Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 33
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It is a very sturdy polymer, and has been used for gun parts like grips and AK habdguards for a long time. It is also very easy to machine and you can vary the finish/texture based on what bit you use. See here:

CNC Machining Delrin
View Quote
I used to cut bolt patterns in Delrin wear rings for pumps.  It's a solid material.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry about the delay guys. I was away for business and my schedules been a huge mess. Anyways, I think delrin would work great. This would make it lighter and significantly reduce the price. I spent 9 hours over the weekend trying to get my 3d printer set up and it's still not ready, lol. I IM'ed another user on here to get a print made but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. But hopefully I'll get my printer set up, I'll get a prototype made of the current design and send it out to check for fitment. I'm hoping Sunday I'll be shipping out a prototype.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sorry about the delay guys. I was away for business and my schedules been a huge mess. Anyways, I think delrin would work great. This would make it lighter and significantly reduce the price. I spent 9 hours over the weekend trying to get my 3d printer set up and it's still not ready, lol. I IM'ed another user on here to get a print made but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. But hopefully I'll get my printer set up, I'll get a prototype made of the current design and send it out to check for fitment. I'm hoping Sunday I'll be shipping out a prototype.
View Quote
Sounds like you and me both have issues with the 3D printers!  My one hour step-up turned into a two day affair..........don't feel too bad!  
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 3:50:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Would delrin be able to be cerakoted?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 12:09:08 AM EDT
[#5]
How's the build quality on these compared to the original Steyr guns?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:38:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How's the build quality on these compared to the original Steyr guns?
View Quote
Build quality is top notch on the B&T guns. My favorite PCC.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:10:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah sorry about that I'll get back to you via dm once I get mine up and running with the new filament. There is a new firmware that hopefully will fix the starting issues I'm having.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah sorry about that I'll get back to you via dm once I get mine up and running with the new filament. There is a new firmware that hopefully will fix the starting issues I'm having.
View Quote
Lol, It's all good. We all have jobs and schedules. But even a PLA should do fine. As long is it's dimensionally correct.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Just submitted a Form 1 on my TP9 so I can't wait for these grips (or maybe I can, with how long wait times are lol)

I am working on CNC'd/DMLS'd frames so perhaps there will be an option with an integrated grip once I get through with everything :) Just need to wait on the modelling and toolpath coding to be completed and we'll be all set for prototypes.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:41:32 PM EDT
[#10]
How we looking on this?!

Thanks-
Shea
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:02:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Definitely interested in one once they get made.  I'm using a BCM mounted backwards and it fits the bill for size/shape/angle but would love one that approximates the original design.

Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just submitted a Form 1 on my TP9 so I can't wait for these grips (or maybe I can, with how long wait times are lol)

I am working on CNC'd/DMLS'd frames so perhaps there will be an option with an integrated grip once I get through with everything :) Just need to wait on the modelling and toolpath coding to be completed and we'll be all set for prototypes.
View Quote
80% please!
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:46:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm sorry I've been away boys. My day job has been killing me. Combine that with some financial difficulty makes the project move slowly. I still I'm working towards it. But it may take longer than expected.
Browning43, in regards to cerakoting the delrin; I don't see why it couldn't be cerakoted. It's definitely something I want to explore.
We'll get there boys. I promise.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#14]
As I said in the past, a Kickstarter or GoFundMe might help get things moving from a financial standpoint. I know I and others would be willing to contribute.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm sorry I've been away boys. My day job has been killing me. Combine that with some financial difficulty makes the project move slowly. I still I'm working towards it. But it may take longer than expected.
Browning43, in regards to cerakoting the delrin; I don't see why it couldn't be cerakoted. It's definitely something I want to explore.
We'll get there boys. I promise.
View Quote
thanks for the update!

