Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 38
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 11:36:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Gunstore should have it next Thursday or Friday.  

This is worse than waiting for a stamp.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 12:07:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Furyataurus:

View Quote

With USPS being what it is I wouldn't' be surprised if it's even a bit longer. Kid you not I'm waiting 4+ weeks for a magazine that I ordered.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 1:19:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Furyataurus] [#3]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:

From my first NFA engraving to my GHM-45, I've had exceptional service all along the way. Love those guys.
I gotta send them an email. I bought my GHM-45 but I think I'm going to keep that as a pistol. I'd like to use the free engraving on my TP9....which I gotta file paperwork for, lol.
What's the easiest way everyoens going about it these days? I havent' done anything since 41F. So I have a trust. I do have a trustee that I'm no longer in contact with so I'll have to remove him if I use my typical trust first.
View Quote

I'd remove everyone but the main trustee???

Think you can add/remove as you like, you just need finger prints, photo etc...for everyone on the trust you send in.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 1:56:32 AM EDT
[#4]

I'd remove everyone but the main trustee???

Think you can add/remove as you like, you just need finger prints, photo etc...for everyone on the trust you send in.
View Quote

Yeah I was curious if doing an individual was easier these days or if most people were still doing trusts.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 2:35:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Yeah I was curious if doing an individual was easier these days or if most people were still doing trusts.
View Quote

From the paperwork perspective,, I consider it almost equivalent as each named individual still has to do their form, fingerprints and photo.   There are differences while completing the form and the addition of the trust paperwork.  In a way, you are registering the form to one person (individual) or a group of people/trustees/responsible persons (trust or corporation).

We've lost the trust benefit of sending in a form in lieu of individual prints/photos/signatures.  Of course,  there are the various trust benefits that are outside the paperwork process.  If you will only have one person on the trust, there is not as much benefit to file as a trust (other than different engraving as a maker/Form 1).
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 9:40:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By HeavyArtillery:

From the paperwork perspective,, I consider it almost equivalent as each named individual still has to do their form, fingerprints and photo.   There are differences while completing the form and the addition of the trust paperwork.  In a way, you are registering the form to one person (individual) or a group of people/trustees/responsible persons (trust or corporation).

We've lost the trust benefit of sending in a form in lieu of individual prints/photos/signatures.  Of course,  there are the various trust benefits that are outside the paperwork process.  If you will only have one person on the trust, there is not as much benefit to file as a trust (other than different engraving as a maker/Form 1).
View Quote

Okay, yeah a few years back the Kiosks and different F1 services were becoming popular. I don't think they're available anymore, lol.
Regardless the process doesn't seem to be too much harder than before. I'll probably just do my trust to make life easier, so first step is to remove trustee. Sent an email to my trust maker(?) to see what they recommend. If they give me some weird answer or if I don't hear back I'll do an individual.
EZ-PZ.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone hear of full size, b&t mag, 9mm guns coming in soon? I read it's been a year since they've been imported?
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:43:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Furyataurus] [#8]
Originally Posted By KC-ROUGHNECK:
Anyone hear of full size, b&t mag, 9mm guns coming in soon? I read it's been a year since they've been imported?
View Quote

B&T webshop says 4-6 weeks.

That's why i went with glock lower for ghm9.

I am stuck with b&t mags for my ghm45.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:49:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I got my AFG from Custom Smith Manufacturing, and it makes all the difference in the world.(and they sent (3) stickers..A+ CSM!)
Way more natural feel and much better control. I love how it continues the lines along the take down pins...
Kinda ties my optic in to the whole motif too

Now Trigger.  I’ve heard the Geissele that was made for these is not great, and I kinda want Single stage.  What AR triggers work, and what’s the difference?  

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:59:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a geissele s3g trigger in mine, went in with zero mods.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Finally.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Hell yeah man, congrats!!! Look like an awesome pair.
View Quote

Thanks!!!

Fit an finish is awesome.

The 45 mag is a thing of beauty.

The price on a 45 mag isn't.

Anyone know of any ghm45 mags for less than $108 from tarheel???

Contacted silencer shop and they are sending me 2 sets of finger prints for the 2 form 1's I'm going to send off.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:46:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyArtillery] [#14]
View Quote

I would recommend keeping an eye on the B&T USA webstore as they have periodic deals.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:52:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: n2oiroc] [#15]
can someone with the sd handguard measure it for me? i'm looking for the face of receiver to the end of the handguard length. thanks!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Thanks!!!

Fit an finish is awesome.

The 45 mag is a thing of beauty.

The price on a 45 mag isn't.

