Link Posted: 8/14/2016 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to be added to the list
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 8:12:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I would like to be added as well.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#3]
There's no centrally managed official list, just what is posted in the thread. If anyone wants to be added, copy the most recent version posted and put your name at the bottom.

Updated list:

34. NuCadeT07

35. joe_sun

36. silentblades

37. Pmbspyder

38. Gojo96

39. Lexdiamonds

40. watchwatch

41. BobTheGreat
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#4]
There should be two bits floating around at this point. Any update on who has them right now?
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Added myself on the list, Thanks!

Updated list:

37. Pmbspyder
38. Gojo96
39. Lexdiamonds
40. watchwatch
41. BobTheGreat
42. mannyc
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 7:57:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There should be two bits floating around at this point. Any update on who has them right now?
View Quote

I have one but it arrived when I was TDY, I'll be home this weekend and get it knocked out and sent on its way.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have one but it arrived when I was TDY, I'll be home this weekend and get it knocked out and sent on its way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good, thanks for the update!
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:00:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Finished mine tonight, ended up having to drill out the nut itself using the trigger guard hole as a guide and even then it took vice grips to unscrew it.

pm sent to Pmbspyder
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:02:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Also, pro tip.. do not use a priority mail label to ship this and then pay for first class. it will arrive with almost 7.00 postage due.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Finished mine tonight, ended up having to drill out the nut itself using the trigger guard hole as a guide and even then it took vice grips to unscrew it.

pm sent to Pmbspyder
View Quote

Pm replied!
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 2:29:17 AM EDT
[#11]
just added myself. new to the site great help so far! any advice once i get it how t remove it? i was told you can even just force it out but i dont want ti mess up the gun

37. Pmbspyder
38. Gojo96
39. Lexdiamonds
40. watchwatch
41. BobTheGreat
42. manny
43. alain4957
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
just added myself. new to the site great help so far! any advice once i get it how t remove it? i was told you can even just force it out but i dont want ti mess up the gun

38. Gojo96
39. Lexdiamonds
40. watchwatch
41. BobTheGreat
42. manny
43. alain4957
View Quote

Removed myself from the list, ended up drilling it out with a bit I had laying around.  Gojo is up next, I'll send joe_sun a pm to send direct to Gojo.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Removing myself as well. It can be done with a normal bit, just takes a bit of time.

38. Gojo96
39. watchwatch
40. BobTheGreat
41. manny
42. alain4957
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 11:54:13 PM EDT
[#14]
what kind of bit did you use? not sure if i should try it or just wait for for this bit to get to me,  I'm very new to all if this and working on guns.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 12:02:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, it turned into kind of a shit show for me, but I did eventually get the little bugger out. I thought I had broken the weld, but then promptly stripped the screw trying to back it out. In hindsight, I think my biggest mistake was that I didn't hit the center of the weld cap on my first try. I ended up basically drilling away about %90 of that bastard. Start with the smallest drill bit you have, as close to center as you can, then move up in size. I tried starting with a 5/16 and that was way to big and prob caused most of my problems.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:21:43 AM EDT
[#16]
I did it with a regular bit as well.  Similar to Lex, I had to drill away almost the entire collar and then snap it off with pliers.  The head of the screw is also a sloppy fit, so it will most likely strip if you put any force on it.  As long as you're patient, the weld can be drilled with any bit.  In fact, that was the easy part.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well, it turned into kind of a shit show for me, but I did eventually get the little bugger out. I thought I had broken the weld, but then promptly stripped the screw trying to back it out. In hindsight, I think my biggest mistake was that I didn't hit the center of the weld cap on my first try. I ended up basically drilling away about %90 of that bastard. Start with the smallest drill bit you have, as close to center as you can, then move up in size. I tried starting with a 5/16 and that was way to big and prob caused most of my problems.
View Quote

might just wait only a few people ahead of me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Bit arrived today, ready to send it on to the next.  Pm sent to Gojo
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:30:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Bit arrived today, ready to send it on to the next.  Pm sent to Gojo
View Quote

