Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 74
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:15:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cyclone:

I like the looks of that............planning on adding one more pcc to the collection, and either one of these, a Scorpion micro or a SIG Copperhead will get the nod
View Quote
Why not all 3?

Start with the Stribog as it’s cheapest by far, but actually available... goddamn micro scorpion is out everywhere
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MAKAK47:
Why not all 3?

Start with the Stribog as it’s cheapest by far, but actually available... goddamn micro scorpion is out everywhere
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cyclone:

I like the looks of that............planning on adding one more pcc to the collection, and either one of these, a Scorpion micro or a SIG Copperhead will get the nod
Why not all 3?

Well, all three would put me in the poor house........................I cant really justify all three
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:59:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kpel308] [#3]
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 10:21:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By kpel308:
Just announced today, Jaro has switched importers.  Stribogs WITH the non-reciprocating charging handle, and all his other toys will be imported by Global Ordnance, LLC.
View Quote
How long before they start showing up? Also any idea on the MSRP of the new one?
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 10:28:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Just announced today, Jaro has switched importers.  Stribogs WITH the non-reciprocating charging handle, and all his other toys will be imported by Global Ordnance, LLC.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads-up and for all the info so far. Went back and forth between the Stribog and Scorpion, and having handled both, the Stribog is much more impressive when it comes to fit and finish - there’s a real feeling of quality there and the balance is surprisingly good.

Any idea what this means for mags and parts in the short-term?

I just picked mine up on Monday, but I’m having trouble finding magazines in stock anywhere and want to put back some spare parts just in case. Any idea how long the interruption may be while they work out the details?
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 11:04:39 PM EDT
[#6]
HBI Non-reciprocating drop in parts!!!!

https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/gp-stribog-non-reciprocating-bolt-conversion/?fbclid=IwAR2VEAjggpNqJGkNnbmG4Ae1kBHwpWi2OPNNQOl7mEIP3N-QgtPwK__L3Xw
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 11:45:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kpel308] [#7]
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 12:17:23 AM EDT
[#8]
They sold out quick, hopefully a US company (not pro mag) starts making them domestically
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 1:37:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kpel308] [#10]
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DogWizard:

Thanks for the heads-up and for all the info so far. Went back and forth between the Stribog and Scorpion, and having handled both, the Stribog is much more impressive when it comes to fit and finish - there’s a real feeling of quality there and the balance is surprisingly good.

Any idea what this means for mags and parts in the short-term?

I just picked mine up on Monday, but I’m having trouble finding magazines in stock anywhere and want to put back some spare parts just in case. Any idea how long the interruption may be while they work out the details?
View Quote
DK Firearms has them in stock, they are $25 each but free shipping over $90, which is what you would probably pay for shipping if the mags were $20 each.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#12]
How dumb was Eagle Imports for not going for the A3!?!?!??

Really glad to see this line of products expanding, can you ask him about additional accessories?
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 2:49:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kpel308] [#13]
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#14]
BTW:  Member MAKAK47 posted the following in the GD thread, to give you guys an idea of the A3's operation:

"Here’s a look at the roller delay function on the A3 model, it’s actually up above the action (on the dual mass), pretty simple system but the bars (circled in red) apparently are somehow connected to or by the barrel-these photos are from the Stribog owner’s group on Facebook."

http://i.imgur.com/G8W6Crjl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SuqRLgxl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/k8ENXhhl.jpg
View Quote
Very Nice!

Thanks for carrying over into this thread.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#15]
So does one pick up a current Stribog at the prices they are at, and then a new model once released (as long as the prices are inline with current/Scorpion prices) or does one wait and just get the new model?

Obviously there are going to be changes but are the basic parts going to be a commonality between current and new? Springs, firing pins, etc.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 6:49:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Survey_Dude:
So does one pick up a current Stribog at the prices they are at, and then a new model once released (as long as the prices are inline with current/Scorpion prices) or does one wait and just get the new model?

