BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 8:31:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nice, ordered 2 and a $7 mag pouch.

I wasn't able to get to my FFL before they closed today I'll have to pick it up in the morning
View Quote
I wouldn't store mags in leather, it attracts moisture and the chemicals used in tanning could affect the finish. I store mine in a plastic container I got
at a dollar store. You could even through in a moisture packet in with them for good measure if you are storing your containers in a humid environment.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Nice. That's a decent price.

@FADALdude
View Quote
Thank you Sir!  And another dozen inbound.

That's weird they didn't adjust the price on the mags with pouch set.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Do you recall the shipping charge?

I need to stop with these things. Lol.

Quoted:

I wouldn't store mags in leather, it attracts moisture and the chemicals used in tanning could affect the finish. I store mine in a plastic container I got
at a dollar store. You could even through in a moisture packet in with them for good measure if you are storing your containers in a humid environment.
Probably a good call really.  I didn't think about it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Yay, no more freeloading ITT

Hope to get to put a few rounds through it this evening initial impressions tho:

1: Needs the original wood grip, I do not understand why Czechpoint uses these black plastic ones....but they are of good quality and nothing wrong with it other than the aesthetic.

2: maybe going to replace the blade with tailhook, definitely adding a folding mechanism

3: it's really really really cool

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice, ordered 2 and a $7 mag pouch.

I wasn't able to get to my FFL before they closed today I'll have to pick it up in the morning
Oh I wasn't planning to but I'll remember to be sure to take them out after use. Thank ya!
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is a factory sbr with a 3-lug barrel that Czech-point usa made a few years ago.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:34:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice blaster, both of you. Please post a photo if you go ahead with the tail hook, folder, etc!

How do these sound suppressed?  My Trident 9 adapter is still en route, but I've got the 61 and a pile of ammo ready and waiting.

I'm so close to ordering the Schreyer Weapon Systems can...
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:35:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Very quiet, here's a crappy video I took earlier with my crappy F1 can on it
VZ-61 Skorpion suppressed - F1 can
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:41:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow. That does seem pretty quiet. 9mm can?
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:55:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, it's my po-boy hybrid. Gets used on everything
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I've heard louder BB guns, nice.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 2:29:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I couldn't resist...I grabbed a few as well.  That's the lowest I've seen advertised in a while.

I'd recommend anyone that can go ahead and take advantage of that price.  For reference, I think the cheapest Sarco had them was $17.50 if you bought 10 or more.

Quoted:
Yeah, it's my po-boy hybrid. Gets used on everything
View Quote
It looks really good on there, and obviously it works well.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 11:06:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, my .22 conversion kit came in last week. Finally got a chance to try and install it. It wouldn't close, so I removed the bolt. It barely fit, but closed. Now it's stuck closed. Any ideas on how to get it back open?
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#13]
There is no real science to getting it back off.  I will try to put continuous pressure on the pin while I push/release rearward pressure on the upper.

I've found that all the new manufacture uppers seem to have the hammer support pin relief stamped in the slightly wrong spot, so they are super tight until the pin head begins to dent the upper.

ETA: By "all new uppers" I mean the three I've had so far, spanning 6 months.  All my surplus uppers fit fine.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, lesson learned. Thankfully, before I did any real damage. Apparently, it’s possible to push the bolt-hold-open so far in that it jams. This in turn locks into the matching pin in the upper, locking them together. At random I pushed down on the upper pin while trying to pull the upper off. This released the upper. I put the bolt in, forgetting the charging knobs. Jammed again. Worked the bolt back and forth, apparently releasing the BHO pin. Put everything together properly and it works now.

See this pin? The BHO pushes it up.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 11:42:34 PM EDT
[#15]
That's odd.  The safety wasn't on? (I've done that before...)
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 12:44:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's odd.  The safety wasn't on? (I've done that before...)
View Quote
On or off, no difference that I could see.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 12:32:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Engaging the safety should lift the bolt catch, and will lock the bolt open or closed (bolt is inoperable with safety on).
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Engaging the safety should lift the bolt catch, and will lock the bolt open or closed (bolt is inoperable with safety on).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah! The upper wouldn’t go on with the safety off. Now it does.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I got my magazines in, now just need to find a threaded barrel version in stock.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I got my magazines in, now just need to find a threaded barrel version in stock.
View Quote
I *think* the Czechpoint FB page said the next shipment was due end of this month.  Recon Ordnance may have them if you call. I know he's got more stuff than what's on GunBroker.

