Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 231 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:37:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Punisher] [#1]
Anyone have a pistol barrel nut wrench they want to part with, rent, sell, loan? HBI is OOS and I have a handguard on the way.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Took my Scorpion out to the range today. Put about 250 rounds through it. I didn't clean it before I took it to the range (I should've). Great shooting gun! I did have Six or seven FTF or double feeds. This was towards the end of each mag. I used four Manticore mags and the rest were CZ factory windowed mags but the twenty rounders ran great, the 30 rounders I had some issues with. Not all though. I was using bulk blazer brass ammo. I'm not too concerned about it. I am going to clean it tonight and take it back to the range tomorrow. Might run some federal ammo with it and see what happens. Overall I am happy though.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Haven't heard of many issues with factory 30s even when the gun is dirty. Interesting...
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 6:34:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By The_Punisher:
Anyone have a pistol barrel nut wrench they want to part with, rent, sell, loan? HBI is OOS and I have a handguard on the way.
View Quote

I have one, sent you a PM, you can borrow it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Evo Scpropion Day

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Now that I’ve seen my first scorpion with the Tailhook 1C, I will revise my opinion. I still think the big one looks like dogshit but the 1C is much, much better.

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Also if anybody is looking to buy a drum...

https://f5mfg.com/product/cz-scorpion-9mm-50-round-drum-magazine-flash-sale/

F5 drum for $99
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Chairborne:

F5 drum for $99
View Quote

How reliable are they?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By alphabavo:

How reliable are they?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By alphabavo:

F5 drum for $99

How reliable are they?

I don’t own one but I’ve never heard anything but positive reviews of them. I think F5 makes PSAs drum too, but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 5:28:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Punisher] [#10]
Now that I’ve seen my first scorpion with the Tailhook 1C, I will revise my opinion. I still think the big one looks like dogshit but the 1C is much, much better.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/64912/2D540CE1-64BA-426E-AD78-A00B3DA43130-1384304.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for the post. It does look better, and just before I decided to purchase the regular tailhook. It usually works out that I would have ordered the regular tailhook and then saw your post. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:15:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Is anyone able to find a scorpion in stock?  Anywhere?  At all?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Any issues with the Magpul 35 round magazines for the Scorpion?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By vugger:
Any issues with the Magpul 35 round magazines for the Scorpion?
View Quote

I have 5 that have been flawless but reviews are mixed. I think there are two gens and mine are all post 01/2020.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:00:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Now i am trying to source a tail hook compact to replace my regular one. Also I posted on the want to buy but i am looking for a x300 pic adapter all i have is the U one and i have an extra x300 i want to put on my scorpion. shoot me a pm if anybody has an extra P adapter they want to sell.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:03:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chairborne] [#15]
Originally Posted By jglock53:
Now i am trying to source a tail hook compact to replace my regular one. Also I posted on the want to buy but i am looking for a x300 pic adapter all i have is the U one and i have an extra x300 i want to put on my scorpion. shoot me a pm if anybody has an extra P adapter they want to sell.
View Quote

I was going to sbr mine and put a proper stock and vfg on it. Now the compact tailhook has me reconsidering.

Cost wise I already have the SB folder it came with so I need the GHW cheekrest and tailhook, which will be $200+. I guess I can sell the SB to recoup some of the cost. That or SBR stamp plus cost of factory CZ stock...
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:28:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#17]
has anyone ever seen a stock 7.7 barrel for sale? I pulled mine but cant ever find one that's been for sale. I went the micro route
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:51:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlphaThree] [#18]
Originally Posted By pc-ops:
has anyone ever seen a stock 7.7 barrel for sale? I pulled mine but cant ever find one that's been for sale. I went the micro route
View Quote

I’d say about one every other week week pops up for sale in the EE after someone does the micro conversion.

ETA: https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/CZ-Scorpion-Parts-updated-4-25-2020-/89-1983425/
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 3:35:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I know that was mine. but since CZ will never sell them I was trying to get an idea
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 3:41:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By pc-ops:
I know that was mine. but since CZ will never sell them I was trying to get an idea
View Quote

Ha! Sorry. Didn’t take notice
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Moses_J:
Anyone running the A3 Tactical adapter to allow for B&T stocks? Or really know anything about it?
View Quote

@Moses_J

Kind of a cool option, especially if you have some B&Ts laying around. Feels a lot like my APC9K with the stock and very similar size.

