Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 33
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:20:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the update. I was wondering how much longer I was going to need to stand by.

-VP9 cans: what are they threaded for?

I'm still jonesin for my new TP9 but happy to see a 3 lug mount for the can. Looking forward to "additional B&T news" too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Thanks for the update. I was wondering how much longer I was going to need to stand by.

-VP9 cans: what are they threaded for?

I'm still jonesin for my new TP9 but happy to see a 3 lug mount for the can. Looking forward to "additional B&T news" too.
It looks metric, but I think the barrel might be ported to use the area behind the threads.

Link Posted: 1/25/2018 9:09:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I really hope they produce a VP9 without a suppressor or any of the accessories for those of us in states without suppressor ownership.

Would love to have one in my possession when I finally move!
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Are there any 3 lug adapters for the TP9? Is the rotating barrel the reason why there isn't?
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 3:14:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are there any 3 lug adapters for the TP9? Is the rotating barrel the reason why there isn't?
View Quote
Yeah you dont want a low volume can and especially a point of constriction (necking it down to 1/2/28)
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Honestly I am so far disappointed in the info released for BT products.  I am not seeing anything new that we didnt know about already or have been waiting for.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Honestly I am so far disappointed in the info released for BT products.  I am not seeing anything new that we didnt know about already or have been waiting for.
View Quote
For the most part I think that's how SHOT is. I do applaud B&T though for listening on the TP9 changes and bringing more products to market. I think I'll be a VP9 buyer when they finally hit. I like Knight's snap on can too but I think the VP9 may satisfy that wiped can itch in a better overall package.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

For the most part I think that's how SHOT is. I do applaud B&T though for listening on the TP9 changes and bringing more products to market. I think I'll be a VP9 buyer when they finally hit. I like Knight's snap on can too but I think the VP9 may satisfy that wiped can itch in a better overall package.
View Quote
I agree.  I always hope to be blown away by something.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#8]
When it comes to giving the customer/buyer what they want, B&T is the antithesis of HK. B&T's proactiveness with its product line blows me away.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
When it comes to giving the customer/buyer what they want, B&T is the antithesis of HK. B&T's proactiveness with its product line blows me away.
View Quote
Yeah.  Took a *little* while replace the SP89.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:47:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:Yeah you dont want a low volume can and especially a point of constriction (necking it down to 1/2/28)
View Quote
Can you elaborate for me? It's a 9mm, so I'm having difficulty understanding.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 9:36:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Disclaimer:  do not quote me on this.

But I do believe that the shroud allows the gases to immediately exit the barrel into a large chamber.

For example,  If you would use a normal pistol can you would have to reduce that Bt proprietary 3lug down to a smaller size.  Yes, that is what you are saying, but the probem would then be that you would constrict the gases after they exit the barrel and before they enter the can.  Which would also cause issues from the can not being large enough diameter to accept the gases I would imagine.  That is the onlu explanation I have beeen able to derive.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

But I do believe that the shroud allows the gases to immediately exit the barrel into a large chamber.

For example,  If you would use a normal pistol can you would have to reduce that Bt proprietary 3lug down to a smaller size.  Yes, that is what you are saying, but the probem would then be that you would constrict the gases after they exit the barrel and before they enter the can.  Which would also cause issues from the can not being large enough diameter to accept the gases I would imagine.  That is the onlu explanation I have beeen able to derive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct that you can't run a standard volume can on the MP9/TP9/MP14.  The dedicated Rotex has a huge blast chamber.  A regular volume can turns the barrel into a piston and hammers the pin against the barrel.  There was a dude that set his threaded TP9 up with a small can and damaged his barrel.  I can pull pics if you want.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You are correct that you can't run a standard volume can on the MP9/TP9/MP14.  The dedicated Rotex has a huge blast chamber.  A regular volume can turns the barrel into a piston and hammers the pin against the barrel.  There was a dude that set his threaded TP9 up with a small can and damaged his barrel.  I can pull pics if you want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

Basically as soon as the bullet exits the bore it needs to be into a large chamber.  Thats why even if you adapted it to a regular can it wouldnt be correct.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks guys, I found the threads. Going to pass on the TP9 as I can't easily suppress it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks guys, I found the threads. Going to pass on the TP9 as I can't easily suppress it.
View Quote
This is what turned me off of it initially, but I finally caved and got mine. Stamp times seem to be nosediving.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Any news on the adapter to run the TP9 can on another 9mm? I've seen several pics but no hard info on price or where to obtain one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Any news on the adapter to run the TP9 can on another 9mm? I've seen several pics but no hard info on price or where to obtain one.
View Quote
I have one of the preproduction models. They are being slightly redesigned and should be out soon.

