Page / 11
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Huh...
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#2]
cost of the Tailhook all by itself is more than half what a stamp would cost, interesting setup but I'm more than happy with the original on my SBR, hate to see what someone is
going to do with the ATI MP40.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Let's continue the fun:

Link Posted: 4/12/2018 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I need to buy that adapter, I gave a spare stock floating around. Looks like it might be nicer to shoot that way
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think I need to buy that adapter, I gave a spare stock floating around. Looks like it might be nicer to shoot that way
View Quote
Is it an SBR?
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:03:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Huh...
View Quote
I love it - been thinking this needs to b done!

With my long forearm - and the overall short stock wire length -  it could actually be used as intended - as a brace on a forearm.
I rented a Vz61 at a MG shoot and found the stock extremely short as a stock - as a brace it might actually work very well as a brace (oddly enough) and retain some of the stock-factory look -I say Kudos to the OP of the brace!
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Mags on closeout at Numrich again.

$15, and free shipping over $75

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1291430
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1291430
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:10:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool. Ordered a few more VZ61 mags and some new Uzi mags for $9.95.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 1:54:08 AM EDT
[#9]
so, my barrel is threaded 7/16-28.  think morgan tried to make me a 7/16-28 to 1/2-28 adapter last summer and it just wasted a buncha time for him sorry dont be mad at me!  kimber makes a 7/16-5/8-4 setup, but its like 50+ and thats just too high to be not really what i need...  what would be cool if we could get fixed rear end caps in 7/16-28.... i think thats treading into no mans land though....

i need a lower, anyone have a lead on a "cheap one"  i like the guy at recon, hes fun to talk to, but his prices are bit high for me at the moment
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 2:59:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
so, my barrel is threaded 7/16-28.  think morgan tried to make me a 7/16-28 to 1/2-28 adapter last summer and it just wasted a buncha time for him sorry dont be mad at me!  kimber makes a 7/16-5/8-4 setup, but its like 50+ and thats just too high to be not really what i need...  what would be cool if we could get fixed rear end caps in 7/16-28.... i think thats treading into no mans land though....

i need a lower, anyone have a lead on a "cheap one"  i like the guy at recon, hes fun to talk to, but his prices are bit high for me at the moment
View Quote
Just keep encouraging Morgan at ClassIII to make us 3lug adapters threaded 7/16x28. Hint Hint
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I would probably just buy the new 1x2/28 barrel setup from Czechpoint.  Any reason for not doing so?  You could have your suppressor on there in  a few weeks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I would probably just buy the new 1x2/28 barrel setup from Czechpoint.  Any reason for not doing so?  You could have your suppressor on there in  a few weeks.
View Quote
as far as 3 lug, i dont have a triad for my evo 9, so that doesnt trip me as much as just a straight thread setup does...

as far as buyikn more parts, my upper has a cool sn ends in x007, so i would like to keep that as is....

i prob will just buy a whole gun and call it good...
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Ordered some cheap parts off Amazon, looks like with a little modification this will work as a way to mount a red dot on this little plinker. Going to need to trim a bit off both sides of the barrel mount for clearance and a bit off the lips of the riser but, provided it holds zero, will work great

The riser is perfectly see through as a bonus

You could probably get better results from a riser like so:

But I'm not sure what kind of RDS I'm going to stick on it yet (plus the pictured by PA is only ~$30, the one I'm using as a proof-of-concept was only ~$9)
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Very cool!  Maybe something like a Burris fastfire? Or other micro red dot
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Possibly, mainly depends what I can find on sale
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Got my VZ back from the smith after having the adapter installed.  Love it!  It balances so much better. My smith had to try it out and was able to hit gongs with ease on the test range at 125 yards!  He is now searching for one himself.

Attachment Attached File

Just ordered a case of ammo from SGA. Now trying to find a case for it and eight mags.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Who installed your stock? Looking for someone to do mine....
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I bought a Mostly complete (No barrel) upper at knob creek and a bag of small parts, however I'm not sure what other parts i need to make a complete gun, The obvious parts are well, easy to tell, i have a couple spare triggers and hammers, but theres small parts too i cant identify, is there a chart somewhere i can look at?
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Jmac customs is working on a modernized Vz61 upper per their Instagram response.
ETA : Slimjim the factory CSA manual has excellent diagrams.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 10:47:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I would really like to get a good set of prints for the Vz61.

I want to model it up then build a FrankenBastard.

Think - using a 380acp bolt... Modified mag well... I think this thing would be my favorite toy in 22TCM
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Think - using a 380acp bolt... Modified mag well... I think this thing would be my favorite toy in 22TCM
View Quote
The only good set of prints i cant get my hands on because the company who has them for sale is in Canada and wont ship to the US.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Threaded 7.65 uppers are in stock at Czech point. I just snagged one to replace my threaded hack job that had the threads crack on it twice.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 9:30:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Finally got to shoot some steel with my sbr yesterday. Man this little gun rocks. No recoil and I was getting hits so easy with that little stock felt like cheating. Didn’t have time to try the threaded upper or .22 upper yet. Can’t remember last gun that was this fun to shoot. I might have to pick up another to sbr.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The only good set of prints i cant get my hands on because the company who has them for sale is in Canada and wont ship to the US.
View Quote
I wonder if they would sell directly to a Type 07 FFL (Manufacture) ?
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 8:02:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll share the MasterCAM program if someone gets me some GOOD prints.

About the Canadians.....

I had a B&T MP9 fixed stock special ordered from Thun to Wolverine Supplies. Some BS law about "machine gun parts" not being sold keeps me from getting that stock. Homeboy from Wolverine was all pissed off I didn't get him payment before.

