Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 249 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:44:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mav3rick:
I wonder how that grip compares to the one from Magpul.
View Quote

I might buy it to find out.  I currently have the Magpul grip on my Scorpion.  It's good but not great.  I also do like the overmolded grips so this one from SI looks like a winner.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:09:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:

I might buy it to find out.  I currently have the Magpul grip on my Scorpion.  It's good but not great.  I also do like the overmolded grips so this one from SI looks like a winner.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I wonder how that grip compares to the one from Magpul.

I have the original SI grip and it fit great but lacked texture.
Have Magpul on it now and love texture but doesn't fill hand as well.

Not a terriblly big fan of overmold but might try it
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

Cool. If you do please post pics and a review of it for us
Thanks,
Mav
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Cool. If you do please post pics and a review of it for us
Thanks,
Mav
View Quote

Will do!  I ordered the grip and the flared magwell.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

Awesome! Look forward to your pics and reviews of both.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 8:03:07 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

@Neomonk21

Did you get the parts yet? Just curious if you got a chance to try them out on your evo.
Thanks,
Mav
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#7]

@Neomonk21

Did you get the parts yet? Just curious if you got a chance to try them out on your evo.
Thanks,
Mav
View Quote

Yes!  They came in the other day.  I put them on last night but didn't take any pictures yet.  Anything in particular you would like to see or know?

Both items installed easily.  I really like the feel of the grip.  As I said before, I like overmolded grips and this one is nice.  It fits well in my hand and doesn't slip.  It has a little storage compartment but I don't know if I'll use it for anything.  I don't see any obvious gaps between the grip and the frame.  I didn't try to take the lower module off yet, I'll have to do that tonight when I get home to see if it comes apart easily.  I think I'm going to keep this grip on for now.  I like it better than the Magpul grip, which to me feels like sandpaper.

The flared magwell installed easily but I don't know if I'll keep it on or not.  I didn't really have a problem with reloading before.  It definitely makes the magwell larger and doesn't really get in the way.  I just don't think I need it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Yes!  They came in the other day.  I put them on last night but didn't take any pictures yet.  Anything in particular you would like to see or know?

Both items installed easily.  I really like the feel of the grip.  As I said before, I like overmolded grips and this one is nice.  It fits well in my hand and doesn't slip.  It has a little storage compartment but I don't know if I'll use it for anything.  I don't see any obvious gaps between the grip and the frame.  I didn't try to take the lower module off yet, I'll have to do that tonight when I get home to see if it comes apart easily.  I think I'm going to keep this grip on for now.  I like it better than the Magpul grip, which to me feels like sandpaper.

The flared magwell installed easily but I don't know if I'll keep it on or not.  I didn't really have a problem with reloading before.  It definitely makes the magwell larger and doesn't really get in the way.  I just don't think I need it.
View Quote

How is the install with the mag. release? Did you keep the original release or did you upgrade it as well? I like the look of the SI stuff.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:34:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mav3rick] [#9]

View Quote

Pics of both would be great.

In regards to the grip, what I have always hated about the magpul grip is how the screws go into the side from the left. I never understood why magpul designed the grip as a clamshell when all there other grips are one piese. As a lefty I feel those screws every time I grip it. I like that the SI grip didn't do that nonsense. I also am not crazy about the texture on the magpul grip. I love the magpul AR MOE+ grips and wish it was more like that in terms of feel or if there was a way I could just mount a MOE+ grip on my evo. Not sure how the feel of the new one from SI you got compares to the MOE+ grips.

Also how is the grip angle? I always hated the grip angle on the original evo grip. Is it similar to magpul grip or closer to original evo in terms of steepness or increased angle?

In regards to the flared magwell, you mention it makes the magwell larger which sounds nice, but I have the HBI Duckbill Mag Release Lever installed and am wondering if that would be a problem or if it will work with it. It is hard to tell from the pics on the SI website-looks like it goes over the factory mag release and wouldn't be a problem, but figured I would ask. Not sure if you are running the HBI one or just the factory release.
Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By patw:

How is the install with the mag. release? Did you keep the original release or did you upgrade it as well? I like the look of the SI stuff.
View Quote

I had already installed an HBI fast paddle mag release.  I just slipped the new flared magwell over the magwell and drove the new screw through the hole which punched out the roll pin.  Then just tightened it down ever so slightly.  Super easy to install.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:23:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Neomonk21] [#11]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Magpul laying on top as close as I can get it.  I think the SI grip is a little more vertical.
Attachment Attached File

This one is the SI grip on top with the Magpul grip mounted on the Scorpion.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

One thing I just found out with the new flared magwell is that my CZ folding stock doesn't stay folded because the magwell prevents the magnets from working.  I might take it off because of this.  The folding stock can't lay as flat against the side of the gun now.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:28:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:

Does that magwell work well?
View Quote

I would say yes but I also didn't really have any issue reloading before installing it.  Also note my edit above.  The folding stock no longer stays folded because the flared magwell prevents the magnets from holding.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:01:26 AM EDT
[#14]
@Neomonk21

Thank you so much for all the pics and comments on those new parts. I appreciate it.

