Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Add me in, if there's a good bit still in circulation!
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 12:21:37 AM EDT
[#2]
TAG.

For when I figure out what this thread is all about

ETA: Yep, mine's welded. How do I get on the list?
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#3]

ETA, maggiethecat is hooking me up, thanks dude.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TAG.

For when I figure out what this thread is all about

ETA: Yep, mine's welded. How do I get on the list?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Are there any bits still circulating?
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I got one from maggiethecat, somehow I managed to break it (and geek my gun) though.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 2:12:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are there any bits still circulating?
View Quote

I've got one I can get sent out if you really want to try it, but it's mostly blunted. They're supposed to cut into the weld pretty easy, but when I did it it took well over an hour,and the flecks of metal it was removing were about the consistency of fine sand. Or smaller.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I went to swap out my trigger and springs this evening, hadn't really looked into where the weld was.
I was watching the video on HB Ind website ... put the hex wrench on the screw, and it popped with little to no force.

I didn't even crank on it at all ... the weld just popped and the screw came out.  Then I realized ... I bet that was the welded part.

Those of you waiting might just try gently unscrewing the screw and see if you have a shitty weld like I had.  In retrospect I'm glad I didn't even mess with trying to drill it.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:06:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey boys.
**CAUTION, POSSIBLE DERAIL****
I'm a little inspired by this thread. Is it at all possible to do something like a tool exchange thread? Say if someone needs a barrel wrench or whatever for a 1 time use they could pass it around like this. I could consider running it however I do work a lot and disappear don't always respond to messages quickly. I'm also not that well known on arfcom so I"m not sure anyone would follow or "pitch in" to my thread.
Thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:31:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hey boys.
I'm a little inspired by this thread. Is it at all possible to do something like a tool exchange thread? Say if someone needs a barrel wrench or whatever for a 1 time use they could pass it around like this. I could consider running it however I do work a lot and disappear don't always respond to messages quickly. I'm also not that well known on arfcom so I"m not sure anyone would follow or "pitch in" to my thread.
Thoughts?
View Quote

I'm currently borrowing an HBI barrel nut wrench
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:08:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey boys.
Thoughts?

Exactly. Things like that. I destroyed my barrel nut trying to get the damn thing off.  (It's cool because I'm planning a "k" build.)
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:31:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Exactly. Things like that. I destroyed my barrel nut trying to get the damn thing off.  (It's cool because I'm planning a "k" build.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey boys.
Thoughts?

Work in progress

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:41:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey boys.
Thoughts?

Work in progress

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll241/ppcseniortrip/Mobile%20Uploads/50885948-43CD-4DA6-9BB9-F7808847402F.jpg

Nice man, hbi handguard?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 2:10:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nice man, hbi handguard?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey boys.
Thoughts?

Work in progress

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll241/ppcseniortrip/Mobile%20Uploads/50885948-43CD-4DA6-9BB9-F7808847402F.jpg

Nice man, hbi handguard?

Yes sir
HBI K

Hopefully getting the barrel chopped soon
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:13:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hey boys.
Thoughts?
View Quote

There is such a thread in ar15 build it forum.  Quite popular
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I went to swap out my trigger and springs this evening, hadn't really looked into where the weld was.
I was watching the video on HB Ind website ... put the hex wrench on the screw, and it popped with little to no force.

I didn't even crank on it at all ... the weld just popped and the screw came out.  Then I realized ... I bet that was the welded part.

Those of you waiting might just try gently unscrewing the screw and see if you have a shitty weld like I had.  In retrospect I'm glad I didn't even mess with trying to drill it.
View Quote

Tried that with my screw started to strip.   Tried cheaper sears drill bits, didn't work.
Went at it with a pointed stone in dremel, ground through the weld, and finished the screw with a drill bit, bought new screw at Ace.
It only had a small tack weld inside the bushing/tip of screw.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'll take the bit if it's still going around.

Otherwise, please add me to the list.

41. ShadowAngel
42. zombies_go_boom
43. ruddogg
44. Divermedic68

Thanks guys!
View Quote

Added my name to the list. Thanks guys this is a  great way to pay it forward.

Just got my evo 2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Tried that with my screw started to strip.   Tried cheaper sears drill bits, didn't work.
Went at it with a pointed stone in dremel, ground through the weld, and finished the screw with a drill bit, bought new screw at Ace.
It only had a small tack weld inside the bushing/tip of screw.
View Quote

What is the thread pattern on the 3mm screw. Or are they all the same pattern.

Thanks
Divermedic
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:13:32 AM EDT
[#18]
M4 x .7  8-12mm in length.   Think it was around .15 or .30 cents
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
M4 x .7  8-12mm in length.   Think it was around .15 or .30 cents
View Quote

Thanks. Just picked up a couple from Lowe's. Also got a carbide bit. Please take me off the list. Just drilled it out from the screw head side and used a punch to get trigger pack out. Used pliers to undo rest of screw. Replaced springs, fully functional!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 5:32:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep mine came out just removing the screw. The weld was very weak. Swapped trigger and reused the same screw. No need for a special bit.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#21]
My Scorpion has the screw head stripped from the factory. Yay me.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I did mine with a handheld drill and a decent bit. It would have been much quicker with a drill press.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Ya....this whole drilling hardened steel thing is madness.

