Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2017 4:01:53 PM EDT
Deciding what to get. 16” carbine. Don’t have to worry about people busting my balls, can be used for USPSA PCC and Home Defense.

8” with a folding sig brace: shorter and lighter, great for home defense and fun. Can’t be used for USPSA until I make it an SBR and put a real stock on it.

Hmm. Then there’s the new MPX K but I’m not really about that. The 8” May be the sweet spot. I think a 10” would be ideal but eh.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that 8-10 inches is ideal for a PCC or large braced handgun. I have an SB PDW brace on my MPX and it is almost exactly like the SIG stock. Love it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think that 8-10 inches is ideal for a PCC or large braced handgun. I have an SB PDW brace on my MPX and it is almost exactly like the SIG stock. Love it.
View Quote
Word. That’s what I was thinking. Enjoy the brace while I wait for paperwork to process.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Love my MPX 8” with the folding brace. You can’t go wrong there.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Does USPSA not allow guns with braces as stocks?

EDIT: Nevermind, answered my own question - no, they do not. Lame.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does USPSA not allow guns with braces as stocks?

EDIT: Nevermind, answered my own question - no, they do not. Lame.
View Quote
It is lame because most guys travel state lines to do USPSA. So if you have an SBR you have to ask permission from daddy every time.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if this was a rule before the "ok you can shoulder it!" change of 'heart' that the ATF had ?  

I'm not sure what reason they'd have for keeping braces out of it - to keep yahoos out? When you "couldn't" shoulder them I kinda get it, but now?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top