I like the look of the flared magwell, but will probably pass on it as you said they didn't take into consideration the folding stock magnet. Maybe they will address this in a 2nd gen version.
I'm also not crazy how they had to put their name along the side of it.
I don't know why companies feel like they must advertise all over their product.
A simple icon is fine, and put the name on the bottom or someplace less obvious.

Now that grip on the other hand looks really good. I see the company icon but no "strike industries" plastered on it. Unless its on the other side.
It is good to see that they went back to the installation design in regards to securing it similar to the original evo grip with just a screw/nut at the top to secure it.
Not the stupid clamshell shit magpul did with all the screws that makes it look like crap in comparison.
I also like how the grip angle is on it compared to the magpul-slightly less and more AR like.
So how is the texture/feel of it? Is it hard plastic like feel or is it more like the magpul moe+ with some comfortable rubber?
It looks like maybe a combination of both some softer rubber on sides and front and plastic on edges, but figured I would ask you how it felt.
Thanks,
Mav
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:09:16 AM EDT
[#15]
@Neomonk21

Thank you so much for all the pics and comments on those new parts. I appreciate it.

I like the look of the flared magwell, but will probably pass on it as you said they didn't take into consideration the folding stock magnet. Maybe they will address this in a 2nd gen version.
I'm also not crazy how they had to put their name along the side of it.
I don't know why companies feel like they must advertise all over their product.
A simple icon is fine, and put the name on the bottom or someplace less obvious.

Now that grip on the other hand looks really good. I see the company icon but no "strike industries" plastered on it. Unless its on the other side.
It is good to see that they went back to the installation design in regards to securing it similar to the original evo grip with just a screw/nut at the top to secure it.
Not the stupid clamshell shit magpul did with all the screws that makes it look like crap in comparison.
I also like how the grip angle is on it compared to the magpul-slightly less and more AR like.
So how is the texture/feel of it? Is it hard plastic like feel or is it more like the magpul moe+ with some comfortable rubber?
It looks like maybe a combination of both some softer rubber on sides and front and plastic on edges, but figured I would ask you how it felt.
Thanks,
Mav
View Quote

I really like the feel of it.  When I hold it I don't even notice any plastic.  The rubber is just a few inserts on the front, back and sides but it is really comfortable.  I can't wait to take it out to shoot it to see how it does.  

I'm still torn on the flared magwell.  I don't REALLY use the magnet to hold open the stock because I only fold it to put it in my safe.  However, I don't like the idea that it no longer works.  It is really easy to put on and take off so I'll just play with it to see if I'll keep it on.

I honestly didn't notice their name everywhere but now that you pointed it out it will be all I see, thanks!  I didn't notice their name on the other side of the grip but then again I didn't look for it.  When I get home I can look.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:50:06 AM EDT
[#16]
I really like the feel of it.  When I hold it I don't even notice any plastic.  The rubber is just a few inserts on the front, back and sides but it is really comfortable.  I can't wait to take it out to shoot it to see how it does.  
I'm still torn on the flared magwell.  I don't REALLY use the magnet to hold open the stock because I only fold it to put it in my safe.  However, I don't like the idea that it no longer works.  It is really easy to put on and take off so I'll just play with it to see if I'll keep it on.
I honestly didn't notice their name everywhere but now that you pointed it out it will be all I see, thanks!  I didn't notice their name on the other side of the grip but then again I didn't look for it.  When I get home I can look.
View Quote

haha-sorry about the pointing out the name thing.

Thanks for describing the feel of the grip. I think I am sold and will order me one and try it out for myself.
Thanks again for all the pics and reviews.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#17]

haha-sorry about the pointing out the name thing.

Thanks for describing the feel of the grip. I think I am sold and will order me one and try it out for myself.
Thanks again for all the pics and reviews.
View Quote

I hope I described it well enough but I really do think you'll like it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:41:04 AM EDT
[#18]

I hope I described it well enough but I really do think you'll like it.
View Quote

Yes sir you did. I appreciate all your time spent with the pics and thoughts on that stuff. I ordered up that grip.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 1:34:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Anyone recommend a good breakdown/cleaning video?
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 7:57:24 AM EDT
[#20]
CZ's official video of the latest generation
Disassembly and Cleaning of the CZ Scorpion 3+

older video from IV8888
CZ Scorpion Cleaning & Inspection

Good video showing how to break down bolt assembly
EASY breakdown and rebuild of CZ SCORPION BOLT, cleaning with JUST ONE TOOL

No talking cleaning video

There's lots more on youtube, but those are a few I have watched.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Oof, some guy on reddit just blew up his scorpion.

