Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 74
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#1]
They still tend to have feeding issues do to the the stock mags. Until they make better mags for it will always have that issue. I have only had issues running hollow points in the stock mags. I haven't had any problems at all with my Colt or Uzzi mags other then the Colt mags did not like 8 round of Independence 115g but it was bad ammo anyway. I have been testing some different mags I modified to work as well and have not had any issues. This one is my latest. Its a modified Mp5 mag. So far I put  200 rounds through it on Friday, and 500 rounds through it Yesterday with no failures.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2021 12:14:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Do we have an ARF contact for GO? My retaining rod extension portion flew out through the retaining part where it's tapered. It no longer will fit in to it
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:55:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ahrion:
Do we have an ARF contact for GO? My retaining rod extension portion flew out through the retaining part where it's tapered. It no longer will fit in to it
View Quote

Same thing happened to mine. If it will come out it will go back in...but it will come out again. You put it in through the back side, then you will need to either use a brake line flare or tap it all the way around with a hammer. They didn't heat treat them so the metal is soft. I heated mine so that it wont happen again.  If you just want a new one email them at [email protected]  While you are at it make sure you ask for the newest followers for your mags if you have the older ones they will send them out for free.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:08:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By KDG_Dave:

Same thing happened to mine. If it will come out it will go back in...but it will come out again. You put it in through the back side, then you will need to either use a brake line flare or tap it all the way around with a hammer. They didn't heat treat them so the metal is soft. I heated mine so that it wont happen again.  If you just want a new one email them at [email protected]  While you are at it make sure you ask for the newest followers for your mags if you have the older ones they will send them out for free.
View Quote

Sent an email to them. Will a heat gun work for this? If so, what heat will do the trick?
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#5]
No. Heat gun wont get it hot enough. You need some oil heated to 125-135* then heat the end up till its glowing with a propane torch then dunk it in the oil and let it cool for a couple of hours.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Can you post a pic of what part you are referring to? Are you talking about the buffer piece going past the tapered recoil rod part?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 10:07:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 2014JMS:

Can you post a pic of what part you are referring to? Are you talking about the buffer piece going past the tapered recoil rod part?
View Quote

Most likely right here.

Link Posted: 3/19/2021 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Most likely right here.

https://i.imgur.com/eDSwgtQ.jpg
View Quote

I'm surprised they didn't heat treat it. That's a huge vulnerability that will likely end up deforming at some point in time.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I know lots of people blame the stick mags for reliability issues, but is it really the stick mag, or just something in the Stribogs stick mag design?

How many other stick mag designs work just fine? Seems to be a lot to me
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Survey_Dude:
I know lots of people blame the stick mags for reliability issues, but is it really the stick mag, or just something in the Stribogs stick mag design?

How many other stick mag designs work just fine? Seems to be a lot to me
View Quote

Not all "Stick Mags" are created equal... its because of the Stribog specific stick mags. They are a piss poor design made with weak plastic, and followers that dont have any anti tilt intergraded in them. Its 98% a mag issue, the other 1 1/2" is on the older below #3000 SP9a3's that had a bolt recall and roller locks designed for 9mm NATO and FA, and the other 1/2% from a couple of out of spec uppers.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#11]
got mine ordered yesterday
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:22:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:39:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I’ve been waiting to see a pic of an ACR’s stock and EVO mag lower.

Anyone have that?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#14]
how do i tell if i have a gen 1 or gen 2 sp9a1? is it marked somewhere? i bought it used and was looking at the lingle scorpion lowers but it says they only fit some gen 1 models and im not sure what all is required to mod it to work.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Most likely right here.

https://i.imgur.com/eDSwgtQ.jpg
View Quote

What happened to all of the Stribog products on your store page?  Will they be back?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:10:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I saw he posted on Reddit that they were doing inventory it’s all back up !!! Limited stock on some.

Can’t wait to receive my SP9A1 locking block. Looks top notch thanks KDG Dave . If you end up making a brace for this thing would love to see it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:15:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By woods89:
how do i tell if i have a gen 1 or gen 2 sp9a1? is it marked somewhere? i bought it used and was looking at the lingle scorpion lowers but it says they only fit some gen 1 models and im not sure what all is required to mod it to work.
View Quote

First Gen 1 imports has reciprocating charging handles .

Gen 2 old design had a two rod recoil spring set up.

Gen 2 new design has single recoil guide rod.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:31:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By N_Parker:

What happened to all of the Stribog products on your store page?  Will they be back?

