Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 38
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 3:09:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LeDracos49:
Definitely looking at getting one.  Hopefully for my birthday.  any clue where to get the 8.9" barrel and handguard?  Cheers
View Quote
I picked up the entire set, which includes the can, handgaurd, barrel and tools at THSF. It was a great deal, basically the cost of a can, for the entire setup.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 3:11:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By DetroitSounds:

That's legit. Well done. Curious - Considering how lightweight the overall gun/ ass end of it is, is that setup pretty front heavy/ unbalanced or what?
View Quote
Thank you! I haven't spent a ton of time shooting it yet, besides the one range trip, around 150 rounds or so. That said it didn't feel front heavy at all, even with the can, DBAL and scout light.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 5:30:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 28rndslater] [#3]
Wrong B&T thread.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 5:44:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#4]
Wrong thread ....but no worries
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 5:46:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By bestiller:
@28rndslater

Jeremy Azinger is the B&T CS rep. Regarding the bad magazines.  He may be a little slow responding to your email but he will exchange the bad magazines. I’ve exchanged magazines
View Quote
Awesome! Bad mags happen....Im not one to get all worked up over it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 3:21:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DetroitSounds:
Anyone know WTF is up with this stock being unavailable...everywhere? Did it ever exist?

SBR'd my GHM9 Gen 2, not a fan of the tiny stock that goes onto the telescoping brace.

Edit: Or it looks like the APC9 stock that goes onto the telescope is bigger. Am I right to assume that APC telescope is wider and would not fit the GHM9?

http://i.imgur.com/eaflVr6.jpg" target="_blank">http://i.imgur.com/eaflVr6.jpg
View Quote
I'm in the same boat, I really want to SBR my gen 2 but without this stock being available it seems pointless.   I emailed Scott at THSF a couple months ago and he said no ETA.  I'm signed up for every email notification I can find.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By EmC_BRD:

I'm in the same boat, I really want to SBR my gen 2 but without this stock being available it seems pointless.   I emailed Scott at THSF a couple months ago and he said no ETA.  I'm signed up for every email notification I can find.
View Quote
I have the GHM9 telescoping stock and the GHM9 stock on my TP9 and I will say that the GHM9 stock is much smaller from a surface area on your shoulder perspective
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 4:58:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DetroitSounds] [#8]

View Quote
I did the same thing. Signed up for back in stock notifications. Got lucky a few days ago. Atlantic firearms emailed me, I happen to be in front of my computer so paid for it 2 minutes after I got the email. They only had one.

So far, I think it's the most streamlined of them all. Yeah, not a lot of real estate against the shoulder but the way it locks into the lower is really nice and I prefer how it feels on your cheek compared to the telescope. One big downside to the Gen 2 folding stock - I've been using the Glock lower and there is no notch on the lower for the stock to snap into, so for now I'm going back to the B&T lower, until I figure something out.

I've only been into the B&T for a couple months now but definitely seems to be an issue getting your hands on parts/ accessories. I'd also like to buy the carbine length barrel/ rail. Can't find the tiny little hand stop anywhere either.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone gotten their GHM9 running properly without the glock lower? If so what have you done?
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 8:02:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimr2] [#10]
Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten mine to function 100% with the factory magazines.  I've wasted hundreds of dollars testing different ammo.  So I've given up on the factory lower and magazines.  Also B&T USA still hasn't contacted me about the final resolution and last I heard from them was Oct. 28.  I even posted videos of the FTFs on the Facebook group and they've been quiet.

The Glock lower has run everything I've thrown at it and I haven't cleaned it since I got the Glock lower.

Anyway, I picked up some RailScales and Custom Smith's new Tailhook host.

Link Posted: 12/10/2019 9:37:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ripro:
Has anyone gotten their GHM9 running properly without the glock lower? If so what have you done?
View Quote
You mean with ANY grain bullet?   Lots of people have no problems with 115 or 124’s.

The way your post is worded it sounds like you can’t get ANY grain bullet to function in yours?
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 10:37:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Although I've mainly been running the Glock lower, I have put at least 500 rounds through the B&T lower. Only issues I had was about 5% failures with Speer 147's, but I had the same failures with the Glock lower. My summation was simply that the mouse doesn't love flat nosed bullets, so when I run suppressed I use round nosed subsonic, which there's plenty of them out there.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 10:39:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Kent:

You mean with ANY grain bullet?   Lots of people have no problems with 115 or 124’s.

