Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 207 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 3:50:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MidwestRookie] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nutro:
I cannot find a stock folding setup at all. I can get individual pieces but it adds up. Does anyone have a lead on a folder/cheek rest in FDE with the tailhook adapter?
View Quote
https://www.yetiwurks.com/collections/cz-scorpion-evo-iii/products/scorpion-tailhook-adapter-kit?variant=54684702165

Get on the mailing list for it...worked for me a couple weeks ago.

EDIT - Page.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 4:26:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MidwestRookie:

Only things left to do to it are install the HBI duck bill mag release and send the trigger pack off to ShootersElement to install their flat trigger, HBI reduced weight springs and do their full polish job. Trigger isn't that bad, but having SE work some magic on it seems like a no-brainer.
View Quote
Wish someone I knew had a Scorpion with Shooters Element polish job & HBI spring kit I could shoot side by side & compare to. I have the CZ custom trigger pack & just put on a HBI theta forward trigger shoe which ain’t the cheapest setup but worth every penny in my opinion. The most crisp single stage trigger I have on any gun. I’m probably gonna pick up a second scorpion soon and just wonder if the cheaper option is close enough to be worth saving the money (roughly $120 difference if you install CZ Custom trigger pack yourself)

Good looking CZ
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:28:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Atschach:

Wish someone I knew had a Scorpion with Shooters Element polish job & HBI spring kit I could shoot side by side & compare to. I have the CZ custom trigger pack & just put on a HBI theta forward trigger shoe which ain’t the cheapest setup but worth every penny in my opinion. The most crisp single stage trigger I have on any gun. I’m probably gonna pick up a second scorpion soon and just wonder if the cheaper option is close enough to be worth saving the money (roughly $120 difference if you install CZ Custom trigger pack yourself)

Good looking CZ
View Quote
Thanks!

Just ordered the SE trigger/polish and a Gen 3 Switchback. Should be all set once those are done/installed.

I'll be sure to post some thoughts once I get it back.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm about to submit my Form 1 e-file.

Factory folder and HBI icro/K conversion with their 5.3" barrel. What should my OAL be?

Do I  use CZ USA as manufacturer/ brand?
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 9:53:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tifosi] [#5]
I'm about to submit my Form 1 e-file.

Factory folder and HBI icro/K conversion with their 5.3" barrel. What should my OAL be?

Do I  use CZ USA as manufacturer/ brand?
View Quote
Not sure about OAL, but I've SBR'd three CZ's and always listed the manufacturer as the following:

Ceska Zbrojovka (CZ)
Uhersky Brod, Moravia
Czech Republic

They've all been approved FWIW.

eta: You should be able to use CZ-USA's name and address as well, since the box says "Name and Address of Original Manufacturer and/orImporter of Firearm"
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh, and the scorpion with factory folder is 17" from butt to front of the clamshell receiver, so maybe just add the length of
the HBI guard or your barrel to that, so let's call it 22"? Close enough for government work!

Mine was listed as 26", but that was when it was completely stock, now it's shorter.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Factory barrel is 7.72", HBi is 5.3". OAL with factory barrel and stock is 26"
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 5:42:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cherenkov] [#8]
Edited to Add - Franklin Armory contacted me and gave me directions on re-torquing the trigger assy screw and polishing /lubing the bottom side of the bolt  It is working now! easy fix!

Has anyone else had trouble with the Franklin Armory Binary Trigger?

I installed mine on my Gen 2 Scorpion Evo and in binary mode it still functions as normal  = Fire on pull of trigger only, not on release.  Feeds functions fine otherwise Just no binary and selector verified installed properly!

Installation was easy and I was able to verify binary function in manual checks with the trigger frame and binary pack outside of the gun - exactly As per directions.

When inserted into the gun = no binary.  Upon close inspection removing the trigger group when it happens (and keeping finger holding trigger back -the hammer appears as if it gets depressed to far downward by the bolt moving - if it goes to far, it catches the front hooks of the trigger, not the back sear that would old the hammer until released by the release of the trigger - so its behaving just like a semi auto.  Not too thrilled after $500!!!

I called Franklin nobody answered (its on the weekend) and emailed - hopefully they know if there is a fix.   Anyone had this happen?  My serial number is in the 900s.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 6:29:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I cannot find a stock folding setup at all. I can get individual pieces but it adds up. Does anyone have a lead on a folder/cheek rest in FDE with the tailhook adapter?
View Quote
Modern Warriors has a few.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Took my HBI K-converted Tailhook-equipped Scorpion out last night for another 200 rounds.  *This* is how the Scorpion is meant to be.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Debating between the tailhook and holding out for the CZ PDW from SB tactical. I will eventually convert the pistol to K/Micro.

Anyone know the length of pull for the CZ PDW? And is it even still going to be released? SB Tactical took the product page down...
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AF89:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
YetiWurks posted that they had some in stock yesterday
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 7:53:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bkpkr] [#13]
Time to jump back into this thread. Purchased one of the first Evos and immediately form 1’ed it prior to 41p. Barely shot it and it’s been sitting for a few years. Due to my lifestyle, not the gun.