Video

Pics of damage

Anyone know what exactly to check (with pictures or diagrams since I'm an idiot) to make sure ours don't blow up either?
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Punkface:

Video

Pics of damage

Anyone know what exactly to check (with pictures or diagrams since I'm an idiot) to make sure ours don't blow up either?
View Quote

Damn!
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:41:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frens] [#23]
Woah never saw such wear on a bcg.. something is definitely wrong with it..
I probably own one of the oldest Evo made in early 2013.. I shoot it regularly and it doesn’t show that kind of wear.

Beside the OOB safety block being permanently activated due to the burr.. a kaboom is most likely ammo fault..
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Video

Pics of damage

View Quote

That's nuts, glad he is ok

Time to get the nexus striker block.
Any other companies sell it, like midway/Brownells?
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#25]
This all reminds me that I still need to install that nexus TI part that has been sitting on my workbench for 2+ months...
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Hmmm going to test my Scorpion tonight and order a Ti replacement if needed. I have well over 4,000 probably close to if not over 5,000 rounds through mine.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 2:58:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 22caliberKIDD] [#27]
Here is one of the pics of the bolt that caused the Kb-

Attachment Attached File

It looks like the metal from the bolt itself deformed until it prevented the firing pin block from rising to its fully upright position. A new firing pin block wouldn’t have prevented the Kb (unless I’m misdiagnosing or not seeing something?)

Nexus did mention they have a new and harder bolt in the works, scheduled to be released soon(Nov I believe).

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 12:11:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Does HBI or anyone similar offer the hand guard replacement service?
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#29]
I checked my scorpion, which I bought new in 2019, due to this post and found it to be very similar with only 2000 or 3000 rounds though it. My firing pin block was completely depressed and was actually quite tough to get out. I had to file the bur down to get the block removed. I then filed the edge to hopefully solve the problem moving forward but this is complete BS that CZ sold these with such soft bolts.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#30]
All lubes good on Scorpions?

Some of the manuals say to use 3 lubes unavailable here.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Dance:

View Quote

I use Mobil 1 synthetic 0w-20
suppressed 100% of the time and rarely lube
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Dance:

View Quote

I just use CLP on my guns.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#33]

I just use CLP on my guns.
View Quote

Same.  I use CLP on everything and haven't had any issues.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:57:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pilotshark] [#34]
Originally Posted By 22caliberKIDD:
Here is one of the pics of the bolt that caused the Kb-

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/321106/FBB7FA80-AB6D-42D4-8A88-7B13B1EBC06F_jpe-2575805.JPG

It looks like the metal from the bolt itself deformed until it prevented the firing pin block from rising to its fully upright position. A new firing pin block wouldn’t have prevented the Kb (unless I’m misdiagnosing or not seeing something?)

Nexus did mention they have a new and harder bolt in the works, scheduled to be released soon(Nov I believe).

View Quote

Interested in this as well. Would be pretty nonplussed to have a kaboom in anything, much less a scorpion evo. Preventing this from happening is of interest to me
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#35]
I got around today to installing the following new parts for my EVO I bought a while back, but been too busy to bother with until today:

The new strike industries grip

Nexus Ti replacement striker block and spring

HBI magpul zhukov adapter with magpul zhukov stock

I love the new grip. Feels great in the hand.

I am on the fence on the magpul stock. I will have to try it out at the range and see if I like it better than the OEM stock.

The nexus block-went in fine, however, I tested it by pulling back slightly on the bolt to mimic an OOB situation and it still allowed the hammer to drop.

In fact I can move the bcg anywhere from barely out of battery to as much as a half an inch out of battery and it will still fire.

I never bothered testing my original block to see if it did the same thing so not sure if the problem was there before and I just didn't know about it.

My trigger pack is original. I only added the HBI spring kit, HBI replacement trigger shoe, HBI replacement safety lever, and lightly polished (not stoned) the internals to smoothen out trigger pull.

If anyone has any thoughts on what the problem might be I am all ears.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Guess I will email nexus and see what they say
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 10:46:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PZero] [#37]
I got around today to installing the following new parts for my EVO I bought a while back, but been too busy to bother with until today:

The new strike industries grip

Nexus Ti replacement striker block and spring

HBI magpul zhukov adapter with magpul zhukov stock

I love the new grip. Feels great in the hand.

I am on the fence on the magpul stock. I will have to try it out at the range and see if I like it better than the OEM stock.

The nexus block-went in fine, however, I tested it by pulling back slightly on the bolt to mimic an OOB situation and it still allowed the hammer to drop.

