Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2017 8:47:40 PM EDT
I have a Gen 2 Kriss Vector SDP in 9mm and it came with a factory brace that did not fold.  However, I was able to drill out the retaining rivet and replace it with a factory folding cheekpiece and a Tailhook brace with Kriss adapter.   Looks amazing and now folds as it should have all along.  

However, while in my local gun shop recently, I noticed that the new vectors no longer have the removable buffer tube adapter that used to sit on the end of the pistol to attach a brace, stock, etc.  The new receiver is a single piece and the brace buffer tube just screws into it with no way to attach the factory folding cheek piece or even a folding stock if you SBR'd it.  You would have to use a buffer tube with a folding mechanism and aftermarket brace or stock.  

That limits the appeal of this firearm to me, and I am glad I have a gen 2 that allows me to use the factory folding solution.  

Here is what the new ones look like.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Bad design decision. Been contemplating on getting one, but looks like not anymore.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:13:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Why is there a buffer tube when all the recoil and stuff happens in front of the trigger?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:36:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why is there a buffer tube when all the recoil and stuff happens in front of the trigger?
View Quote
Because it is still a popular attachment method for stocks
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:38:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a Gen 2 Kriss Vector SDP in 9mm and it came with a factory brace that did not fold.  However, I was able to drill out the retaining rivet and replace it with a factory folding cheekpiece and a Tailhook brace with Kriss adapter.   Looks amazing and now folds as it should have all along.  

However, while in my local gun shop recently, I noticed that the new vectors no longer have the removable buffer tube adapter that used to sit on the end of the pistol to attach a brace, stock, etc.  The new receiver is a single piece and the brace buffer tube just screws into it with no way to attach the factory folding cheek piece or even a folding stock if you SBR'd it.  You would have to use a buffer tube with a folding mechanism and aftermarket brace or stock.  

That limits the appeal of this firearm to me, and I am glad I have a gen 2 that allows me to use the factory folding solution.  

Here is what the new ones look like.  

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/684306000/684306644/pix747352543.jpg
View Quote

If I remember correctly, the new stock will still fold, but it uses a different mechanism than the older hinge style. Rumor has it that it can fold to either the left or right side of the firearm.

TFB: New Vector Folding Stock
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:06:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I was looking at them too, until I noticed what a horrible mistake they made...and I was excited about a 9mm option.

I get it, some people have no taste, and want AR stocks on everything... make an adapter for that.  I already have all the guns I need with AR stocks.  They are ARs.  I won't buy a Kriss with an AR stock.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:13:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was looking at them too, until I noticed what a horrible mistake they made...and I was excited about a 9mm option.

I get it, some people have no taste, and want AR stocks on everything... make an adapter for that.  I already have all the guns I need with AR stocks.  They are ARs.  I won't buy a Kriss with an AR stock.
View Quote
I agree, AR stocks on anything but an AR don't appeal to me as well. Gun manufacturers take so much time on R&D for a new firearm and seem to throw in the towel
when it comes to the stock and just throw an AR one on.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:14:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
+1

Are manufacturers that dumb?!?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:33:22 AM EDT
[#8]

I like the factory stock. It will fold and fit in a small black case with 10 mags, and mag carrier
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like Kriss updated their Gen I/II folding stock assemblies:

Old:

New:
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#10]
They show the new stocks are available on their website and if you sign up for the news letter they'll send you a 15% off coupon. You need to sign up for an account to use it otherwise it'll tell you the coupon is not valid.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#11]
double tap
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I think I am going to keep my original folding stock.  I don't see any reason to upgrade as I like the way the old one looks, and it has a nice rubbery cheekpiece for comfort while shooting.   I wonder why they made another model?  Were there issues with the first gen folding stocks?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#13]
As was mentioned in the 6th post.

