Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was wondering the same.  I expect black would be fulfilled first, but that's a guess.  They're doing a pretty crappy job keeping folks informed.
View Quote
My OD Green one shipped today and is scheduled to arrive Wednesday.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was wondering the same.  I expect black would be fulfilled first, but that's a guess.  They're doing a pretty crappy job keeping folks informed.
They sent me an email, this afternoon, about my FDE one shipping.

Tracking shows that the package was picked up at 4:16pm, today.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 12:02:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Same. I retract my previous statement. So far they're true to their word.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Christmas came early boys
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 1:44:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome!! Congrats. When do we get a photo??
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Just basic shots after getting it set up. Let me know if there's anything anyone wants to see and I'll see what I can do.

Link Posted: 12/22/2018 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#7]
That set up looks great, except for the front sight.. ;)
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just basic shots after getting it set up. Let me know if there's anything anyone wants to see and I'll see what I can do.
https://i.imgur.com/APhExQi.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iHOyB9W.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/r7YiY5e.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3OabMiN.jpg
View Quote
Great minds think alike. I too skipped out on the mck light in favor of the Olight mini.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That set up looks great, except for the front sight.. ;)
View Quote
Oh wow you're right. Nice catch! I had a long night. Cut a guy some slack.
So fit, finish, and feel on this is as good as it can be for what it is imo. One issue I'm having is that a spare mag is pretty tough to get in and out. I firm smack to the bottom of a mag will seat it and a "grab, wiggle, and pull" will remove it. Good thing is that I can't see it falling out on it's own. I probably won't get to shoot it for awhile unfortunately.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh also I had a random long thin spring sitting loose in the bag with the MCK. I have no idea what it's for and everything seems to function as it should without it. I'm certainly not throwing it away.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#11]
If anyone needs to know the collapsed dimensions they are roughly 15" long x 10" tall (with my choice of optic) x 4 deep.
I also have a Pelican 1520 on the way.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine has been sitting in a little town about 50 miles away since this morning.

Hopefully I get it Monday instead of the scheduled Wednesday. Love to try it out when I go to the range Christmas day.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 1:12:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Mine is a special order with a short brace, so I’m still waiting...
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 11:26:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hopefully I get it Monday instead of the scheduled Wednesday. Love to try it out when I go to the range Christmas day.
View Quote
WTF! It's now sitting in a town 150 miles away, so so much for trying it out at the range Tuesday. lol.

That's OK, I should be able to stop into the indoor range Thursday.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
WTF! It's now sitting in a town 150 miles away, so so much for trying it out at the range Tuesday. lol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to FedEx Ground routing of packages.  I've seen a package from the upper midwest go to Texas, then bounce around in Texas for a couple days (heading west at one point), before finally heading to Tennessee.

Mine was in southeast Tennessee around 12:30 last night, so I briefly thought it might be delivered tomorrow, but I've had FedEx Ground packages arrive at the local terminal on Saturday, then sit there until Tuesday morning.  They will deliver on Saturday without any fuss, so I've started to wonder if the local terminal gives their delivery drivers Sunday and Monday off.

None of my slides have OEM style serrations, and I'm still waiting on the OEM style slide that I ordered, so I couldn't try it out, even if it did show up tomorrow.  When it does get here, I'll just have to occupy myself with figuring out what dremel work is needed to get a PF940v2 frame to fit.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#16]
You're going to use a Roni on an 80%?

Have others done this successfully yet? Inquiring minds want to know!
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#17]

When shooting today, blustery and 36F..
25 yds standing...

Still my favorite
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You're going to use a Roni on an 80%?

Have others done this successfully yet? Inquiring minds want to know!
View Quote
I haven't seen the details, but my understanding is that it involves dremel work to remove material from the polymer80 frame (probably the trigger guard, but I don't know that for certain).

