Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 203 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Atschach:
This link been posted?

https://www.franklinarmory.com/collections/binarytrigger/products/franklin-armory-bfsiii-cz-c1
View Quote
I'll order one when they're readily available, hopefully in September.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 10:54:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PineappleDevil] [#2]
Originally Posted By heavyduty:
What are people using for a low profile Scorpion pistol length case? I have a folding Tailhook on mine, and I’d like a thicker, shorter bag to hold and transport the gun folded.
View Quote
Phitz case. First post on second page.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Phitz-Viola-case-for-an-AR-pistol/122-711430/&page=2
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome!
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 8:28:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By PineappleDevil:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Phitz-Viola-case-for-an-AR-pistol/122-711430/&page=2
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 3:54:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frens] [#5]
Hey all,
Any of you guys ever tested the Evo for accuracy at 100m/100yds?

I’ve been owning my evo since 2013 but only used at no more than 25m.. well yesterday I went to the 100m range just to play with it and I’m disappointed

I’m not a sniper but was expecting the Evo to perform more or less like my m1 carbine... instead the factory 124g were hitting all over the target.. only some were inside a 3-4” area..

Btw my evo is in factory SBR configuration; only mod are HB trigger springs and OEM heat shield installed.
Optic is a Sparc2.

ETA for more info:
Before trying at 100m I checked my zero at 50m with 4x 5rounds groups..
1st & 2nd group of 124 fiocchi was good about 1.5-2” including a couple of flyers.
3rd group of my plinking 124g handloads started to open up but blamed my cheap handloads..
4th group with 147 fiocchi was even worse but maybe my evo didn’t like heavier rounds..

Then moved at 100m with 124g fiocchi but got minute of a elephant groups.. even tried to let it cool down but didn’t help.. and nothing on the gun is loose (but will double check tomorrow)..
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Frens:
Hey all,
Any of you guys ever tested the Evo for accuracy at 100m/100yds?

I've been owning my evo since 2013 but only used at no more than 25m.. well yesterday I went to the 100m range just to play with it and I'm disappointed

I'm not a sniper but was expecting the Evo to perform more or less like my m1 carbine... instead the factory 124g were hitting all over the target.. only some were inside a 3-4" area..

Btw my evo is in factory SBR configuration; only mod are HB trigger springs and OEM heat shield installed.
Optic is a Sparc2.

ETA for more info:
Before trying at 100m I checked my zero at 50m with 4x 5rounds groups..
1st & 2nd group of 124 fiocchi was good about 1.5-2" including a couple of flyers.
3rd group of my plinking 124g handloads started to open up but blamed my cheap handloads..
4th group with 147 fiocchi was even worse but maybe my evo didn't like heavier rounds..

Then moved at 100m with 124g fiocchi but got minute of a elephant groups.. even tried to let it cool down but didn't help.. and nothing on the gun is loose (but will double check tomorrow)..
View Quote
You do know 9mm will be around 9 inches low at 100 yards, right?  Were you shooting from a bench or offhand? Were you expecting tight groups, but lower?
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 1:05:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frens] [#7]
Originally Posted By ToyCop:
You do know 9mm will be around 9 inches low at 100 yards, right?  Were you shooting from a bench or offhand? Were you expecting tight groups, but lower?
View Quote
Actually with my 20-25m zero the gun was hitting the 100m target without issue. Just spreaded all over the target.. and the paper target is some thing like 60x60 cm..

From the bench with sand bag on the front.

Problem is I feel like something happened after the first 10-15 rounds.. can’t figure out what..
Given the first 2 tight groups at 50m I was expecting at 100 to stay inside the 20 cm black zone at least
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone have an extra black cheek rest/stock with the tailhook? Ive been hunting around for one and cant seem to find one available.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Hking:
What is the better handguard option, HBI, Manticore, or MI?
View Quote
I definitely prefer the hbi looks
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Finally got my back tuned up enough that I could get to the range with the new EVO. (Steroid injections, yeah baby.)