The way your post is worded it sounds like you can’t get ANY grain bullet to function in yours?
View Quote
It runs better with 115 but I still get jams every couple mags and more so with a suppressor. In fairness I haven't sent it in but that doesn't seem to be resolving issues for any one else which is why I'm asking what works.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 12:03:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kent] [#14]
Originally Posted By ripro:

It runs better with 115 but I still get jams every couple mags and more so with a suppressor. In fairness I haven't sent it in but that doesn't seem to be resolving issues for any one else which is why I'm asking what works.
View Quote
I see.  I’m running mostly the cheap stuff — WWB 115 and AE 124 (all fmj) in my OEM BT lower, and have not yet had a single malf.   Also, I don’t own a suppressor so my own experience is limited to unsuppressed usage only.

Edited to add:   I’ve got a gen “1.5” GHM9 -  the 1st gen model, but with the “improved” feedramp.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 1:15:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Heads up for anyone else looking, Atlantic has the gen 2 stocks available.

Atlantic Firearms
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 1:59:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Atlantic Firearms
View Quote
Just keep in mind if you are interested in that stock and you're running a Glock lower, the stock will not lock into the lower when folded like it does with the B&T lower.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Finally, heard back from B&T USA.  They said they've been out of stock of GHM9s for a while and are hoping to receive some from B&T AG.  Once they are back in stock, they would send me a replacement.  They are expecting some soon but god knows when they'll actually get them.

Honestly, I'm tired of dealing with them, especially since I've been dealing with this for almost half a year.  I just finished my radiation treatments and need to focus on getting my health back.  My GHM9 runs perfectly with Glock magazines and there's no guarantee the replacement will run better.  I just asked them for the swag they promised but never sent.

I hope no ones else goes through the crap I had to go through.  Especially the part of getting cancer and almost dying from the surgery to remove it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Well it would appear that the Gen2 upgrade is a flop for me,just purchased a Gen 2 GHM9 a few days ago and after trying 6 different brands of hollow point ammo ,to the tune of about 150 rounds ,it will not cycle any more than 10 rounds then jams or misfeeds,Mine runs all the flat nose 147gr and round ball 115/124 gr rounds but you load up defense ammo and she is done dealing .Very Sad to pay this much and not be able to rely on such a nice weapon where attention to detail/quality craftsmanship   is everywhere but in an area where you would you need it the most ,reliable feeding of defense ammo.Especially when your buddies spend half as much on Cz Scorpions and other 9mm PCC/PDW Gun’s and have zero issues .
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Holy shit!
I know Atlantic has high prices but $69.95 for a $45.00 Magazine is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Medic31:
Well it would appear that the Gen2 upgrade is a flop for me,just purchased a Gen 2 GHM9 a few days ago and after trying 6 different brands of hollow point ammo ,to the tune of about 150 rounds ,it will not cycle any more than 10 rounds then jams or misfeeds,Mine runs all the flat nose 147gr and round ball 115/124 gr rounds but you load up defense ammo and she is done dealing .Very Sad to pay this much and not be able to rely on such a nice weapon where attention to detail/quality craftsmanship   is everywhere but in an area where you would you need it the most ,reliable feeding of defense ammo.Especially when your buddies spend half as much on Cz Scorpions and other 9mm PCC/PDW Gun's and have zero issues .
View Quote
Not to mention the best scorpion mags are $15 from PSA
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Of course it's unfortunate so many people have issues with HP's in the GHM9 but I don't think the Scorpion really compares. Yeah, it's way cheaper all around and may be generally more reliable across the board, but the B&T really is in a different class. But hey, nothing wrong with the Scorpion, it's an awesome gun for sure, especially for the $$. Maybe I got lucky but my GHM9 runs Gold dots and Hornaday's flawlessly. Although I was getting about 5% failures originally with the Speer 147's, my last range trip only had one FTF out of 200 with the Speers. Good luck all!

I'm an inch away from buying the B&T 988100 suppressor for my GHM9, anyone else have one?
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Found a Hollow point that seems to run well,Hornady Critical Duty 124gr +p
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 1:59:03 AM EDT
[#23]
My biggest complaint so far is that the mag release is backwards.  There's a button on the left and a lever on the right.

Being used to AR type controls, my fingers are long enough to overlap the lever and I find myself pressing on it really hard and not releasing the mag because I'm not on the end of the lever.  I have to conciously move my finger back to press just the very end of the lever, or change up to strip the mag first.  I would greatly prefer not to have to do either.

I found the mag pretty hard to load as well.  But I only have the one so far to test with.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#24]
I rarely see any pics or talk about B&T guns outside of APC9 and GHM9, so I started a B&T picture thread. Plus, so many pages on this and the APC9 thread it's hard to find pics in between all the chatter.