Contacted silencer shop and they are sending me 2 sets of finger prints for the 2 form 1's I'm going to send off.
View Quote

If you aren't already, I recommend e-filing. eForm 1s are coming back in less than 30 days. Pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:31:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Furyataurus] [#17]
nevermind, I've already printed out the paper forms and prefer paper as well.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#18]
nevermind, I've already printed out the paper forms and prefer paper as well.

View Quote

Lol. It takes 5 minutes to input the info, but you do you, buddy!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:59:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By n2oiroc:
can someone with the sd handguard measure it for me? i'm looking for the face of receiver to the end of the handguard length. thanks!
View Quote

@n2oiroc

5.79”

And email me if you want one as I have a brand new spare still wrapped.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:47:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:

@n2oiroc

5.79”

And email me if you want one as I have a brand new spare still wrapped.
View Quote

thanks! i was bored last night and ordered one. guess i should have waited a few hours.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#21]
So apparently the offer a buffer for an AR now similar to that of the GHM series.
I'm going to grab one at some point, it makes me wonder why more companies don't do something similar. Seems like an easy fix to make a more soft shooting PCC or ar-15.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:38:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyArtillery] [#22]
So apparently the offer a buffer for an AR now similar to that of the GHM series.
I'm going to grab one at some point, it makes me wonder why more companies don't do something similar. Seems like an easy fix to make a more soft shooting PCC or ar-15.
View Quote

There are actually a number of hydraulic buffers available for the AR.  The Kynshot hydraulic buffer is a popular commercial example.  Some of these are also marketed as rate-reducing buffers.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone have the overall length for ghm45 and ghm9???

Sent mine off before measuring them.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:24:56 PM EDT
[#24]

There are actually a number of hydraulic buffers available for the AR.  The Kynshot hydraulic buffer is a popular commercial example.  Some of these are also marketed as rate-reducing buffers.
View Quote

I must be getting old. As soon as I saw them I remember seeing them in a video somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#25]
I just got a GHM9C Gen 2.  Straight magazine version.

Question - Should the bolt lock open on the last round?

Hand cycling, mine does not lock on an empty magazine.  I tried two different mags.  I also tried hand cycling with snap caps.  I can manually lock it open with the button on the bottom aft edge of the mag well, but not with empty mags.

I'm pretty sure it should lock on empty mag.  If so has anyone else had similar issue?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Rope-A-Dope:

Hand cycling, mine does not lock on an empty magazine.  I tried two different mags.  I also tried hand cycling with snap caps.  I can manually lock it open with the button on the bottom aft edge of the mag well, but not with empty mags.

I'm pretty sure it should lock on empty mag.  If so has anyone else had similar issue?
View Quote

GHM9 glock lower here.

Bolt locks back on empty mags.

Yes, yours should lock back on an empty mag.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Rope-A-Dope:

View Quote

My APC9-G does the same thing. But locks back on empty as it should with live rounds.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:59:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DSArms_FAL] [#28]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:34:53 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

I ordered a GHM9C from Big Daddy a few days after Christmas and still haven’t even gotten shipping info yet... they decided to do warehouse systems upgrades during the busiest time of the year.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By LHshooterOH:

I ordered a GHM9C from Big Daddy a few days after Christmas and still haven’t even gotten shipping info yet... they decided to do warehouse systems upgrades during the busiest time of the year.
View Quote

Damn, I ordered mine on 12/29/20 from tar heel and picked them up on 01/07/21 from my gun store here in TX.

GHM45 is still in stock at tar heel.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:54:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wallace91] [#31]
Found the screw. I can’t get images to embed. Weird I want to post my GHM45 and Kel-Tec CP33 braced.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By wallace91:
Hey B&T GHM community, I can't find the screw to my folding brace assembly when I got my parts bag from B&T. This is the same screw to keep the brace on for the TP9 or GHM9.

I am hoping it's something I could maybe buy at a local hardware store but I'm pretty sure the screw steps down so I'm prob out of luck. Also, can anyone think of any B&T specific stores like Tar heel state or maybe Copper Custom?

I know it's this part. (parts 30116- Folding stock Axle)

https://imgur.com/gallery/PKE2os1
View Quote

Your pic is broken but I'm about 99.99% certain you won't find a screw at a hardware store. Best to call B&T.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#33]
The link comes up for me, weird.... trouble embedding it I guess.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:00:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#34]
EDIT: I was gonna fix it for you while I waited in line at the post office, lol.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:19:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyArtillery] [#35]
Originally Posted By wallace91:
The link comes up for me, weird.... trouble embedding it I guess.
View Quote

When you select a picture from imgur, you can go to the options on the right-hand side and copy the Direct Link to the image (second one down, you'll note the URL includes the image type such as .jpg at the end).  This will embed the image instead of linking to the full page (which does cause problems for some users/images).
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#36]

When you select a picture from imgur, you can go to the options on the right-hand side and copy the Direct Link to the image (second one down, you'll note the URL includes the image type such as .jpg at the end).  This will embed the image instead of linking to the full page (which does cause problems for some users/images).
View Quote

I dont know about the imgur full site, but in the app they got rid of the direct link. I now have to tap the image, share to duckduckgo, copy the web address, change the "/m" to "/i" and add .jpg at the end to be able to post pics.

