Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 74
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TW200:

Thanks N_Parker I couldn't resist at $629.
View Quote
Same here.
I've been considering one but this pushed me over the edge.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 7:45:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kpel308] [#2]
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#3]
the minute i can order a non reciprocating ambi charging handle, i am in.

Also, reallllllly hoping for a mag adapter for colt or MP5 since i have so many and technically cannot buy new mags in VT
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By kpel308:
Jaro says that bringing in the non-reciprocating version is up to the importer. He has come up with an ambi charging handle now, too.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1232/39221302_10204300942920153_1362712283146354688_o-648030.jpg
View Quote
any talk of a 3 lug with threads like the B&T?
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:11:31 PM EDT
[#6]
We need to hold another SCAR competition so that some manufacturer will bring forth a different design for all the euro nations to copy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 1:06:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Any word on if we will see the classic flash hider found on the full size carbine?  Interested in any updates on the folding stock or what parts Eagle Imports will be importing.  This price from Palmetto has me very interested.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I made a suggestion for another type of stock to my friend the mad scientist, and... https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1232/38650372_10204275761490633_3894248092823715840_o-633710.jpg
View Quote
Any idea if that version of the upper will be available? Looks to be a shortened version, only has 1 mlok slot on the side.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 9:19:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the reply, I'd love a shorter version.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By icura:
Couldn't have said it better myself^
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By N_Parker:

How is the Stribog not a good value when compared to an AR 9mm and especially the Scorpion?

Both Stribog & Scorpion use proprietary magazines.  Grab-A-Gun is selling the Stribog for $694.99 which is less expensive than the average selling price for the Scorpion EVO 3.  IMO it feels like you are getting more for your money with a Stribog vs. a Scorpion.

Yes you could probably build a basic AR based 9mm for less than $700 but like myself, I am sure most of the people interested in the Stribog already have an AR based PCC and a Scorpion.
You guys are neglecting the fact that the Scorpion has  huge aftermarket support. Will the Striborg ever reach the market penetration of the Scorpion to garner the aftermarket support that Scorpion owners enjoy?
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By thebomber:
You guys are neglecting the fact that the Scorpion has  huge aftermarket support. Will the Striborg ever reach the market penetration of the Scorpion to garner the aftermarket support that Scorpion owners enjoy?
View All Quotes

How is the Stribog not a good value when compared to an AR 9mm and especially the Scorpion?

Both Stribog & Scorpion use proprietary magazines.  Grab-A-Gun is selling the Stribog for $694.99 which is less expensive than the average selling price for the Scorpion EVO 3.  IMO it feels like you are getting more for your money with a Stribog vs. a Scorpion.

Yes you could probably build a basic AR based 9mm for less than $700 but like myself, I am sure most of the people interested in the Stribog already have an AR based PCC and a Scorpion.
Discussion above were opinions of initial value and had nothing to do with aftermarket support therefore that fact was not neglected.  Current aftermarket support for the Scorpion did not happen overnight.  Maybe you missed this part above "I am sure most of the people interested in the Stribog already have an AR based PCC and a Scorpion."
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 10:29:36 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
It would seem that the CZ scorpion is the glock of the "SMG" world.  But like glock only it needs the upgrades.
I looked at the Scorp and the Stribog.  The Stribog was just way cheaper then what I can get a Scorpion for and then have to upgrade a few things to make it useable for me.
Best thing it has going for it is the non reciprocating charging handle.  But thats just my opinion.
699 for the Stribog and a complete lower from PSA was a no brainer for me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 3:22:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NachoDip] [#14]
I like seeing the updates for this gun. Any word about other calibers?
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 10:28:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Have you looked at how difficult it would be to remove the barrel?
Saw you said it had a barrel nut.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:54:08 AM EDT
[#17]
kpel308, can you find out if and when the A3 version becomes available, will A1 owners be able to retrofit the new bolt system into existing chassis or is too different? Also will parts like the dual charging handles be available?
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Stribog on sale for $629 at Palmetto State

Palmetto Stribog
View Quote
Only 4 left!  They had over 60 available when they went on sale.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:00:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By meitner:
An adapter with a 1913 rail, allowing the use of MPX braces/stocks, instead of the tube threads would be excellent. Simple solution for a nice improvement.