Obviously there are going to be changes but are the basic parts going to be a commonality between current and new? Springs, firing pins, etc.
View Quote
So there’s two models coming:

1st, the same Stribog we already have BUT with the addition of a non reciprocating charging handle from the factory

2nd, A3, which is only now starting ATF approval paperwork, so we’ll see that series of guns... God knows when

So the other option is snagging what’s on the market now, and then if you want add a non reciprocating charging handle HBI industries makes one for $110

Personally I’d say option wait for the factory model A1, and if you like it get the A3 when it comes in

I didn’t want to wait for A3 model, but will be picking up either the full size or the PDW variant being tested for the US Army, but in Semi, the A3S
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 9:23:46 AM EDT
[#17]

So there’s two models coming:

1st, the same Stribog we already have BUT with the addition of a non reciprocating charging handle from the factory

2nd, A3, which is only now starting ATF approval paperwork, so we’ll see that series of guns... God knows when

So the other option is snagging what’s on the market now, and then if you want add a non reciprocating charging handle HBI industries makes one for $110

Personally I’d say option wait for the factory model A1, and if you like it get the A3 when it comes in

I didn’t want to wait for A3 model, but will be picking up either the full size or the PDW variant being tested for the US Army, but in Semi, the A3S
https://scontent-msp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/37892053_2045540795520249_5630470733692928000_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.xx&oh=58b2fe78f4e4aac4b60bceb6fb614909&oe=5CE0863E
View Quote
The A3 version is the roller locked version?
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Didn't want to start another thread, couple questions: What do you guys do with the ring that comes with the brace adapter? It won't fit over my Mod 2 Tailhook tube. The other
is how did you guys attach a sling?
TIA
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Is there any kind of ETA on the non-recip model?
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 4:40:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:
Didn't want to start another thread, couple questions: What do you guys do with the ring that comes with the brace adapter? It won't fit over my Mod 2 Tailhook tube.
View Quote
The ring locks the tube down, it was a mofo to get over my buffer tube the first time and had to use a rubber mallet to hammer it down
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 1:04:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Not quite done with my setup yet

Link Posted: 3/15/2019 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#23]
The ring locks the tube down, it was a mofo to get over my buffer tube the first time and had to use a rubber mallet to hammer it down
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:
Didn't want to start another thread, couple questions: What do you guys do with the ring that comes with the brace adapter? It won't fit over my Mod 2 Tailhook tube.
Thanks for the reply, I ended dremelling the inside of the ring a bit and taking a tad off the tang that fits in the buffer tube channel but got it tight
so the tube won't spin.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Excellent!

Mine is about done, just going to get a rail ladder panel for the top of the gun.  HBI parts work like a charm and I don’t see any major changes unless we see some new accessories hitting the market.

Link Posted: 3/16/2019 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Cromwell's Firearms lets you add the 30 rounders to your cart but I would call first to see if they are actually in stock
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Took mine to the range today to make sure she ran before throwing down $200 to make it a little more fun.

Likes-  it runs,  nothing to write home about but she works.

Dislikes-  recip CH,  go non recip or bust-  I plan on getting the HBI. Now that I’ve shot one I would recommend waiting for the non recip version or order the Non recip conversion the same time you order the gun.

Sights-  completely useless as I had it set up.  Maybe if I dropped the adapter down a bit it would help but honestly they might be useful if SHTF but at that point it’s a point and shoot affair.

Grips-  this thing needs to be SBR’ed to be able to fully appreciate it.  A VFG would completely make the CH debate useless but also make it a very compact short weapon.

I have the SHF adapter and Taran MPX adapter.  I also have a Hardon to put a MPX stock on it.

Link Posted: 3/18/2019 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:53:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kpel308] [#29]
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Global-Ordnance:
If at any point you have questions about the new Stribog or any other Grand Power product, please don't hesitate to give us a call. 941-549-8388 x 111 and our team will do our utmost to answer your questions.

We are ramping up inventory as fast as we can for everyone and rest assured there are THOUSANDS of guns in process as we speak. We're just waiting on paperwork to clear so they can ship. New Stribogs are built and ready to go.

• The rumors are true. The next generation Stribog is inbound with non-reciprocating charging handle. Should be here in days not months.  

• The rumors are true. The next generation Stribog will have all new pricing. Pricing details and what's included will be announced as soon as they arrive. (we think everyone is going to be very pleased)  

• Global Ordnance is now your point of contact for Grand Power warranty repair Our customer service team can be reached at 941-549-8388 x 111 or [email protected]

• More parts and more magazines are inbound, balance of parts from former importer have arrived and are being catalogued currently. Once properly inventoried they will also be made available on the GrandPowerUSA site and through select retailers

• We have staff currently at the factory in Slovakia taking care of a myriad of things to make this transition as smooth as possible.