There is apparently video on one of the social media platforms that I don't have an account with.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/Uu2ohCM.jpg

25 yds standing...
https://i.imgur.com/iZUJZ0I.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LBVfvse.jpg

Still my favorite
View Quote
That’s actually very impressive.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks... Every time I shoot this to see what the practical accuracy is, It makes me glad I did not spend a ton of money on a PCC when this has been so much fun, met me expectations and cost me a whopping $250(I already had a G17).

I went to an indoor range with some retired Army buddies Friday and let them all shoot it, they were all pretty impressed, especially the one ragged 10 shot hole I made at 15 yds.... Let one of there wife's shoot it and she liked it....
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

25 yds standing...

Still my favorite
View Quote
That's beautiful.

I like the look of the stab more than I do the new MCK.

Kind of wish they made it for the G20
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 9:23:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I've had FedEx Ground packages arrive at the local terminal on Saturday, then sit there until Tuesday morning.  They will deliver on Saturday without any fuss, so I've started to wonder if the local terminal gives their delivery drivers Sunday and Monday off.
View Quote
FYI Fedex Home Delivery is Tuesday-Saturday delivery

I'd like to see if the Gen 4's work better for a suppressor host (with a G17L barrel) like in my OP. If they do I'd probably try to dump mine for cheap and upgrade to a Gen 4.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 10:45:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'd like to see if the Gen 4's work better for a suppressor host (with a G17L barrel) like in my OP. If they do I'd probably try to dump mine for cheap and upgrade to a Gen 4.
View Quote
I'm curious about getting the muzzle farther forward (longer barrel), in order to reduce how quickly crud can build up inside the chassis.  Also kinda bugs me to have the muzzle not be at the front end (inefficient use of the overall length, I guess).

Longest barrel I currently have on hand is a 34, though.  May have to look at a 17L barrel, after seeing where the 34 muzzle ends up.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm curious about getting the muzzle farther forward (longer barrel), in order to reduce how quickly crud can build up inside the chassis.  Also kinda bugs me to have the muzzle not be at the front end (inefficient use of the overall length, I guess).

Longest barrel I currently have on hand is a 34, though.  May have to look at a 17L barrel, after seeing where the 34 muzzle ends up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thought I read somewhere that the 17 is the longest slide that fits, though I could be wrong
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
thought I read somewhere that the 17 is the longest slide that fits, though I could be wrong
View Quote
You can put a longer barrel in a standard length 17 slide.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I understand now that I reread your post. I thought on initial reading that you were going to use a 34, not just the barrel.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 9:36:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Pelican 1520 arrived today. It's pretty overkill but I wanted an excuse to buy another Pelican.
That's a stack of 5 33 round mags and could fit more if needed.

Link Posted: 12/26/2018 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Welcome to FedEx Ground routing of packages.  I've seen a package from the upper midwest go to Texas, then bounce around in Texas for a couple days (heading west at one point), before finally heading to Tennessee.

Mine was in southeast Tennessee around 12:30 last night, so I briefly thought it might be delivered tomorrow, but I've had FedEx Ground packages arrive at the local terminal on Saturday, then sit there until Tuesday morning.  They will deliver on Saturday without any fuss, so I've started to wonder if the local terminal gives their delivery drivers Sunday and Monday off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Around lunchtime on Sunday (shortly after I posted the above), FedEx tracking showed that the package was about an hour east of me.

About 20 minutes ago, it finally got to the local FedEx facility.  Delivery estimate has been updated from today, to sometime tomorrow afternoon or evening.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 3:02:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

25 yds standing...

