BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 33
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 5:55:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I love it. I just submitted a Form 1 but i think even when its approved I will keep that brace on. The button needs to be pressed to extend it.
View Quote
Well, if you're going to spend the coin, it better function well!  I'll probably go with the collapsible stock as well. Thanks for your time!
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So after a week of messing with the TP9, I love it. The Aimpoint Nano is awesome. Just submitted the form 1 so I will get the grip on it which will further increase the handling. My biggest complaint is the bolt release. It is extremely hard to depress to allow the bolt to go forward and it s tiny. Does anyone make an extended bolt release?

Also, a Magwell would be awesome for this. Anyone make one? I assume one could be 3D printed pretty easily. Other than the bolt release and the fact I don’t have the TP9 suppressor, I’m really happy with the TP9.
View Quote
B&T makes an extended bolt release. It is standard on US TP9 from 2016 onwards. Early DSArms imported versions can be upgraded.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

B&T makes an extended bolt release. It is standard on US TP9 from 2016 onwards. Early DSArms imported versions can be upgraded.
View Quote
What does the extended one look like? Mine seems awfully small to be considered extended.

Here is mine:

Attachment Attached File

Looks slightly different than this one:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What does the extended one look like? Mine seems awfully small to be considered extended.

Here is mine:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299341/BABC9A64-43D9-4596-A532-E53099C4F0F3_jpeg-727774.JPG

Looks slightly different than this one:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299341/A4950CEF-43A0-4BA8-9544-306D0ECB33D0_jpeg-727772.JPG
View Quote
The extended bolt release is included in the new spare parts set.

And for the B&T Fan that is also at SOT holder.......... a Factory Steyr TMP!!!  (Not my Auction)

Post Sample Steyr TMP
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Error correction on the Form 1: TP9 not TP9-US
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I got a correction letter on a Form 1 last year. I mailed it back corrected the same day I received it. I received my stamp 23 days later.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Was it a paper form? IIRC on the form 1 I just efiled, it MADE me select TP9-US from the drop down. I can’t open the PDF on my phone to confirm. Hope I didn’t screw up mhm form 1
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Was it a paper form? IIRC on the form 1 I just efiled, it MADE me select TP9-US from the drop down. I can’t open the PDF on my phone to confirm. Hope I didn’t screw up mhm form 1
View Quote
The drop down is a trap. There’s a lot of garbage in there.

You’ll probably need to correct the error. TP9-US isn’t the correct model.

Sorry for the news.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine was approved with TP9-US
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 9:54:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hopefully he gets his through this way too. My correction letter said TP9 was the only model number known.

My own fault for not following the engraved info.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 8:02:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hopefully he gets his through this way too. My correction letter said TP9 was the only model number known.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least it sounds like turnaround with eforms is pretty low. Might be time to pick up the N.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 8:08:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

At least it sounds like turnaround with eforms is pretty low. Might be time to pick up the N.
View Quote
That’s the thing. This is the N. Stupid NFA.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 8:16:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NFA is always a good time.

Any word if they are going to sell the factory braced/angled grip model they released a picture of?
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Any word if they are going to sell the factory braced/angled grip model they released a picture of?
View Quote
If you guys want to compile a list of questions I’ll go direct to B&T for some answers this week.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you guys want to compile a list of questions I’ll go direct to B&T for some answers this week.
View Quote
Any chance of an AR magwell adapter for b&t 9mm mags?  Maybe a B&T AR upper as well?
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Any chance of an AR magwell adapter for b&t 9mm mags?  Maybe a B&T AR upper as well?
View Quote
Oh. That’s a cool idea.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
How about suggestions?

TP9 Jet Funnel Magwell
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Form 1 approved in 9 days..get on it boys! Too bad I’m only a month in on the can.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Just got form 1 back in 14 days.  Who knows how long on the 4 though

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sliding stock ETA would be good.

Wishlist is 40 round mags and a .22LR TP380.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 7:35:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1,000,000 on the .22lr TP380... 22lr and 12ga are a serious hole in B&T's offerings that I would love to see closed...
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

+1,000,000 on the .22lr TP380... 22lr and 12ga are a serious hole in B&T's offerings that I would love to see closed...
View Quote
.22lr TP380 would be an epic suppressor host with full capacity mags. It would still be a non-militart caliber for the markets that the TP380 was intended for. I'm kind of surprised Karl hasn't released any .22 lr offerings with their strong history of suppressor innovation.

