BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you read the first post in the thread?
View Quote
Hey, what do you know. I did read that a few months ago.

Apparently I've slept since then.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen the pic of the 16" barrel in one so somehow it's possible, I'm happy with my G17L barrel though
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
What cases or bags are y'all using to transport the Micro Roni Stabilizer?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I just throw it in a Targus padded laptop backpack I got for cheap
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:57:02 AM EDT
[#6]
In case anyone is wondering:

A Micro Roni Stab with an empty G17 weighs 3.52 lbs and is 488mm long when open and 367mm long when closed

A B&T TP-9 weighs 3.09 lbs and is 523mm long open and 303mm long closed

I'll do a head to head video of these two eventually.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#7]
SpacemanSpiff, I am eager to see your video.  I have the Uzi Pro Pistol with the brace- it occupies the same niche and I'm satisfied with it -so far...
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 10:56:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Finally broke down and purchased one of these even though it's not as easy to run a can on it as I'd like.

Botach has/had (not sure when it's over) a flash sale on the OD Green and FDE carbine versions for your SBR'd Glock.  $169 shipped.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 8:17:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Micro Roni plus?  Still can't add a suppressor (other than theirs) without modification. The other attachments are silly cosmetics.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 8:43:52 AM EDT
[#10]
So if I buy the version with the magazine storage in the front,is it an aow even if I remove the stock or add a brace?
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Finally broke down and purchased one of these even though it's not as easy to run a can on it as I'd like.

Botach has/had (not sure when it's over) a flash sale on the OD Green and FDE carbine versions for your SBR'd Glock.  $169 shipped.
View Quote
That's almost worth the $200 to SBR a Glock, compared to the cost of the non-NFA Stab stock.  If only the Form 1 wouldn't take a year to process...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Black Friday sale on the Stab.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 2:08:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So if I buy the version with the magazine storage in the front,is it an aow even if I remove the stock or add a brace?
View Quote
IANAL but the option to store a magazine shouldn't make it an AOW any more than a rail on a pistol turns one into an AOW, it's when you actually put a magazine into the Roni or a VFG onto the rail that you're making an AOW.

I don't see how you'd add a brace to the non-STAB version, if you want a brace get the STAB version, otherwise SBR a Glock and get the stocked version.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 10:56:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRAYuwIhhCI

Micro Roni plus?  Still can't add a suppressor (other than theirs) without modification. The other attachments are silly cosmetics.
View Quote
Yep. Got all excited when I first saw that vid. Watched it and was like WTF. I thought for sure an updated version would have a quick way to mount any cans on it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Attachment Attached File

Just got back in town and it was waiting for me. So far, I like it. Won't get to take it out and try it for a while.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I highly recommend the integral flashlight.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’m waiting for Black Friday to pick one up
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
If I take it out shooting and I like this thing I'll definitely be grabbing one of their lights. I thought this thing came with the thumb rests but I guess you have to buy those separate.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 2:58:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Another big thumbs up for the flashlight.

I keep wondering if I need the thumb rests myself.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:54:01 AM EDT
[#20]
I think the thumb rests may be more useful on the Stab version.  Just by virtue of the 45 degree grip angle, your thumb sticks forward.  Not too far from the muzzle.  Just a slight miscalculation while gripping and firing could lead to pain.  They can be attached two separate ways, more forward like I have it, and slightly farther back by flipping it around.  Pretty quick and neat connection system.

I hope this thing really catches on and someone makes an extended length charging handle and a charging handle for the Advantage Arms conversion.

Like I said before, this will kick my S2K to the curb.  Keeping the Micro Roni shouldered toward potential threats and eyes up while manipulating door handles, light switches, etc. can't be beaten.  After handling this thing for awhile, everything else seems obnoxiously long, especially my rifle length AR.

I'm still enamored with the idea of an AR style PCC.  I can't keep my eyes off of the Freedom Ordnance FX-9.  Have seen some sweet videos on it.  However, haven't seen a thread in this forum.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 12:39:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Just got my micro roni for my sbr glock.  Is it ok to shoot a compensated model through it?  I see that its open on the top, just dont know if it will mess with the polymer.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 12:05:43 PM EDT
[#22]
FYI, looks like CAA now sells on eBay that ships from FL.  They have the integral flashlight for a couple bucks cheaper than the website and ships for free.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
FYI, looks like CAA now sells on eBay that ships from FL.  They have the integral flashlight for a couple bucks cheaper than the website and ships for free.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up, I had to search for MRFL17 to find it
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 9:06:04 AM EDT
[#24]
I just picked up a micro stab for my gen4 g32, so far no issues, really fun and surprising how accurate my g32 really is. Running a TRS 25 on a medium riser.

