Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2017 2:42:15 PM EDT
So my stamp came in a couple weeks ago, and I just got the upper back from the engraver.  Time to try out the Scorpion at the range as a rifle.  I had shot it as a pistol once when I first bought it, but when it ran fine I cleaned it & put it away.  I had no intention of using the original sights, so I never bothered sighting it in.  

Now, I'm at the range today sighting in a MRO, and my first magazine was Hornady Critical Defense 135gr.  This is basically what I thought I'd leave in the gun when it's at home.  It's a solid defensive round, and I have a lot of them.  All of my shots grouped well at close range (10 yards) and sighting in the MRO was ridiculously easy.  The gun functioned flawlessly throughout the day.

Then I switched to some reloads I had wanted to try...Sierra 125gr hollow points with a mid-range charge of Titegroup.  These did not feel that different than the Hornady rounds I started with, and yet they landed on the target a good 6" - 8" away (high) from my point of aim.  I was pretty surprised at the difference between the 2 rounds.  It also seemed like a good zero at close range (10 yards) wasn't even close at 25 yards. I was in an indoor range, so wind was not a factor.

Curious if other owners have experienced similar results when switching between ammo brands, and also what distance you zero your Scorpions at.

Link Posted: 9/22/2017 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Zero at 25yards. And yeah it makes a difference I was about 4 inches different from 147 to 124s. I'm pushing my 124 fmjhps pretty fast though with CFE Pistol.

Rifle rounds a few grains are no biggy, pistol rounds theres always a jump
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info / feedback.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top