Also, when is the VP9 going to make it over?
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/16629/621DC45D-19A7-4516-BCC5-E837891FDDFC_jpeg-730034.JPG
View Quote
Thats dead sexy but looks a lot like $4000 as well. That’s a lot for a range toy.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
I missed that release. Have a copy of the picture?
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Is there any way to mount an Obsidian can on these?
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/16629/621DC45D-19A7-4516-BCC5-E837891FDDFC_jpeg-730034.JPG
View Quote
Really??? Form 1 back in 14 days?
E filed?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:59:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/09/18/potd-bt-tp9-n-with-aimpoint-nano-and-suppressor/

Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Thats dead sexy but looks a lot like $4000 as well. That’s a lot for a range toy.
View Quote
Just wait til I put my ATPAL-C on there

Quoted:

Really??? Form 1 back in 14 days?
E filed?
View Quote
yes sir, took a couple days longer than my first batch which took 11 days.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They are selling that as a non-nfa pistol?
View All Quotes
If you’re referring to the vertical grip, there was a thread some time back in which someone had asked the ATF for a ruling on vertical grips. Apparently the ATF stated, if the grip is NOT 90 degrees perpendicular, IT IS NOT considered a vertical grip. I never researched the issue any further because my TP9 is an SBR,  but assume it kosher.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They are selling that as a non-nfa pistol?
View Quote
I don't think they sell it that way.  Likely pieced together for a trade show by someone of Swiss descent who probably thinks our laws are weird.

The B&T factory tail hook adapter is available.  I bought one from Custom Smith awhile ago.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If you’re referring to the vertical grip, there was a thread some time back in which someone had asked the ATF for a ruling on vertical grips. Apparently the ATF stated, if the grip is NOT 90 degrees perpendicular, IT IS NOT considered a vertical grip. I never researched the issue any further because my TP9 is an SBR,  but assume it kosher.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yeah that's why I was waiting to hear if they'll sell it like that from the factory.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 3:55:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Where is everybody engraving their info once their form 1 is approved? Barrel? Receiver? Trying to find the most non conspicuous spot but obviously want to be legal.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:36:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't think they sell it that way.  Likely pieced together for a trade show by someone of Swiss descent who probably thinks our laws are weird.  
View Quote
I talked to B&T at SuppressedFest yesterday as they had a TP9 configured that way on the table. He said all of their demo/display guns are SBRs and they just put Tailhooks on them to show off accessories that are available, nothing more. So, the whole ‘angled, not vertical’ grip may be legal is nothing.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Where is everybody engraving their info o
nce their form 1 is approved? Barrel? Receiver? Trying to find the most non conspicuous spot but obviously want to be legal.
View Quote
The "trunnion" that the barrel guide locks into can be engraved and covered. (I cant remember what this is referred to in the armorer's manual and I'm on  the road) B&T changed where all their markings go since the early DSA imports and have the port side of the top cover slotted to expose the engraving they put on the "trunnion". It looks like they just popped a blank in the mold where DSA'S import info is on the starbort aft side. It's probably cheaper to engrave the "trunnion" and bottom plate than mold a bunch of different runs for each country.

It would all be covered by the top cover.

If any of you guys who have posted in this thread want the armorer's manual, PM me.  Please, B&T owners only. Im Not interested in money. I just want to help my fellow B&T addicts!
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Oh. That’s a cool idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh. That’s a cool idea.
Yeah, we really need to get some other SMG's using the B&T/Steyr pattern mags.  They are an excellent design, essentially a polymer version of the Colt SMG/Uzi scheme, and therefore would be an excellent alternative to guns using those old clunky steel boxes, or SMGs that need straight sticks.  Get Magpul/Lancer/someone producing a nice compatible or identical mag for less money and I think it'd see pretty widespread adoption before long.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Picked up the TP9 less than two weeks ago. Form 1 approved today. Keeping the brace on there unless I find something I like better than the folding stock.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Very Nice Setup
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#40]
The TP380 LIVES!