In fact I can move the bcg anywhere from barely out of battery to as much as a half an inch out of battery and it will still fire.

I never bothered testing my original block to see if it did the same thing so not sure if the problem was there before and I just didn't know about it.

My trigger pack is original. I only added the HBI spring kit, HBI replacement trigger shoe, HBI replacement safety lever, and lightly polished (not stoned) the internals to smoothen out trigger pull.

If anyone has any thoughts on what the problem might be I am all ears.
View Quote

That's probably normal. The main thing to worry about is if the firing pin itself is going forward when it's out of battery. It's probably not. There's nothing stopping the hammer from going forward unless the bolt is back. You just want to make sure that the firing pin block is doing it's job.

Pull the bolt out, push on the back of the firing pin and see if it sticks out.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 10:11:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By PZero:

That's probably normal. The main thing to worry about is if the firing pin itself is going forward when it's out of battery. It's probably not. There's nothing stopping the hammer from going forward unless the bolt is back. You just want to make sure that the firing pin block is doing it's job.

Pull the bolt out, push on the back of the firing pin and see if it sticks out.
View Quote

It is normal. Plus, as the bolt comes back farther, it blocks the hammer from reaching the firing pin. My take on the whole bolt issue is the bolt starts to raise a burr where it rides on the hammer as it goes back. That burr roughs up the area that the bolt slides on, roughing up the bottom of the bolt where the blocking pin slides out. I've filed and polished the edge on my bolt when I found it starting to burr. Actual fix is a harder bolt.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 10:32:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By HammerTech:

It is normal. Plus, as the bolt comes back farther, it blocks the hammer from reaching the firing pin. My take on the whole bolt issue is the bolt starts to raise a burr where it rides on the hammer as it goes back. That burr roughs up the area that the bolt slides on, roughing up the bottom of the bolt where the blocking pin slides out. I've filed and polished the edge on my bolt when I found it starting to burr. Actual fix is a harder bolt.
View Quote

Nexus is coming out with a new bolt made from harder steel. It's $300.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 1:27:00 AM EDT
[#41]
I finally got the light set up like I wanted.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 5:53:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By CaptShiess:
https://i.imgur.com/z83vVj7.jpg
View Quote

Details?
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By thebomber:

Details?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thebomber:
Originally Posted By CaptShiess:
https://i.imgur.com/z83vVj7.jpg

Details?

Nothing too fancy, just a modlight picatinny mount on a small mlok rail.  Keeps the surefire close to the rail and easy activation.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:07:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Can anyone provide any insight as to how to tighten down a muzzle break with an aftermarket handguard that no longer uses the barrel nut to hold the handguard on?  Do I put the gun in a vise like when removing the stock handguard, or do I remove the hand guard and grip the barrel?
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:43:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By multiple68:
Can anyone provide any insight as to how to tighten down a muzzle break with an aftermarket handguard that no longer uses the barrel nut to hold the handguard on?  Do I put the gun in a vise like when removing the stock handguard, or do I remove the hand guard and grip the barrel?
View Quote

Yep, remove handguards, use barrel vice and add muzzle device.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:37:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:

Yep, remove handguards, use barrel vice and add muzzle device.
View Quote

Got it.   So how would you do it with the stock hand guard?
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 3:26:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ebolinux] [#47]

Video

Pics of damage

View Quote

What I understand is the CZ’s bolt was made from to soft of metal. The soft bolt wears down fast has a chance of blocking the strike blocker or what ever it was called. It seams like there was something lease that could happen to but I can’t remember what it was. It can happen to any CZ with a sold bolt. It’s not something that can effect just running the gun faster then it was designed to.

I think there was also something with the bolt that was changed by ATF that made the gun less safe in this regard.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 4:30:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: recoiljunky] [#48]
I took my Scorpion out shooting last week and noticed the latch for the factor stock went AWOL. Does anyone have a lead on the factory stock parts, or in the alternative, can you recommend a better stock? I'd kinda like to utilize the factory magnetic retention, but that's not a deal breaker.

Edit: I'm talking about the latch that controls the telescoping feature of the factory folding stock.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 10:23:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NesralG] [#49]
I don’t know that you can buy just the latch but CZ USA sells the buttstock without the folding portion. There’s also a CZ version that uses a tab to latch to a notch by the trigger guard and not the magnet.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 11:24:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By NesralG:
I don’t know that you can buy just the latch but CZ USA sells the buttstock without the folding portion. There’s also a CZ version that uses a tab to latch to a notch by the trigger guard and not the magnet.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/577174/2AF3198E-0B3C-4272-8F70-08AE3D3E9D21_png-2710184.JPG
View Quote

That’ll work, thanks!
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 249 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top