Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 226 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 12:46:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 6:24:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 6:36:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorta want.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#4]
So we already have 3 Scorpion bbl lengths...what's the 4th gonna be? I presume whatever will get the threads sticking out of the bullpup kit...
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
So we already have 3 Scorpion bbl lengths...what's the 4th gonna be? I presume whatever will get the threads sticking out of the bullpup kit...
View Quote
Looks like it uses the upper receiver/barrel assembly and just replaces the lower. So I’d imagine it’ll work with any of the current models out there.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JK-919:
Bullpup kit is up on CZ's website.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-carbine-bullpup-kit/
View Quote
It's so ugly.

It's using the factory receiver and hand guard, I wish they could have found a way to use those rails instead of having to put another rail on top of it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
No...just no......
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
Oh no...that is ugly.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I cant get pics to upload but have an Apex grip on mine which is usable. The magpul grip is a no go but the Yetiwurks Switchback looks damn near perfect.

I havent seen a Pakse Pathfinder yet but from lines and design it looks like it will work but like Apex not line up 100%
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#10]
You can use an EXPS or UH1 and get pretty close to not needing a riser. I am waiting on the manticore arms rails to come out. They currently list a 15in on their site bit have said a shorter (12?) will also be released.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#11]
So can the bullpup kit be used with an SBR or are they pretty much 16" carbine only at this point?
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 1:25:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyArtillery] [#12]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:
So can the bullpup kit be used with an SBR or are they pretty much 16" carbine only at this point?
View Quote
There isn't anything that prevents using the kit with a SBR. The whole front end is basically a shroud/cavity for the barrel. You'd just have to figure out the appropriate barrel length to be functional (for you) with the length of the handguard. There was an earlier thread referencing finding a good length for mounting a suppressor under the handguard. Perhaps Manticore Arms will offer a shortened version of their bullpup tailored to short barrels (similar to the MDR-C).
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 1:29:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyArtillery] [#13]
*Please Delete - Accidental repost*
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 4:38:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I wonder what the trigger feels like.  The stock Scorpion pull is pretty embarrassing, and bullpup designs are notorious for long scratchy pulls.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Changing out the grip angle solves much of the trigger issues.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SilasB:

The porting works. The gun is still in my top 5 favorites to shoot, but I don't see buying another integral suppressor [outside of a 22 bolt action].  Can't run it for PCC matches (well I could, but I like my fellow ROs) so I had to build something else for that. The suppressor itself + ported barrel and sleeve takes more work, which I knew going in, but I'm human and the other hosts just get shot more.

Still, when friends want to go shooting it's the gun they ask me to bring and a favorite at any demo.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/408302/scorp-883312.jpg
View Quote
@SilasB

is that the 8" Sig Minimalist Stock? Thinking about changing from my Manticore PDW stock to a Sig Minimalist, but am torn between the 8" and 9". Any issues with your setup?
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 12:10:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By hoothrewpoo:

@SilasB

is that the 8" Sig Minimalist Stock? Thinking about changing from my Manticore PDW stock to a Sig Minimalist, but am torn between the 8" and 9". Any issues with your setup?
View Quote
It is.  The gun currently has the original CZ stock on it.  The minimalist looked good and fit the gun great, but I like a little more LOP.  Well length and a cheek weld.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 8:43:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SilasB:

It is.  The gun currently has the original CZ stock on it.  The minimalist looked good and fit the gun great, but I like a little more LOP.  Well length and a cheek weld.
View Quote
@SilasB

Roger - Thanks. If you decide you want to sell the Minimalist and 1913 adapter I’d be interested.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, I ordered one of the bullpup kits for my FDE carbine with muzzle brake. I will see if it is as ugly in person as it is in the pictures.

I'm hoping that the Magpul grip will be adaptable for it, I've seen one source saying that the Magpul grip won't fit the bullpup lower but I'll find out for sure.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 11:45:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Magpul announces 50 round drum for the Scorpion

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:40:59 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
I want one.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:55:33 AM EDT
[#22]
x2. The scorpions march to PCC domination continues!
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
Vid

https://youtu.be/zFfa95wf24M
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:16:26 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
Might get one, just to have, but wait for a sale.  No way I’m paying $120 for it, especially after getting the excellent PSA 35 round mags on sale for like $14.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 7:24:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3-gun] [#25]
Got the HBI parts installed today.
Pro stock charging handle and mag release, theta forward trigger and trigger spring, long AK safety.
Polished all metal to metal contact points. Trigger average is 5 lbs.
also put the small mount on the Romeo 5 dot for a lower 1/3 co witness. Pretty dang happy with everything. Just needs a can.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:35:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
I bought a couple of the PSA Drum mags while they were on sale a few weeks back.  Magpul better get the price down on them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Just wondering whats the thinking on who makes the best mags for the Scorpion? I just ordered a pistol. There seem to be a lot of options for mags an dont want to get junk.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#29]
If I was betting my life on it, factory black mags. Other mags have had more issues or haven't been around long enough to be sure.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 8:11:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AzAgLover] [#30]
Originally Posted By jppaul16438:
Just wondering whats the thinking on who makes the best mags for the Scorpion? I just ordered a pistol. There seem to be a lot of options for mags an dont want to get junk.
View Quote
The Manticore mags are junk imo.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 5:26:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
If I was betting my life on it, factory black mags. Other mags have had more issues or haven't been around long enough to be sure.
View Quote
+1
Black windowed mags fixed all the issues
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By jppaul16438:
View Quote
The PSA mags have my vote. Tough as nails, flawless feeding, 35 rounds, available in multiple colors, very very impressed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Magpul 50 round drum for the scorpion.

