Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 38
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 9:11:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Top_Secret:
Ugh, guess I'm going to have to buy one of these now that they have that sliding brace option.
View Quote
I guess I will have to join you................after handling one, I am sold
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:17:19 AM EDT
[#2]
The GHM9 Compact will most assuredly find its way to my safe.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:20:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By bestiller:
View Quote
Mine too... but I don't think it is supposed to come out till 2019.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:48:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: s1g] [#4]

Using the Techsmith MFG adaptor and Tailhook, and the Sig Romeo on the low mount.

The Techsmith MFG adapter on factory collapsible and Tailhook, Trijicon MRO, ADM Löw Mount, KAC Handstop, Inforce WML.

Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:07:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By s1g:
https://i.imgur.com/lc40WWO.jpg

Using the Techsmith MFG adaptor and Tailhook, and the Sig Romeo on the low mount.

https://i.imgur.com/cQkf6Pk.jpg

The Techsmith MFG adapter on factory collapsible and Tailhook, Trijicon MRO, ADM Löw Mount, KAC Handstop, Inforce WML.

https://i.imgur.com/0x8QRpe.jpg
View Quote
How do you like the Techsmith products? I am pondering similar for my Zenith pistol using Kriss vector parts similar to the one they have on the front page of their website and want to know how sturdy they are
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By cyclone:

How do you like the Techsmith products? I am pondering similar for my Zenith pistol using Kriss vector parts similar to the one they have on the front page of their website and want to know how sturdy they are
View Quote
Two thumbs up for Techsmith products!  Great company to deal with, stands by what he makes!  My 2 cents!
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#7]
The adapters are very sturdy.  After I (and many others) purchased the adapter for the GHM9, the company developed a small part to keep the stock closed when folded as opposed to flopping back and forth.  They automatically sent that part to customers that previously purchased the adapter with instructions and parts.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Excellent...... thanks for the replies...... thinking hard about getting one for my Zenith to replace the SB tactical brace I have on it
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By dirtyharriett:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bestiller:
And B&T typically runs behind on their release dates....I'd rather it be perfected than released having hiccups.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 5:27:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pmbspyder] [#10]
As an update that may be helpful to others, here’s a comparison pic of a feedramp from a Gen 1 gun (no hollowpoints) vs a Gen 2 gun (hollowpoint compatible).

Gen 1

Gen 2
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Pmbspyder:
As an update that may be helpful to others, here’s a comparison pic of a feedramp from a Gen 1 gun (no hollowpoints) vs a Gen 2 gun (hollowpoint compatible).

Gen 1
https://i.imgur.com/S7PppjE.jpg

Gen 2
https://i.imgur.com/VZYlfy0.jpg
View Quote
Hard to tell from the pics but it looks like the Gen 1 feedramps are somewhat of a soft "W" shape and the Gen 2 is more of a semi circle?
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 5:32:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pmbspyder] [#12]
Yeah the most notable difference to me is the peak in the “w” is much less prominent on the Gen 2.

Also where the feedramp hits the trunnion it looks more rounded on Gen 2 compared to more angular on Gen 1
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 12:43:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Is there a collapsible stock for the GMH9 yet?
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 12:46:40 AM EDT
[#14]
There are a few that came installed on some new GHM9’s but as far as I know none being sold unattached as of yet.  B&T says they’re coming.  Shouldn’t be too long.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 1:32:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 32DOHC:
Is there a collapsible stock for the GMH9 yet?
View Quote
https://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=57_123&product_id=397

Seems to be a wait list right now. Two reviews so I'm guessing there's some out there.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 5:24:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dirtyharriett] [#16]
There are a few that came installed on some new GHM9’s but as far as I know none being sold unattached as of yet.  B&T says they’re coming.  Shouldn’t be too long.
View Quote
I know there were at least few that were sold separately... I know because Scott at THSF had three of them when they were first released and I purchased the last one.

Link Posted: 3/11/2018 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Interested to know what those collapsible brace adds to the price of the GHM9.  Doing one of those on my APC9 was almost half the price of the APC9.  Was definitely the way to go on my APC9.  Don’t know if I can justify to myself paying that much on the GHM9.  Curious.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 1:02:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dirtyharriett] [#18]
Interested to know what those collapsible brace adds to the price of the GHM9.  Doing one of those on my APC9 was almost half the price of the APC9.  Was definitely the way to go on my APC9.  Don’t know if I can justify to myself paying that much on the GHM9.  Curious.
View Quote
I'll let you in on a little secret... some of us "COLLECT" B&T...
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 9:36:02 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
AMEN to that!
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
Somewhere is selling the ghm9 with that setup for $1950.  Can’t remember the name of it but it’s MACs website.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By BS68280:

Somewhere is selling the ghm9 with that setup for $1950.  Can’t remember the name of it but it’s MACs website.
View Quote
It’s coppercustom

Brace separately is $500 plus $120 for tailhook, so you’re looking at an additional $620 investment to the $1300 gun
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Pmbspyder:

It’s coppercustom

Brace separately is $500 plus $120 for tailhook, so you’re looking at an additional $620 investment to the $1300 gun
View Quote
Worth it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 11:46:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Interested to know what those collapsible brace adds to the price of the GHM9.  Doing one of those on my APC9 was almost half the price of the APC9.  Was definitely the way to go on my APC9.  Don't know if I can justify to myself paying that much on the GHM9.  Curious.
View Quote
I can
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#24]
I can
View All Quotes
Interested to know what those collapsible brace adds to the price of the GHM9.  Doing one of those on my APC9 was almost half the price of the APC9.  Was definitely the way to go on my APC9.  Don't know if I can justify to myself paying that much on the GHM9.  Curious.
I can
As soon as I see one in stock (the adapter, I already have the GHM9), I'm buying one.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 12:56:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Can’t wait for my GHM9 to return with the feedramp fix.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 7:57:25 AM EDT
[#26]
I can't wait for a full size GHM9 with Glock magazine lower!
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
View Quote
Me too.

