Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 33
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi guys, I recently bought a TP9-N from Shooting Surplus. I’d watched MAC and Alabama Arsenal vids on YT forever and then lurked around on here.  I appreciate the community, it helped me make my decision. Took her to the range today and it ran like a sewing machine. Only thing I don’t like is the trigger, but it’s not near as bad as some make it out to be. I’ve just been spoiled by Geissele over the years. I’m hoping the new ShootingRight trigger will be well reviewed, may try one when they’re out. While at the range today I shot my Scorpion with binary trigger. Ton of fun, wish they’d make one for the TP9.

I’m already hunting an APC9.  Two vendors sent me back in stock notifications today

Is there an easy way to post pictures from an iPad? I looked around seems it can only be done by PC or URL link?
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 10:45:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 12:20:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hi guys, I recently bought a TP9-N from Shooting Surplus. I’d watched MAC and Alabama Arsenal vids on YT forever and then lurked around on here.  I appreciate the community, it helped me make my decision. Took her to the range today and it ran like a sewing machine. Only thing I don’t like is the trigger, but it’s not near as bad as some make it out to be. I’ve just been spoiled by Geissele over the years. I’m hoping the new ShootingRight trigger will be well reviewed, may try one when they’re out. While at the range today I shot my Scorpion with binary trigger. Ton of fun, wish they’d make one for the TP9.

I’m already hunting an APC9.  Two vendors sent me back in stock notifications today

Is there an easy way to post pictures from an iPad? I looked around seems it can only be done by PC or URL link?
View Quote
Honestly the easiest way to post pictures is to buy a membership for $25 and upload direct from your device.
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m curios about the Shooting Right trigger
BUT
Why did they mill instead of EDM the surfaces?
Close to Geiselle prices on their other items so I would have expected that.

We’ll see!
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 10:57:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Well only took 307 days but I finally got to pick up my TP9 suppressor this evening at my dealer. Now to find the time to hit the range.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 10:58:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well only took 307 days but I finally got to pick up my TP9 suppressor this evening at my dealer. Now to find the time to hit the range.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/05A1D2DF-127F-4AED-B3B1-D7B80F0189FE_jpeg-1095168.JPG
View Quote
Congratulations!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 5:59:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/05A1D2DF-127F-4AED-B3B1-D7B80F0189FE_jpeg-1095168.JPG
View Quote
Awesome! Mine was approved on Tuesday. Hopefully I will get the can by next week.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Congrats man... looks awesome!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 7:38:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Looking good.

The TP9 was my first large volume can, as I normally just get K models. The sound reduction is crazy even with supersonic rounds. Almost reminds me of a paintball gun.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Form 4 back!
View Quote
Congrats.  Looks nice.  I'm still waiting to get my TP9 suppressor out of NFA jail.  At least my dealer lets me shoot it on occasion...

What do you think of the GHM gen 2 stock on the TP9?  (I'm using the same optic with the standard folding stock.)

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 5:53:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I like it. I haven’t used the standard TP9 stock but I think it offers a more natural cheek weld than the collapsible stock/brace. I think it looks better too. It doesn’t lock but that doesn’t bother me much.  I would love an APC style stock for the TP9 that has a similar length as the GHM9 stock.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I just picked up my TP9-US from my local shop (got a great deal).

It’s a DSA gun, I guess an early generation, with the black magazines. They don’t drop free.

Are there mags that will drop free or is it the mag well that needs modifications?
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone using the TP9 suppressor 3 lug adapter? I tried to put the TP9 Suppressor on a CZ scorpion but it wasn’t mounting. Apparently it’s compatible with HK3 lugs. What other kind of 3 lug is out there and how do I know if I have a HK  3 lug or not? This is obviously my first 3lug suppressor so I have no idea. I put 3 lugs on my PCCs because I thought they were supposed to be universal.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I have the 3 lug adapter for the TP 9 suppressor and it works fine on my HK style 3 lug barrels. I don’t have experience with a Scorpion though.
Here it is on my P26

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anyone using the TP9 suppressor 3 lug adapter? I tried to put the TP9 Suppressor on a CZ scorpion but it wasn’t mounting. Apparently it’s compatible with HK3 lugs. What other kind of 3 lug is out there and how do I know if I have a HK  3 lug or not? This is obviously my first 3lug suppressor so I have no idea. I put 3 lugs on my PCCs because I thought they were supposed to be universal.
View Quote
I'd first verify the Skorpion barrel was cut right by testing another tri-lug accessory.  I built an MP5/10 with an aftermarket barrel that was...fairly distant from the proper spec on the tip diameter.  It's a pretty sensitive feature, so I could see bad ones slipping through.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 10:48:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just picked up my TP9-US from my local shop (got a great deal).