I will say it was a PITA to screw the supplies screw through the B&T stock. Very very tight fit. Hopefully I didn’t make the hole too big that it’s going to be loose if I put it back on my APC.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:

@Moses_J

Kind of a cool option, especially if you have some B&Ts laying around. Feels a lot like my APC9K with the stock and very similar size.

I will say it was a PITA to screw the supplies screw through the B&T stock. Very very tight fit. Hopefully I didn’t make the hole too big that it’s going to be loose if I put it back on my APC.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299341/46D83E90-2999-4393-8AB5-82646FBCD37F_jpe-1386159.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299341/957C3E00-094B-4C93-B649-3E128B909F3F_jpe-1386161.JPG
View Quote

@alphathree that looks great! Can it still fire/cycle with the stock folded?
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 5:36:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Moses_J:

@alphathree that looks great! Can it still fire/cycle with the stock folded?
View Quote

Yeah for sure. The scorpion operating system is fully enclosed in the receiver.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:

Yeah for sure. The scorpion operating system is fully enclosed in the receiver.
View Quote

I think he’s referring to ejection port that looks blocked by the stock body.

The B&T stock looks really nice on the evo btw..
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Frens:

I think he’s referring to ejection port that looks blocked by the stock body.

The B&T stock looks really nice on the evo btw..
View Quote

Ah gotcha. Not sure. It’s definitely obstructing about half of the ejection port but there is enough space that I think it would eject find and it may not stove pipe
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm a little peeved....

I bought a Binary to go in my gun and when I went to remove the screw from my trigger pack, i managed to strip out the head.  Not sure how you do that with an allen key, but I did it.

I called CZ and they confirmed that i don't have a welded screw, just blue loctite...

Now I'm not sure what to do
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:47:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By IamMunneY:
I'm a little peeved....

I bought a Binary to go in my gun and when I went to remove the screw from my trigger pack, i managed to strip out the head.  Not sure how you do that with an allen key, but I did it.

I called CZ and they confirmed that i don't have a welded screw, just blue loctite...

View Quote

Drill the head off the screw. That or grab it with needle nose vice grips. You can get a replacement screw at any Lowe’s or HD.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 12:48:35 AM EDT
[#28]

Drill the head off the screw. That or grab it with needle nose vice grips. You can get a replacement screw at any Lowe’s or HD.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By IamMunneY:
I'm a little peeved....

Yep. Just get the screw out as if you had a welded pack. Get a drill bit that fits just right in the hole in the trigger guard and drill the head off. I can’t remember the screw size but you should be able to google foo it then buy it at Lowe’s. I bought a 4 pack I think for a couple of bucks. If I had any idea where they were I’d send them to you.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 3:06:18 AM EDT
[#29]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/64912/2D540CE1-64BA-426E-AD78-A00B3DA43130-1384304.jpg
View Quote

Is the 1C in stock anywhere yet ?
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Put a Romeo5 on it and a temp compact L2 body and LED drop in.  Gear Sector mount smacks my finger when working the CH.  I will pick up a Mlok pic mount for a TRL1 I have on the bench.

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#31]
IamMunney,
He is what you need to do, with the link to HB Industries video. They also have the drill bit with replacement screw or you can source what you need locally. Great accessories for the Scorpion and tremendous customer service.
https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/carbide-drill-for-scorpion-trigger-pack/
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Trooper894:
IamMunney,
He is what you need to do, with the link to HB Industries video. They also have the drill bit with replacement screw or you can source what you need locally. Great accessories for the Scorpion and tremendous customer service.
https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/carbide-drill-for-scorpion-trigger-pack/
View Quote

I actually got it out last night and bought a new screw this morning at the hardware store... I'm not sure what kind of hulk put this stupid thing in but that was ridiculous.

Thanks for the help guys... Now the wait for my mantacore continues
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 9:20:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:27:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Is anyone running a MWI Rail and Manticore Charging handle? Any issues running aluminum on aluminum?

Thxs
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:41:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Girthrockwel] [#35]
Originally Posted By aemsl69:
Is anyone running a MWI Rail and Manticore Charging handle? Any issues running aluminum on aluminum? 

Thxs
View Quote

No personal experience with that setup but it was either somewhere in this thread or a disclaimer on a product page somewhere that said the combination could cause galling.

ETA: could have been HBI stuff I’m thinking of.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Girthrockwel:

No personal experience with that setup but it was either somewhere in this thread or a disclaimer on a product page somewhere that said the combination could cause galling.

