Of course, YRS did the same thing when I purchased the micro Roni.  I never received tracking info or notifications that the item had shipped. It just showed up at my front door 12 days after the date of purchase. The item shipped from Israel.
View Quote
They said they can’t add anything to the order.

I said if you can’t do anything to rectify it, then cancel both orders.

Businesses should not sell something that they don’t have in stock. That is a load of crap.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 3:58:49 PM EDT
[#33]
I totally agree. Definitely sub-standard business practice.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 2:43:47 PM EDT
[#34]
I have to admit, it did take me a minute, that ridge line looks amazing. I'd love to hike it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 3:03:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I have to admit, it did take me a minute, that ridge line looks amazing. I'd love to hike it.
View Quote
Touché..!
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Touché..!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Touché..!
My comment was serious and has no double meaning.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 10:46:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

My comment was serious and has no double meaning.
View Quote
As was my reply.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Might be a dumb question but this thread has grabbed my attention and I love watching the problem solving.
But what is the draw to use a Micro Ronin over just building an AR pistol?

Keep up the great work guys!  Looking forward to seeing the end results.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Might be a dumb question but this thread has grabbed my attention and I love watching the problem solving.

View Quote
--More compact.
--Lighter. Mine weighs 4.2lbs with a G19, Red Dot, Buis, and a PL-mini light.
--No first hand experience, but have heard it is softer shooting than a Ar-9.
--Ability to remove the pistol if needing more concealment.
--Cheaper if you already own a Glock.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
--More compact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

--More compact.
Pretty much nailed it.

Plus it’s totally modular as far as barrel swaps.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Plus it’s totally modular as far as barrel swaps.
View Quote
Yep!

Not sure how I failed to mention this.
One of the biggest draws from this set up for me is the ability to pick up a trade in G22, a 357sig and 9mm barrel for ~550 and have three great options for less than 800 total.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Barrel shipping update:

I just received the tracking number.  As I suspected, it shipped out of Vegas and eta is Monday.  Gotta say, I'm pretty stoked.

btw, the barrel shipped without a thread protector (pretty sucky if you ask me) so I'll have to find one in town.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wrestled with the same question before I got mine. after wards...

- Accurate
- Lightweight
- Compact
- Has Glock reliability
- Uses Glock mags

If I would not have gotten this, I would have gotten the Extar EP-9. None of the AR PCC's tripped me, too big with a big ass solid chuck of Bolt reciprocating back and forth... and too expensive...The Extar appeared to have a buffer system that mitigated that some what.

for me a PCC is my fun gun... so I do did not want to spent a lot on it. And I had a G17, So it was an easier choice for me, vs. someone who would have to buy the chassis and a pistol.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 8:36:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

- Accurate
- Lightweight
- Compact
- Has Glock reliability
- Uses Glock mags

If I would not have gotten this, I would have gotten the Extar EP-9. None of the AR PCC's tripped me, too big with a big ass solid chuck of Bolt reciprocating back and forth... and too expensive...The Extar appeared to have a buffer system that mitigated that some what.

for me a PCC is my fun gun... so I do did not want to spent a lot on it. And I had a G17, So it was an easier choice for me, vs. someone who would have to buy the chassis and a pistol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Accurate
- Lightweight
- Compact
- Has Glock reliability
- Uses Glock mags

Good stuff, Harv24.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:51:47 PM EDT
[#45]
What do you guys think about the new design?

It has me intrigued.

Still waiting on the IMI Kidon Pistol Conversion
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What do you guys think about the new design?

It has me intrigued.
View Quote
The one with the adaptive AFG and Mag holder? I like that one.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm in the other camp, I like the older Gen three with the mod to remove the slide lever button.

I don't care for the extended AFG or the extra magazine holder. Sort of like a Redi-Mag for the Micro Roni.... and I never cared for those.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:44:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm in the other camp, I like the older Gen three with the mod to remove the slide lever button.

I don't care for the extended AFG or the extra magazine holder. Sort of like a Redi-Mag for the Micro Roni.... and I never cared for those.
View Quote
Just to be clear, I like the latest design, Not the MCK.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Just to be clear, I like the latest design, Not the MCK.
View Quote
The MCK doesn't look as good as the Gen 4 that YRS is offering for pre-order.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The MCK doesn't look as good as the Gen 4 that YRS is offering for pre-order.
View Quote
Getting a little difficult keeping up with design changes...
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top