Folded up it's as long as my folded gen 2 sub2k but the sub is still way slimmer, I can slip my sub in a backpack already full with a laptop & other gear and you can't see it. The roni is thick when folded. But sub2k irons aren't great, optics are a PITA and the trigger is terrible.

I still like my sub but it's the .380 mouse gun of carbines, you give up some practicality for deep concealment. The roni is handy and still easy to carry but something you can shoot all day and not get tired of it. And if you like to shoot .357 Sig you don't have many options beyond a handgun.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Two Questions?
1. Will the Micro Roni Stab work with a Gen 5 Glock 19?
2. Will the slide racking device fit over a TruGlo TFX rear sight?
Thanks for any and all help.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Two Questions?
1. Will the Micro Roni Stab work with a Gen 5 Glock 19?
2. Will the slide racking device fit over a TruGlo TFX rear sight?
Thanks for any and all help.
View Quote
1. yes
2. it should, I have TFO’s on mine
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Thank you sir!
But you answer will cost me money!
Guess I can't find anymore excuses!
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Well, I just called CAA. Asked if the Gen 5 worked in the Micro Roni. Was told that with the
extra slide release there was some drag, and that they were working on the mold.
I asked should I get it and do some sanding on my own, Mike Hartman said, "Depends on how
bad you want it " I said "if it does not work , I do not want it" he said "OK, I does not work!"
Straight from the mans mouth!
Now I am pissed, cause I was planning on getting one. Guess, I will wait for some more input.
PC299, please help, and show pictures. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 1:28:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Sounds like you should be able to touch it with a Dremel to make a little room for the right side slide release to move and it should work.  You'd spend more time taking out and putting away the tool than you would cutting.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well, I just called CAA. Asked if the Gen 5 worked in the Micro Roni. Was told that with the
extra slide release there was some drag, and that they were working on the mold.
I asked should I get it and do some sanding on my own, Mike Hartman said, "Depends on how
bad you want it " I said "if it does not work , I do not want it" he said "OK, I does not work!"
Now I am pissed, cause I was planning on getting one. Guess, I will wait for some more input.
View Quote
Sorry, I don’t have a Gen 5, I was basing my answer on the way the Glock is secured in the Micro Roni. I’m wondering if the slide release bring wider squeezes the frame?
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
You could cut off the slide release tab that extends past the frame on the right side and sand down the "guard" that is right below tab.

I think trying to Dremel the Micro Roni would be more difficult because you would have to remove material the whole length it has to slide while putting the pistol into the chassis.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Dumb question...

Do any of you take the pistol in/out of the Roni/Micro Roni chassis, or do you pretty much just leave it in the chassis?
I'm on the fence with these things.
I think they're neat, but I wonder if it's really practical to take it in and out of the chassis on a regular basis, and I'm not sure I'm interested if it's better suited to leave in the chassis all the time.

ETA - It looks like it's fairly easy to take in and out, but I would like some real user feedback vs just manufacturer statements.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#33]
^^^ good question, I'd also like to see a quick test on the changes of poa/poi as the pistol is removed and put back.

I typically have a spare pistol that comes back and forth to the car with me regardless of what I'm carrying, and I like the idea of keeping the Roni in the trunk as an upgrade in a shitty situation if time allowed.  I also wouldn't have to take it out of the car traveling to shit holes like NJ/ny (I don't think)

It's an interesting take on the trunk gun concept that might work for my routine.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Dumb question...

Do any of you take the pistol in/out of the Roni/Micro Roni chassis, or do you pretty much just leave it in the chassis?
I think they're neat, but I wonder if it's really practical to take it in and out of the chassis on a regular basis, and I'm not sure I'm interested if it's better suited to leave in the chassis all the time.

ETA - It looks like it's fairly easy to take in and out, but I would like some real user feedback vs just manufacturer statements.
View Quote
Depends on how you have you Glock configured while in pistol form. If you run a WML or backstraps it’ll take longer (neither work with the Micro Roni)

If you run without a WML or backstraps it would take about 10 seconds to install and maybe 15 to remove the pistol from the chassis.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Dumb question...

View Quote
I have a 17 I leave in the Micro Roni all the time.

Putting it in and taking it out are a breeze. The most time consuming part is attaching the charging handle.

The original Roni was a pretty involved process compared to the Micro. There are videos showing the procedure with the Micro.  Very simple.

As for shift in POI, haven't really checked.

I zeroed at about 20 yards.  Took it out to the end of the bay we were in which was about 45 yards.  I had to aim at bottom of steel silhouette to hit.  Need to find a better zero and a longer range ballistics table for a Glock 17.   I want to find a zero that doesn't require me to radically change POA.  The dot sits high above the bore.