*Very* impressed with how the gun shoots. The factory trigger blows chunks, but that’s fixable (I have a HBI spring kit on deck) and even with that I was effortlessly shooting 2” groups at 15 yards with 20 year old crap ammunition. Zero issues in 200 rounds of mixed garbage grade 115 and 124g FMJ, and also some 115g HPs.

The Tailhook is fantastic on this thing, too.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 10:20:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XIIITRAUMA] [#11]
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 2:14:16 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By heavyduty:
What are people using for a low profile Scorpion pistol length case? I have a folding Tailhook on mine, and I’d like a thicker, shorter bag to hold and transport the gun folded.

Phitz went out of business a long time ago.  Good luck find a case. They were some of the best for the money.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 2:24:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MDStroup:

Phitz went out of business a long time ago.  Good luck find a case. They were some of the best for the money.
View Quote
I bought 5 cases during the big sell off. Wish I had bought more.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Actually with my 20-25m zero the gun was hitting the 100m target without issue. Just spreaded all over the target.. and the paper target is some thing like 60x60 cm..

From the bench with sand bag on the front.

Problem is I feel like something happened after the first 10-15 rounds.. can’t figure out what..
Given the first 2 tight groups at 50m I was expecting at 100 to stay inside the 20 cm black zone at least
View Quote
My buddy bought an EVO and brace.  He shot a hundred or so rounds through it and it was shotgunning all over the target.  He brought it over and I shot it at 25 yards to see if it would group with me.  First two rounds were almost touching, third round struck the ground two feet low.  I fired a few more rounds and again I saw dust kick up two feet low and two feet right.

Knowing I didn’t yank the trigger, I cleared the gun and locked the bolt back.  As I peered down the muzzle, I heard something rattle and noticed something obstructing the bore.  I unscrewed the outer muzzle device and the thread protector on the 1/2x28 inner threads was loose and rattling around causing bullet strikes and sending the occasional bullet wild.  We retightened both the thread protector and the muzzle device.  Suddenly the gun was a tack driver, ringing a 10”x12” plate consistently at 100 yards.

Make sure your inner thread protector is tight.

Pic of said plate:

Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Thank you for the suggestion,
Unfortunately my Evo is one of the first made (dom is 2013) and has the original M18 thread only.. so there’s nothing that could have came loose...

I’ve always shot it at max 25m or so and was always able to get super tight groups at such short distance..

only mod to the gun is the added barrel cooler with a shim to remove the rattle noise.. so I’m thinking

- tight barrel cooler
- & I may have over torqued the barrel nut that keeps the handguards in place

Could both cause my accuracy issue when heat goes up?

I’ve removed the cooler and reinstalled the barrel nut less aggressively.. tried to go to the range this weekend to test my theory but didn’t have the time..
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#17]
I highly recommend getting your trigger polished by Shooters Element. Took mine with HBi spring from 8 pounds down to about 4 pounds. Definitely worth it!
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank you for the suggestion,
Unfortunately my Evo is one of the first made (dom is 2013) and has the original M18 thread only.. so there’s nothing that could have came loose...

I’ve always shot it at max 25m or so and was always able to get super tight groups at such short distance..

only mod to the gun is the added barrel cooler with a shim to remove the rattle noise.. so I’m thinking

- tight barrel cooler
- & I may have over torqued the barrel nut that keeps the handguards in place

Could both cause my accuracy issue when heat goes up?

I’ve removed the cooler and reinstalled the barrel nut less aggressively.. tried to go to the range this weekend to test my theory but didn’t have the time..
View Quote
It's probably the barrel cooler. Is on really necessary on a 9mm carbine?
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 4:51:43 AM EDT
[#19]
I just received some replacement parts from CZ to see if that will fix the failure to feed and failure to eject. I noticed that CZ now has Gen 3 magazines out. I see they have changed the design. Does anyone know why this was done and what it resolves?
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 6:35:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By HTHF:
I just received some replacement parts from CZ to see if that will fix the failure to feed and failure to eject. I noticed that CZ now has Gen 3 magazines out. I see they have changed the design. Does anyone know why this was done and what it resolves?
View Quote
Cracked feed lips.
I’ve had that issue on different mfg mags (2011-2013-2015 and 2016)
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By HTHF:
View Quote
The new black windowed mags or is there a Gen3 of the smoke mags?
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 1:55:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HTHF] [#22]
Originally Posted By Hking:

The new black windowed mags or is there a Gen3 of the smoke mags?
View Quote
It appears to be a "completely" redesigned mag, I am referring to the new black windowed. If I showed it to you you would say, "Is this made by magpul?" Here is a video review albeit without any actually testing.