Go from the other end, thank me later.

- Find any old sharp 7/64 drill bit (note, this size bit will not damage the inner hex walls of the screw)
- Cover the shaft in electrical tape where it will go thru the trigger guard.
- Put housing down on table on a rag
- Put drop of oil into the screw socket.
- Drill down .075 or so. This took me all of 10 seconds.
- Remove drill
- Insert allen wrench
- Tap allen gently into socket (make it stuck)
- turn allen counterclockwise to snap off the screw head. If it takes more than 2 fingers force, drill the hole a bit deeper.

Done! Remove safety, take out trigger assembly, and thread the remainder of the screw and welded collar.
- No vice needed
- Drill bit is pre-aligned via trigger guard - no freestyle drilling in proximity to hammer and other polymer protrusions.
- No high speed, or moderate pressure needed.
- No fancy drill bit needed.  
- No cursing at hardened steel

The whole (drilling) job took me under a minute.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#24]
I also drilled out from the trigger guard. Much easier and safer in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:16:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I also drilled out from the trigger guard. Much easier and safer in my opinion.
View Quote

This. Did this on my second Evo. Took 30 seconds or less and was far, far easier.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Deleted, double post.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Do it the easy way. Made a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alIM12biJ8k
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:49:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Do it the easy way. Made a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alIM12biJ8k
View Quote

What is this a video of?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 5:58:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Thank you, very helpful.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Girthrockwel - Thought it was self explanatory, but it is the easier way to remove the welded screw as stated in my above post.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:56:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Ya....this whole drilling hardened steel thing is madness.

Go from the other end, thank me later.

- Find any old sharp 7/64 drill bit (note, this size bit will not damage the inner hex walls of the screw)
- Cover the shaft in electrical tape where it will go thru the trigger guard.
- Put housing down on table on a rag
- Put drop of oil into the screw socket.
- Drill down .075 or so. This took me all of 10 seconds.
- Remove drill
- Insert allen wrench
- Tap allen gently into socket (make it stuck)
- turn allen counterclockwise to snap off the screw head. If it takes more than 2 fingers force, drill the hole a bit deeper.

Done! Remove safety, take out trigger assembly, and thread the remainder of the screw and welded collar.
- No vice needed
- Drill bit is pre-aligned via trigger guard - no freestyle drilling in proximity to hammer and other polymer protrusions.
- No high speed, or moderate pressure needed.
- No fancy drill bit needed.  
- No cursing at hardened steel

The whole (drilling) job took me under a minute.
View Quote

This is what I did. Super easy.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#32]
If anyone has questions or needs help on getting their welded screw taken care of, I've done dozens of these for my customers and I'm happy to help.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Is there a barrel nut tool in circulation that I can borrow by any chance?

I just want to remove the right-forward sling loop so my brace doesn't have to get poked by it when folded, BUT it looks like a PITA and expensive (buy barrel nut tool & soft jaws) to do for such a small project

Any alternative suggestions that dont require removing the handguard are sincerely appreciated...
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Is there a barrel nut tool in circulation that I can borrow by any chance?

I just want to remove the right-forward sling loop so my brace doesn't have to get poked by it when folded, BUT it looks like a PITA and expensive (buy barrel nut tool & soft jaws) to do for such a small project

Any alternative suggestions that dont require removing the handguard are sincerely appreciated...
View Quote
I got mine off easy enough with a smooth jaw crescent wrench. It's got red Loctite, so heat it (carefully) with a heat gun or propane torch, and just screw it off. No special tool needed.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Its been a month, bumping this thread so it doesnt die.

I did my trigger pack a year and 2 months ago. Ben enjoying the great trigger since.

Guess what?

Got an email from CZ today on the trigger pack being available.  And of course their site crashed. Lol.

I'll get it ordered here shortly, hopefully. I'm sure there was a thread on the ordering of the pack's and how long the wait was gonna be.

Anyway, good to see pa it forwarded has worked so well on this issue.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:16:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:Got an email from CZ today on the trigger pack being available.  And of course their site crashed. Lol.
View Quote
I encountered their fubar site yesterday as well.  After an email to CZ to recognize the unique product code (tied to your email address), I was able to order the trigger pack.  Will post again once it arrives.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I encountered their fubar site yesterday as well.  After an email to CZ to recognize the unique product code (tied to your email address), I was able to order the trigger pack.  Will post again once it arrives.
View Quote
Yup, I tried again yesterday afternoon and it let me order it. Was thinking of doing another 5 mags or so too with the coupon code.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:Yup, I tried again yesterday afternoon and it let me order it. Was thinking of doing another 5 mags or so too with the coupon code.
View Quote
Received from CZ 9/1...

Link Posted: 9/2/2017 7:15:48 PM EDT
[#40]
I got mine on Thursday. Now to find the HBI spring kit I bought and never got around to putting in the original trigger pack.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
How many US made parts?
View All Quotes
If it's the same pack as what's being shipped w the current scorpions, 0.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top