I've heard a 3rd-party is working on Stribog brace stuff, but who knows if/when it will be released.
View Quote
Just an FYI for anyone wanting to use a mpx style brace, I mounted one and you have to have it mounted very high up on the receiver. IMO, you'll have to use an optic with tall mount or tall sights to make it comfortable for most users.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:29:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By jerrad:

Just an FYI for anyone wanting to use a mpx style brace, I mounted one and you have to have it mounted very high up on the receiver. IMO, you'll have to use an optic with tall mount or tall sights to make it comfortable for most users.
View Quote
Cool, do you have some pics you could share?  shoot me an email if you need help posting them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:59:58 PM EDT
[#22]
.22LR is in the works.
View Quote
I'm thinking more like...

10MM

45 ACP
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I had to pull the trigger on the PSA deal.  My FFL Dealer ordered one for himself too after he ordered mine.  Hoping for the factory folding stock and flash hider will be available soon.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 1:02:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Picked up my Stribog the other day and really like it.  I was thinking about having a plate with a 1913 rail made for it but I saw someone post about Safety Harbor Firearms making one.  I contacted them today to try to get some info on it.  Hope they get back to me soon!
Just need Franklin Armory to make a trigger for this and maybe fix how the safety works. :)
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Got my Stribog set up with an AR pistol tube and SOB brace.
Also added a Primary Arms red dot.
A budget set up for now but it works fantastic.

This pistol fits me great.
Target acquisition is fast and natural.
It actually fits me better than my Scorpion.

As for the charging handle, no injuries yet.
Mostly my left hand stays on the mag well anyway.
I wouldn't mind someone coming up with a lower profile handle though.

Overall I'm super happy with this pistol.
It's so much better than what I was expecting.
Also really surprised about the quality.
Doesn't feel cheap in any respect.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 1:37:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By jerrad:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 2:09:40 AM EDT
[#28]
This is a gun I think I would prefer a side folder on.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 8:03:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jerrad] [#29]
With the telescoping brace, you can see I had to clearance the body of the adapter. The receiver is too wide so you'll have to remove about 1/16" from the mount. You'll also need to clearance the rods on the inner and bottom.  The rods will rub on the angled section of the receiver.

For the rear plate, I drilled a couple holes and mounted my rail section.  The rear plate is plastic and I noticed some flexing when I mounted the brace. I used some jb weld and filled in the voids to add some rigidity.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 5:08:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 5:36:05 AM EDT
[#31]
I just got off a text conversation with Jaro.  He says he agrees the Glock mag version is a great idea, and is in the development pipeline.  Unfortunately, it will take about a year to bring to market.  The stick mag is here to stay, though, as he has a lot of military and law enforcement contracts now.  He is cranking out Stribogs as fast as he can make them, now.
View Quote
What about alloy lowers?  Does he still produce an alloy lower that can be imported as a replacement part?
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 5:43:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Emailed Eagle Imports about Euro Stock and flash hider on September 3rd.  Here is their reply:

Mr. Smith,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately no, there are no current plans to bring in the Euro Stock or a flash hider for the Stribog at tis time.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Any ideas on an alternative source?  Tried Euro Military.com no luck.  Maybe the Canadians can help us out?
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 1:54:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Discussion above were opinions of initial value and had nothing to do with aftermarket support therefore that fact was not neglected.  Current aftermarket support for the Scorpion did not happen overnight.  Maybe you missed this part above "I am sure most of the people interested in the Stribog already have an AR based PCC and a Scorpion."
View All Quotes