ETA: could have been HBI stuff I’m thinking of.
View Quote

You are correct it is the HBI charging handle, he recommends against it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:

You are correct it is the HBI charging handle, he recommends against it.
View Quote
I can verify that the Alum. CH with the HBI Handguard is a No-Go. Super shitty feeling.

(Anyone want to buy an HBI Alum. CH?? )

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:01:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
I can verify that the Alum. CH with the HBI Handguard is a No-Go. Super shitty feeling.

(Anyone want to buy an HBI Alum. CH??  )

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tifosi:
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:

You are correct it is the HBI charging handle, he recommends against it.
I can verify that the Alum. CH with the HBI Handguard is a No-Go. Super shitty feeling.

(Anyone want to buy an HBI Alum. CH??  )

Hilarious, I own 2 and have been dragging my ass getting them in the EE
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:09:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 03PSD] [#39]
I have a HBI charging handle and installed a Midwest Industries hand guard. Yes there is some roughness to where the charging handle rubs the anodizing or whatever coating the handguard has. I figured it would be a wear point and already seems to have lessened. I put some red grease on it and its helped significantly. Its still definetly not as smooth as the CH on the plastic factory HG but I prefer the MI HG and HBI CH enough over the other parts that I will deal with the increased friction while the coating smooths out. Its not as if you cant charge the weapon. Its not a big deal IMHO.

Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#40]
I just got back from shooting my new-to-me Scorpion that I picked up from the EE.

Damn I love this gun!
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:37:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Killface:
I just got back from shooting my new-to-me Scorpion that I picked up from the EE. 

Damn I love this gun!
View Quote

They really are a hoot.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:19:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By aemsl69:
Is anyone running a MWI Rail and Manticore Charging handle? Any issues running aluminum on aluminum? 

Thxs
View Quote

I did for a short time, and hated it. Went to the extended polymer CH and never looked back. Factory poly one lives on the strong side of the gun.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:44:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By IamMunneY:
I'm a little peeved....

I bought a Binary to go in my gun and when I went to remove the screw from my trigger pack, i managed to strip out the head.  Not sure how you do that with an allen key, but I did it.

I called CZ and they confirmed that i don't have a welded screw, just blue loctite... 

Now I'm not sure what to do
View Quote

Not on my CZ, but I’ve done it too. I got the SAE and the Metric Allen keys mixed up. I thought the one I had was the right one, but it was slightly smaller and stripped the head of the screw.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:38:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#44]
you can drill out the head, through the trigger guard. Then just break off the head with a pair of pliers, and the trigger pack will come out. From there, use pair of pliers to twist out the screw. Many have had this same thing happen, when I say many, I mean most. HBI sells the replacement screw kit--totally work it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Getting into this with a FDE EVO 3 S1 this week once it gets to my FFL

Have all the critical upgrades ready,just need the Pistol and a tailhook brace which seems to be impossible to find
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:19:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Punisher] [#46]
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:
Getting into this with a FDE EVO 3 S1 this week once it gets to my FFL

Have all the critical upgrades ready,just need the Pistol and a tailhook brace which seems to be impossible to find
View Quote

I got the last one from YetiWurks last week. It showed OOS after I ordered mine, and I painted it.

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:12:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:
Getting into this with a FDE EVO 3 S1 this week once it gets to my FFL

Have all the critical upgrades ready,just need the Pistol and a tailhook brace which seems to be impossible to find
View Quote
Midway has the adapter in stock:

Gear Head Works CZ Scorpion Folding Arm Adapter Kit for Tailhook Mod 1 Polymer
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By scottr:
Midway has the adapter in stock:

Gear Head Works CZ Scorpion Folding Arm Adapter Kit for Tailhook Mod 1 Polymer
View Quote

I think the fact that they are now making an adapter to accept the scorpion stock arm to fit on the Stribog has made the demand even greater.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:44:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By The_Punisher:

I got the last one from YetiWurks last week. It showed OOS after I ordered mine, and I painted it.

https://i.imgur.com/g8BIwMS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LoixfXm.jpg
View Quote

Looks great.

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:45:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlyLeaf] [#50]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:
Getting into this with a FDE EVO 3 S1 this week once it gets to my FFL

Have all the critical upgrades ready,just need the Pistol and a tailhook brace which seems to be impossible to find

Yep i grabbed one last week in FDE from Midway.

Just missed a tailhook on ebay,someone beat me to it by a minute or two

Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 231 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top