Since I haven't seen it posted in here yet, Scorpion mag lowers... https://www.instagram.com/p/CKzhpSFLx1O/?igshid=19bhghj6p7o2a
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Straight GHM9 mag feed lips are sharp sons-a-guns.

I cut my thumb loading.

Has anyone experimented with breaking the sharp edges a bit?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:38:56 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm debating where I want to go with my GHM-45. The brace route would almost cost more than just a stamp with a Gen2 stock. It would be more 'right'.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:50:21 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm debating where I want to go with my GHM-45. The brace route would almost cost more than just a stamp with a Gen2 stock. It would be more 'right'.
View Quote

SBR, always SBR.

Makes a great car/truck gun.

ATF just charged my card last week for my two F1 stamps.

Sent two F1s at the same time in the same envelope and one copy of my trust.

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:59:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mcharest] [#41]
Just curious, has anyone tried to mount a PMM skeleton stock on a Picatinny adaptor-equipped GHM9? Love the look of the PMM stocks but I'm not sure how the LOP would be affected or whether the stock would obscure the trigger group when folded.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 10:58:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Col__Kurtz:
Does anyone know if the jet funnel fits the GHM9?

Or at least if it uses the same lower as the APC9?
View Quote

It fits. I have one on my GHM9 compact gen 2.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
Scorpiom mag lower video
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CLVXVTAgL-W/?igshid=1lr7lsfzjtyrl
View Quote

That's interesting
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Ok I'm seriously looking into getting one of these GHM9's. I really like the idea of the compact especially for how small and portable it is. For those that own it, is it annoying how little space there is for your support hand? I reckon you either do a Maxwell grip or a slightly angled grip above the Maxwell. The Glock lower looks like it might make that more comfortable.

What are people's thoughts on the Glock lower versus standard. Reliability better with one of them? Most people site cheaper price of Glock mags for reason to go there but a 30 rd Glock mag is still like $35 so its not that much cheaper.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By timewaster1700:
Ok I'm seriously looking into getting one of these GHM9's. I really like the idea of the compact especially for how small and portable it is. For those that own it, is it annoying how little space there is for your support hand? I reckon you either do a Maxwell grip or a slightly angled grip above the Maxwell. The Glock lower looks like it might make that more comfortable.

What are people's thoughts on the Glock lower versus standard. Reliability better with one of them? Most people site cheaper price of Glock mags for reason to go there but a 30 rd Glock mag is still like $35 so its not that much cheaper.

Thanks
View Quote

Personally for me, I'll have the charging handle on the right side. It's easy to grab on the left side but gets in the way a lot. It's easy enough to reach over when you need to run the bolt. I'll c clamp even with my meaty mitts theres enough room where I'm not concerned I'll shoot my fingers off.
With that being said, it's a pistol...if it were an SBR would I use a VFG? maybe. Hard to say without hands on experience. I may put one on there and then decide to take it off.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for the response! Do you have the standard lower or glock lower and what’s been your experience with it?
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 10:25:53 AM EDT
[#47]

Thanks
View Quote

I have a C.  Grip wise I generally did magwell until I put on the BT VFG (Yes I Form 1'd mine).  Mine has been 100% reliable with both the standard lower/mags and Glock lower/mags, but I mainly run Blazer Brass and Magtech, not HP or flat nose stuff.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Mine has ran flawless on the Glock and B&T lower almost exclusively with Speer gold dots. I know others have not been so lucky but I haven’t had one single issue
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Thanks for the response! Do you have the standard lower or glock lower and what’s been your experience with it?
View Quote

I have a 45, lol.
But I do plan on getting a 9 at some point.
I wouldn't go with the Glock mags. They're ugly as sin. Mags can break but B&T typically has very good customer support. B&T guns are used by professionals with those mags, so that's good enough for me. I will say though the polymer mags should be $20 tops. I'm a total nerd for swiss engineering but the mags are just "meh". No crazy cool features, no crazy polymer level of quality, personally I think a PMAG is better quality. So when I can get a PMAG for $12 but these mags are $50? Yeah that's not the best thing ever. But like you said factory 33rd glock mags are going to be $35.  I know the mags are an area of hot debate. So this is just my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 3:17:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CJofFL] [#50]
-deleted, wrong thread-
Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top