Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 33
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:18:07 PM EDT
[#1]
When it comes to 22LR stuff I tend to pass unless it is something I can't have any other way.

... like a 22LR HK MP7. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When it comes to 22LR stuff I tend to pass unless it is something I can't have any other way.

... like a 22LR HK MP7. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
View Quote
Was going to post the same thing. I think that's the itch the TP9 scratches for me. The wannabe MP7.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Was going to post the same thing. I think that's the itch the TP9 scratches for me. The wannabe MP7.
View Quote
What would be reallllly sweet MP7 alternative would be a B&T MP9 in 5.7x28 that takes FsN 20+30rd mags.

I plan on begging the B&T booth for one at SHOT this year.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’m not understanding the 380 love. Why not just 9mm?

Can’t wait to order a TP9-N
View Quote
For actual combat use, 9mm all day erryday. But for a fun gun / suppressor host - the TP380 has some serious appeal.

The form factor is even more compact:

It also uses a regularly threaded barrel, so it can use a conventional 9mm suppressor (not just the uber cool but uber expensive Rotex for the MP9).

Lastly, .380 operates at 16-20kpsi and uses 2-3gr powder, vs 30-38kpsi and 5-8gr powder. So I imagine that the TP380 will be a good deal quieter then the MP9 suppressed.

TL;DR - TP380 is a tiny, state of the art and super quiet suppressor host.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

For actual combat use, 9mm all day erryday. But for a fun gun / suppressor host - the TP380 has some serious appeal.

http://aftermathgunclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/TP380-Compare-1.jpg

It also uses a regularly threaded barrel, so it can use a conventional 9mm suppressor (not just the uber cool but uber expensive Rotex for the MP9).

Lastly, .380 operates at 16-20kpsi and uses 2-3gr powder, vs 30-38kpsi and 5-8gr powder. So I imagine that the TP380 will be a good deal quieter then the MP9 suppressed.

View Quote
Curious if it’s a direct blowbacknor if it has some form of a delay, since clearly it does not have the same barrel shroud/delay as the MP9.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 8:36:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Now that is a convincing argument! Thanks.

Quoted:

http://aftermathgunclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/TP380-Compare-1.jpg

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Now that is a convincing argument! Thanks.
View Quote
Glad to help! Also, huge fan of The Firearms Blog, thanks for all of the great coverage you guys do. I hit TFB before reading the news every morning, so it's an important part of my day.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Curious if it’s a direct blowbacknor if it has some form of a delay, since clearly it does not have the same barrel shroud/delay as the MP9.
View Quote
I'm curious as well. I suspect it's likely a direct blowback, then with some type of urethane/shock absorbing rubber buffer that the bolt impacts.

I'll be at SHOT and will ask them (along with begging them for a TP9 that takes Glock mags and a 5.7 TP9.)
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm curious as well. I suspect it's likely a direct blowback, then with some type of urethane/shock absorbing rubber buffer that the bolt impacts.

I'll be at SHOT and will ask them (along with begging them for a TP9 that takes Glock mags and a 5.7 TP9.)
View Quote
I posted a Glock mag meme on IG last week. B&T responded with “maybe”.

https://instagram.com/p/BdX3BnWgwnE/

Thanks for the kind words about TFB. We have fun.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:50:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Unless I misremember, Tim @ B&T once told me that it is blowback (of some kind), for sure no relation to the tp9's operating system.

I pretty well remember him saying that he doesnt understand what all the desire for it is.  Something to the tune of "if you could put a Glock 42 in a chassis you would be just as well off.", at the time ETS hadnt even announced their extended mags for the 42 and I told him that was another reason the tp380 had an advantage that couldnt me matched.

Eta: this was in the spring of 2016 when they were just getting going with suppressors and such.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The USW stock has the same problem. It has a bump gap, but in the wrong place to work. I'll probably just cut down a standard stock.

ETA: I would also very much be in for a .22lr TP380.
View Quote
THAT would be awesome.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#12]
God damn, B&T is awesome.
I didn't really like the idea of .380 tp9 but the fact that it's smaller and can use a regular suppressor is pretty damn cool.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got B&T accessories from this guy before and he is top notch. I saw this deal on magazines for $46 and thought I'd share
https://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've got B&T accessories from this guy before and he is top notch. I saw this deal on magazines for $46 and thought I'd share
https://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store
View Quote
THSF is good people. I’ve thought about buying my TP9 can from them but I’m hesitant to buy it before I get the TP9N just to make sure it’s what I want to do.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 2:48:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey is anyone here handy with Photoshop?

I want to pitch B&T at SHOT on:
-A TP9 that takes Glock mags
-A TP9 in 5.7x28 that takes Five Seven mags

Could anyone here do a photoshop mockup of what a TP9/MP9 would look like with a G19 Gen 5 grip of FN Five Seven grip?

I feel like having a visual prop will make a better case for both.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Could anyone here do a photoshop mockup of what a TP9/MP9 would look like with a G19 Gen 5 grip of FN Five Seven grip?

View Quote
I would give anything for the 5.7, but I see zero chance of them doing either one.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I would give anything for the 5.7, but I see zero chance of them doing either one.
View Quote
Yeah I'm not holding my breath, but I have to give it a try all the same.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#18]
On a somewhat related note:

For those with TP9's, do your mags drop free when empty?

Mine don't, some report that theirs do.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah I'm not holding my breath, but I have to give it a try all the same.
View Quote
Fingers crossed.

