Site Notices
Page / 74
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:57:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JustHK:

Stock?
View Quote

Still has the factory lower, upper, and all origonal internals are infact stock. Throughout its life with mp 5 mags its ran my 3 stage damper, and for the last 7k a B&T hydro buffer. My other Stibog had 15k using UZI mags & Colt AR mags
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:57:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Stock?
View Quote

Still has the factory lower, upper, and all origonal internals are infact stock. Throughout its life with mp 5 mags its ran my 3 stage damper, and for the last 7k a B&T hydro buffer. My other Stibog had 15k using UZI mags & Colt AR mags

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 12:06:19 PM EDT
[#3]
KDG_Dave - you have a working B&T hydro buffer?!?!

I posted a pic of mine a few months ago but haven’t yet had time to test it out.  But the adaptation was very simple.  My only concern is that there’s not enough rearward travel to strip a round and activate LRBHO.

Did you use the B&T endcap and adapt it to the Stribog, or use the Stribog endcap and bore it to accept the buffer?

And did it make much of a difference?  My A3 is nice to shoot as it is, hoping the buffer will make it even better.

Other details on the buffer?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 11:42:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By azscooby:
KDG_Dave - you have a working B&T hydro buffer?!?!

I posted a pic of mine a few months ago but haven’t yet had time to test it out.  But the adaptation was very simple.  My only concern is that there’s not enough rearward travel to strip a round and activate LRBHO.

Did you use the B&T endcap and adapt it to the Stribog, or use the Stribog endcap and bore it to accept the buffer?

And did it make much of a difference?  My A3 is nice to shoot as it is, hoping the buffer will make it even better.

Other details on the buffer?

Thanks.
View Quote

Yes its fully functional. Its the B&T End cap that I machined to fit the receiver. With the B&T buffer its exactly a 1/2" Short stroke when in  the Stribog. Very noticable differnce but not much more noticable then my 3 stage damper.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By KDG_Dave:

Yes its fully functional. Its the B&T End cap that I machined to fit the receiver. With the B&T buffer its exactly a 1/2" Short stroke when in  the Stribog. Very noticable differnce but not much more noticable then my 3 stage damper.
View Quote

Nice!  Can’t wait to give mine a go.  I did exactly as you did, it required surprisingly little modification.  It’s clear they copied quite a bit of the B&T.

Now, I’d love to shoot the modified A3 (with hydraulic damper) next to an APC9.  I know quality wise the B&T are exceptional, but if the A3 is reliable with the buffer the A3 could be a serious value.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone running a tri lug on factory stribog barrel?
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mikego_34:
View Quote
I use the HB Industries flash hider trilug on the factory Stribog barrel to mount my Dead Air Wolfman.  Works well.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 11:57:35 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Using a Hansohn tri-lug on mine for my ghost and it seems to work well.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:28:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Firefly1032:

Using a Hansohn tri-lug on mine for my ghost and it seems to work well.
View Quote

Did you use any kind of spacer to take up the longer threads on stribog barrel?
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#10]

https://i.imgur.com/u1EFqHG.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Stock?

https://i.imgur.com/u1EFqHG.jpg

So, it’s not stock?
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
My barrel has standard length threads.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#12]

So, it’s not stock?
View Quote

I mean its a stock upper and a stock lower with a stock trigger & a stock bolt assembly so you should be able to figure it out from there....
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By hooooon:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hooooon:

Same, no issue with the Hansohn tri-lug and no spacers needed.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

I ran into an issue one time with a 3 lug adapter not being threaded deep enough for what I was putting it on. I believe I ordered one from hkparts.net that was threaded damn near the whole length
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 1:40:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eviljoe] [#15]
Yikes.
I just found a new SP9A1 gen2 bog for $600 and grabbed it and an HBI brace (the one that looks like a Scorpion brace). Comes with one curved mag and I assume two straight mags (I'm hoping they're the metal-feed lip versions, but I'm still surprised no one came out with an improved follower and/or spring for these).

I kinda wish I'd read this thread first, though it seems most of the hate is directed at the A3...still...I thought GO had really good CS based on MAC and someone else mentioning how much they liked them (though those videos are like 9 months old).

