Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2017 9:29:32 PM EDT
So I have the sb tactical folding brace on my scorpion. they say you can fire it folded, but I tried this and the brace gets in the way and causes the empty casing to fall back in and cause a fte/ftf.

I looked on youtube and there are no videos of anyone shooting it folded. Has anyone tried this and got similar effects or does yours eject like they say it should?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
No, it Can NOT be fired folded, tried myself. :-\ otherwise I love the thing it's wayyyyy better on my shoulder than a shockwave blade plus it sits a little lower which raises the sight height so I'm not bending my neck down as far to see .
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:57:34 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's a must have for you , the only fire folded "brace" options would be a folding shockwave blade, or a tailhook + factory stock kit/setup "avail on yetiwurks site next week" you could always pick one of those up and put your SBT on gunbroker and make an easy $150 more than you bought the SBT for
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:17:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I have wanted one for months.  Any in stock ideas?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't seen any websites that state it can fire folded.  It definitely cannot.

I wish they would have designed the hinge to fold to the left side like many AKs do.  Folding to the right makes no sense, especially for right handed shooters.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it's a must have for you , the only fire folded "brace" options would be a folding shockwave blade, or a tailhook + factory stock kit/setup "avail on yetiwurks site next week" you could always pick one of those up and put your SBT on gunbroker and make an easy $150 more than you bought the SBT for
View Quote
Is the "avil next week" part supposed to be sarcastic or does that have some truth to it?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I've seen several mentions on scorpion forums that yeti is coming out with the kits next week. Whether it's true or not I don't know, but I'm keeping my monies at the ready.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#7]
well nevermind guess it's confirmed, from yeti's facebook page:

I just purchased enough scorpion folding "cheek" assemblies, tailhook braces, and adapters for 30 complete "kits". If the stars align everything will show up around the same time next week to be available next weekend, if not it will be sometime the week after. I will have 20 adapters available for individual purchase. The kits will be priced at $269, which is a fair bit cheaper than you can by everything yourself separately. This will probably be a short run. Thought I would let everyone know! You can sign up for in stock notifications at the link below!

https://www.yetiwurks.com/products/scorpion-tailhook-adapter-kit
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice! Looks good! Bummer about this part though:

"...the stock won't fold all of the way and because the Tailhook doesn't have a magnet installed it won't latch like the OEM stock will..."

So does that mean it'll swing open when folded? I mean that's not a complete deal breaker, but it is a bummer.

How does the SBT compare? Does it lock up solidly when folded?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, it'll still be an active hinge so it will be easier to free swing. However, the hinge is kind of tight.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:41:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Just as a note, the hera sfu does stay locked in the folded position, but not tightly so it can be unfolded quickly.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 12:15:12 AM EDT
[#11]
The Yetiwurks setup won't latch in the folded position. There's no magnet because the Tailhook is wider than the factory stock. It'll function just fine in the open position, though.

William
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 1:04:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
well nevermind guess it's confirmed, from yeti's facebook page:

I just purchased enough scorpion folding "cheek" assemblies, tailhook braces, and adapters for 30 complete "kits". If the stars align everything will show up around the same time next week to be available next weekend, if not it will be sometime the week after. I will have 20 adapters available for individual purchase. The kits will be priced at $269, which is a fair bit cheaper than you can by everything yourself separately. This will probably be a short run. Thought I would let everyone know! You can sign up for in stock notifications at the link below!

https://www.yetiwurks.com/products/scorpion-tailhook-adapter-kit
View Quote
I put folders on all my guns now, even though 90% of the time they stay locked closed "or is it open?" I occasionally fold my ak's and hip shoot for money or practice. I don't do much transporting, I have my own ranges on 15 acres. I still just plain like having folding stocks vs collapsible. There's alot of hinges on multiple platforms that don't lock open, as long as it doesn't easily swing itself out or closed it's no biggy if it doesn't lock folded.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I put folders on all my guns now, even though 90% of the time they stay locked closed "or is it open?" I occasionally fold my ak's and hip shoot for money or practice. I don't do much transporting, I have my own ranges on 15 acres. I still just plain like having folding stocks vs collapsible. There's alot of hinges on multiple platforms that don't lock open, as long as it doesn't easily swing itself out or closed it's no biggy if it doesn't lock folded.
View Quote
Yep. I've had both the SBT EVO and Tailhook setup, and neither locked folded. Not ideal for jumping out of a C-130, but for casual use both have more than enough friction to stay folded during transport.  I haven't fired either with the stock folded. I put enough $$$ of ammo thru the Scorpion as it is!

William
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah a left side folding hinge would be more ideal with either of the 2 setups.. no blocking the ejection port and no having to remove primary hand from grip to close.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Can I just put a factory folder with added arm Velcro, hence making my own brace?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:54:12 PM EDT
[#17]
SBT-EVO's are in stock now at SBTactical website so grab one if you want it while you can. https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sbtevo/
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:07:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
SBT-EVO's are in stock now at SBTactical website so grab one if you want it while you can. https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sbtevo/
View Quote
Bought one of those expensive fucks at full price.  Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:18:52 AM EDT
[#19]
talked to sb tactical. they said the braces should be able to be fired when folded. I sent mine back and they are supposed to be sending me a new one. we will see if its fixed
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:05:18 PM EDT
[#20]
ot the replacement today, same crap, cant fire it folded
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 3:51:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Can't be fired folded, whoever at sbt said it could is a bold ass liar. If they'd make left side folders that'd be sweet. I still like my sbt-evo though,  its nice and thin on the shoulder vs twice as wide tailhook which wont lock/stay folded since it hits the receiver
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Can't be fired folded, whoever at sbt said it could is a bold ass liar. If they'd make left side folders that'd be sweet. I still like my sbt-evo though,  its nice and thin on the shoulder vs twice as wide tailhook which wont lock/stay folded since it hits the receiver
View Quote
So you like it more than the tail Hook? I'm on the fence between cz custom adapter + shockwave or the sb tactical.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 11:35:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Once you tighten the rear velcro strap its rock solid as any dedicated stock, folds nice and stays open and tight to the receiver. The tailhook factory setup just looks weird and you wind up with a really wide buttend on your shoulder. The tailhook might be a little more solid and give you adjustable length of pull but it wont fold flat against the receiver
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#24]
I just went to a hera side folder. put my brace up for sale. maybe if they ever get it figured out I will come back. but spending up to 250.00 on a brace that doesn't work is not worth it
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Literally created an account to say my scorpion fires fine with my SBT evo folded.  The very first shot bounced back and instantly I felt let down.  I proceeded anyway and cleared the next 29 rounds with no issues.  My buddy was even firing one handed with it folded and it ejected fine.  Not sure if something changed as I only got mine a few weeks ago, but it definitely works.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Literally created an account to say my scorpion fires fine with my SBT evo folded.  The very first shot bounced back and instantly I felt let down.  I proceeded anyway and cleared the next 29 rounds with no issues.  My buddy was even firing one handed with it folded and it ejected fine.  Not sure if something changed as I only got mine a few weeks ago, but it definitely works.
View Quote
so is it still working folded? the company told me that "sometimes it works but we don't DESIGN IT TO FIRE FOLDED"    WHO on earth in today's market would not deliberately design a folding brace or stock to fire folded?  Nearly every single stock or brace in the industry has that simple feature built in.  

Please let us know if its still working folded and how often a brass case bounces back in to the action and jams things up.  

THANKS
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Also confirming it shoots while folded but not without issues...

I am sure I already know the answer to this but does anyone know if I add a magnet to the brace to keep the brace locked to the sling mount is considered a 'redesign'?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top