Kriss will have a folding stock for the new molding. It's just not out yet. Granted, it doesn't look to be able to accept a Tailhook brace or similar like the older folding stocks/cheekrests/
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I couldn't find any of the old style factory folding stocks. But I just found some on ebay for $75. I am going to do the tailhook mod on mine.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 5:21:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I emailed Kriss about a month ago and I was told the new folding stocks designed for the 2017 Gen 2 models(sans hinge) will be available at the end of summer.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I emailed Kriss about a month ago and I was told the new folding stocks designed for the 2017 Gen 2 models(sans hinge) will be available at the end of summer.
View Quote
I think they are still working on it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I am working on machining billet aluminum adapters for the 2017 Vector that will accept Gen 1 and Gen 2 factory folding braces.  This way we can still use tailhooks...  About 6 weeks out, will keep you guys posted.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Any update on this?

Has anyone come up with any other solution for the new version?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Any update to this? I'd be VERY interested in buying one.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Kriss factory option coming, 2nd quarter of this year (april, may, june) supposedly.

https://youtu.be/M7bqBnnhRCQ?t=54s

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/02/11/shot-2018-kriss-usas-latest-products-2018/
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Makes me glad I got mine when I did. I have a 2016 gen 2, doesn't have the GEN 2 logo on it or the buffer tube threads. I have a folder/tailhook combo on mine as well. It is a fun pistol, but if I was given the choice today to a PCC, I would be leaning more towards the CMMG 9mm guard, mostly to suppress it. I haven't entirely ruled the Vector out as the root cause, but I've ran into some issues running it suppressed.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Makes me glad I got mine when I did. I have a 2016 gen 2, doesn't have the GEN 2 logo on it or the buffer tube threads. I have a folder/tailhook combo on mine as well. It is a fun pistol, but if I was given the choice today to a PCC, I would be leaning more towards the CMMG 9mm guard, mostly to suppress it. I haven't entirely ruled the Vector out as the root cause, but I've ran into some issues running it suppressed.
View Quote
Bump. Looking at buying a Vector SDP Pistol in 9mm. I want to use the sg brace but I also want it to fold. After reading more into this, it appears the change post-Aug 2017 has severely limited the market options for doing this since they changed the end plate.

Edit - It looks like the best option out there right now for the post-Aug 2017 version is the Hera Arms Side Folding Unit (SFU), which you can't find anywhere, of course.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 10:55:53 PM EDT
[#23]
One of these should do it no?

https://www.preppergunshop.com/hera-side-folding-unit-with-hardware-05-03

I may buy one to try out, what do you guys think?

Jason
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 11:01:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
One of these should do it no?

https://www.preppergunshop.com/hera-side-folding-unit-with-hardware-05-03

I may buy one to try out, what do you guys think?

Jason
View Quote
Yes, that will work. I ordered one from Rainer Arms a few days ago when I got an email that they were back in stock (they're out again now). They have them for $113 plus you can find a 10% discount code for Rainer Arms on the coupons sites. If you're not in a hurry you could just get added to their email notification for that item when it's back in stock.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#25]
everyone is making their PCC easier to setup with a brace, Kriss seems to be going the opposite direction...
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 12:31:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I am working on machining billet aluminum adapters for the 2017 Vector that will accept Gen 1 and Gen 2 factory folding braces.  This way we can still use tailhooks...  About 6 weeks out, will keep you guys posted.
View Quote
Any Update to This??
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Man I wish I would’ve knew about this earlier. Just purchased one, excited and all I ordered the normal folding stock adapter design with a pin only to pick up my pistol yesterday and say WTF.

What were they thinking! Anyone have a solid proven solution to this yet?

Also anyone know if there’s a specific wrench you can buy for the end cap without having to destroy it?
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Hera Arms SFU is what you seek.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 6:32:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yay, an AR folding stock adapter!

It's mind boggling to me that they took one of the coolest features of that gun, and shit-canned it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It's mind boggling to me that they took one of the coolest features of that gun, and shit-canned it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, it doesn't work on most ARs (because buffer tube), but yeah I agree with your point.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:27:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Bump. Looking at buying a Vector SDP Pistol in 9mm. I want to use the sg brace but I also want it to fold. After reading more into this, it appears the change post-Aug 2017 has severely limited the market options for doing this since they changed the end plate.