Still my favorite
View Quote
I am so confused on CAA's products

which model is this and where did you get it and price too please

This looks nothing like the MCK that CAA has on their website

I may scrap my AR 15 9mm pistol idea and maybe even consider selling my 9mm SBR for some of these

Thanks
Peter
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Its the older gen 3 that I modified by removing the button that operates the slide release. Mine worked ok but it was awkward to use. I dremeled it off and made it like there gen 4s

I got it from CAA.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 10:33:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I really hope that their production department is much better than their marketing department...:

8 Advantages of our New Generation Micro Roni / MCK made in the USA

;)
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 10:45:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I really hope that their production department is much better than their marketing department...:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQVCoi2kmo8

;)
View Quote
Lol that was pretty cringe worthy
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 2:43:19 AM EDT
[#33]
So went to order one for my Glock 20 and the 10% off isn't there anymore

Guessing this was a pre-Christmas promotion deal?
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So went to order one for my Glock 20 and the 10% off isn't there anymore

Guessing this was a pre-Christmas promotion deal?
View Quote
It was a pre order and folks already have them in hand so the price has been bumped up.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 4:14:28 PM EDT
[#35]
CAA MCK + Polymer80 PF940v2.

I got the P80 kit on sale, making it is easily the least expensive when comparing it to the MCK, so I plan to only remove material from the P80 frame, while trying to fit them together.

The MCK charging handle requires a slide with factory serrations, which none of my slides have.  I ordered a new slide with the correct serrations, but it is currently having the finish applied and probably won't be here for a week or two.  I managed to get the charging handle out, so I can do test fits, but test firing is not currently an option.

Sanded the sides of the P80 trigger guard.
Sanded the bottom surface of the P80 rail.
Removed some material from the bottom of the two 'points' on the P80 trigger guard.

After several rounds of sanding, testing the fit, then sanding some more, the above got the P80 to the point that it will slide fully into the MCK and engage the MCK's catch at the front.  It is by no means the easy slip fit that is shown in CAA's videos with Glocks, but I can remove more material later, and I would prefer a tight fit to eliminate as much play as possible.

That still leaves the MCK's loading door, behind the pistol frame.  It wouldn't close, because it was hitting the P80 extended beaver tail.

Several more rounds of removing material from the beaver tail (dremel, then sanding by hand) and testing the fit, and I got the loading door to swing closed and start to slide forward so that it can lock into place, but it's still not sliding far enough forward for the lock to engage.

More sanding and fitting needed.

Looks like it can be done (MCK + P80), but it's a slow, tedious process to get there.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Another range day.. 20F with light flurries.. minimal wind (Yeah)
all Tula Steel cased 115 gr.

16 yds standing

Back to 25 yds

Head shot braced(Standing, but using range bag off bench to stabilize)

Using Magpul MBUS at 16 yds (Both head and Body shots)

Cool guy action shots

Pro tip... I put some white tape on the front sight post of the MBUS to aid in visibility... looked great at home
after shooting and then trying out the MBUS, I noticed it was hard to see.. after closer inspection, that's when I realized that the burned powder coming up from the open channel in the top rails, is right where the folded MBUS is.

So if your going to install a Blitzkrieg type of sight or any Night sight front sight post in a fold down BUIS, be aware of this.
Running a front BUIS in the up position or a fixed front sight would fix the issue.

Still my favorite toy.... Still glad I bought it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 3:20:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Finally got enough of the extended beaver tail removed for it to fully lock in.  It's still a tight fit.

Attachment Attached File

Now back to waiting for the new slide with the correct serrations for the charging handle.

I guess I can spend the time getting a sling sorted out, and finding an optic for it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Messed around with a new toy I had sitting around... Green Laser

Link Posted: 12/31/2018 12:41:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The MCK charging handle requires a slide with factory serrations, which none of my slides have.
View Quote
That's one unfortunate thing about how the charging handle works but I don't see an alternative. Due to this it doesn't work with AA .22 kits (which I figured out on page 3 but should probably add to the OP)

Thinking about it, that's one advantage of my Gen 1 over the latest with integrated/non-removable charging handle. If I could get an extra charging handle I could probably modify it to work with an AA kit.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 1:49:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That's one unfortunate thing about how the charging handle works but I don't see an alternative. Due to this it doesn't work with AA .22 kits (which I figured out on page 3 but should probably add to the OP)

Thinking about it, that's one advantage of my Gen 1 over the latest with integrated/non-removable charging handle. If I could get an extra charging handle I could probably modify it to work with an AA kit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The MCK charging handle requires a slide with factory serrations, which none of my slides have.