I have the HBI buffer, and HBI locking charging block.
Any other recommended upgrades to help guarantee reliability?

I figure IF it runs well, I'll get the extended bolt release and other nice amenities--probably even look at the fancier braces or SBRing it.
If it doesn't run well, I'll look at an A3 lower and run magpul scorpion mags through it. Or sell it and move on.
--
I just didn't want to spend $1K on a Scorpion or some other blowback gun, and didn't have the $1500 for a Banshee (though I'm still looking very hard at the 5.7 Banshee...just because my range goes to 200Y, and 9mm is probably dropping too fast after 150Y).
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 6:11:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By eviljoe:
Yikes.
I just found a new SP9A1 gen2 bog for $600 and grabbed it and an HBI brace (the one that looks like a Scorpion brace). Comes with one curved mag and I assume two straight mags (I'm hoping they're the metal-feed lip versions, but I'm still surprised no one came out with an improved follower and/or spring for these).

I kinda wish I'd read this thread first, though it seems most of the hate is directed at the A3...still...I thought GO had really good CS based on MAC and someone else mentioning how much they liked them (though those videos are like 9 months old).

I have the HBI buffer, and HBI locking charging block.
Any other recommended upgrades to help guarantee reliability?

I figure IF it runs well, I'll get the extended bolt release and other nice amenities--probably even look at the fancier braces or SBRing it.
If it doesn't run well, I'll look at an A3 lower and run magpul scorpion mags through it. Or sell it and move on.
--
I just didn't want to spend $1K on a Scorpion or some other blowback gun, and didn't have the $1500 for a Banshee (though I'm still looking very hard at the 5.7 Banshee...just because my range goes to 200Y, and 9mm is probably dropping too fast after 150Y).
View Quote

Great Deal!  You'll be happy with it...
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I finally got to shoot my Sp9a1 gen 2 today. I had already installed some HBI parts (short stroke buffer, locking charging block, folding charging handle, and extended bolt release. I have a PA advanced micro dot on it right now, but will probably switch it to a MRO.

I ordered a bunch of curved mags, but only took 4 to the range with me just to see if any of them would have any issues.

I shot the first mag unsupressed and the rest of the 150ish round with my obsidian 45. Happy to reply that I had zero issues ( I know 150 rounds is far from a reliability test, but I had some other guns I needed to zero). Really enjoyed the gun! No regrets on going with the Stribog so far!
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 3:39:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey, I saw you posted in a bog fb group too.

So why switch from the PA to an MRO?  
I mean, I agree the MRO might be a bit more bulletproof, but I think PAs (if it's the dot I'm thinking of that looks like a Holosun), is probably super sturdy. I didn't like the early MRO and the next gen, but I don't know if I've looked through the latest ones. I was a huge T2 fan until I saw what the holosuns could take (though their build and QC are definitely not on par with aimpoint).

I've got a SIG/holosun dot on my bog, but may go to the PA SLX-1X just because I like the idea of them and I hear the eyebox is huge. I like that I can blast away with 1000 lumens and the reticle will be there in black, whereas my red dots are kinda hard to see when I use a WML unless I turn them up.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 7:37:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey, I saw you posted in a bog fb group too.

So why switch from the PA to an MRO?  
I mean, I agree the MRO might be a bit more bulletproof, but I think PAs (if it's the dot I'm thinking of that looks like a Holosun), is probably super sturdy. I didn't like the early MRO and the next gen, but I don't know if I've looked through the latest ones. I was a huge T2 fan until I saw what the holosuns could take (though their build and QC are definitely not on par with aimpoint).

I've got a SIG/holosun dot on my bog, but may go to the PA SLX-1X just because I like the idea of them and I hear the eyebox is huge. I like that I can blast away with 1000 lumens and the reticle will be there in black, whereas my red dots are kinda hard to see when I use a WML unless I turn them up.
View Quote

Yeah, I don’t usually cross post but after seeing so much bad press about the bog I figured it might help someone.

