Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2017 3:00:13 PM EDT
Hey all, I received my form 1 for my Scorpion EVO today, almost 6 months to the day.  I was expecting it to take at least 12, so I haven't been keeping current on the newest stuff

available.

Please forgive my ignorance is my best bet just to find a 922r kit and go with that or is there a better way to go ? I have an MRO to put on it, and now will begin the process of

getting a can for it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:07:30 PM EDT
[#1]
What is it first of all?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is it first of all?
View Quote
D'oh I might want to mention that.  Scorpion  EVO 3S1
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#3]
922r kit is probably the most economical way to do it. Or you can replace 6 qualifying parts with aftermarket made in USA parts.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:15:40 PM EDT
[#4]
922r kit, but I really liked the Zhukov stock on the one I shot.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Please forgive my ignorance is my best bet just to find a 922r kit and go with that or is there a better way to go ?
View Quote
The best is if you have a cop friend who can receive packages at work. Ship the gun to your friend's LE agency. Now it's exempt from 922(r) forever. 
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm more curious on how your form got fast tracked like that. Still waiting on mine from October 2016.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 6:28:56 AM EDT
[#7]
If you are not modifying the scorpion in any way, the 922r kit is the fastest and easiest way to be compliant.

If you are planning on customizing your scorpion you are wasting your time and money.  This question is up to to determine which path you plan on going since I didn't like the original gun and the customized gun is way better than the stock gun. Old picture

Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm more curious on how your form got fast tracked like that. Still waiting on mine from October 2016.
View Quote
Same here, I was expecting 12 months at least
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you are not modifying the scorpion in any way, the 922r kit is the fastest and easiest way to be compliant.

If you are planning on customizing your scorpion you are wasting your time and money.  This question is up to to determine which path you plan on going since I didn't like the original gun and the customized gun is way better than the stock gun. Old picture

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/404018/-DSC9330-174258.jpg
View Quote
Probably leave it stock for the time being.  I went ahead and ordered a kit form Preppers.

Now I just need to find an engraver.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 3:19:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Mine just got approved on 9/9/17. The check was cashed 1/25/17. Just regular F1 individual.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top