It’s a DSA gun, I guess an early generation, with the black magazines. They don’t drop free.

Are there mags that will drop free or is it the mag well that needs modifications?
View Quote
This user seemed to have some luck modifying the magazines.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Who-has-a-BandT-TP9-/48-477885/?page=24#i5165073
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 10:06:54 PM EDT
[#19]
The magazines don’t drop free in any of my B&T’s when the bolt is locked back. I get why guys would want that function but it doesn’t bother me.
Regarding magazines, has anyone tried the Custom Smith 10 round magazine extensions? I grabbed one on a whim while browsing the CS website and just installed today. I had no idea they existed. It’s been my experience that most gadgets like this have reliability issues but this particular magazine has frequent FTF issues already, I assume due to a bad spring. I’ll try and test it out this weekend.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 5:55:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The magazines don’t drop free in any of my B&T’s when the bolt is locked back. I get why guys would want that function but it doesn’t bother me.
Regarding magazines, has anyone tried the Custom Smith 10 round magazine extensions? I grabbed one on a whim while browsing the CS website and just installed today. I had no idea they existed. It’s been my experience that most gadgets like this have reliability issues but this particular magazine has frequent FTF issues already, I assume due to a bad spring. I’ll try and test it out this weekend.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/3AA1ADB1-F3E5-4EB9-9275-33AF0FD1B69D_jpeg-1103877.JPG
View Quote
I have not, but I just ordered from them the Falcon Charging handle, the straight bow trigger and the AFG. IMO the extension is cool and the added weight might help with dropping free, but it does have the ghetto blaster look.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone know how to disassemble the safety for the N model?
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 12:46:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Does anyone know how to disassemble the safety for the N model?
View Quote
These are both good references:

https://youtu.be/KBkXGWbpBuk

https://youtu.be/UdvQiAIFZww
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

These are both good references:

https://youtu.be/KBkXGWbpBuk

https://youtu.be/UdvQiAIFZww
View Quote
I've seen those and I agree they are good references, I don't think either addresses the safety disassembly for the TP9-N though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I've seen those and I agree they are good references, I don't think either addresses the safety disassembly for the TP9-N though.
View Quote
You're correct.  The second video includes removing the previous version of the safety.  I was thinking once you had the trigger/sear bar out of the way (shown in both videos), you'd have a good view of how to remove the TP9-N safety.  My fault; I do a lot of gunsmithing and tend to figure out a lot of those things based on prior experience.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Has B&T released an updated version of the armorers manual for the second gen MP9s?
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#26]
What kind of Red Dots are you all putting in your TP9's?
ETA: I should also ask what mount you're using.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 9:46:40 PM EDT
[#27]
I mostly run Aimpoint Micro’s on mine, plus the Nano on the USW and 1 Trijicon MRO. I prefer the Aimpoints personally.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 10:57:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I mostly run Aimpoint Micro’s on mine, plus the Nano on the USW and 1 Trijicon MRO. I prefer the Aimpoints personally.
View Quote
My setups are very similar.  I've got Aimpoint Micros on the APCs (low mounts), Trijicon MROs on the GHMs (co-witness mounts), and a Nano on the TP9 (low mount).