Brugger Thomet picture thread
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 3:47:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Really dumb question. Does the apc9k stock fit ghm9? The one I am talking about just has a flat butt at the end.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 4:38:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Isozaki:
Really dumb question. Does the apc9k stock fit ghm9? The one I am talking about just has a flat butt at the end.
View Quote
I’m assuming you are talking about the telescopic stock? The APC9 stock does not fit the GHM9 but there is a telescoping stock/brace adapter made for the GHM9 that you can use the flat stock with.

As seen here:

Link Posted: 1/6/2020 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#27]
You are correct sir. Thank you for the answer
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:47:28 PM EDT
[#28]
What is the difference between ghm9 gen 1 and gen 2 lowers? Can a Glock lower be modified to fit a gen 1?
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:54:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By sleepygreen:
What is the difference between ghm9 gen 1 and gen 2 lowers? Can a Glock lower be modified to fit a gen 1?
View Quote
A gen 2 lower will fit on a gen 1 gun just fine. The bolt has to be modified to work with the Glock mags however. Gen 2 guns already come with the Glock compatible bolts.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 12:05:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kent] [#30]
Originally Posted By mak0:

A gen 2 lower will fit on a gen 1 gun just fine. The bolt has to be modified to work with the Glock mags however. Gen 2 guns already come with the Glock compatible bolts.
View Quote
To be clear — if you are talking about GHM9’s — A Gen2 GLOCK lower will NOT function on an unmodified Gen 1 upper— both the Gen1 bolt AND the Gen1 upper must be modified to use Glock lowers.  (I just had B&T do this mod to my Gen1 GHM9)
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 12:20:42 AM EDT
[#31]

To be clear — if you are talking about GHM9’s — A Gen2 GLOCK lower will NOT function on an unmodified Gen 1 upper— both the Gen1 bolt AND the Gen1 upper must be modified to use Glock lowers.  (I just had B&T do this mod to my Gen1 GHM9)
View Quote
Good to hear I can have the work done. Anyone know where I can get the Glock receiver in stock?
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 8:38:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sleepygreen] [#32]
Picture of the my GHM9 which I believe to be Gen 1.  Can someone post a similar picture of their Gen 2 to show me what gets machined for Glock magazine compatibility?  Sorry she's dirty, just got back from the range.
Thanks

Link Posted: 1/11/2020 8:57:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kent] [#33]
Picture of the my GHM9 which I believe to be Gen 1.  Can someone post a similar picture of their Gen 2 to show me what gets machined for Glock magazine compatibility?  Sorry she's dirty, just got back from the range.
Thanks

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49370306387_6ec05b9e9c_z.jpg
View Quote
Check my thread (link below) — good pics on my Gen1 that was upgraded to gen2/Glock lower capabilities by B&T, and what was done :

Here

Can’t tell for sure from your pic, but it looks like your bolt *may* have the gen2 cuts, but your upper receiver is definitely Gen1, and would need the B&T machining.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Check my thread (link below) — good pics on my Gen1 that was upgraded to gen2/Glock lower capabilities by B&T, and what was done :

Here

Can’t tell for sure from your pic, but it looks like your bolt *may* have the gen2 cuts, but your upper receiver is definitely Gen1, and would need the B&T machining.
View Quote
Thank you.  I agree that it does look like my bolt has the cuts.  I sent Jeremy an email.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 3:56:36 AM EDT
[#35]
I bought my ghm9 second hand. It has the telescoping stock. I read that it should have come with the pistol end cap (stock adapter). Does anyone have one or know where I can get one?
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#36]
I bought my ghm9 second hand. It has the telescoping stock. I read that it should have come with the pistol end cap (stock adapter). Does anyone have one or know where I can get one?
View Quote
Have you called b&t?
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 2:43:46 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote
I would sell you mine if I were home
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#38]

Atlantic Firearms
View Quote
Theres one in the EE for less than 100$
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#39]
The folding stock looks like it is only compatible with gen 2 because of the latch location correct? Does using a gen 2 lower allow the use of this stock? It looks like the upper is machined with the lower on gen 1 but from pictures it looks like only the lower on gen 2?
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Trying to fit a Vortex UH1 on my GHM9.  The rail seems to be a couple mm too wide.

Very disappointing.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 8:06:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dirtyharriett] [#41]
Originally Posted By CaverX:
Trying to fit a Vortex UH1 on my GHM9.  The rail seems to be a couple mm too wide.