So I couldn’t resist the EuroOptic viper PST gen 1 deal and I put that on a DDv7 which previously had a MRO on it. So the mro is just sitting in the safe. Might as well try it- just gotta get a low mount. I really like the PA advanced micro dot, and it fits well on the gun. If I didn’t have those two options I would be putting one of the new PA 1x prisms on it. I have a glx 2x prism on a mk18 sbr and it’s awesome!
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, for me the bog has been hard to get a good height dot.
My 1/3rd was too high, but my "low mount" (typical holosun low mount) is too low.
I feel like I need to get it about 1/2" up.
Maybe a QD mount with a lever would raise it up a good amount.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, for me the bog has been hard to get a good height dot.
My 1/3rd was too high, but my "low mount" (typical holosun low mount) is too low.
I feel like I need to get it about 1/2" up.
Maybe a QD mount with a lever would raise it up a good amount.
View Quote

Try the ADM QD Low Mount
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Firefly1032:
Just had mine seize up entirely on me last week at the range. Worst stoppage I’ve ever experienced. Bolt seized completely and wouldn’t go into battery but also wouldn’t let me charge it either, had to mortar it repeatedly to get it cleared.

Round count is ~3-400, mostly 124gr Norma with some 115gr mixed in. About half was suppressed and it was suppressed when failure happened. I hadn’t cleaned it since initial strip down so I cleaned to see if that was the issue. Unfortunately, I didn’t see this thread until after, just got an HBI buffer in but inspecting the receiver rails I think I can see the beginnings of dents in the rail, but running a plastic dental pick over then I didn’t feel anything noticeable. Cleaning seemed to help a little but it is still noticeably harder to charge, won’t go into battery without pulling CH back completely and releasing, and I noticed the locking pin doesn’t seem to completely “rise” into the locking block then in battery.

I’ll try to get pics today or tomorrow but seeing the rail dents is challenging enough, let alone getting pics. I was/am ready to pull the trigger on getting a 40* block ( thanks to this thread) but hate to invest any more in the platform if this is going to be a lemon long term.

Edit: Meant to include this is a 9000+ serial one, I want to say in the 9300 range.
View Quote

This exact thing just happened to me as well. There was a live round stuck in the chamber and I couldn't get the bolt to move at all. Shit the bed hard. I sent it back to Global Ordinance and it seems to be good to go now. I need to get a few hundred rounds through it though before I start trusting it again.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:44:59 PM EDT
[#23]

I mean its a stock upper and a stock lower with a stock trigger & a stock bolt assembly so you should be able to figure it out from there....
View All Quotes

So, it’s not stock?

I figured out it's not stock.
I shouldn't have to spend money on parts to get this piece of shit to run right.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:24:57 AM EDT
[#24]
so with all these new models out what would be a good one to grab for someone who doesnt have a stribog and wants a dependable one. are the new micros gtg?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:18:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#25]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
so with all these new models out what would be a good one to grab for someone who doesnt have a stribog and wants a dependable one. are the new micros gtg?
View Quote

Personally Im jist going to get that new 9mm Draco that takes Scorpion Mags

I heard the glock mag ones were good, but damn were they fugly...its a crap shoot though.

For warranty: Global Ordinance or Century Arms

The Stribog is pretty sexy, dont get me wrong. Im just not up for having to put all these upgrades into a gun for it to be usable.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:16:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eviljoe] [#26]
My SP9A1gen2 has been really good in the short time I've had it.

Just grabbed a SP9A3S for 850 because I want something lighter, and like that it suppresses well.
850+400 for the A3 lower, + 100 for 6 mags = 1350 + 200-300 for a stock puts me right at MPX copperhead prices. So I may have just gone for one of them.

I'm going to SBR it, so I need to find a stock with a long LOP (gotta be 11-12" even though I have short, stubby arms--my "cz scorpion style" brace is just way too short).
I'm thinking HAGA or Yukov but that might look weird with an S-model gun.