B&T is coming out with cool new stuff too fast. First I wanted the GHM9, then they announced the gen 2 with the improved feedramps so I decided to wait for that, then they announce the glock mag lowers now i'm want one of those instead.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#28]
So glad I skipped on the f5 drum. Glock beta C on a ghm 9 compact for the win. But why no 3 lug for the compact? How much would I be looking at to have a custom barrel made with a 3 lug? $350?
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#29]
30 rd magazines in stock - $45.  I just picked a few up.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/BampT-APC9-TP9-30rd-9mm-Mag_p_222.html
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By cedjunior:

View Quote
Thanks for the heads up, just grabbed a few more
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 12:00:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quick question, for the folks that have the collapsible brace. How comfortable is it? I'm assuming it's similar in comfort and feel to an A3 stock for an MP5. I'm toying around with getting one and just getting the TP9 style brace which is significantly cheaper than the other brace option.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Hokie2000:
Quick question, for the folks that have the collapsible brace. How comfortable is it? I'm assuming it's similar in comfort and feel to an A3 stock for an MP5. I'm toying around with getting one and just getting the TP9 style brace which is significantly cheaper than the other brace option.

Thanks!
View Quote
I'm interested in this as well. However, I think I am leaning more towards the folding brace just because I imagine I would always keep the collapsible brace at the same LOP. So other than looks, I don't think it would benefit me personally, especially since the new Techsmith adapters can lock in the folded position.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 1:22:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By delta-1:
View All Quotes

Just tried to order some and they are out of stock already. You guys grabbed too many!
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By abnt89:
Just tried to order some and they are out of stock already. You guys grabbed too many!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By abnt89:

Link Posted: 4/2/2018 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes

This.  I ordered 3 about 30 minutes ago.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote
Agreed, I'm signed up to be notified from a few websites now. I dont even have the ghm9 because they're out of stock everywhere but I'll jump on the mags as soon as i can.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 1:08:36 AM EDT
[#37]
I find the collapsible stock comfortable enough.  The HK collapsible stock is rolled a bit at the top and the B&T is straight but rounded at the edge of that makes sense.  It is the way to go.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 8:19:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Brought my Grasshopper home today! Just WOW! I know why they call it the Scorpion killer. I have a SBR Scorpion and MPX and I can tell you, this is my favorite. The fit and finish, the ambi controls, the trigger, its just sexy! Love my Swiss Miss!
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Shenanigunzzz:
Brought my Grasshopper home today! Just WOW! I know why they call it the Scorpion killer. I have a SBR Scorpion and MPX and I can tell you, this is my favorite. The fit and finish, the ambi controls, the trigger, its just sexy! Love my Swiss Miss!
View Quote
Congrats man and welcome to club B&T.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I wish they would come down closer to 1000 bucks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#41]
I find the collapsible stock comfortable enough.  The HK collapsible stock is rolled a bit at the top and the B&T is straight but rounded at the edge of that makes sense.  It is the way to go.
View Quote
do you have a link. I need for my ghm9
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 7:25:35 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm shamelessly bumping this thread because I just bought one, and would like some links for accessories and the like.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
I am waiting on that one as well................I have quite a few Glock mags, and this would be perfect to use them in as well as my Glock pistol
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone running a covert/discreet bag with these? I'm looking for one that isn't too big, securely stows mags and gear and has a well or shell for the firearm.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#45]
I am waiting on that one as well................I have quite a few Glock mags, and this would be perfect to use them in as well as my Glock pistol
View All Quotes
I’ll third that. Having a G17, G19, QC10 9mm AR and GHM9 that uses glock mags would make for a very fun and convenient range day!
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By runcible:
I'm shamelessly bumping this thread because I just bought one, and would like some links for accessories and the like.
View Quote
Can I ask where you actually found one in stock? I've been looking for about 2 weeks and I'm signed up for notifications from any site I could find that had them on backorder.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Rob21SF:
Two thumbs up for Techsmith products!  Great company to deal with, stands by what he makes!  My 2 cents!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rob21SF:

Tech Smith is business.  Nobody else supports the TP9 like them.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes
Said like a true collector.

It costs what it costs!
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 3:19:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Just got my GHM9 on Friday, snagged it on gunbroker 10 minutes after it was posted. Already put a few hundred rounds through it and love it. Definitely need some more mags though.

Side note: I know people have put an AR trigger group in an APC9 successfully but has anyone tinkered with one in the GHM9? Are they the same lower receivers? I like the trigger, I'm mostly just curious.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 3:45:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top