Magpul Short Tower PCC Drums, PMAG 10 5.56, BSL/BTR Braces, Backpacker Stock - SHOT Show 2020
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By AzAgLover:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AzAgLover:
Originally Posted By IamMunneY:

I bought a couple of the PSA Drum mags while they were on sale a few weeks back.  Magpul better get the price down on them.
Manticore doesn't have anything to do with those, they're made by F5.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
Looks like dog shit....
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:11:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By GTBJW:
Looks like dog shit....
View Quote
I'm not interested in buying one, but I do think it looks better in person.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 6:00:36 AM EDT
[#37]
weird question for the stock experts...
do you think a non folding buffer tube adapter & a AR15 pdw stock (Maxim, SI,etc) could work on the Evo?

I like the idea of the manticore slider stock but the lack of chin support and its general width make it uncomfortable...
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Frens:
weird question for the stock experts...
do you think a non folding buffer tube adapter & a AR15 pdw stock (Maxim, SI,etc) could work on the Evo?

I like the idea of the manticore slider stock but the lack of chin support and its general width make it uncomfortable...
View Quote
So you would voluntarily take one of the worst features of the AR platform that almost no other gun design uses because it sucks so bad and put it on your Evo?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

@jekbrown

The bullpup kit was designed to keep a Scorpion carbine at 26.1” non NFA territory  with a 16” carbine barrel.

It will work fine with any length of barrel, although for safety it is recommended that a muzzle device or suppressor extend the open muzzle end to at least in front of the forend.

CZ USA requested that the bullpup kit keep their OEM grip, but the grip is replaceable.

CZ USA also requested that the kit work with the OEM forend so that customers did not have to swap out the forend on their carbines.  If you go to the Manticore Webstore we currently have no less than 4 models of forend that are compatible with the bullpup kit and were designed to work with it- two carry handle models specifically for the bullpup and two general purpose models  that work on any model of Scorpion including the bullpup, both  available in 12” and 15” models.  We also offer thr barrel nut tools to remove the OEM forends.

If you really want to go nuts Ratworx is now offering the Venom
Suppressor forend which works with  the bullpup kit and you can have a 22”  long integrally suppressed 9mm carbine with the OEM pistol barrel. The micro Venom Suppressor launches in a few weeks and you can convert a 4.4” barrel evo micro to a 19” long integrally suppressed 9mm carbine.

Will post pics of some of these setups in the morning.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
I'd say this is pretty damn hot...

Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Im not sure yet if i like it but FFS WTF didnt they make the damn thing use AR grips? That angle is horrible and going to put the mag into your wrist. There are so many excellent AR grips and only a handfull of mediocre Scorpion specific grips. ANYBODY IN THERE MCFLY??????
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 1:03:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#41]
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 1:14:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#42]
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Girthrockwel:

So you would voluntarily take one of the worst features of the AR platform that almost no other gun design uses because it sucks so bad and put it on your Evo?
View Quote
Yeah that’s the plan

After a few beers I was thinking that the super short buffer tube used on the pdw stock could act as a cheek support when the stock is deployed.. just like an a AR or the Scar PDW..
Wont be as compact as possible when collapsed but would be more useable..
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 4:10:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Has anyone done a good comparison of the different integral setups including sound readings?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Anvis69:
Im not sure yet if i like it but FFS WTF didnt they make the damn thing use AR grips? That angle is horrible and going to put the mag into your wrist. There are so many excellent AR grips and only a handfull of mediocre Scorpion specific grips. ANYBODY IN THERE MCFLY??????
View Quote
It can take AR grips. I dont remember where I got the adapter but I have a Hera AR grip on mine. Google it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#46]
I’d buy a Tavor before I spent the money to make this.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:18:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AzAgLover] [#47]
Originally Posted By jmarkma:

Manticore doesn't have anything to do with those, they're made by F5.
View Quote
I quoted the wrong post in my reply.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 7:25:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#48]
Originally Posted By Anvis69:
View Quote
Probably because the gun was designed in a country that isn't all that infatuated with the M16 / M4 which, itself didn't have more than a couple grips available for the first few decades it existed. The options with AR parts were, compared to today, shockingly limited until the AWB sunset and it's popularity exploded. Check out the AR scene in the 80s sometime. The gun has been available for 20+ years at that point. How many grip options? Not many.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 7:01:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#49]
View All Quotes
There's a lot going on there just to throw 9mm.

Originally Posted By EntropyZuper:
It can take AR grips. I dont remember where I got the adapter but I have a Hera AR grip on mine. Google it.
https://i.imgur.com/1TlhE62.jpg
Those HERA grips look hot on that. You said you got an adapter to use standard AR grips?
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By willi3d:
No...just no......
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By willi3d:

No...just no......
This
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 226 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top