Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2016 3:36:35 PM EDT
Just picked up my new Scorpion. Btw, it's badass and I now see what all the hype is about.  But as I was playing around with it I noticed the muzzle device turns freely with a small ratchet like sound and small piece of metal that clamps on to it but doesn't stop it from spinning.  I've never seen one like this and so far my Google fu hasn't turned up an answer.  What's the purpose of it?

Thanks in advance.

Eta: fixed title
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just picked up my new Scorpion. Btw, it's badass and I now see what all the hype is about.  But as I was playing around with it I noticed the muzzle brake turns freely with a small ratchet like sound and small piece of metal that clamps on to it but doesn't stop it from spinning.  I've never seen one like this and so far my Google fu hasn't turned up an answer.  What's the purpose of it?

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

It doesn't need to be torqued on hard. That spring clip is simple and easy to manufacture and keeps the muzzle device indexed and in place. That's all. It's not a muzzle brake, it's a flash suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The clip should fall in between the splines on the flash hider preventing it from spinning.  If it doesn't the clip needs to be pushed down to its proper position on the barrel behind the nut.  In order to loosen the flash hider you should have to pry it up to over come the spring tension and then you can unscrew it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 12:46:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The clip should fall in between the splines on the flash hider preventing it from spinning.  If it doesn't the clip needs to be pushed down to its proper position on the barrel behind the nut.  In order to loosen the flash hider you should have to pry it up to over come the spring tension and then you can unscrew it.
View Quote

You shouldn't have to pry anything. Unscrewing the flash hider by hand should be enough to get it off.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 2:11:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I meant pry up the clip enough to turn the flash hider.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 2:36:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I meant pry up the clip enough to turn the flash hider.
View Quote

As I said...you shouldn't need to pry anything. The FH should screw off by hand without prying the clip up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top