Anyway, I’m home and got a fixed barrel spacer for my Osprey so I’ve been blasting steel all week. Put another 350rds through it. So much fun.

All I have done is throw on a Burris FF and some rail covers. Just ordered the HBI spring kit. I’d love that binary trigger, but not anytime soon. I’ll probably throw on a vfg, but I’m pretty satisfied with the stock configuration, besides the horrendous trigger pull of course.

I’ve had the original 2 20 rounders and 4 original 30 rounders loaded up for a year or two. No cracked feed lips! I was thinking about trying some aftermarket mags because why not. The PGS/Manticore mags appear to be less than stellar based on reviews. Anyone have any luck with those, or are there any other options out there?

Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:51:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mississippicelery] [#14]

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:20:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a tailhook with the factory folder on my scorpion pistol and love it, but that hbi zhukov folder looks awesome enough that I'm considering SBRing. Am I crazy? The tailhook doesnt really give up anything in terms of practicality or function.

Also going to do a form 1 can to dedicate to it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:34:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Redarts:
I have a tailhook with the factory folder on my scorpion pistol and love it, but that hbi zhukov folder looks awesome enough that I'm considering SBRing. Am I crazy? The tailhook doesnt really give up anything in terms of practicality or function.

Also going to do a form 1 can to dedicate to it.
View Quote
I’m in the process of planning a move to a NFA friendly state, and I thought my EVO would be a great gun to SBR - but then I thought about it a bit.  I’m going to leave it as a braced pistol unless the regs change regarding braces.  Fewer transport hassles.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:56:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Anyone have opinions on aftermarket mags? Are the Manticore/Prepper mags junk as the reviews seem to indicate?
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 12:50:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rif4trbo] [#18]
http://imgur.com/a/1YJLXVA
Midwest handguard with unity scout mount perfect tight light placement.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By rif4trbo:
http://imgur.com/a/1YJLXVA
Midwest handguard with unity scout mount perfect tight light placement.
View Quote
Charging handle on the right?  I so much want my light there but CH must be on the left.  So my Inforce MWL is angled down with a potato chip mount.

Somebody needs to make a CH which holds a 1xCR123 light or similar small light as part of the unit.  I was thinking the light itself could fold out like a FAL para charging handle, but that would be a little weird if you're trying to keep the light on something and also charge the gun
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By heavyduty:

I’m in the process of planning a move to a NFA friendly state, and I thought my EVO would be a great gun to SBR - but then I thought about it a bit.  I’m going to leave it as a braced pistol unless the regs change regarding braces.  Fewer transport hassles.
View Quote
You're right of course. But the zhukov set sure does look cool.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mPisi:

Charging handle on the right?  I so much want my light there but CH must be on the left.  So my Inforce MWL is angled down with a potato chip mount.
View Quote
If only Inforce would make a WML with remote switch one could mount it at 6 o’clock in a similar MP5 fashion
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By heavyduty:

View Quote
SBR it, put a brace on it for trips out of state, or file a 5320 which is good for a year.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 70satvert:
Anyone have opinions on aftermarket mags? Are the Manticore/Prepper mags junk as the reviews seem to indicate?
View Quote
I am curious to hear from folks who have the newest generation 30 round windowed magazines from CZ. It is clear they have redesigned some of the geometry on the magazine and the follower. I have no experience personally with any of the aftermarket magazines. Will also be curious if the new CZ mags finally put to bed the feed lip cracking issues, one would think so.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
I have nine of the Manticore mags and haven't experienced a single issue.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By HTHF:

I am curious to hear from folks who have the newest generation 30 round windowed magazines from CZ. It is clear they have redesigned some of the geometry on the magazine and the follower. I have no experience personally with any of the aftermarket magazines. Will also be curious if the new CZ mags finally put to bed the feed lip cracking issues, one would think so.
View Quote
I love the black polymer windowed mags, but truth be told I haven't seen any performance difference than the original mags.
I've never had a feed lip crack on any of my Gen1 mags, so maybe I'm not the ideal reviewer?
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
I've tried / tested all the Evo mags, even the 3D printed Uzi mag adapters, except the new CZ windowed ones. This far I haven't found the perfect mag. Hoping the CZs are before I stock up for the long term.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File

This is my SBR and Hybrid. I ordered the K kit from HBI and it should be here in a couple of days. I got the three lug barrel that’s also threaded. I’m going to use the ASR mount on it till I get another can since everything else that I shoot suppressed has ASR mounts.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:33:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 5:47:25 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
I’ve read of people filing the new mags in order to make them to lock.

I was lucky..Mine works great without mods. There’s a thread with a few pics.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:26:35 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
I have 4 of them (2 smoked and 2 clear). I only have a couple hundred rounds through them together, but I like them better than the OEM mags so far. They seem to retain rounds better when being bumped around and unlike the OEM mags, I haven't had any break yet.

