Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2017 12:06:39 PM EDT
Came across the Micro RONI the other day surfing the internet on my phone while holding my newborn and now I can't stop thinking about them.  Are these pretty legit and actually PDW like for handgun or is it sort of a weird bastardization between a pistol and a PDW?  I've got 2 glock mag AR pistols which are fun, but for some reason these keep peaking my interest.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Sig ACP's are a cumbersome POS, that wont allow the use of your suppressor.

Avoid at all costs .
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The micro RONI's with brace are great if you are looking for a way to quickly uplevel your Glock pistol in a home defense situation.   There is a small plastic insert that goes on the rear of the slide before you insert it into the RONI.   I have shot one before and it handled well.   It has a good "cool factor" as well, and everyone asks my friend about his when they see it at the range.   Definitely looks very space age and different.   My friend hasn't had an issue with his, and it is equivalent in power and accuracy to a 4.5" K length SBR.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought two Ronis - the micro Stab for a G19 and a Micro for my SBR G17. They are awesome. Extremely sturdy and the guns integrate perfectly into the chasis. You'd probably have to be told there were Glocks inside if you didn't know what they were. I really like the SBR, but he Stab is a masterwork. It's extremely cool and well designed and becomes a force multiplier when mates with a red dot - even a cheap one.

I've handled the KPOS and the Sig and they're total garbage.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:40:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Came across the Micro RONI the other day surfing the internet on my phone while holding my newborn and now I can't stop thinking about them.  Are these pretty legit and actually PDW like for handgun or is it sort of a weird bastardization between a pistol and a PDW?  I've got 2 glock mag AR pistols which are fun, but for some reason these keep peaking my interest.
View Quote

junk
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

junk
View Quote
what a wonderful contribution, do you own one? Have you shot one? or just shit posting?
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 8:02:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a Micro Roni stab for my G19 and a Micro Roni for my G17 SBR. I like them and they are pretty fun to shoot with a red dot. One comment regarding the Stab, the folding aspect of the brace is pretty much useless - although it makes the whole thing more compact when folded, the brace is so thick that it doubles the thickness  of the platform and doesn't lock into place when folded so it kind of flops around.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 7:32:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought about it long enough since I have CZ scorpion and AR 9mm pistols, but like OP said, the micro RONI STAB kept coming back into my head so I ordered one.  It should be here in a day or two.  I think this will be good for my wife as HD tool since a long gun, even my CZ Scorpion pistol with brace is too heavy (she's a 95 pounder).  Would be a good car gun too since the Glock 17 (albeit large for CCW) could be removed and carried. Will let you know how this pans out.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 11:44:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I love my RONI and my SBR'd G17.

You just remove the aluminum 'muzzle' piece to fit a suppressor.

It's fast, light, and just plain works!
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I had a Roni, got rid of it ASAP. Could not use a Suppressor, was not as advertised.
Plastic, crap IMHO!
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I did some testing on the SIG version, but I assume the very nature of how they attach make them all equally worthless.

You can't truely zero them and they don't retain any form of zero.
View Quote
The Roni's absolutely return to zero. The attachment system is very ridged and interfaces with the pic rail with spring retention. When inserted, the gun is completely rigid. I've zeroed mine, removed the gun and replaced it with no change in zero at 75'.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Are these things gassy?

Being a lefty puts my face close to the ejection port.

No plans on running it suppressed.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 7:43:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Are these things gassy?

View Quote
Ran mine last week and not noticing any blow back gas issues.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:31:38 AM EDT
[#16]
I looked around CAA's website, but didn't find the answer: is it possible to convert the Micro Roni Stab to the buttstock version?

I like that the arm brace doesn't require any NFA paperwork. You can buy it today, install, and go shooting. But I prefer a real buttstock.  I could register a Glock, wait for approval, and then buy the chassis. But ideally, I would like to buy the STAB version to use while waiting on the paperwork, and then swap out the brace for the buttstock once approved.

Has anyone gone this route?
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are these things gassy?

Are you a lefty? 
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 11:28:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I looked around CAA's website, but didn't find the answer: is it possible to convert the Micro Roni Stab to the buttstock version?

I like that the arm brace doesn't require any NFA paperwork. You can buy it today, install, and go shooting. But I prefer a real buttstock.  I could register a Glock, wait for approval, and then buy the chassis. But ideally, I would like to buy the STAB version to use while waiting on the paperwork, and then swap out the brace for the buttstock once approved.

View Quote
Haven't seen one for the Micro Roni.  I saw one for the regular RONI.  It allowed you to convert a RONI Recon to a Roni Carbine.  Link here
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I just received the roni stab for a 19. Love it. It is much better tham I had expected.

The folding idea is (as mentioned) only really so you can use a shorter case for transport. It cannot be fired whem folded. I still like that it folds though.

I have to sight in my holosun this week, but so far...so great.

P.S. its nice and light at 4 pounds with no mag.

Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:35:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
@GarrettJ

It looks like it's possible to swap the stabilizer with the buttstock - probably as simple as taking off the e-clip, driving out the hinge pin and swapping:

Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:38:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Good info.

Would you measure the length of pull on the stocked version for me?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:17:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Good info.

Would you measure the length of pull on the stocked version for me?

Thanks!
View Quote
The stock is just under 8.5" at the hinge point:

The LOP for the stocked version is ~16":

The braced version is ~5" at the hinge point:

The LOP for the STAB is ~12.5"

My SBR is a G17 and the STAB is a G19 version - there might be some slight differences as the measurements show.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:25:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Thank you.....16" LOP is a little longer then I prefer, but I understand that it needs to be that by design.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Love mine fun as hell. Like a laser beam with a red dot. I've had a couple KPOS and a SIG ACP. Both are a POS compared to the RONI Micro.

Link Posted: 10/4/2017 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Roni works great on a Glock 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top