Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 38
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm looking at the B&T GHM9 Sport (16 inch barrel).

Does B&T make a fixed stock that I can throw on?

Or what are my options?

On the B&T website all I see is a telescoping stock that costs $499.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Update to give B&T owners joy for the company. Last year I sent my Ghm9 to company from out of battery kaboom. Got an email last week of June saying repair was finished and going to FedEx it to me after parts replaced. Received Ghm9 from FedEx delivery yesterday.
Pistol looks brand new with parts replaced. They originally wanted me to buy a new one from them, but after months of waiting they decided to replace and return my pistol.
Thanks to B&T for doing the right thing. I sold the red dot I had on it now looking for a  new system. sy
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Need to enlist the advice of fellow GHM9 owners.  I had a collapsing tail hook. I got my approved form 1 back ($200) version and I have the B&T stock kit,  BT-20546.  I tried to use a T10 to remove the long piece that attaches to the muzzle end of the rail but was unable to budge the screws.  I had the same result with the four screws that hold the brace on the butt end of the rails.  Are they secured with thread locker? Any ideas? How do I get thos screws loose and removed?  Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mragu:
Need to enlist the advice of fellow GHM9 owners.  I had a collapsing tail hook. I got my approved form 1 back ($200) version and I have the B&T stock kit,  BT-20546.  I tried to use a T10 to remove the long piece that attaches to the muzzle end of the rail but was unable to budge the screws.  I had the same result with the four screws that hold the brace on the butt end of the rails.  Are they secured with thread locker? Any ideas? How do I get thos screws loose and removed?  Any help would be appreciated.
View Quote

I ordered a telescopic brace APC9K setup and have been reading related threads trying to get the right parts sourced for the stock conversion. I recall one person outright saying Rocksett was used, which IMO seems unlikely but keep that in mind if you try heat and it still doesn't break. Since I think you can just take the whole back end off with the rails attached, shouldn't be too hard to figure out a way to get those screws either heated for regular threadlock or under water in the event they used rocksett.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone backordered the collapsible stock from B&T, if you did how long did it take before you got it?
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:45:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wormydog1987] [#7]
Finally got my form 1 approved and I think I’ve finalized the GHM9 SBR night vision setup. I haven’t even fired it yet, kinda nervous from all of the problems and blown extractors I’ve seen in this thread.

Link Posted: 10/22/2023 9:48:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Wormydog1987:
Finally got my form 1 approved and I think I’ve finalized the GHM9 SBR night vision setup. I haven’t even fired it yet, kinda nervous from all of the problems and blown extractors I’ve seen in this thread.

https://i.imgur.io/GVcORfg_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
View Quote

Diggin that chest rig, which one is that?
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Traded in my standard GHM9 for the SD version. Now I'm waiting on both Form 1 and 4. Can't wait to shoot this thing.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#11]

I like that sling, who makes it?
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Eastern Shore Sling Company
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By whiplash10:
Eastern Shore Sling Company
View Quote

Ty kindly.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 7:59:55 AM EDT
[#14]
A3 Tactical 20% off until Nov 30th
Great foregrips, stocks and other stuff for B&Ts, Scorpions, etc. along with other stuff
https://a3tactical.com/black-friday-cyber-monday/
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 10:13:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Lets see the guts of your guns.  Here is the tooling on the brand new one I took possession of a few days ago:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/16/2023 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 5:52:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimr2] [#17]
My GHM9's bolt also has tooling marks. However, my APC9 Pro and SPC9 don't. Guessing B&T had to cut corners to keep the price of the GHM9 lower.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 11:12:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I’m going to concede that point.

It shoots great and looks good on the outside for marketing and reputation.  Id have made the same decision I think.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:57:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wormydog1987] [#19]
Mine shows tooling marks but not that bad by far.

I have maybe 500 rounds through mine and it has hung up on some 124gr HST. Want to find a defensive round it likes 100%. Anybody have any recommendations?

ETA mine is gen 2
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 1:37:45 PM EDT
[#20]
So I brought home my new GHM yesterday, and I'm a little....confused? I bought it through a big box retailer who appeared to have a great deal on the Gen 2 standard model. I plopped down the cash, bought several more KCI B&T mags in preparation. Yesterday I go pick it up and it's all there in a nice little nylon sling bag. One 30 round B&T magazine included.

But as I'm looking at it, I notice that the mag well is slanted. It's not marked as a Glock model, so my only guess here is that it's a P320 model (which, coincidentally, I've seen similar sales on). The included tag and model number all indicate that it should be a standard model, though.

So now I'm torn on the next step. I've got inquiries into the retailer as well as B&T about what might have happened- but the chances are that I've now got a P320 model even though I have no P320 magazines. Given what I paid for it, I could grab another lower and still come out about where I would have been at MSRP.

Of course, nobody has the standard lowers available, anyway. I'm also strongly considering just getting the Lingle lower to run Scorpion mags.

In the end, it still feels nice and I'm sure it will run well. It just wasn't what I was expecting.

Now, new question...outfitting for home defense. My plan was an Arisaka 300 series. First impulse is a side MLOK mount, but given the boxier shape of the handguard I'm not sure it woudl fit. Anyone have experience there?
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:37:41 PM EDT
[#21]
My ghm9 didnt have a 3 lug or sling case, so not only did you get the wrong mag setup you also got upgraded!
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:59:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:
My ghm9 didnt have a 3 lug or sling case, so not only did you get the wrong mag setup you also got upgraded!
View Quote

Standard or compact?
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Weird follow up...

Figuring that this just had to be a Sig lower since there aren't any other markings,  I grabbed a 21 round 320 magazine from the shop today. Doesn't lock in. So it must be a Glock model, right? It's odd that there are no markings whatsoever to indicate that.