To be fair to CZ though, they replaced all of my mags with broken feed lips free of charge when they didn't have to.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By AkXb70:
I have 4 of them (2 smoked and 2 clear). I only have a couple hundred rounds through them together, but I like them better than the OEM mags so far. They seem to retain rounds better when being bumped around and unlike the OEM mags, I haven't had any break yet.

To be fair to CZ though, they replaced all of my mags with broken feed lips free of charge when they didn't have to.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AkXb70:

None of my CZ mags would drop free without some file work. None of my Manticore mags required any fitting.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for the info. May pick some up next year.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 5:40:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Manticore mags are not junk, I hope that guy isn't referencing my review.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:22:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bkpkr] [#34]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
Manticore mags are not junk, I hope that guy isn't referencing my review.
View Quote
Me? I haven’t seen your review as far as I know. Just saw reviews on the Yetiwurks website. They weren’t confidence inspiring.

@jekbrown I wouldn’t mind checking yours out if you have a link.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 4:06:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Atschach] [#35]
Maybe this has already been posted & I missed it but Magpul grip & mag release, hopefully mags too. Scorpion getting more & more attention

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/12/10/magpul-cz-scorpion-grip-and-mag-release-leaked/amp/
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Atschach:
Maybe this has already been posted & I missed it but Magpul grip & mag release, hopefully mags too. Scottish getting more & more attention

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/12/10/magpul-cz-scorpion-grip-and-mag-release-leaked/amp/
View Quote
Thanks, I hadn't seen that. I do like the looks of the grip...

Link Posted: 12/10/2018 7:17:55 PM EDT
[#37]
SB Tactical CZPDW brace arrived today, ordered in October.
I guess an early Christmas present to myself.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By HEIT_APDST:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/15109/CZ_PDW_1_jpg-767949.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/15109/CZ_PDW_2_jpg-767950.JPG
View Quote
As a K configuration SBR owner (the very first one btw), that pistol looks pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
Thanks, I hadn't seen that. I do like the looks of the grip...

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/46362775_10100367011872346_1889959414681567232_n-371x660.jpg
View Quote
Magazines as well? That would be great. What generation magazine are we on from CZ now, 87? That grip looks good, I have been waiting to upgrade, that may be the one.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 8:08:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By thebomber:
As a K configuration SBR owner (the very first one btw), that pistol looks pretty awesome.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thebomber:
Originally Posted By HEIT_APDST:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/15109/CZ_PDW_1_jpg-767949.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/15109/CZ_PDW_2_jpg-767950.JPG
Thank you very much! I like her! Just needs a charging handle upgrade and she should be done.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 8:38:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Attachment Attached File

Just got the HBI K kit in today. This thing is super handy in this configuration. Way better balanced with this giant ass hybrid on it. I also got the AK safety. They should come from the factory with those. Night and day difference. If it functions and is accurate I’ll be a really happy camper.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:42:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Girthrockwel:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/226082/F9F9B3C6-7C37-423B-95A2-E8D670C4DCA3_jpeg-768055.JPG

Just got the HBI K kit in today. This thing is super handy in this configuration. Way better balanced with this giant ass hybrid on it. I also got the AK safety. They should come from the factory with those. Night and day difference. If it functions and is accurate I’ll be a really happy camper.
View Quote
That looks fantastic brother.....I can't wait to shoot that awesomeness!

I'm sure I'm gonna love a 2 stamp gun
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#43]
New 35 round mags from PSA.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 12:49:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Interesting... Market is heating up, especially if Magpul jumps in next. The more the merrier!!
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 3:40:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
Interesting... Market is heating up, especially if Magpul jumps in next. The more the merrier!!
View Quote
PSA is making those for their new AK pattern 9mm rifle/pistol. Happy coincidence they designed it around Scorpion mags.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Has anyone replaced the factory irons on their Scorp?

I think they are a little too low for me....
I have contemplated replacing them with Magpul MBUS.

Thoughts, ideas?....
Been there, done that??

Please let me know.
Thx,
CG
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By CowboyGunner:

Thoughts, ideas?....
Been there, done that??

Please let me know.
Thx,
CG
View Quote
I have not but then again I'm using the factory stock. Keep in mind that the height over bore is already pretty high and adding higher sights is going to exacerbate that.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Thoughts, ideas?....
Been there, done that??

Please let me know.
Thx,
CG
View Quote
I put higher iron sites on my scorpion for a while. With the magpul stock & cheek riser I couldn’t even come close to using the stock sites. No issues with accuracy or anything once you get them dialed in, this ain’t a long range gun. I kept them folded down the majority of the time.

Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:33:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Thoughts, ideas?....
Been there, done that??

Please let me know.
Thx,
CG
View Quote
I wanted 'taller but not super tall', so I went with HK416 sights and then swapped in the proper mp5 drum onto the rear sight. A spendy option for sure, but I love them.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:45:42 AM EDT
[#50]
How solid is the PDW stock when it’s extended? The website describe being adjustable without having to push button I was just curious what keeps it locked Into position
Thanks
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 207 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top