I also got my numrich mags.  They look 100% unused.  Park finish.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 10:16:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Imagine my opposite problem- I have the threads and the can, and I've been waiting two weeks for SilencerCo to ship a thread adapter that they have in stock. :|

Post pics! Haha.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Heads up threaded uppers back in stock. Just got a 7.65 threaded upper. Kinda regretting getting my non threaded .22 upper now. Either try to get mine threaded or sell it and get a threaded version.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't believe the 9mak or 380 ever went out of stock?  7.65 is still gone, along with all .22.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't believe the 9mak or 380 ever went out of stock?  7.65 is still gone, along with all .22.
View Quote
Well maybe they only had like 1 or 2 7.65 and .22 threaded uppers in stock cause I ordered mine right before I posted.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow nice score.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Imagine my opposite problem- I have the threads and the can, and I've been waiting two weeks for SilencerCo to ship a thread adapter that they have in stock. :|

Post pics! Haha.
View Quote
That was the pic the gunsmith sent me. Should be back to me tomorrow.
What adaptor do you need...?
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That was the pic the gunsmith sent me. Should be back to me tomorrow.
What adaptor do you need...?
View Quote
I ordered a 1/2x28 adapter for my silencer from SilencerCo like a month ago... Called back after two weeks because I was never charged, so they charge me.  Called back two weeks after that because I see no package in the mail.  I'm told, oh we'll send it out next week.  Good God.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I ordered a 1/2x28 adapter for my silencer from SilencerCo like a month ago... Called back after two weeks because I was never charged, so they charge me.  Called back two weeks after that because I see no package in the mail.  I'm told, oh we'll send it out next week.  Good God.
View Quote
like a fixed mount or a piston for it?
Is it an octane?
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Just got the notification the threaded 7.65 is in stock.  Hurried and got one on order finally.  Excitement is setting in.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
like a fixed mount or a piston for it?
Is it an octane?
View Quote
SWR Trident-9, 1/2x28 fixed mount.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

SWR Trident-9, 1/2x28 fixed mount.
View Quote
Gotcha. Excited to swap pictures haha
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#33]
To the guys with high round counts: Fiocchi 73 gr or PPU 71 gr for dirt cheap bulk? Put through 100 rounds of both, only one FTF (cannot remember which, or even if it was one of those two) but that was straight out of the box no lube, no initial cleaning, etc
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 9:55:15 PM EDT
[#34]
That hang up is likely just from it being brand new.  I've shot quite a bit of Privi, Fiocchi, and Remington UMC, all without issue.  They recommend any Euro/CIP spec ammo though.

For what it's worth, I just bought 1k of Fiocchi.

ETA: I've heard people say HP ammo won't feed, but I've never cared to try.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 11:48:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Heads up threaded uppers back in stock. Just got a 7.65 threaded upper. Kinda regretting getting my non threaded .22 upper now. Either try to get mine threaded or sell it and get a threaded version.
View Quote
Send it to Morgan at Class3.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 12:45:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Send it to Morgan at Class3.
View Quote
He just did mine. Came back today

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 7:00:30 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote
Morgan does great work.

Question....... I have been looking at picking one of these for a while and doing the same thing. Is there a reason why when getting it threaded, it is not done closer to the collar/ upper reciever?

Thanks in advance......
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#38]
My best guess... You'd need a silencer that's ok with having the muzzle blast 1.5" into the baffle stack.  It may not be an issue since 7.65 isn't exactly a magnum caliber.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#39]
For reference, here's a factory one.  The collet locks to the raised band on a surplus 7.65 barrel.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 1:35:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Morgan does great work.

Question....... I have been looking at picking one of these for a while and doing the same thing. Is there a reason why when getting it threaded, it is not done closer to the collar/ upper reciever?

Thanks in advance......
View Quote
I wondered the same but didn't want it to interfere with the folding stock when I SBR it
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Wish somebody wold make a collet adapter. There is one company that makes a OEM style suppressor but never seen any info on it.
http://www.schreyerweaponsystems.com/AculeusVZ61Suppressor.php
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Those that sbr'd theirs, where did you have it engraved on the frame?
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
I need to know as well

In the mean time...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Very jealous of the full-size mp5...

Mine is engraved on the left-side lower rear, below the selector markings.  If I do another, I may attempt to mark the bottom in front of the mag well.  My "engraving guy" just bought an insane laser setup and can do damn near anything now.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Thanks.  I'll be applying for SBR on mine as soon as it comes.  I've got and uzi and mp5 clone to send in as well.

Link Posted: 3/19/2018 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
I did my own on the bottom of the receiver magwell. The engraver I usually use could not do it because of his setup.
I had a diamond bit and dremel with a flex shaft and did it free hand, not as shaky since I quit drinking. Practiced a few times
on scrap metal. After I was done I put some cold blue on, you have to really look for it to notice.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:11:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Does that really just clamp on?  Why don't commercial manufacturers do that today?
View Quote
Yep.

The only one that does is linked a few posts above.  I think the market is just too small.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top