One of the Micros and the Nano are on B&T QD mounts.  The other Micros are on American Defense QD mounts.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 11:32:13 PM EDT
[#29]
I run low mounts on all. The B&T BUIS being in the lower 1/4 field of view when folded on the GHMs and KH9 caused me to try Bobro low rider BUIS, but now the B&T BUIS doesn’t bother me, a lot of people remove the BUIS all together, but leave them on.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#30]
the BUIS have a wide notch that is far too wide for use with the stock or brace. Held at pistol length though, they could be good.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#31]
I finally got around to shooting the TP9-N I have had since December this week.  Very pleasantly surprised, I hadn't expected it to be such a soft shooter.  Now if the ATF would get off their ass and approve my companion suppressor.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I finally got around to shooting the TP9-N I have had since December this week.  Very pleasantly surprised, I hadn't expected it to be such a soft shooter.  Now if the ATF would get off their ass and approve my companion suppressor.
View Quote
So much more enjoyable with the suppressor
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:01:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Have a new black TP9-N on the line for $1650, seems like a good enough deal to me, I’ve been wanting one, plan to buy on Monday.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#34]
it's nice to see that Steyr's TMP lives on and is seeing further development.  I almost bought one at a gunshow back in the 90's but talked myself out of it for some reason
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
it's nice to see that Steyr's TMP lives on and is seeing further development.  I almost bought one at a gunshow back in the 90's but talked myself out of it for some reason
View Quote
nobody wanted them back then...  even though people were paying out the nose for MP5K style pistols from HK
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
nobody wanted them back then...  even though people were paying out the nose for MP5K style pistols from HK
View Quote
There wasn't/isn't any way to SBR (or brace if you're into that sort of thing) the Steyr SPP.  Can't even fit a vertical foregrip.  They are totally impractical and can still be had cheap for this reason.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There wasn't/isn't any way to SBR (or brace if you're into that sort of thing) the Steyr SPP.  Can't even fit a vertical foregrip.  They are totally impractical and can still be had cheap for this reason.
View Quote
The original Steyr gun absolutely had a vfg and stock options. They just weren't available to the US civilian market

Link Posted: 10/6/2019 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The original Steyr gun absolutely had a vfg and stock options. They just weren't available to the US civilian market
View Quote
Yes but you're referencing a gun you "almost bought one at a gunshow back in the 90's" which would be the SPP.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#39]
On another note I took my TP9 to the range on Sunday. Damn thing wouldn’t feed 147 grain HPs at all. I was thinking of making the TP9 my primary home defense gun but the fact it won’t chamber hps is a deal breaker. Ran everything else fine and the trigger is getting less gritty with every pull.

Anyone else have this problem?
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The TMP fixed stock is available online for $249.00.
No mods needed for a SPP SBR.
B&T used to have the same fixed stock listed for the MP9/TP9 around the time of DSA imports.

They are much nicer to shoot with the stock. I would buy one but can’t justify it with my TP9s.

ETA you can add the B&T lower pic rail to the SPP as well. Custom Smith’s MP9 style VFG would also fit. Just need to drill two holes.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
On another note I took my TP9 to the range on Sunday. Damn thing wouldn’t feed 147 grain HPs at all. I was thinking of making the TP9 my primary home defense gun but the fact it won’t chamber hps is a deal breaker. Ran everything else fine and the trigger is getting less gritty with every pull.

Anyone else have this problem?
View Quote
Not at all in mine. I run HST 147grs in mine consistently.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Is the B&T holster the inly option, other than a sling.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wish I'd have picked one up when the price was a bit cheaper.

Definitely my favorite gun at this point. The proprietary silencer held me back as well.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
With that thing you have a gun longer than an MP5A3.  No wonder it fell flat.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Whats is the best mount to get a Arisaka or Scout on the left side of my TP9-N, is it possible to mount another rail?

ETA - Ordered a Haley Thorntail looks like it will do the trip if I mount it on the top rail.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Steyr has always been terrible at marketing. They were going to destroy the molds, fixtures and IP for the TMP/SPP. That’s how Brugge and Thomet were able to buy the platform.

That coupled with the 1994 AWB didn’t help.

The SBR SPP is a sweet shooter and very light weight.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Whats is the best mount to get a Arisaka or Scout on the left side of my TP9-N, is it possible to mount another rail?

ETA - Ordered a Haley Thorntail looks like it will do the trip if I mount it on the top rail.
View Quote
You can add the rail that B&T sells to the top cover. They used to sell the top cover with rails on both sides but you can’t use the holster. Those are relatively rare in the USA.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
I use an Arisaka on my side rail. The stock can still fold with it, but it does contact the mount.

ETA: In light of AlphaThree's post, I do use it with a tape switch.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Please post pics. I have been looking for better lighting options. The right rail is useless without a remote switch. The suppressor mount is slightly better but still not great.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 11:49:16 PM EDT
[#50]
It’s a no-go, doesn’t fit i. this application. I found having a low mounted light on the right side worked well you can operate it with your trigger finger for on off, since all our youtube commandoes seem to be crazy about side finger discipline it should be a natural position for most. My problem is theres a laser, the. a light and no way to fold anything.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top