I've got a CS request in with B&T as well with the serial number info and pictures of the tags to see if they have insight.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#25]
After getting everything sorted out (it was indeed Glock mags), I've been getting things set up//mocked up the way I like. I'm really digging this thing.

Link Posted: 2/27/2024 3:52:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By DisposableHero:
After getting everything sorted out (it was indeed Glock mags), I've been getting things set up//mocked up the way I like. I'm really digging this thing.

https://everydaymarksman.files.wordpress.com/2024/02/ghm-side-4.jpeg
View Quote

It gets better with a brace or stock. Still waiting on my form 1 but in the meantime I have the brace on it. I think I may just leave the brace on it. The stock price is tiny in comparison.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By MK318:

It gets better with a brace or stock. Still waiting on my form 1 but in the meantime I have the brace on it. I think I may just leave the brace on it. The stock price is tiny in comparison.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7469_jpeg-3142734.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7470_jpeg-3142735.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7255_jpeg-3142736.JPG
View Quote

What charging handle is that?
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#28]
It is a standard B&T folding charging handle with Neoteric Design extended lever. So you have to buy the B&T folding charging handle and the extended latch. It is $189 total. Pricy, but it gives you way more leverage. Makes locking the bolt back to the rear a breeze. I had shoulder surgery last year and my left arm strength isn’t quite back there yet so I needed the extra leverage. It also made it easier for the wife to work the bolt.

https://bt-parts.com/bt-450076-foldable-charging-handle/

https://neotericdesigns.net/shop/ols/products/b-and-t-pro-extended-charging-handle-for-223-slash-300-slash-308/v/BT-PRO-XCH1
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#29]
It is a standard B&T folding charging handle with Neoteric Design extended lever. So you have to buy the B&T folding charging handle and the extended latch. It is $189 total. Pricy, but it gives you way more leverage. Makes locking the bolt back to the rear a breeze. I had shoulder surgery last year and my left arm strength isn’t quite back there yet so I needed the extra leverage. It also made it easier for the wife to work the bolt.

https://neotericdesigns.net/shop/ols/products/b-and-t-pro-extended-charging-handle-for-223-slash-300-slash-308/v/BT-PRO-XCH1
View Quote

Thanks for the response and info.  I was hoping it was an aftermarket CH as the b&t folder doesn't work in my GHM9.  The receiver on mine is out of spec and the folding CH binds up.  I tried an aftermarket fixed CH and it works fine.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:43:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#30]
Originally Posted By Jeepsnguns81:

Thanks for the response and info.  I was hoping it was an aftermarket CH as the b&t folder doesn't work in my GHM9.  The receiver on mine is out of spec and the folding CH binds up.  I tried an aftermarket fixed CH and it works fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That sucks. I’ve heard people having that problem with the folding CH. The extended latch may add enough clearance for you because the way it is designed it isn't as close to the receiver as the stock latch but at $200 (when you factor in shipping), it is a lot to pay to find out. I was lucky I guess in that mine didn’t have that spec issue. The folding CH is nice in that it is folded and out of the way. I tried to keep that side of the gun a low profile as possible. I was concerned that the extended latch and the bolt moving would create an issue with my left hand placement but it hasn’t.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#31]
I placed an order for the GHM9 SD upper back in December last year. Has anyone heard anything about when they can be expected to arrive stateside? I suppose it's possible that B&T hasn't even manufactured the next batch yet.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#32]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7469_jpeg-3142734.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7470_jpeg-3142735.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7255_jpeg-3142736.JPG
View Quote

I agree. I much prefer the tailhook over the stock end. The stock end is way too small.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:20:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Standard or compact?
View Quote

Pretty sure its the compact
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Traded a Sig 556 for a virgin GHM9

10 minutes later

Now to go shopping
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:

Pretty sure its the compact
View Quote

AFAIK, none of the compacts come with the 3 lug but the standards do.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:

They had my TP9 after a OOB incident for about 9 months. But I got it back.
View Quote

Did you watch the Youtuber video about his alleged OOB incident? B&T said it's impossible to fire OOB and the video shows why. Interesting take from B&T including their reasoning for the issues, not overcharged round but undercharged!!
Yes it's designed and tested for high pressure rounds, interesting none the less but it obviously is happening. I had my first outing today with my GHM9 enhanced and was pleasantly surprised how well it functioned with ETS mags, factory no so much. With 158gr. subs it was movie quiet on an old Gemtech Tundra which was amazing to me.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:44:05 PM EDT
[#37]
For guys who have installed MDs, what did you use to hold the barrel while torquing on the MD?  I want to put a 3 lug adapter on my C, so I can run the B&T can.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#38]
So, I currently own two GHM9 compacts - both stamped (one has the telescoping stock and the other has the folder). I love the platform. I also have two APCs, a first gen and a K model, both SBR’d. Again, love the platform but actually kind of prefer the GHM9.

So, I was offered a great deal on the GHM9-SD factory SBR with the telescoping stock. I jumped on it immediately. Anyone have any experiences they want to share? I really didn’t need any more subguns (I have so many I really have lost county, but love them all). Love to hear any experiences with the SD.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#39]
I have a GHM9 standard looking for a side folder. Brace. I have a Tailhook 1. Looking for a sling rear attachment.
Which sight system do you prefer?
Thanks. Put a POF. Trigger in it no problem much better.
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Project update. Now in two flavors.

Got the upper how I like it with the Arisaka 300, Unity Axon SL switch, and the EOTech on a riser I had laying around.

Put a Magpul K2-XL on the lower. It's...fine.

Then I got a hair up my butt and got a Lingle lower for scorpion mags. Finished it with a B5 P23 grip, Triggertech Duty PCC trigger, and Triggertech safety. Digging it so far.

Page / 38
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top