I'm so glad I got it.  I highly recommend one, either the Stab or SBR...
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#36]
What optic and mount is that?
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I have a 17 I leave in the Micro Roni all the time.
Putting it in and taking it out are a breeze. The most time consuming okay is attaching the charging handle.
. . .   I'm so glad I got it.  I highly recommend one, either the Stab or SBR...
View Quote
This kinda sums up my situation.  The Roni was an excuse for me to buy another G17 (I have three now) and dedicate it to the Roni.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 1:40:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Anyone have one for a Beretta 92?
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Any good sales on the stab going right now?
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Any good sales on the stab going right now?
View Quote
Just got a Cyber Monday email from Primary Arms showing both the G17 and G19 Roni Stab for $279.99
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 5:18:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What optic and mount is that?
View Quote
That's a PA MD-06l... Long out of production.  The just released PA dot looks awesome.

Fortis F1 absolute co-witness mount.  Got it and the dot direct from PA for a steal.  Primary Arms sometimes has some awesome deals on eBay.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#42]
I am stubborn and kept thinking about a Gen 5 in  a Roni Stab.
Well I called Mike Hartman back and he talked me through what was needed to make it work.
Leadsled's idea was considered strongly, but I am impatient, so out come the rat files.
It took about 1 hour to do it to my picky ass satisfaction. Then I had another BIG problem.
It would not let the slide come rearward enough to work. Lots of head scratching!!
It was the front sight hitting and not letting the slide rearward enough. SO DO NOT USE TRUGLO TFX PROS.
Switched to some Ameriglos that I had for my 19 MOS and BINGO!
Now I have a DeltaPoint Pro in the Leupold Pro DLOC mount on top---ME HAPPY.!!!
Can't wait to shoot it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Glad to hear you got it working. Odd that TFX Pro's won't work, I have TFO's on mine and there's no clearance issues
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Got one from PA's Black Friday sale.  Can confirm it doesn't work w my g23 slide with factory suppressor height sights. G19 with Warren sights works fine.  Exceeds my expectations for build quality, let's just hope it runs!

I cut the hanging slack from the brace area, I like the arrangement of the wml on the Haley mount, but am considering getting caa's integrated flashlight as long as you guys vouch it's not a pos.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#45]
I dig it!  Glock 17, Silencerco 6.5" barrel & Ti-Rant can

Link Posted: 12/13/2017 5:13:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Does anyone have the Micro Roni carry case?

Can anyone post pics of it or other cases or bags that you're using....
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I dig it!  Glock 17, Silencerco 6.5" barrel & Ti-Rant can

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p475/96vettex/20171212_080619_zps0xz1eppi.jpg
View Quote
I've been considering the same barrel for my Roni.  How difficult were the mods required to the front of the Roni for the longer barrel to work?
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 10:41:16 AM EDT
[#48]
I've had my Micro Roni stabilizer model for about a month now. Love all the features, I integrated light works great.

My only issue is the slide release does not work in any configuration. Nothing broken as I can tell, hasn't worked since day one. Went to the gun store I bought it from and tested their other ones they have in stock and none work.

Added an enhanced slide release to the G17 and still will not work.

Anyone have the same issues or suggestions?

Tried emailing CAA and the email and contact info is overseas. No info yet.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I've been considering the same barrel for my Roni.  How difficult were the mods required to the front of the Roni for the longer barrel to work?
View Quote
It's not difficult.  split the cases, remove the barrel extension/shroud, cut it down to the mounting block,reinstall it and reassemble the cases then file the top end of the opening until you achieve enough clearance for the barrel to tilt when the slide is pulled fully to the rear.  took about an hour.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I've had my Micro Roni stabilizer model for about a month now. Love all the features, I integrated light works great.

My only issue is the slide release does not work in any configuration. Nothing broken as I can tell, hasn't worked since day one. Went to the gun store I bought it from and tested their other ones they have in stock and none work.

Added an enhanced slide release to the G17 and still will not work.

Anyone have the same issues or suggestions?

Tried emailing CAA and the email and contact info is overseas. No info yet.
View Quote
I'm having the same-ish issue with mine. I cannot for the life of me get the slide release/hold open to hold the slide open (without an empty magazine inserted). Gen.3 G17 all factory controls

I want to use my Micro Roni to shoot Pistol Caliber Carbine division and at the end of a stage you must 1.remove the magazine, 2.show clear, 3.lock the slide back (or bolt depending on firearm) and I can get my Micro to engage the factory G17 slide release lever 1 times in 10. Very annoying. I've taken it apart and I know how it "should" work but it's a bi*ch to engage.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top