Received and replied!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Guys - is the weld obvious when you're looking into the trigger pack?  I just got a new 2016 model, and if it's there, I can't see it.  Haven't had a chance to try to unscrew the allen-head screw either, but was just curious before I do and strip the head.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Guys - is the weld obvious when you're looking into the trigger pack?  I just got a new 2016 model, and if it's there, I can't see it.  Haven't had a chance to try to unscrew the allen-head screw either, but was just curious before I do and strip the head.
View Quote

if you remove the lower and look in it should have a black collar around the screw. and if its 2016 model its for sure has it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:04:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Thanks!
View Quote

your welcome
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Removing myself, got it done yesterday, updated list:

38. Gojo96
39. watchwatch
40. BobTheGreat
41. alain4957
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#25]
wow i was just going to go online and order the HB black trigger and they are sold out -_- Does anyone know somewhere else i could get one?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:05:14 AM EDT
[#26]
38. Gojo96
39. watchwatch
40. BobTheGreat
41. alain4957
42. ShadowAngel

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Bit mailed to Gojo96 this morning
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Bit mailed to Gojo96 this morning
View Quote

Watchwatch will get the next one tomorrow/Monday.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:16:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Great i just ordered the HB Trigger and springs and the screw should be here some time next week, excited to improve the trigger pull. has anyone done like any polishing in the trigger pack to make it better?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#30]
38. Gojo96
39. watchwatch
40. BobTheGreat
41. alain4957
42. ShadowAngel
43. zombies_go_boom

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:50:25 PM EDT
[#31]
For those waiting - I bought a 3/16" Milwaukee Cobalt drill bit at Home Depot for a little under $5, and had the weld drilled out within 10 minutes.  Watched the HB video first, taped off the majority of the bit with electrical tape, dipped it in oil several times throughout the process, and drilled using the low speed on my DeWalt cordless.  As I drilled, I kept stopping to use a rag and remove the metal shavings from the end of the bit, and an air hose attachment to blow out the trigger pack (helped to see things better).  Was pretty easy, though I did have a new screw for the trigger pack on hand before I started, and I did use it when I was done.  I installed HB's spring kit and trigger and it's an amazing difference!

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#32]
All done. IM and email sent to BobtheGreat.

I'm sure it was operator error but I had to drill quite a bit to break the weld and went pretty slow. I ended up drilling into a small
portion of the tail of the screw but did not penetrate the pack.  It was nothing as easy as the video showed where he drilled it in like 30 seconds. I also ended up stripping the screw head(under the trigger guard, that whole thing is the head) so be weary how soft the metal is. I ended up using needle nosed pliers to turn the head. Also when screwing the ejector pin out, don't push it in like I did. It went back enough that the face of the polymer now acts like a lip. I ended up leaving the ejector in place and was just careful to not run the bit against anything else. Someone was nice enough to put tape on the bit.

Anyway it all worked out and I installed the springs, new screw, and the AK style selector. I'll say that you need to remove both selectors and then install the AK one first to get them to fit properly.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Replied via IM  
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Replied via IM  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Replied via IM  

Bit shipped today to BobtheGreat(shipping info sent IM). Should arrive early next week.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#35]
got it done today with my dermel! take your time its worth it.

updated list
38. Gojo96
39. watchwatch
40. BobTheGreat
41. ShadowAngel
42. zombies_go_boom
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:18:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Is Bob shipping to me next?
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Did you not get one from NUcadet07?  If not, I'll be happy to send you the one I got.  It just showed up today, so I'll try it out tomorrow night or Thursday at the latest.  

Quoted:
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:35:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Did you not get one from NUcadet07?  If not, I'll be happy to send you the one I got.  It just showed up today, so I'll try it out tomorrow night or Thursday at the latest.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Postal holiday on Monday. Bet he gets it today.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It went out late last week as I didn't get an IM back from him with his address until last Sunday night after I posted and honestly I was a bit late getting to the PO. he'll have it any day now I'm sure.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:20:03 PM EDT
[#40]
updated list
38. Gojo96
39. watchwatch
40. BobTheGreat
41. ShadowAngel
42. zombies_go_boom

IM sent to ShadowAngel for shipping information.  