How comfortable are the collapsible stocks with 2 bars like Safety Harbor?
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 6:04:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimr2] [#27]
I've had my A3 for several months and at first wasn't a fan. But I changed my mind after getting the HB Industries short stroke buffer, A3 Tactical lower, and 40 degree locking piece. The 40 degree locking piece did make a notice difference in recoil impulse. Even the 150gr Syntech runs fine with the 40 degree locking piece. It's recoil impulse is pretty close to my Century Arms AP5 and sounds almost as quiet suppressed too.

I did have one issue with the A3 Tactical lower, the bolt stop lever would engage even with rounds in the mag. But filing down the bolt stop remedied the issue. I did occasionally have feeding issues with the PSA mags but it hasn't been a issue lately. Also I run mine pretty well lubed and haven't noticed any dimples or cracks in the receiver.

Here's a short video of my A3 and APC9.
Dead Air Wolfman B&T APC9 Pro and Stribog SP9A3 (Footage shot by PhoenixPhart)

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#28]
My SP9A1gen2 has been really good in the short time I've had it.

Just grabbed a SP9A3S for 850 because I want something lighter, and like that it suppresses well.
850+400 for the A3 lower, + 100 for 6 mags = 1350 + 200-300 for a stock puts me right at MPX copperhead prices. So I may have just gone for one of them.

I'm going to SBR it, so I need to find a stock with a long LOP (gotta be 11-12" even though I have short, stubby arms--my "cz scorpion style" brace is just way too short).
I'm thinking HAGA or Yukov but that might look weird with an S-model gun.

How comfortable are the collapsible stocks with 2 bars like Safety Harbor?
View Quote

Honestly I liked my GO Version except for a few things. Like I had to bend the arms outward a bit otherwise they would hit the bolt hold open plate.

They are good enough for a sub gun imo. As far as cheek weld it depends on your optics.

GO is the perfect height for factory irons/low rds mounts.

Safety Harbor is good for AR height optics/sights.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Even the 150gr Syntech runs fine with the 40 degree locking piece.
View Quote

I thought the 40* was for HOTTER stuff. Weird that the weak ammo runs well. I am going to look into the 40degree if the 45degree proves reliable.
--
QUESTION:
What safety lever are you using on your A3 lower?
I noticed you were able to engage your safety with your thumb during firing. I always use 45 degree throws to make it easier, but my A3 Tactical just arrived with the AIM Surplus safety, and it's too difficult to engage (like it's hard to get it past the detent AND the angle of the metal just digs into the side of your thumb and kills it).
------

RE:  braces-->
Yeah, the GO looks like it's a better height, but it seems MUCH harder to SBR in that I can't find the buttpads anywhere. Safety Habor sells the brace and buttpad version so it'd be easier following an SBR form...also I can't tell which appears to be more like the MP5K collapsible stock height (but the HK bars are definitely also more tall and skinny versus just round).

I'm now wondering if an A3 folder or B&T folder might not be better for me.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 3:48:37 PM EDT
[#30]
I was surprised it ran the weaker stuff too. The safety is the Radian Talon ambi, it's my preferred AR safety.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 4:23:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#31]

I thought the 40* was for HOTTER stuff. Weird that the weak ammo runs well. I am going to look into the 40degree if the 45degree proves reliable.
--
QUESTION:
I noticed you were able to engage your safety with your thumb during firing. I always use 45 degree throws to make it easier, but my A3 Tactical just arrived with the AIM Surplus safety, and it's too difficult to engage (like it's hard to get it past the detent AND the angle of the metal just digs into the side of your thumb and kills it).
------

Yeah, the GO looks like it's a better height, but it seems MUCH harder to SBR in that I can't find the buttpads anywhere. Safety Habor sells the brace and buttpad version so it'd be easier following an SBR form...also I can't tell which appears to be more like the MP5K collapsible stock height (but the HK bars are definitely also more tall and skinny versus just round).

View All Quotes
Even the 150gr Syntech runs fine with the 40 degree locking piece.

--
QUESTION:
------

@Eviljoe

https://stormwerkz.com/accessories/buttplate-gearheadworks-replacement/

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:54:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: X-Frog] [#32]
Positive post for the new factory Glock version.