Thanks!
View Quote

@kdg_dave my recoil assembly broke while installing your buffer and extra spring kit to reduce recoil. I'm wondering if that's the reason you took that listening down. Only had about 100 rounds through my stribog before attempting to install the kit.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#19]
I’d be interested to see the scorpion lower with ACR stock as well....that my SBR config now with stock lower....
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#20]

@kdg_dave my recoil assembly broke while installing your buffer and extra spring kit to reduce recoil. I'm wondering if that's the reason you took that listening down. Only had about 100 rounds through my stribog before attempting to install the kit.
View Quote

Do you mean the solid rod pulled through the hollow rod on the recoil assemble?  The hollow tube is really soft material and doesn't appear to be heat treaded. I used a brake line tool to close the flare back up  so that the rod cant pull back through.  You can take a small hammer and lightly tap it all the way around as well to close it back up.   We still have them up on the site but have everything down until inventory was checked. The buffer kits can not and do not cause the recoil rod to come apart as there is no extra tension added to the spring itself.  Its a weak recoil rod tube.  Be sure that when removing the recoil assemble you dont grab it from the spacer/Carrier and pull it out. Use your bolt as if you were charging it to remove it so that it cant come apart again, and when you take the recoil assemble apart to clean it make sure you hold it as strait as possible when clasping the spring to remove the spring retainer.

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 2:01:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Grand power sent me a new recoil assembly since my old once deformed, which is awesome. However it came with a longer spring than my previous SPA3. It appears to be a heavier tensioned spring as well. My serial is in the 4000s. Anyone else notice that? It's like 2" longer
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:40:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Grand power sent me a new recoil assembly since my old once deformed, which is awesome. However it came with a longer spring than my previous SPA3. It appears to be a heavier tensioned spring as well. My serial is in the 4000s. Anyone else notice that? It's like 2" longer
View Quote

They are a bunch of idiots over there. The longer spring is the older heavier spring that was causing problems. Use your old spring.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:04:12 PM EDT
[#23]

They are a bunch of idiots over there. The longer spring is the older heavier spring that was causing problems. Use your old spring.
View Quote

Thanks man! You guys should definitely make a better captured recoil assembly. The one they have is super crappy.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#24]
My wife's new toy.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 1:10:47 AM EDT
[#26]
https://i.imgur.com/HA8HTQX.jpg

View Quote

How did you get the MP5 mags to work? I was thinking about this over the last few days and stumbled upon this thread.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#27]
I’m guessing it’s a different lower.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 7:45:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rynich] [#28]
I don't know if you guys have tried a binary trigger but I put one in my A3 with Lingle CZ lower, I was running Serbian 9mm.  My first few rounds in semi auto ran fine but then I started getting failure to reset the trigger. My bog was unsuppressed at this time.  I did not attempt the binary trigger at that point, so I put my 9mm can on it and that gave it enough poop to reset the trigger.  I am using the In The Field Defense binary trigger as a Fostech echo II needs a M16 bolt carrier to function well.  

ITF defense trigger doesn't need that, however the bolt just needs to reset the trigger.  I switched it to freedom mode (Binary) and it ran the remainder of the 35 round magpul mag.  However, the pull and release action was slow to work compared to my fosters setups.  I was thinking maybe that was because of the delayed blow back on the A3, I just couldn't get it to run very fast.  For those of you thinking of this setup it did work but only suppressed.  

I will switch this lower to my A1 next time I head out and see if I get a different result with the binary trigger.  Maybe the blow back action will function better unsuppressed and a faster on the pull and release.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By rynich:
I don't know if you guys have tried a binary trigger but I put one in my A3 with Lingle CZ lower, I was running Serbian 9mm.  My first few rounds in semi auto ran fine but then I started getting failure to reset the trigger. My bog was unsuppressed at this time.  I did not attempt the binary trigger at that point, so I put my 9mm can on it and that gave it enough poop to reset the trigger.  I am using the In The Field Defense binary trigger as a Fostech echo II needs a M16 bolt carrier to function well.  

ITF defense trigger doesn't need that, however the bolt just needs to reset the trigger.  I switched it to freedom mode (Binary) and it ran the remainder of the 35 round magpul mag.  However, the pull and release action was slow to work compared to my fosters setups.  I was thinking maybe that was because of the delayed blow back on the A3, I just couldn't get it to run very fast.  For those of you thinking of this setup it did work but only suppressed.  

I will switch this lower to my A1 next time I head out and see if I get a different result with the binary trigger.  Maybe the blow back action will function better unsuppressed and a faster on the pull and release.
View Quote

Short stroke spacer will probly work well for you
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Look forward to your report with that lower set-up on the A1.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#31]
The spacer is a good idea, and yes I hope to get out this weekend to test it, it was kind of disappointing.  I might try some different ammo that's a bit hotter. Last night I noticed I had some drag on the bolt so I am going to see what is going on with that. My time just seems to fly by
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:39:35 PM EDT
[#32]
I cleaned it up and oiled it, it is much smoother now.  I also noticed the binary trigger was was function testing hit or miss, working intermittently.  So I went to the ITF defense website and found a video on how to calibrate the trigger, after following those instructions it is now working perfect with dummy rounds throughout the function test. Its possible that was happening and the bolt was dragging on the hammer, my A3 ran for the first 6-8 rnds like normal then started the failure to reset crap.  Last time I had it out it ran all kinds of crappy ammo even tula steel cased stuff.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#33]
I cleaned it up and oiled it, it is much smoother now.  I also noticed the binary trigger was was function testing hit or miss, working intermittently.  So I went to the ITF defense website and found a video on how to calibrate the trigger, after following those instructions it is now working perfect with dummy rounds throughout the function test. Its possible that was happening and the bolt was dragging on the hammer, my A3 ran for the first 6-8 rnds like normal then started the failure to reset crap.  Last time I had it out it ran all kinds of crappy ammo even tula steel cased stuff.
View Quote