Well, it's done.  It definitely was not the quick 30 second job shown in the HBI video.  Maybe the bit is starting to get dull, or maybe I just got one that was really tough - It took me over an hour of drilling, and I got almost all the way through the thickness of the welded-on bushing, and the damn thing still wouldn't come off.  At that point, I abandoned the drill and very carefully ground the head off of the screw with my dremel, then tapped the housing out and unscrewed the screw/bushing from the top.  That took another hour, but at least it came out.  

If you try the drilling method, establishing a good center is very important, or else the bit will walk all over.  Mine had a domed bead of weld on top that I had to grind flat with a diamond bit in the dremel, before the drill bit would find a center and keep it.  Even then, the resulting hole was not perfectly centered (which may have contributed to the weld refusing to break).  

For anybody looking for a replacement screw, the threads in the trigger pack are M4x0.7 and any length between 8-12mm works fine.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 6:37:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
updated list
38. Gojo96
39. watchwatch
40. BobTheGreat
41. ShadowAngel
42. zombies_go_boom

Well, it's done.  It definitely was not the quick 30 second job shown in the HBI video.  Maybe the bit is starting to get dull, or maybe I just got one that was really tough - It took me over an hour of drilling, and I got almost all the way through the thickness of the welded-on bushing, and the damn thing still wouldn't come off.  At that point, I abandoned the drill and very carefully ground the head off of the screw with my dremel, then tapped the housing out and unscrewed the screw/bushing from the top.  That took another hour, but at least it came out.  

If you try the drilling method, establishing a good center is very important, or else the bit will walk all over.  Mine had a domed bead of weld on top that I had to grind flat with a diamond bit in the dremel, before the drill bit would find a center and keep it.  Even then, the resulting hole was not perfectly centered (which may have contributed to the weld refusing to break).  

For anybody looking for a replacement screw, the threads in the trigger pack are M4x0.7 and any length between 8-12mm works fine.
View Quote

Yeah, mine was not quick, nor easy to remove.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#42]
ShadowAngel - check your IM's, please.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:33:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
updated list
38. Gojo96
39. watchwatch
40. BobTheGreat
41. ShadowAngel
42. zombies_go_boom

same thing took me over 2 hours lol
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 8:08:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Wonder if the bits are getting dull? All it would take is a few people not using oil and bumping up the rpm's, and even with carbide tips I bet they'd dull pretty fast.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:26:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Wonder if the bits are getting dull? All it would take is a few people not using oil and bumping up the rpm's, and even with carbide tips I bet they'd dull pretty fast.
View Quote

It could be. These things don't last forever. Mine did cut after it got a good center, but it was removing very small chips, which made it slow going.

I got most of the way through the thicknesses of the collar before I switched to the head side. Even so, the weld seam never opened up, which makes me wonder if CZ's welding process was updated recently to get more penetration into the screw.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Still waiting on the bit.  Hopefully my mailman hasn't lost it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:26:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Had a family emergency and wasn't able to get to it for a week, but got set up to do it last night. I'm pretty sure this bit at least is toast. It worked, but it took the better part of an hour. Was getting tiny chips at best and the cutting went ridiculously slow, even with repeated use of good oil and keeping the bit nice and cool. They also seemed to have done way too good of a job welding the thing. Had to drill so far I nearly reached the trigger housing itself, and still had to grab the collar with a pair of pliers and twist to break it free. Original screw was jacked up, and burred enough I'll probably need to chase the threads on the trigger housing with a tap. I'll be happy to send the bit on to the next in line, but it may well have reached the point of retirement.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#48]
I have to send my pistol back to CZ for a chipped feed ramp.  Not going to mess with the trigger until it gets back.

Is anyone else waiting on a bit?  I'll gladly forward it along.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I have to send my pistol back to CZ for a chipped feed ramp.  Not going to mess with the trigger until it gets back.

Is anyone else waiting on a bit?  I'll gladly forward it along.
View Quote

I'll take the bit if it's still going around.

Otherwise, please add me to the list.

41. ShadowAngel
42. zombies_go_boom
43. ruddogg

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:16:45 PM EDT
[#50]
I also have a bit to add to the list of those needing. Waiting to hear from 10-8DoWork before I send to anyone else though
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top