My A3G is running 700fps 115s like a champ stock with Octane HD9.  I reload the plastic coated 115s as they are super cheap and make fantastic steel rounds with no recoil.
It also runs the 150 syntech no issue.  600+ rounds so far.  Very pleased with it for 855$ out the door.

I have 2 other bogs  A1g2 I have only run one of them.  It will  short stroke and not pick up a round when using the 700fps stuff.  I went to 124 at 850 and it does great.  It is short stroked with a custom spacer.  
Anyone considering a scorpion they finally addressed some of the problems with the original.  The new one has a better grip and trigger.  I still have more dot bounce with the new version when shooting plate racks with the scorpion than any of my other 7 9mm sbrs.  You can tune an AR9 to run better and flatter than a scorpion for 300$ cheaper.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#33]
KDG -  I took my APC9 buffered SP9A3 out today with the A3 tactical lower.  I ran six mags through it in its stock config with ACR stock and HBI spacer.  It ran 100%.

I then switched to the APC9 buffer and B&T stock and while it was 100% on every round with no failures it wouldn’t hold open on last round (it did once.)

Im not sure if it’s not going back far enough (that’s my guess) or what.

Did you have to move the buffer back or shorten it?  It did lock open on one magazine, so I know it’s possible.

But in all honesty, I didn’t notice the recoil being much softer with the hydraulic buffer…maybe a little, but not much.

What is your feeling on the difference in recoil?

I appreciate any input, thanks.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 3:49:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KDG_Dave] [#34]
Originally Posted By azscooby:
KDG -  I took my APC9 buffered SP9A3 out today with the A3 tactical lower.  I ran six mags through it in its stock config with ACR stock and HBI spacer.  It ran 100%.

I then switched to the APC9 buffer and B&T stock and while it was 100% on every round with no failures it wouldn’t hold open on last round (it did once.)

Im not sure if it’s not going back far enough (that’s my guess) or what.

Did you have to move the buffer back or shorten it?  It did lock open on one magazine, so I know it’s possible.

But in all honesty, I didn’t notice the recoil being much softer with the hydraulic buffer…maybe a little, but not much.

What is your feeling on the difference in recoil?

I appreciate any input, thanks.
View Quote

You can NOT run the factory buffer let alone the HB. You have to run a custom coil carrier block for it to work properly. I re tuned mine for the weight of the bolt as well.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Aim has GO curved 30rd mags on sale for $16.96... I ordered another 10 for my stash

https://aimsurplus.com/products/global-ordinance-stribog-9mm-30rd-magazine-curved
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#36]
good deal!
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:07:21 AM EDT
[#37]
You can NOT run the factory buffer let alone the HB. You have to run a custom coil carrier block for it to work properly. I re tuned mine for the weight of the bolt as well.  
View Quote

Dave - thanks for the response.  Sorry if that wasn’t clear.  I didn’t use both the HBI (or stock) buffer with the B&T buffer, I don’t think they’d all fit even if I tried.  

I used the factory recoil spring and rod (minus buffer) but made a piece that centers the recoil spring assembly into the B&T buffer endcap assembly and centers it within the charging block channel.  I used delrin to essential make a round piece that replaces the HBI (or OEM) buffer that also centers it in both the channel and the endcap, if that makes sense.

I’ll try to remember to post some pics later.  But it sounds similar to what you did.  I don’t have a real B&T to see how they have their’s set up so I was just winging it.

I’m really close to have this working 100%, it did activate LRBHO once with 124gn, but didn’t with the 115.  So it sounds like I probably need to tune the spring itself to allow the bolt to move backwards on the lighter loads.  Im using the “US” marked locker, but I have the 40 as well.

I understand if you don’t want to share pics of your setup, but I’d love to see if if you’re ok with that.  No worries otherwise.  Maybe you’re working on a cool product (hope so!)

It also looks like the other endcaps (Dan Haga, HBI, and F5) that I have could be easily bored to accept the buffer just as easily.

Thanks again
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:06:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I was looking in to buying a mini-bog and thought, " I think I will search arfcom about Stribogs before I do..."  