Polish the roller mechanism with flitz and a Dremel polish bit. Guarantee it will function a little better.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:20:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KDG_Dave] [#34]

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Sweet!
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 4:12:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rynich] [#36]
I had a chance to get out today and test the binary trigger in both the SPA3 and SPA1 Gen2.  The In The Field Defense trigger worked great after I calibrated per the instructions on their website.  I had one of those crapy $25 linear comps for 7.62 so I bored that out to 10mm and I wanted it to give a little bit of back pressure.  It worked perfect all my ammo ran in both guns, except I had a few subsonic mixed in and they did not quite get it back enough to reset the trigger.  I only ran 70 rnds in each gun, 2 35rnd magpul mags each. Ammo is expensive and I did not want to burn through it on testing.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Made a new brake for it.

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Assuming this functions 100%, I'll be happy as a clam with this little guy.

Attachment Attached File

All metal, AR trigger, good, cheap mags? What's not to love?
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Very nice!

Is that the new Lingle aluminum lower?  Is it the AKV lower?  How do the mags fit?  I’ve seen a fitment issue already so was just curious.

I’m going to go this route eventually but my SP9A3 has been 100% through nearly 300 rounds so far so not in a hurry.

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By azscooby:
Very nice!

Is that the new Lingle aluminum lower?  Is it the AKV lower?  How do the mags fit?  I’ve seen a fitment issue already so was just curious.

I’m going to go this route eventually but my SP9A3 has been 100% through nearly 300 rounds so far so not in a hurry.

View Quote

It's the "akv" lower but as you can see a pmag fits just fine. It has a little wobble but nothing that I can tell impacts function.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:50:59 PM EDT
[#41]
So what is the difference between the 2 that the scorpion version will not akv mags?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 6:17:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By NY_crawler:
So what is the difference between the 2 that the scorpion version will not akv mags?
View Quote

From what I can tell it's that the akv mags won't drop free.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#43]
this gun isn't ready for prime time. I was waiting, watching, hoping. Even let this forum sit for MONTHS, just came back to it and y'all are still having ranges of issues. The Stribog owner is a certified prick and thinks you all are making this shit up. I used to follow their forum on fakebook.

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 5:17:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rynich] [#44]
I have both the aluminum and the poly lower, the AKV mags have a thick front piece of plastic that make it very tight going into the mag well, at least that is the case for me. I have the AKV also, the magpul mags work great and I have zero issues, both of my lingle lowers work with no issues.  I never had the issues others had with their stribogs but I could see why they were and decided to change mine anyway as the magpul mags are cheaper. I recently sold my A1 and I am keeping the A3.  The A3 has a slight bit less recoil and stays on target better. Both are good guns and I have no complaints.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 6:26:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Has anyone been able to shoot the SP9A3 with both the US marked and original locking block? I'm curious as to how much of a difference there is. Is it even possible to get the original locking block from the distributor now?

I recently picked up a SP9A3 with a 55xx serial and it seems pretty hard to charge. Maybe it just needs to be cleaned up and greased, but I also noticed that ahrion posted a little further up about getting a longer, heavier recoil spring recently from the distributor. Is it possible that they have made that change to compensate for the less aggressive US marked locking block?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Will the AKV lower also take the factory Scorpion mags or will they not working in there?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#47]
When I sent mine in I did not get the original back so you might be hard pressed to find anyone that has done that.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't know of an AKV lower unless someone is making one, I bought the Scorpion mag lowers from Lingle and they both worked great with magpul mags, I tried a scorpion mag the BHO won't work without modifying the mag, the AKV mag would need modification as well but I just keep those original to use in my AKV and I do not mix them. The AC Unity MP5 mags looks interesting I might have to mess around with that.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Cz357:
Has anyone been able to shoot the SP9A3 with both the US marked and original locking block? I'm curious as to how much of a difference there is. Is it even possible to get the original locking block from the distributor now?

I recently picked up a SP9A3 with a 55xx serial and it seems pretty hard to charge. Maybe it just needs to be cleaned up and greased, but I also noticed that ahrion posted a little further up about getting a longer, heavier recoil spring recently from the distributor. Is it possible that they have made that change to compensate for the less aggressive US marked locking block?
View Quote

The original locking block worked well with HP 9mm ammo, but only worked ok with our low powered ammo on receivers that we within spec. If yours is hard to change it shouldn't be. As soon as you remove the bolt the pin should fall out and the bolt lock should separate without any force. since your serial is 5k plus you should already have the correct recoil spring. They screwed up and sent him the wrong one if I remember right.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:13:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rynich] [#50]
Here is my Aluminum Lingle lower

Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top