Very disappointing.
View Quote
This may or may not be your situation but I have noticed on multiple occasions that some style mounts will not work on B&T rails. I don't think the rails are too wide... it seems to be that they are too short in height. A lot of mounting systems require that you cock the mount at an angle and kind of rock in onto the rail. Systems that are designed like this will not work a lot of the time. I've had to use different mounts OR in some cases slide the optic mount on from the rear and then re-attach the slide in bolts through the grooves in the rail. This takes away some aspects of quick disconnect but at least in many cases you can still mount the optic using a mount you already have. This may or may not work with your current Vortex mount.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:08:31 PM EDT
[#42]
New guy here. My 2018 production gen 2 compact was also having feed issues with flat point 147g lawman, 147g magtech jhp’s, and 158g fiocchi. I sent it in and they machined the barrel and installed a new feed ramp. The flat lip that caught the rounds is gone. All those rounds hand cycle and run 100% now in the 90 rounds ive tried. I dont have a before pic, but here it is after the fix.

Link Posted: 1/19/2020 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By n2oiroc:
New guy here. My 2018 production gen 2 compact was also having feed issues with flat point 147g lawman, 147g magtech jhp’s, and 158g fiocchi. I sent it in and they machined the barrel and installed a new feed ramp. The flat lip that caught the rounds is gone. All those rounds hand cycle and run 100% now in the 90 rounds ive tried. I dont have a before pic, but here it is after the fix.
View Quote
That's great.  Since these weren't originally designed around hollow-points, I personally think B&T has been learning as they go.  I've been waiting for the point when the fixes are functioning reliably and can be incorporated into the base design.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#44]

https://i.imgur.com/IBeaM6t.jpg
View Quote
That ramp looks much better. I don’t really want to have to send my whole gun out for the fix but good to know they’re finally getting around to addressing the issue.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#45]
New guy here. My 2018 production gen 2 compact was also having feed issues with flat point 147g lawman, 147g magtech jhp's, and 158g fiocchi. I sent it in and they machined the barrel and installed a new feed ramp. The flat lip that caught the rounds is gone. All those rounds hand cycle and run 100% now in the 90 rounds ive tried. I dont have a before pic, but here it is after the fix.

View Quote
If B&T would have done that to mine, I would have kept it. If they can machine the barrel to feed lip like that moving forward, then the only thing B&T needs is someone to make better, cheaper mags.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:18:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Hox:
If B&T would have done that to mine, I would have kept it. If they can machine the barrel to feed lip like that moving forward, then the only thing B&T needs is someone to make better, cheaper mags.
View Quote
B&T will do it for you if you send it in. And they also have a solution for the mags, the Glock lower.

Speaking of which, any word on when we will see some of the Glock lowers in stock?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#47]

B&T will do it for you if you send it in. And they also have a solution for the mags, the Glock lower.

Speaking of which, any word on when we will see some of the Glock lowers in stock?
View Quote
I did send it in. What they did for me did not leave a good taste in my mouth, and buying another lower is an added expense to an already expensive gun. And I think the glock mag sticking out of the B&T is uglier than sin personally
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Hox:
I did send it in. What they did for me did not leave a good taste in my mouth, and buying another lower is an added expense to an already expensive gun. And I think the glock mag sticking out of the B&T is uglier than sin personally
View Quote
i think this repair is pretty new as b&t usa was waiting on a fix from the main office. if this fix didnt work i would have sold the gun. i feel the same way about the glock lowers and i have no interest in buying glock mags and a $450 lower when i already spent good money on a gun that was supposed to run on this ammo out of the box. in the end they made it right and i really like the gun so im happy.

for anyone having issues, contact them and let them know exactly what ammo is causing the issue. make sure it is more than 1 type of common ammo and that you NEED it to run 100%. dont spend any money on a different lower or mags, they said it would run on flat nose and jhp's and you need to hold them to it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#49]
To each his/her own but I’ll 2nd the motion on the Glock lower looking like a Keltec, Tapco bastard child.
Sorry to all those who had feeding issues. I stock pile mainly bulk FMJ and Hornady Critical Defense and that’s all I’ve ever run through my B&T guns and haven’t had any issues. I have however had a magazine that didn’t function which B&T replaced.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
Glad to hear they finally have a fix.  Can't say I'm too happy with how B&T USA dealt with me.  Half a year dealing with this issue along with cancer was not a good experience.

By the way my recovery is going well but I need to have surgery again in March to revise some things from the original surgery.  Thankfully it's nothing major and won't have to worry about almost dying like last time.

I don't like the look with the Glock lower either but mine has been flawless with it.  Also I have a bunch of glocks so getting the Glock lower wasn't a big deal.  But now I have factory B&T mags sitting around doing nothing.

My local Palmetto State Armory store has a APC9K Pro and a APC9 Pro.  I orignally wanted the APC9 and I regret getting the GHM9 so much.  Everytime I go there I ask to look at the APC9s and I'm so tempted to get one.  I might buy one as birthday present to my self in a couple weeks.  Hopefully, I have better luck with the APC9 and don't have to deal with B&T USA again.
Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top