Just keep plugging away buddy, I am patient.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:21:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
As I said in the past, a Kickstarter or GoFundMe might help get things moving from a financial standpoint. I know I and others would be willing to contribute.
View Quote
Once I have the final design I think I'm going to end up going that route.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:33:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
The TP9 community is like the HK P7.
We'll get that paid!
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:40:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm in for one when they are ready.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:37:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Man, if I could put the proper VFG and a folding stock on it I would SO change my mind about owning a TP9. Subscribing to this thread.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:44:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm not dead yet.
Most recent prototype that I just finished printing.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Looking awesome!
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm not dead yet.
Most recent prototype that I just finished printing.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/418820/IMG_20170820_154232-285432.JPG
View Quote
Looking good!  Let me know if you need a tester.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:59:52 AM EDT
[#23]
You should put a nub on top that slots into the serial number hole for shear strength.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Alright, prototype is running. Will have pics when it's finished in a few hours hopefully.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:30:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Yes please :)
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Having a bit of a bolt hole alignment issue but the fit seems good otherwise. Will work it out in DMs.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Having a bit of a bolt hole alignment issue but the fit seems good otherwise. Will work it out in DMs.
View Quote
Pics! Pics! Words feel good but pics *ARE* good!

Maybe the bolt holes can be drilled after the matter?
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's going to need a bit of a shift on the design. It's like a dollar worth of materials to print these(ETA: fine print on this I'm not doing a 100% fill on the prototypes, much less time/mats to print it out). Not a big deal though. I'll post pics when it matches up properly.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 3:14:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's going to need a bit of a shift on the design. It's like a dollar worth of materials to print these(ETA: fine print on this I'm not doing a 100% fill on the prototypes, much less time/mats to print it out). Not a big deal though. I'll post pics when it matches up properly.
View Quote
Sounds good! Can't wait!

As for an update on my part, modelling on the allow lowers is nearly done. I just need ti figure out what to do about the barrel retention block and the recoil assembly plate!
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sweet. We're getting close boys!
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Haven't been this excited about anything firearm related in a while.  

Good stuff!
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#32]
New design going out to Top Secret now. Slowly but surely gents.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks for the update!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#34]
If anyone is looking, there are 30 round mags on GB for $48.87.  Lowest price I've seen since DS Arms had them in stock.

Might need to get another half dozen....
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Printing today. Will update with pictures tonight.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 12:43:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes please!
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yes please!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes please!
Apologies for the delay. Ended up hosting some hurricane refugees this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:28:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
No problem man. Lots of folks need help. Thank for helping them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Good on you! Definitely a worthy reason!
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Updates!

Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Very cool.  What file are you working with?
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Yea man, that looks awesome.
If you want I would send some files over for the foregrip. Im not 100% savvy on the file types and compatibility though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#43]
That looks awesome!

Update on my end, printer parts I was waiting on are in and I should be up and running today with the print.

Edit: After several hours of tuning from a new nozzle we are finally running.

Last attempt had a bit of this going on.

(If you can't tell I'm a bit new at this)
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Alright, running a second print now that's a bit slower because it went spaghetti mode near the top, but this model is looking great otherwise.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:14:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Sounds like were getting closer!!

Thanks again for the effort.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:44:15 AM EDT
[#46]
The second print went a bit better but I'm probably going to have to slow it down more. The transition from the vertical part of the grip to the shelf is pretty rough for the printer. Obviously won't be a problem if it gets done in delrin though. I'll try and get it cleaned up for a photo today.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The second print went a bit better but I'm probably going to have to slow it down more. The transition from the vertical part of the grip to the shelf is pretty rough for the printer. Obviously won't be a problem if it gets done in delrin though. I'll try and get it cleaned up for a photo today.
View Quote
Are you using sacrificial scaffolding for the print or just the body of the grip?

New pics and more progress! Huge thanks to Dan Haga for his help with this. Just need to figure out what to do about the barrel retaining block and recoil rod retaining plate at the rear...

Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:55:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Are you using sacrificial scaffolding for the print or just the body of the grip?

New pics and more progress! Huge thanks to Dan Haga for his help with this. Just need to figure out what to do about the barrel retaining block and recoil rod retaining plate at the rear...

https://i.imgur.com/OE1g1js.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fYcbQ6g.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/OE1g1js.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fYcbQ6g.jpg
The file I have isn't setup for supports, but I'll give it another run tomorrow and try it inverted. It's a bit harder to start from that direction, but the mounting holes might come out better. Your file is looking pretty good.

ETA: Started it again tonight, looking much better, maybe even picture worthy.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm confused... are you doing a vertical grip, or an entire frame?
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm confused... are you doing a vertical grip, or an entire frame?
View Quote
I'm helping HALFNATTYGAINZ with the vertical grip, KiloBravo93 is doing a frame.
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top