Yup, the only thing the Scorpion had going for it was the cheap magazines & no serious flaws out of the gate...which is actually saying a lot.  There weren't stock (or brace) kits for at least a year, and people were constantly complaining about the safety prodding their hand and the polymer construction.  How times change.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 5:26:22 PM EDT
[#36]
I would much rather a Colt SMG or MP5 pattern mag well. Glock mags are mediocre for PCC
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By eternal24k:
I would much rather a Colt SMG or MP5 pattern mag well. Glock mags are mediocre for PCC
View Quote
FWIW, the Stribog mag is basically an enlarged Colt SMG mag.  Not sure how hard/easy they are to load compared to the Colt though.  But yeah, I know they're popular and all, but Glock mags just don't look quite right in an SMG.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#38]
You know what I’m imaging would be awesome on this? A scorpion buttstock with a tailhook. Hmmmmm. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 5:26:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UT-ARShooter] [#39]
Originally Posted By 60-Driver:

FWIW, the Stribog mag is basically an enlarged Colt SMG mag.  Not sure how hard/easy they are to load compared to the Colt though.  But yeah, I know they're popular and all, but Glock mags just don't look quite right in an SMG.
View Quote
I just ordered one of these. When I get it, I'm going to see if I can modify a Colt SMG mag. Would be nice to have options for mags.

ETA: Then again, the price of the Stribog mags are the same as a Colt SMG mag so I guess buy and stack deep?
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#40]
I'd still like to see if a simple adapter can be made to use Colt mags.  Other options are always good, especially for those that already have a stockpile of them
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#41]
for those who have a stockpile or have had laws change and cannot buy new high cap mags
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Well me and a friend are signed up for the AZ State PCC Championship. He'll be running my Stribog with a Trijicon Reflex.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Great!  They're cleaning up with Stribogs in Europe.  My Lithuanian friend Marius Kazanskis just got 1st at the Alsa Pro LT IPSC match on the 3rd, shooting his Stribog.  He is using a factory handguard extension, a Toni System fixed stock, and a Sight Mark scope shooting Fiocchi ammo.  He's sponsored by Jaro and Grand Power, as well as Fiocchi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UHVu2vD-mw
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tim_McBride:
Well me and a friend are signed up for the AZ State PCC Championship. He'll be running my Stribog with a Trijicon Reflex.
Great!  They're cleaning up with Stribogs in Europe.  My Lithuanian friend Marius Kazanskis just got 1st at the Alsa Pro LT IPSC match on the 3rd, shooting his Stribog.  He is using a factory handguard extension, a Toni System fixed stock, and a Sight Mark scope shooting Fiocchi ammo.  He's sponsored by Jaro and Grand Power, as well as Fiocchi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UHVu2vD-mw
Thanks. We are planning on getting video, should be a fun match. We are shooting the Stribog in a club match tomorrow for a little practice session.
Gun runs like a top with S&B 124gr.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Marius was using 115s.
View Quote
Ya, I ran some 115s, did fine.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Stribog did well overall today. Handed the dirt and such at the club well.
Had some minor feeding issues if the mag got rocked too much, seemed to happen if the mag got monopodded on a stage that required a prone position.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 11:58:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kpel308] [#48]
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 12:07:37 AM EDT
[#49]

Can you describe the issues you were having?  I'll pass the info on to Jaro.   ETA:  Also, what type of lube and how much were you using?
View Quote
Live rounds failing to chamber but out of mag. Only happened on the stage were we had a lot of prone and low barricade work. I'll get the video uploaded.
As for lube, just a light coating of Rem oil. We ran a mix of ammo. Going to run it hard this next two weeks prior to State match. I have confidence it'll do fine.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 1:09:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bye_Felicia] [#50]
PPC 2 Gun 9 15 2018 Stribog

Hard to see the jams. The first stage has prone. I thought he shot up the downloaded mag but it was instead a jam. Mag was being monopodded. Second jam was at the window barricade, that was actually a spent case stuck in the action.
Plan is to video the action and attempt to replicate the monopod jam.

@JeredMD
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top