BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's nice to see some aftermarket developing for this rifle, but this seems like a step in the wrong direction.

An aftermarket stock/forend should correct the following problems:

The OEM foreend's sling stud and molded-in rail make it hard to get your hand all the way forward.
The rail is a poor accessory attachment point.
No other accessory attachment points.
Even with the barrel fluting the PC carbine is surprisingly a bit front-heavy.
No QD sockets.

Aftermarket foreend should keep the same basic profile as OEM but delete the rail and sling stud (include a flush-mount plug which can be removed to install sling stud). One QD socket on each side towards the rear. One MLOK slot on each side towards the front. If possible, drop a couple ounces vs. OEM.

Fifteen MLOK slots on the handguard pictured above? I get it's mostly for weight savings, but it still screams overkill...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a chassis, but Parker Mountain is working on an aluminum MLok fore end.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/DSC_0044.jpg
PMM Ruger PC Mlok fore end
It's nice to see some aftermarket developing for this rifle, but this seems like a step in the wrong direction.

The OEM foreend's sling stud and molded-in rail make it hard to get your hand all the way forward.
The rail is a poor accessory attachment point.
No other accessory attachment points.
Even with the barrel fluting the PC carbine is surprisingly a bit front-heavy.
No QD sockets.

Aftermarket foreend should keep the same basic profile as OEM but delete the rail and sling stud (include a flush-mount plug which can be removed to install sling stud). One QD socket on each side towards the rear. One MLOK slot on each side towards the front. If possible, drop a couple ounces vs. OEM.

Fifteen MLOK slots on the handguard pictured above? I get it's mostly for weight savings, but it still screams overkill...
I agree - too much. Don’t need a full length tactical rail. Just some good mounting points.  OEM rail is horrible. I would prefer to keep a slim/tapered profile. Hopefully Magpul has something in the works.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#2]
More details about commercially available picatinny rails for the barrel mounted rear sight base...

Taccom now offers a rail for the PC Carbine for $20:
https://taccom3g.com/product/ruger-pc-carbine-rear-optic-sight-mount/

and The Firearm Blog posted an article about Instagram's bkmiller556 rail products (both aluminum and 3D printed) and 3D printed mag well here:
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/07/23/ruger-pc-carbine-upgrades/

I am still looking for aftermarket vendors to make an improved charging handle and more importantly, an improved stock... (c'mon Magpul!)
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 11:16:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Is there wide report of PCC factory rail (receiver) mounted RDS losing zero from repeated take-down?
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is there wide report of PCC factory rail (receiver) mounted RDS losing zero from repeated take-down?
View Quote
Not as far as I can tell.  As I see it even if the zero shifts a half-inch or so at fifty yards it would still be good enough to do it's job.  I'm not going to be head-shooting squirrels with it.  On a .22 which may be used for hunting it MAY be a factor.  That said I like the factory sights and see no reason to use anything else.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I would have to agree with Bronsonburner, I do not think the zero shift is enough to be worried about in a 9mm carbine that will be used at relatively close range. However, I find a 2 MOA red dot makes for appreciably better accuracy than the Carbine's large ghost ring sight, but the PC9's cheek weld is too low when I mount a red dot on the receiver picatinny rail. Moving the red dot to the barrel rear sight base lowers the sight enough to provide me with a perfect cheek weld.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 2:02:45 AM EDT
[#6]
PMM released their front handguard...Al., M-lock, 150$.  A Magpul backpacker type appeals more to me.

http://www.parkermountainmachine.com/store/p395/PMM_Ruger_PC_Carbine_MLOK_RAIL.html
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Has anyone put the Taccom3g extended magazine release on the PC9. Having some difficulty. Couldn't find a video and the directions don't seem to be working. Could be my lack of skill too.

Edit: Finally figured it out. Works great.
View Quote
Where did you get it and how much, I need one
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 8:40:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Where did you get it and how much, I need one
View Quote
Taccom Ruger stuff is just a Google search away.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I emailed tech-sights about making a rear sight and/or a receiver mounted rear with a taller front, they said they would love to make one but haven’t yet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:53:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
PMM released their front handguard...Al., M-lock, 150$.  A Magpul backpacker type appeals more to me.

http://www.parkermountainmachine.com/store/p395/PMM_Ruger_PC_Carbine_MLOK_RAIL.html
View Quote
Looks ok. $150 is more than I would pay. How about a cheaper and lighter polymer version. The front end is heavy enough without adding more weight with a longer heavier aluminum  forend.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:16:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Is anyone else starting to wonder what is going on with the conversions, both caliber and magazine well? I’d love a .45 conversion and also a beretta 92 magwell adapter.

I would think they would have had most of this developed by release, at least the caliber conversions. I think mag wells are mostly going to be an after market item.

I’m starting to wonder if .40 and .45 are going to happen.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 10:59:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I like the looks of that lone wolf comp!
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

- The OEM foreend's sling stud and molded-in rail make it hard to get your hand all the way forward.
- The rail is a poor accessory attachment point.
- No other accessory attachment points.
- Even with the barrel fluting the PC carbine is surprisingly a bit front-heavy.
- No QD sling sockets.

View Quote
You make a great point.
One of the follow up tenets of lean production is when you go to fix a situation don't say "What can we change", rather focus on "What should we change".

Going the wrong route leads you to a (laughing) 150$ handguard for the PCC.

Don't they realize a good half the advantage of this carbine is the value proposition?  Talk about misreading your market....
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Nobody else has created an on-board storage solution for the hex wrenches required to assemble/disassemble the Carbine for field stripping, so I created my own grip plug. More details can be found here:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Ruger-PC-Carbine-Grip-Storage/48-492577/

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top