I’ll get pics.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 10:17:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks, I'll be on the lookout. I'm going to be ordering a TP9 suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 11:11:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thanks, I'll be on the lookout. I'm going to be ordering a TP9 suppressor.
View Quote
I have had one approved since the beginning of November and still havent picked it up.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 12:06:53 AM EDT
[#20]
LOL...so jelly
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:27:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#22]
If Silencer Shop would start carrying B&T suppressors it would probably push me over the edge to buy this gun and order the suppressor
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If Silencer Shop would start carrying B&T suppressors it would probably push me over the edge to buy this gun and order the suppressor
View Quote
Same here. I posted in the SS industry forum about them carrying B&T. They were meeting at SHOT this past week so hopefully they came to an agreement.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 10:02:07 PM EDT
[#24]
What's the chance I get a good deal on a TP9(older version) so that I can finish up this grip project?
Not actually attach it though, just use it for measurements.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What's the chance I get a good deal on a TP9(older version) so that I can finish up this grip project?
Not actually attach it though, just use it for measurements.
View Quote
Hawk gunbroker.  Some used DSA imports sell for relatively cheap. It seems like SBRs sell relatively cheaply from my limited research.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Hawk gunbroker.  Some used DSA imports sell for relatively cheap. It seems like SBRs sell relatively cheaply from my limited research.
View Quote
Yea I saw one go for $1250ish a few weeks ago. It's a shame really.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 5:50:12 AM EDT
[#27]
I got the ship notice on my tp9 suppressor from G&R Tactical yesterday.  Now I just need for the TP9-N to come out.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:13:09 AM EDT
[#29]
While at first glance I was , after further thought I am bummed that the red dot is reciprocating and it is not the Aimpoint.  

The price is cheap, but did cost include the stock?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:33:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

While at first glance I was , after further thought I am bummed that the red dot is reciprocating and it is not the Aimpoint.  

The price is cheap, but did cost include the stock?
View Quote
Stock included.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#31]
This is my spock eyebrow going up.

I was literally just looking at getting a USW... this seems like a much, much more palatable option.

I am not very familiar with the P320... which model would make a good base for the USW320? I know they are modular, but let's say a person wanted to only buy one plus the USW kit and be done with it, but get as close to the USW A1 as possible? X Carry? Full size?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Stock included.
View Quote
How many more cool B&T products are on the way??  I need to prioritize my funds!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

How many more cool B&T products are on the way??  I need to prioritize my funds!!!
View Quote
I’ve been told not to turn this into a safe thread, so I’m not going to hint one way or the other.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Amen brother... B&T is sending most of us to the poor house!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I’ve been told not to turn this into a safe thread, so I’m not going to hint one way or the other.
View Quote
Well then, I guess I have to wait for my glock mag APC 9 with quick disconnect barrel....
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Well then, I guess I have to wait for my glock mag APC 9 with quick disconnect barrel....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and my TP9 with a folding Magpul FMG style pistol grip...
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:13:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Sorry for being late to the party!  Any chance I can be added to the list for a TP9 VFG?  Is this project still on the horizon, or has it lost some steam more recently, HALFNATTYGAINZ?  Just wondering because it seems like a lot of folks are leaning toward the TP9-N, but I for one am planning to hang onto my now previous generation.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 6:00:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sorry for being late to the party!  Any chance I can be added to the list for a TP9 VFG?  Is this project still on the horizon, or has it lost some steam more recently, HALFNATTYGAINZ?  Just wondering because it seems like a lot of folks are leaning toward the TP9-N, but I for one am planning to hang onto my now previous generation.
View Quote
If I can actually get this project rolling, lol.
But yes, I'll add you to the list.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 10:22:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Who currently has the dedicated can in stock for a reasonable price?  I just bought a TP9 off Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 1:08:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Nevermind...I just bought from Lanbos for $913
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Nevermind...I just bought from Lanbos for $913
View Quote
That's the best price I've found so far. There's a wide range of prices I've seen on these.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#42]
I may need a place to live when my wife divorces me
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
I absolutely love B&T but I sure wish HK would wake up and smell the coffee. It's hard to believe they are going to just sit back and watch B&T explode the higher end PCC market while they just continue to sit on their hands. The whole darn thing is nothing short of madness...
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I may need a place to live when my wife divorces me
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/10/2018 4:58:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Any news on when we can order the TP9-N?
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. I'm at least going to have to get one.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Patiently waiting here too! I need my PCC fix.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Patiently waiting here too! I need my PCC fix.
View Quote
Me three...
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#49]
#Soon
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 12:08:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Oh boy, just got my tax return. It's gonna be real hard not to spend it on a TP9.
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top