Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2017 11:04:46 AM EDT
Does SB Tactical or anyone else make an tail hook adaptor or folding brace for the Kh9, TP9, GHM9 or P26 series? I did see a couple of internet pics of a P26 with a side folding tail hook brace but can't find anything anywhere that is available for this series of guns
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Atlantic Arms makes the only one I’ve seen.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently asked them about it, and it seems they have a brace in the works for the GHM9
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I recently asked them about it, and it seems they have a brace in the works for the GHM9
View Quote
The GHM9 takes the exact same folding stock as the Kh9, TP9, and P26. I would assume a brace for one model would be universal for the other models. I questioned Atlantic via email and they said SB Tactical is working on a design that will be available early 2018. I then emailed SB Tactical and haven't received any response yet.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:45:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The GHM9 takes the exact same folding stock as the Kh9, TP9, and P26. I would assume a brace for one model would be universal for the other models. I questioned Atlantic via email and they said SB Tactical is working on a design that will be available early 2018. I then emailed SB Tactical and haven't received any response yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The GHM9’s stock attachment point looks to be on a (polymer?) part that is easily removed & replaced.
B&T GHM9 - part 1 - disassembly
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 11:15:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Correct. I have a Kh9 and it's a polymer "hinge" that appears identical to the GHM9 part. I have a Kh9 and APC9. The GHM9 appears to look like a KH9 upper on a APC9 lower. If it's anything like either the APC9 or Kh9, it's a great buy for the money. B&Ts are built like tanks. The open sites leave much to be desired BUT they are meant to be used with an optic.
My issue is I'm about to have 2 Kh9s, 1 APC9, and 1 P26, and I'd prefer not to have all of them on NFA registry and just run them with a brace. I do have a SB Tactical folding brace on the APC9 and it works fine for what my needs are. I just can't find anything on a viable brace for the Kh9 or P26
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the adapter from Atlantic on my TP9 right now.
It is set up with an extended tube and an SBX 2nd gen/  

It is actually more comfortable to shoot that the factory stock.  

The adapter is unuseable as is.  It is ridiculous that Atlantic shipped it this way.  

All that it takes to fix it is two washers and new hardware, but, its a huge oversight on a product that is meant for premium firearms.  Mine arrived worse for the wear because it doesn't come in retail packaging.

BUT, it works now and was realtively cheap. you can adjust it low enough for iron sight usage.

ETA:

SB Tactical won't say a word to anyone about it.  I've been asking every way how.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#7]
The Kh9 and P26 were  imported in small numbers apparently 400 or so for each model. I can understand not designing a brace platform for such a small market. But the TP9, and GHM9 are being mass produced, I don't get it.
I've gotten zilch of a response from SB Tactical on my inquiry about a possible brace coming out.
The only response I got regarding it, was from Atlantic and they reported that something would possibly be out early 2018 from SB. I don't get SB Tactical not responding to customers inquiries. Anyway, the adapter setup Atlantic has advertised for GHM9 platform isn't my cup of tea, I'll likely just wait and see if SB Tactical puts out something resembling the APC9 brace for the Kh9
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It took them awhile to respond to me as well................I have a Zenith and an AR 9mm pistol, but if they do come out with a brace I will probably buy the GHM9 as well to go with it
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I recommend going the SBR route on all of them. The adapter for the wire stock weapons looks to be well made, but there is no way I'd be comfortable using one, I would be too worried I would break the B&T mount. The APC weapons have a more substantial mounting system that can be replaced and don't look or function too bad with the braces mounted. If I wasn't going to SBR one the APC would be the one.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I agree with you about the stability/sturdiness  of adaptor connection to the B&T hinge. On the KH9 the hinge is an endcap that I'm sure you can change but on the P26, it appears to be molded as one with the receiver, so I'd imagine if you break the hinge, you'd need to replace the lower. Just a guess, I don't have a P26 in front of me, but just by looking at the pictures.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, on the GHM9 and KH9 the stock mount is part of an endcap similar to the APC family, on the TP9 and the P26 the stock mount is part of the lower receiver.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm expecting my stamp for my P26 any day now. I sent in two Form 1s the same day, same envelope. I received one of the 2 today, after I get the stamp I'll have a stock adapter(fixed) for sale.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#13]
What was the turnaround time in your stamp?
I'm waiting on 3, mailed June 15th.
I'm also doing Form 1s on one of my Kh9s and leaning towards the same for the P26 unless a viable brace option comes from SB Tactical soon.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 5:10:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What was the turnaround time in your stamp?
I'm waiting on 3, mailed June 15th.
I'm also doing Form 1s on one of my Kh9s and leaning towards the same for the P26 unless a viable brace option comes from SB Tactical soon.
View Quote
Out of 5 stamps, Dec 20th showed up Sept 5 or so, 2nd stamp sent end of March, got that beginning of Oct, 2 stamps sent out April 20th got them this week.
My last stamp sent beginning of June and I expect that one by the end of the month. All of these were Individual paper, they are catching up pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 12:53:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Dakota Tactical has an image of a brace for the GHM9, TP9, P26 and KH9 on their Instagram. It's been blurred out a little, but you can still make out the important parts.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 8:59:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the update. I guess they want to keep it top secret until its release. I don't understand that. I inquired multiple times about a brace for the TP9 style platform before I got an answer regarding the release of one early 2018
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thanks for the update. I guess they want to keep it top secret until its release. I don't understand that. I inquired multiple times about a brace for the TP9 style platform before I got an answer regarding the release of one early 2018
View Quote
I agree.  There are a bunch of owners of B&T products that use the MP9 stock.  

Hell, make a version for the USW and MP380 and you've got that entire market share.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 2:11:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dakota Tactical has an image of a brace for the GHM9, TP9, P26 and KH9 on their Instagram. It's been blurred out a little, but you can still make out the important parts.
View Quote
That just looks like a TP9 stock modded with a tailhook brace....
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 7:15:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That just looks like a TP9 stock modded with a tailhook brace....
View Quote
I was planning to make one of those myself.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 8:23:28 AM EDT
[#20]
This was the picture I saw of a P26 awhile back with that tailhook on what appears to be a modified B&T folding stock. Appears to be easy to make. I went on a wild goose chase trying to find one to no avail. This new design by SB Dakota Tactical looks just like it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#21]
There is a guy on Facebook's B&T Firearm Owner's group that is making that exact brace with the Tailhook, not sure what he is charging though.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:This new design by SB Tactical looks just like it.
View Quote
Obviously it won't have a tail hook on it though, right?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 7:05:18 PM EDT
[#23]
After reading about it on Dakota Tactical and then seeing OP mention that SB tactical is coming out with one in 2018, am I wrong in assuming that these are going to be 2 seperate options, and from 2 different manufacturers, that will become available?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I believe so. That's why I'm confused by Bestiller's post.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
After reading about it on Dakota Tactical and then seeing OP mention that SB tactical is coming out with one in 2018, am I wrong in assuming that these are going to be 2 seperate options, and from 2 different manufacturers, that will become available?
View Quote
Sorry, I even confused myself. Hopefully I can clear it up.
Since starting the thread. I've personally received an email form SB Tactical stating they will be releasing a folding brace for the TP9/P26/Kh9 etc platform in early 2018.
Since receiving that info from SB Tactical, I've seen the Dakota Tactical instagram photo, and the way I read it, they (Dakota Tactical) have a brace of their own coming out as well.
( I mistakenly typed SB Tactical above but meant Dakota Tactical, I struck through it)
If someone knows anything different please post it.
I've been hoping for a brace in that platform.
I have multiple B&Ts in that platform.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top