Glad I did.  With all the issues I think I will pass.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#39]
criley-with the AP5 at $1200 I think anyone who considers a scorpion or Stribog without at least a long hard look at the AP5 would be doing themselves a disservice for sure.  But the Stribog isn’t a bad gun, imho, and I’ve yet to see any complete failures where the gun is a brick.  While it may not last 50,000 rounds, I doubt many will ever get anywhere close to thst.  Those that will, don’t need to read the forums.

But without the AP5 I’d still take my Stribog (SP9A3) over the Scorpion or any other PCC platform of equal cost.  To be fair I’ve never had a CMMG RDB but since Glock mags are my only option there I’d never consider it.

Please, make Glock mag “carbines” go away.  Sure as a 2nd option, great, but for the love of god, give us a proper PCC designed with double feed curved mags that isn’t direct blowback.

But this is just my opinion, I’m not right or wrong about anything,.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:59:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: REARSPROCKET] [#40]
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#41]
You didn't read enough.

Originally Posted By criley:
I was looking in to buying a mini-bog and thought, " I think I will search arfcom about Stribogs before I do..."  

Glad I did.  With all the issues I think I will pass.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 4:43:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: asiparks] [#42]
Can't believe some people would rather sell their Stribog unfired rather than just spend $20 on ammo and try it out. It's not going to murder you.
Mine's sample size of 1- I believe other people have had shitty experiences, but not convinced that's the norm....
Mine was one of the sub #3000 serials that need the locking block replaced- prior to sending the original one in, I had about 800-1K mixed rounds through it, mostly suppressed-  zero issues other than the mag noted below.

Got one of the US blocks back and popped it in. Just shy of another 3K rounds through it ( again, a mix of whatever I could find, brands and weights, PPU, Wolf, Fiochi mostly, maybe 300 Remington) about 90% through my 45 Osprey.

So, somewhere between 3500 and 4000 rounds and 3 FTFs in that time all from the same shitty mag that I couldn't load past 22. That got hurled into a field somewhere, but the other 2 straight, metal ended mags have been fine and the gun has performed brilliantly. Only mods are the HBI trigger spring and Ambi charging handle.

This is the third cleaning it's had, wanted to check the inside of the receiver after reading the posts here.

wasn't as grimey as I'd expected inside.

Standard OEM buffer looks fine

Mine has a solid locking pin with nicely chamfered edges- slightly narrower than the carrier and block-

no visible wear inside the rails ( crappy pic, sorry )

I guess the question is, for people thinking of buying a Bog, do they come with the nice, solid pin standard and was the hollow pin limited to a few pistols ? Though that said, has anyone's hollow pin actually yet cracked ?

I have Scorpion. I like it, I like the Bog quite a bit more though- trigger, egos, recoil, general feel of quality.
I've seen the A3 as low as $899 at AIM ( including brace) so I wouldn't hesitate at that price and I wouldn't do a thing to it until I'd tried to put at least 300 rounds through it to see what might need changing. To make my Scorpion even half comfortable, I needed a new pistol grip, trigger springs, safety levers. The Sapper Handguard was well worth the $40 too.

I have an AP5 core on the way- at $1099 ( without brace- I'm adding an SB PDW ), it'd be rude not to try one, plus LARP, but add in the cost of the brace, extra mags ( comes with just 1) and and optics mount and it gets spendy quickly.

Subsonics- I got 2 cases of these:

they've been flawless.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By asiparks:
Can't believe some people would rather sell their Stribog unfired rather than just spend $20 on ammo and try it out. It's not going to murder you.
Mine's sample size of 1- I believe other people have had shitty experiences, but not convinced that's the norm....
Mine was one of the sub #3000 serials that need the locking block replaced- prior to sending the original one in, I had about 800-1K mixed rounds through it, mostly suppressed-  zero issues other than the mag noted below.

Got one of the US blocks back and popped it in. Just shy of another 3K rounds through it ( again, a mix of whatever I could find, brands and weights, PPU, Wolf, Fiochi mostly, maybe 300 Remington) about 90% through my 45 Osprey.

Mine has a solid locking pin with nicely chamfered edges- slightly narrower than the carrier and block-

View Quote

I agree completely.  People can be such lemmings.