It would be awesome.  Please check on that tp380 also.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 7:57:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Glock mag thing would be cool. Other than you know, I just bought a bunch of TP9 mags.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Just doing a quick update on the grip project. I'm going to change a few dimensions based feedback I've received.
I found another company that does 3d printing but its much stronger than some of the others I've dealt with in the past. They sent me out little .125" thick "cards" samples of different materials. 2 of them I couldn't  break with my hands. I'm getting some .125" delrin to compare it too. As much as I would have liked it to be cnc'ed I simply can't find anyone do to it for a reasonable price. But this is pretty cool because it will allow me to get cheaper production samples before we do the big order.
The bad news is we're getting more delays. The good news is I'm learning. So next thing that I decide to make will hopefully be much easier to get to you guys.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#22]
nvm
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
On a somewhat related note:

For those with TP9's, do your mags drop free when empty?

Mine don't, some report that theirs do.
View Quote
My magazines always drop free. My TP9 is a Gen 3 B&T.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm actually communicating with a company called solid concepts. You may know them from when they printed a DMLS 1911. They also had a hand in prototyping the Hudson HS9. Pretty cool company so hopefully I won't have to speak in code with them like some other companies, lol.
"It's a um.. paintball gun grip"
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank you. If you don't mind me asking, is that with the bolt open?

Mine's a Gen 2(?) DSA import but with the 3 lug barrel, not the original threaded import.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Mine's a Gen 2(?) DSA import but with the 3 lug barrel, not the original threaded import.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both open or closed. If mag release is pressed, the magazines freely fall out.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#27]
In my gen 1 DSA gun the empty mags definitely do not drop free.

I have a smattering of original solid black Steyr TMP mags, the original mags my TP9 came with, and various generations of B&T mags.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm actually communicating with a company called solid concepts. You may know them from when they printed a DMLS 1911. They also had a hand in prototyping the Hudson HS9. Pretty cool company so hopefully I won't have to speak in code with them like some other companies, lol.
"It's a um.. paintball gun grip"
View Quote
sent you a pm.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Got my Lage forward canted vertical grip today. Not blown away, but better than the Magpul MOE I had on it. HALFNATTYGAINZ, you need to come through,  before I have spent enough to buy a TP9-N on vertical grips for my current TP9

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Got my Lage forward canted vertical grip today. Not blown away, but better than the Magpul MOE I had on it. HALFNATTYGAINZ, you need to come through, before I have spent enough to buy a TP9-N on vertical grips for my current TP9

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/IMG_1250-428382.JPG
View Quote
Looks good and LOL at your comment.

I'm hoping to hear this week at Shot when the TP9N will be available. I'm tempted to go ahead and get the suppressor going but it seems like bad juju to buy a specific can without even trying the host out yet.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm waiting to file my taxes and see how much I'm going to get hosed before I order a can but my goal is to get a TP9 can and either a standard 3 lug can or a thread on for my USW. Both would be an awesome luxury. We'll see.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm waiting to file my taxes and see how much I'm going to get hosed before I order a can but my goal is to get a TP9 can and either a standard 3 lug can or a thread on for my USW. Both would be an awesome luxury. We'll see.
View Quote
Man, everytime I see your avatar I think of the USW haha.

Im ready to buy one, and its been on my mind long enough that I know its more than a compulsive purchase.

My only fear is dropping the coin on it and finding out about a striker fired version.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Either way, you won't regret it. I have a feeling they may drop a striker fire at SHOT. It's was supposed to be out last fall but I got tired of waiting.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Has anyone made it to their booth yet?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 5:46:25 PM EDT
[#35]
I haven't seen any B&T SHOT posts yet but I'm waiting as well.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#36]
I saw a few photos on Instagram. There was an APC9SD and a drum mag for the APC9. It's hard to tell if the drum mag will fit the TP9.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeT5yCen2yz/
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 8:44:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I saw a few photos on Instagram. There was an APC9SD and a drum mag for the APC9. It's hard to tell if the drum mag will fit the TP9.

View Quote
It looks to me like it would need a new tower for the TP9.

Hopefully I am wrong.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:04:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Hopefully I am wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully I am wrong.
Yeah that would need a new tower for a TP9. Looks like an X-Products drum. Hopefully they'll make one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:10:59 PM EDT
[#39]
TP9 can with new mount?

Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#40]
They said they were going to release a tri-lug adapter for the TP9 suppressor... that might be it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
TP9 can with new mount?

https://i.imgur.com/9qb31fC.png
View Quote
Isn't that a GHM9?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:48:06 PM EDT
[#42]
I have a bunch of pics. Standby.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:52:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
@goloud get us the scoop on the striker fired USW or lack there of.

Please and thank you.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:57:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Isn't that a GMH9?
View Quote
Yes but the suppressor appears to be the TP9 specific can which means B&T is giving it different mount options.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 11:05:05 AM EDT
[#45]
If anyone passes by today, put in a request for a TP9 slider stock/brace for me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 11:46:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If anyone passes by today, put in a request for a TP9 slider stock/brace for me.
View Quote
+2
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thank you!

Also +1 on that stock.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 5:29:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
+2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+2
Add .22 versions of the TP-380 and VP-9 while you're at it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 11:15:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks for the update. I was wondering how much longer I was going to need to stand by.

-VP9 cans: what are they threaded for?

I'm still jonesin for my new TP9 but happy to see a 3 lug mount for the can. Looking forward to "additional B&T news" too.
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top