Edit - It looks like the best option out there right now for the post-Aug 2017 version is the Hera Arms Side Folding Unit (SFU), which you can't find anywhere, of course.
View Quote
I've come very close to selling mine. My bolt catch broke, oddly enough, at its pivot point. I got a replacement unit under warranty, but now the catch itself doesn't seem to lock back fully all the way when shooting. It locks back on empty, but the catch itself isn't held fully rearward. I haven't gotten in touch with Kriss yet, but once I get it sorted out it will probably be sold.

There is a lack of aftermarket support and OEM support is what is killing the Vector. HBI makes aftermarket components, and I have a set of their enhanced safeties. The killer to me is that there is not a clear way to mount a flashlight to the Vector that can employ a pressure switch or use the support hand to activate the light in a usable manner. The left side charging handle limits using the left side rail points for anything at this time (assuming right handed shooter).

In my testing so far, it doesn't suppress well in 9mm. The manual describes the action as delayed blowback, which is true, but compared to a MP5 or CMMG Guard 9mm there is not enough of a delay in the action. With added back pressure from my Obsidian 45, even with 147 HSTs it is still louder compared to a post sample MP5. I haven't shot a Guard but it is high on my list to find one.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#32]
I just ordered a kriss/brace online so we'll see which version I get. I don't really care either way as I don't plan to install and folder to it but I will updated once i have it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I've come very close to selling mine. My bolt catch broke, oddly enough, at its pivot point. I got a replacement unit under warranty, but now the catch itself doesn't seem to lock back fully all the way when shooting. It locks back on empty, but the catch itself isn't held fully rearward. I haven't gotten in touch with Kriss yet, but once I get it sorted out it will probably be sold.

There is a lack of aftermarket support and OEM support is what is killing the Vector. HBI makes aftermarket components, and I have a set of their enhanced safeties. The killer to me is that there is not a clear way to mount a flashlight to the Vector that can employ a pressure switch or use the support hand to activate the light in a usable manner. The left side charging handle limits using the left side rail points for anything at this time (assuming right handed shooter).

In my testing so far, it doesn't suppress well in 9mm. The manual describes the action as delayed blowback, which is true, but compared to a MP5 or CMMG Guard 9mm there is not enough of a delay in the action. With added back pressure from my Obsidian 45, even with 147 HSTs it is still louder compared to a post sample MP5. I haven't shot a Guard but it is high on my list to find one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have a Gen1 or Gen2 version?
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Do you have a Gen1 or Gen2 version?
View Quote
Gen 2 that has the G1 hinge point. I have a gear head works tailhook of a OEM folding assembly.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#35]
It looks like Kriss is selling the folding adapter uppers again on the website. Only available in the small calibers. I’ll have to wait for the .45acp one. $249 for the whole upper with the spot for a factory folding stock rather than the buffer tube.
https://kriss-usa.com/store/spare-parts/complete-semi-auto-gen-i-upper-housing-assembly
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 10:05:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Another option for a folding mechanism:  https://www.abarms.com/A-B-Arms-MOD-X-GEN-III-Side-Folder-Mechanism-p/abamxsfm.htm
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#37]
How do you guys who have the Kriss like them?
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 11:46:51 PM EDT
[#38]
I have a Gen 2 in 9mm and I love mine.   I added the factory folding cheekpiece and the Gen 1 tailhook brace.   It looks amazing and works great.

Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
I am trading mine for a CZ Scorpion
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 2:44:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I have a Gen 2 in 9mm and I love mine.   I added the factory folding cheekpiece and the Gen 1 tailhook brace.   It looks amazing and works great.
View Quote
Same setup. I like mine very much as well. It's my car/travel gun.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Any issues with reliability?
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#42]
I had one small bobble early one with my 9mm. I was using a Glock 33 round mag and it failed strip off the last round. Bolt locked back, but round was still sitting undisturbed in the magazine. Full disclosure, I didn't lube the gun, it was new with a very low round count, using a suppressor.

I know the 33 round mags (factory Glock) are generally reliable. But it always makes me go when I remember that no matter whether you use the Glock mag with a factory floor plate at 31 rounds or the +2 extension to make it 33. You're using the same mag spring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top