That said, I have a <3000 serial A3 that has been trouble-free.  I never sent it in.  90% of my Bog usage is suppressed with heavy handloaded subs.  Do you really think the locking block *needs* to be replaced?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:20:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hooooon] [#44]
I’m well over 2k rounds on my SP9A3 (closing in on 3k), the vast majority of which have been suppressed.  Even found some defensive loads it likes. No damage observed to my Stribog so far.  I have modded mine a fair bit, but I don’t know if it was necessary or not. I just recently installed KDG’s buffer system to see if I like it better than the short stroke buffer from HB Industries.  It smoothes things out and feels nice, but I’m not sure it’s as big an improvement as installing the 40 degree locking block was.  Kind of reminds me of the hydraulic buffer in my amphibian RDB build.  I only use the curved mags at this point, as the straight mags have started to give me FTF issues.  Good thing the curved mags are cheap.

I wish everyone had as good an experience with theirs as I have mine.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:06:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blast] [#45]
I have the A3 8" and 5" BOGS, both have been wonderful...Best PPC out there as far as I'm concerned. I really don't see spending more money on other PPC's gets you much better than these. Unless you just want to be GUCCI.

P.S I would like to see a .45 acp Bog for the US market though.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Blast:
I would like to see a .45 acp Bog for the US market though.
View Quote

Yes please! They apparently made them before, I asked Jaro on Facebook. It would take enough interest to have global ordnance to import them
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 8:56:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By emccracken:

I agree completely.  People can be such lemmings.

That said, I have a <3000 serial A3 that has been trouble-free.  I never sent it in.  90% of my Bog usage is suppressed with heavy handloaded subs.  Do you really think the locking block *needs* to be replaced?
View Quote

Don't replace it! My trouble free gun ended up needing to be completely replaced after sending in my bolt/locker.  Still not confident in the replacement but time will tell if the added buffer will prevent it from locking up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 3:06:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Bad-Karma:

Don't replace it! My trouble free gun ended up needing to be completely replaced after sending in my bolt/locker.  Still not confident in the replacement but time will tell if the added buffer will prevent it from locking up.
View Quote

Thanks, bro.  Too bad you can't get your original parts back...
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 5:34:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Deadsquiggles] [#49]
Just picked up this SP9A1 in a trade this weekend. Definitely excited to get it to the range and I'm already thinking of buying my first suppressor because of this gun.
" />
" />
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 10:41:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 0ntos] [#50]
Originally Posted By Deadsquiggles:
Just picked up this SP9A1 in a trade this weekend
View Quote

Nice find, pretty certain you'll like it as A1's have a rep for being dead nuts reliable.

Gunsmithing Troubleshooting. Opinions/diagnosis Welcome
Now onto my issue, I emailed this to GO as they already sent me a new 2 piece guide rod (installed) but it can't hurt to perhaps get some feedback from you all:
When my A3 is clean and lubed, it runs great, chambers a round from a full mag. But after firing as few as 100 rounds (all suppressed if that's relevant), the bolt becomes so sluggish, it can't overcome the friction from the magazine to feed from a full or near full magazine. The guide rod and guide tube are new, the spring is new, and I tried it with both my HBI aftermarket buffer and the factory buffer, no difference. The "binding" occurs at the very rear of the stroke, when the spring assembly is in full compression. I have also removed the recoil assembly, and the bolt will slide freely and smoothly in the upper for its entire course of travel, no obvious dents or peening in the rails. The spring operates correctly when I compress the assembly by hand.When cycled by hand, it can be felt "dragging" for the first half inch or so which robs the bolt of it's momentum to strip a fresh round from the mag. Interestingly, when I apply just a Q tip's worth of oil or so to the interior aluminum rails and bolt surfaces, it essentially fixes the issue (temporarily, until it gets slightly dirty again). It seems it will run fine if I download my mags severely so as not to induce too much drag from the magazine.
This can't be normal, as I know it was designed to go many more rounds than 100 or so before requiring maintenance. I have not heard of this issue with any other Stribogs.
Thoughts?? Thank you...
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top