• We are Onboarding dealers and distributors for the Grand Power line as quickly as possible to meet the demand. We will be making some announcements to that effect soon.

• Stribogs and other Grand Power products are currently on display and available for live fire shooting at the Big 3 Media Event in Florida. Your favorite bloggers and other other news media have been shooting them as well as taking photographs and video of them all day for you. Expect to see much in the coming days

• Global Ordnance will be at NRA Convention in Indianapolis April 26-28 highlighting the entire Grand Power line of products. We'll have tons of free swag so make sure to stop by and see us at the show!

• Our goal is to bring in and make available EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT GRAND POWER MAKES that ATF will approve for US sale. Please bear with us as the dust is still settling on the changeover. We are working as fast as we can to get this done. !

• As you may or may not know, the Stribog in SMG form designated AP9A3S was selected as a finalist in the US Army SCW Program.  You can read about it here.  

• We are working on MULTIPLE brace options for you. Details to follow.

We will announce the moment the new Stribog arrives as well as the first shipment of 30 round Stribog magazines. First shipments are highly Stribog focused due to overwhelming demand.

As always, thank you for your business, and we look forward to working with you!

Global Ordnance
Grand Power USA
www.GrandPowerUSA.net
941-549-8388 x 111
Monday-Friday from 9am until 5pm Eastern Time
Sarasota, Florida USA

Pictured is the new Safety Harbor Stribog 3 position Pistol brace with Gear Head Works tailhook. Hats off to the guys at Safety Harbor! This is a ROCK SOLID setup.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/487666/Stribogportraitsmall-892220.jpg

Cover of current Recoil magazine featuring Stribog.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/487666/recoilcover-892243.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/487666/GRAND-POWER-Logo-2012_-892222.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/487666/globalsiteidentiy512x512-708288.png
View Quote
Oh Man! I like that.............might have to spend more money and get one of those
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Excellent. Looking forward to picking up some spare parts and mags.

I’ve also been extremely impressed by Safety Harbor’s buffer tube adapter.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 10:12:44 PM EDT
[#35]
If at any point you have questions about the new Stribog or any other Grand Power product, please don't hesitate to give us a call. 941-549-8388 x 111 and our team will do our utmost to answer your questions.

We are ramping up inventory as fast as we can for everyone and rest assured there are THOUSANDS of guns in process as we speak. We're just waiting on paperwork to clear so they can ship. New Stribogs are built and ready to go.

• The rumors are true. The next generation Stribog is inbound with non-reciprocating charging handle. Should be here in days not months.  

• The rumors are true. The next generation Stribog will have all new pricing. Pricing details and what's included will be announced as soon as they arrive. (we think everyone is going to be very pleased)  

• Global Ordnance is now your point of contact for Grand Power warranty repair Our customer service team can be reached at 941-549-8388 x 111 or [email protected]

• More parts and more magazines are inbound, balance of parts from former importer have arrived and are being catalogued currently. Once properly inventoried they will also be made available on the GrandPowerUSA site and through select retailers

• We have staff currently at the factory in Slovakia taking care of a myriad of things to make this transition as smooth as possible.

• We are Onboarding dealers and distributors for the Grand Power line as quickly as possible to meet the demand. We will be making some announcements to that effect soon.

• Stribogs and other Grand Power products are currently on display and available for live fire shooting at the Big 3 Media Event in Florida. Your favorite bloggers and other other news media have been shooting them as well as taking photographs and video of them all day for you. Expect to see much in the coming days

• Global Ordnance will be at NRA Convention in Indianapolis April 26-28 highlighting the entire Grand Power line of products. We'll have tons of free swag so make sure to stop by and see us at the show!

• Our goal is to bring in and make available EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT GRAND POWER MAKES that ATF will approve for US sale. Please bear with us as the dust is still settling on the changeover. We are working as fast as we can to get this done. !

• As you may or may not know, the Stribog in SMG form designated AP9A3S was selected as a finalist in the US Army SCW Program.  You can read about it here.  

• We are working on MULTIPLE brace options for you. Details to follow.

We will announce the moment the new Stribog arrives as well as the first shipment of 30 round Stribog magazines. First shipments are highly Stribog focused due to overwhelming demand.

As always, thank you for your business, and we look forward to working with you!

