Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2017 7:56:57 PM EDT
Anyone here have a CZ Scorpion and know if the model year makes a difference? I'm seeing 2016 and 2017 and not sure what the differences are. I'm planning on buying the pistol to play with while the form processes to convert it to an SBR.

Also, what mods can be done while it's still in pistol form? Is the only that really matters the folding stock or any kind of stock if it's not an arm brace?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:50:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I would google the differences between the years if it means that much you.  I have a world model with the welded trigger pack and the stupid 18x1 thread.  

Yes you can do any mods to it while you wait for the stamp but you cannot have a stock on it.  Yes you can use a brace while you wait.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would google the differences between the years if it means that much you.  I have a world model with the welded trigger pack and the stupid 18x1 thread.  

Yes you can do any mods to it while you wait for the stamp but you cannot have a stock on it.  Yes you can use a brace while you wait.  
View Quote
I just decided today I'm going to get one so I haven't had a lot of time to do any googling.  Are there any years that don't have the welded trigger pack?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:14:00 PM EDT
[#3]
It was the world model that CZ introduce prior to 41f so a bunch of gun owners could sbr scorpions before the July 12 deadline.  They are probably out of those and into the 2016 and 2017 models.  If you going to suppress it I would chop the barrel or get a new one that did have that 1/2 and 18x1 threads on it.  Totally stupid.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I think post march 2016 models all have the 18x1 for factory barrel nut and flash hider and step down to 1/2x28 thread ahead of that so you can just attach and go.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 11:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the welded trigger pack is a non-issue now.  CZ is rolling out the replacement trigger packs so they will give you a new lower that isn't welded with what is likely to be a reasonable delay.  Plus, drilling out the existing welded screw is super easy.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#6]
As far as I am aware, the newer models have two fixes. The first is the welded nut on the trigger pack was removed. The second is getting rid of that funky euro thread pattern.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top