MAC shot the TP380 Prototype during his B+T Factory tour. It had:

- .380 ACP Chambering. This has been cited by B+T as a way to market in markets like South America that be prohibit military calibers.
- Unlocked, closed bolt blow back action with MP9 style pocket for .380 case to be used as lever if action frozen. TP9 form throughout.
- Vz. 61 style non rececipricating charging studs
- New, double stack, single feed magazine.
- USW type folding stock
- Last round bolt hold open
- Railed upper
- Makes an Aimpoint Micro look HUGE
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The TP380 LIVES!

MAC shot the TP380 Prototype during his B+T Factory tour. It had:

- .380 ACP Chambering. This has been cited by B+T as a way to market in markets like South America that be prohibit military calibers.
- Unlocked, closed bolt blow back action with MP9 style pocket for .380 case to be used as lever if action frozen. TP9 form throughout.
- Vz. 61 style non rececipricating charging studs
- New, double stack, single feed magazine.
- USW type folding stock
- Last round bolt hold open
- Railed upper
- Makes an Aimpoint Micro look HUGE
View Quote
Hopefully I can post his videos here.

35min for the TP380
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 3:27:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Just found this thread after seeing an image of telescoping stock with GHW tailhook brace on and searching for it.  My 2 questions if someone is able to shed some light:

1) In lieu of the GHW tailhook, would the buttpad taken off the APC9 work?  The online dealer I purchased my TP9 from says he thinks "should fit since the screw lines up," but I've been unable to verify.

2) After seeing previous posts above about the turnaround time on Form 1 E-Filing SBR being 2 weeks to less than 2 weeks, I'm shocked, is that legit??!  I sent in my Form 1 packet around June/July time frame (I'm of the mindset of fully expecting in excess of 6-12 months on so totally forgot when exactly I sent it in since its so far off), but here I'm reading is far far less than that via E-Filing....
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#43]
For your second question, yes. My last efile was 13 days.

Quoted:
Just found this thread after seeing an image of telescoping stock with GHW tailhook brace on and searching for it.  My 2 questions if someone is able to shed some light:

1) In lieu of the GHW tailhook, would the buttpad taken off the APC9 work?  The online dealer I purchased my TP9 from says he thinks "should fit since the screw lines up," but I've been unable to verify.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/coletam/BT%20TP9/TFB-2015-85_2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/coletam/BT%20TP9/TFB-2015-84.jpg

2) After seeing previous posts above about the turnaround time on Form 1 E-Filing SBR being 2 weeks to less than 2 weeks, I'm shocked, is that legit??!  I sent in my Form 1 packet around June/July time frame (I'm of the mindset of fully expecting in excess of 6-12 months on so totally forgot when exactly I sent it in since its so far off), but here I'm reading is far far less that via E-Filing....
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:13:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
For your second question, yes. My last efile was 13 days.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:24:20 AM EDT
[#45]
I don't suppose there would be any black friday deals on a TP9-N??
Haha...
.ha..
ha.
......I have no money
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 5:58:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
If it makes you feel any better, my paper Form 1 for the TP9 is at 260ish days.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/coletam/BT%20TP9/TFB-2015-85_2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/coletam/BT%20TP9/TFB-2015-84.jpg

2) After seeing previous posts above about the turnaround time on Form 1 E-Filing SBR being 2 weeks to less than 2 weeks, I'm shocked, is that legit??!  I sent in my Form 1 packet around June/July time frame (I'm of the mindset of fully expecting in excess of 6-12 months on so totally forgot when exactly I sent it in since its so far off), but here I'm reading is far far less than that via E-Filing....
View Quote
I had three eforms approved in 10 days.

As for the butt pad if someone wants to send me theirs I will Ben happy to try it out
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Form 1 finally approved. That was painful.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:17:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Can anyone tell me about adapting the TP9 suppressor to normal 3 lugs?
I know there were some rumors or such floating around...
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Can anyone tell me about adapting the TP9 suppressor to normal 3 lugs?
I know there were some rumors or such floating around...
View Quote
https://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=57_123&product_id=404
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top