Global Ordnance
Grand Power USA
www.GrandPowerUSA.net
941-549-8388 x 111
Sarasota, Florida USA

Pictured is the new Safety Harbor Stribog 3 position Pistol brace with Gear Head Works tailhook. Hats off to the guys at Safety Harbor! This is a ROCK SOLID setup.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/487666/Stribogportraitsmall-892220.jpg

Cover of current Recoil magazine featuring Stribog.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/487666/recoilcover-892243.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/487666/GRAND-POWER-Logo-2012_-892222.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/487666/globalsiteidentiy512x512-708288.png
View Quote
I hope every freakin gun importer, and more importantly, company looking tonimport their products just read that, because THAT’S HOW ITS DONE!

Very excited all around for this Global!  So much cool stuff coming in and I can’t wait!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 12:30:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Here's mine

Link Posted: 3/28/2019 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 7:36:26 AM EDT
[#38]
[color=#ff0000][size=6]

Global Ordnance
Grand Power USA
www.GrandPowerUSA.net
941-549-8388 x 111
Sarasota, Florida USA
View Quote
Awesome!  Thanks for the support and please do advise when the 30rd mags become available.

Thanks Again!
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:07:52 AM EDT
[#39]
non reciprocating charging handle version, yes, i am 100% on board

Hope you all bring some threaded Q100s onto the market as well
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#40]

We really appreciate the comment. We'll do everything in our power to live up to the level of service we expect ourselves when we are the customer and that starts with NO-BS COMMUNICATION.

We thank you for your support and feel free to call us if you need us.

The Global Ordnance Team
Grand Power USA
941-549-8388 x 111
M-F 9am until 5pm EST
[email protected]
View Quote
Very glad to hear that Global will be importing the Stribog.

Are there any plans to develop a Glock mag lower for the Stribog, similar to the APC9 Pro?

I think that would hugely increase the popularity for the platform, and also improve the utility of the design as it could share mags with a pistol, as well as many other PCC's that take Glock mags.

Also, given future political uncertainty, it would be great to have multiple sources for magazines.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By eternal24k:
non reciprocating charging handle version, yes, i am 100% on board

Hope you all bring some threaded Q100s onto the market as well
View Quote
Rotating barrel?
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#42]

Rotating barrel?
View Quote
While I know it complicates things, I want to try with 3 lug or just fixed and rocksett
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 9:21:21 AM EDT
[#43]
How well do you like that Sig brace? I think it is sleeker looking than their one of similar design, but wasn't sure if its ability to rotate was any kind of annoyance
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 10:23:07 PM EDT
[#44]

How well do you like that Sig brace? I think it is sleeker looking than their one of similar design, but wasn't sure if its ability to rotate was any kind of annoyance
View Quote
In all honesty it is annoying, but manageable except for the fact it plucks out my beard hair
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 12:22:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By achilliesghost:
In all honesty it is annoying, but manageable except for the fact it plucks out my beard hair
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By achilliesghost:

Well that's disappointing
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Anyone else see this article on the Stribog?  https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/05/big-3-east-2019-global-ordnance-x-grand-power-stribog-canmuntion/

Found these two comments interesting:
While this SP9A1 is the newer version with a non-reciprocating charging handle, they hope to have the A3 version in the fall.
View Quote
There was a slight issue with the magazines that my friend Todd Jaderborg noticed during Big 3 East. The number of content creators were less than previous years so there was time where no one was shooting the Stribog. So the magazines were left out on the shooting bench in the sun. In a short amount of time, the polymer swelled and made it difficult to insert into the mag well. Kevin of Global Ordnance used to work at SGM Tactical and is looking into making metal magazines but nothing set in stone at the moment.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 2:04:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Best mm?!

Yes. Yes please.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 60-Driver:
Anyone else see this article on the Stribog?  https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/05/big-3-east-2019-global-ordnance-x-grand-power-stribog-canmuntion/

Found these two comments interesting:
View Quote
Interesting, confirms my concern about the height of the arm brace

Also interesting on the mags, hopefully they get metal mags or metal reinforced mags soon

The rest of that article is pretty garbage though, calling a 9mm a bit punchy... jeez guy, drop the Smirnoff

I shot another 150-200 rounds this weekend, no issues, as far as punchy.... hahahaha
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Sorry if I missed it but what's the word on the safety harbor brace?
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top