Idiots.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#26]
oops, disregard.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#27]
I have a VZ-61 and the stock adapter for an AR style pistol brace.

I tried it out yesterday, and it was a blast to shoot.  Now I want to put a folding style buffer tube on it, so that it's not so long during transport.

What adapter would people recommend?  I don't need a fancy one that you'd use on an AR, as of course there's no buffer or spring to deal with.  I just basicaully need a threaded hinge.

http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddetail.php?prod=SF-ARAD

This one fits that description - however it's listed as Light duty only, for pistol buffer tube mount only, not for use with arm braces, stabilizer blades or rear stocks..  It's made out of aluminum so I'd guess it would be OK for range duty - I'll have to avoid buttstroking someone with it I guess but otherwise I'm tempted to give it a try, unless other's have and say it's junk.

http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddetail.php?prod=UPRD-ARCP

This one is listed for heavy duty, but has a flat plate on the end, needing another adapter to connect to the buffer tube.  It comes with that adapter, but is starting to make the stock longer that what I'd like.

Tips and recommendation on what to get?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Just buy a factory folding stock and put the Techsmith adapter on it.

No brace is ever going to be "duty ready".
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#29]
The first you linked is trash (I had it and broke it). The best option is the Hera. Plus the USMG folders are really big and bulky

The factory folder + adapter like above is great if you aren't worried about using a suppressor
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 4:49:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I bought a Mostly complete (No barrel) upper at knob creek and a bag of small parts, however I'm not sure what other parts i need to make a complete gun, The obvious parts are well, easy to tell, i have a couple spare triggers and hammers, but theres small parts too i cant identify, is there a chart somewhere i can look at?
View Quote
There is a series on YouTube that should be able to help. Vz61 assembly, in three parts.  Other than that, I can take a photo of all the parts laid out in their respective groups, but I'll need a few days.

https://youtu.be/ZGNaglOQ1b8

Edit: also, if you can take a few clear photos of everything I can probably tell you if something is missing.  I've stripped mine completely way too many times.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Well it's fuggly but viola, red dot on a VZ.61

It definitely sits a bit higher than I like but not sure where I can get a lower riser that'd fit. The barrel clamp needs a bit more filing on it and to get hit with some alumablack but for $100 including the red dot I'm not going to complain, especially considering how decent this little dot is (nicest sub $100 I've seen). Will let y'all know if this monstrosity holds zero
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

There is a series on YouTube that should be able to help. Vz61 assembly, in three parts.  Other than that, I can take a photo of all the parts laid out in their respective groups, but I'll need a few days.

https://youtu.be/ZGNaglOQ1b8

Edit: also, if you can take a few clear photos of everything I can probably tell you if something is missing.  I've stripped mine completely way too many times.
View Quote
Here is what i have.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well it's fuggly but viola, red dot on a VZ.61
View Quote
Very cool. I really like that sling on there.  I think I have one of those somewhere  (I'm going to kick myself if it sold at the last gunshow).
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Well my fuggly mount seems to hold zero just kinda zeroed on my small steel targets so nothing on paper yet but looking good so far! Definitely gonna find a way to get it a bit lower tho
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Do they sell factory threaded barrels?  No one wants to attempt to thread my barrel locally
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Do they sell factory threaded barrels?  No one wants to attempt to thread my barrel locally
View Quote
Why are you limiting yourself to locally?
Morgan at Class III Machining did mine. Great workmanship, price, and turnaround
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Thank you I will try them out.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Thank you I will try them out.
View Quote
He is a member here. He has an ad in the gunsmithing EE
@EastTXhunter
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 7:51:29 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
Oddly enough it may work well as a "brace"  The stock is so short - it would actually brace well on a forearm.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 12:08:39 AM EDT
[#40]
I want a threaded barrel version in 32acp. Czech point has been out of stock for a while. What are my options to get one? Buy a standard version and have the barrel threaded? Saw some guy selling some on GunBroker, not sure if his builds are good.

Maybe just hold out for the right one is better.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I want a threaded barrel version in 32acp. Czech point has been out of stock for a while. What are my options to get one? Buy a standard version and have the barrel threaded? Saw some guy selling some on GunBroker, not sure if his builds are good.

Maybe just hold out for the right one is better.
View Quote
As I recall every other Thursday or Friday they update the website with what is in stock.  I waited a couple of weeks and jumped on it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Had this one in Baghdad back in 08'.  It had seen better days.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't know how much you love your vz61, but...

Look into the cost (as in, have your dealer inquire) of the Scheyer suppressor.  I'm strongly considering selling my threaded upper and bolt to get one. It's maybe 1.75x the cost, but it looks correct and you use the barrel you already own.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I don't know how much you love your vz61, but...

Look into the cost (as in, have your dealer inquire) of the Scheyer suppressor.  I'm strongly considering selling my threaded upper and bolt to get one. It's maybe 1.75x the cost, but it looks correct and you use the barrel you already own.
View Quote
Pictures?  I would be interested in getting a suppressor that will work with the original barrel.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Pictures?  I would be interested in getting a suppressor that will work with the original barrel.
View Quote
http://schreyerweaponsystems.com/AculeusVZ61Suppressor.php
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 11:53:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Yep, that's the link. Honestly, their product photos are awful.  I may have to bite the bullet and order just to get some decent photos of the thing and how it's made.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Picked up a case of Prvi now that it's finally nice out.  Anxiously wait now for the SBR paperwork to come back.  Maybe it'll be a Christmas present.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Oh WOW, gotta get me one.  Will call my local Class III dealer tomorrow to see if he can get them.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#49]
If you are actually able to get a price please let us know.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 6:02:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Found these extra large charging handles.

https://www.corwin-arms.com/product/xl-charging-handles-sa-61-scorpion-0
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top