The charging handle is removable, but it's one of those twist it this way, then turn it, then slide it to that side... type of removable.

It looks like the Roni charging handle on CAA's website, but with the front end shortened a little.

https://caagearup.com/product/g9-roni-charging-handle/
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 1:06:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Ordered the MCK for my Glock 20

They stated it would ship mid Jan.

Looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:30:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 9:06:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So 1" at 50 yards? Really? That's more accurate than a Glock in a Ransom rest.. Sorry but I don't buy it.

25yd Accuracy test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNC-wEpxrDw

13moa vs 3.5moa out of my 8.5" 9mm AR-15. Not bad considering it's a 15 shot, 3.25" group at 25yd.

Not sure if this was covered in the thread yet, but I had to file my QD cup down in order to use any other QD sling that's not by CAA.
View Quote
No, you're right...It's certainly not a 2MOA set up, I 'm sure I fat fingered the keys.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Not sure if this was covered in the thread yet, but I had to file my QD cup down in order to use any other QD sling that's not by CAA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I guess I can spend the time getting a sling sorted out, and finding an optic for it.
I saw that mentioned somewhere.

Still need a sling, but I put a TRS-25 on it with a 0.83" riser.  Seems like that will work.

My new slide showed up.  It's an AlphaWolf OEM Serration 17 slide.  Getting the channel liner into it was a bit of work (tight fit), but it fits the MCK much better than the Swenson 17 slide that I was using.  With the Swenson slide on the PF940v2, not only would it not fit the charging handle, but the top of the slide was rubbing on the inside of the MCK.  The OEM Serration slide fits the charging handle perfectly, and doesn't rub against the inside of the MCK until just before it fully locks in.  With the pistol fully locked in, the charging handle is difficult to move for the first 1/4" as you pull it back, then everything frees up.  Let it go, and the slide stops just short of the barrel going fully into battery (a push on the charging handle will push it fully into battery).

It's close to working with the Polymer80 pistol (need to remove a little material from the inside of the MCK), and I'm tempted to try it out as is, to see if it will just wear in after a mag or two, but it's currently raining and the last forecast I saw was for rain all day.

ETA: The upper corners of the front of the slide were rubbing on the metal insert (muzzle blast tube, or whatever it's called) at the front of the MCK.  I'll have to remove it and do a little work with the dremel.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 3:42:44 PM EDT
[#46]
I sold my Stab a few months back. I will buy the new one once they come out. The angled fore grip is removal and they will offer the mag holder later.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Me Gusta..!
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Looking at a Roni but I’m not a fan of the angled grip. Two questions if anyone knows:

1. Does the spare mag holder on this count as a vfg? (I know the stock makes it NFA but I would replace that with a brace.)

2. I’ve got suppressor height sights on my Glock 19, would those work in the chassis without too much modification? (Don’t want to remove the sights, but I am ok with dremeling some material out of the inside if I have to.)
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://i0-wp-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/i0.wp.com/caagearup.com/wp-content/uploads/csm/Micro_Roni_G4_website.jpg?fit=1024%2C469&ssl=1

Looking at a Roni but I'm not a fan of the angled grip. Two questions if anyone knows:

1. Does the spare mag holder on this count as a vfg? (I know the stock makes it NFA but I would replace that with a brace.)

2. I've got suppressor height sights on my Glock 19, would those work in the chassis without too much modification? (Don't want to remove the sights, but I am ok with dremeling some material out of the inside if I have to.)
View Quote
the most recent ATF determination was that a VFG is 90 degrees to the bore, and any angle makes it an AFG and therefore GTG
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 10:23:14 PM EDT
[#50]
@ Colby_331

With the newer brace "flaps", they appear a little thinner then the others....are you able to grip the pistol and/or fire it with the brace folded? I am wondering if they flex a little and allow your hand to fit in and grab the pistol.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top