As I try and diagnose my failure to feed/eject, I am going to replace one part at a time. I have a feeling it is more of a syndrome or stacking of a few small issues in the gun. I mention this because on the new mag the feed lips are different as well as some other geometry. It looks like the follower may have been changed as well. CZ does not spend money on R&D and then the huge money to make new molds just because they felt like it. Companies make revision to improve or overcome problems and I am sure that is what is going on here.

CZ Scorpion Evo Gen 3 Black Windowed Magazines
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By XIIITRAUMA:
http://i65.tinypic.com/24q0177.jpg
View Quote
@XIIITRAUMA

What hand stop is that?
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 9:05:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By seamasterpro:
@XIIITRAUMA

What hand stop is that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By seamasterpro:
Originally Posted By XIIITRAUMA:
http://i65.tinypic.com/24q0177.jpg
@XIIITRAUMA

What hand stop is that?
Magpul
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 1:04:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Just picked her up. Picked up an SB Tactical brace on sale from Prepper Gun Shop that came with 4 Manticore Arms mags. Anyone have a 9mm SiCo ASR flashhider? Are they dimensionally the same length as the 5.56 ASR mount?
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Still no updates on ETA of the SB telescoping brace?
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Stamp came through.

Link Posted: 8/1/2018 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Who makes an extended handguard that will accommodate a 1.50 OD can? I have a large volume can on it now but want to add a handguard to extended past the can like the rifles with a fake can.

CSF
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 4:22:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By CSFIREARMS:
Who makes an extended handguard that will accommodate a 1.50 OD can? I have a large volume can on it now but want to add a handguard to extended past the can like the rifles with a fake can.

CSF
View Quote
Midwest Industries. The HBI May fit that as well.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 9:47:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By CSFIREARMS:

CSF
View Quote
Midwest will. Just checked mine out on my 1.5 inch form 1 tube and it will clear.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 11:40:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Hbi will clear a can up to 1.57". Mi will be the same as they copied the HBi extrusion.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 3:09:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By f40:
Hbi will clear a can up to 1.57". Mi will be the same as they copied the HBi extrusion.
View Quote
Pretty sure MI will clear 1.60".
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Thanks for the info guys!  Liking the MI one since it's in stock!

CSF
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ToyCop:
Pretty sure MI will clear 1.60".
View Quote
Probably 1.62" if you don't mind it being tight
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#35]
I think I am done with mine for now - HBI micro-K conversion, Tailhook, grip, mag release, HBI safety, Shooter Element comp, Troy micro sights (co-witness perfectly with MRO on ADM mount), Olight PL-mini light.  and most important - binary trigger on order :)

Link Posted: 8/3/2018 10:33:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XIIITRAUMA] [#36]
6.8>4.2

Link Posted: 8/5/2018 8:19:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By SigChef:
Just picked her up. Picked up an SB Tactical brace on sale from Prepper Gun Shop that came with 4 Manticore Arms mags. Anyone have a 9mm SiCo ASR flashhider? Are they dimensionally the same length as the 5.56 ASR mount?
https://i.imgur.com/EPeGnNr.jpg
View Quote
Nice. Mine came from PGS as well. Dimensionally the ASR's are the same as 5.56, just a 9mm diameter opening. I put one of the new single port 9mm 1/2x28 ASR brakes on my CZ for my Hybrid. Love it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyone know if the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S2 Micro is out yet?
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Has any one shot hardcast bullets through their Scorpion yet?

How well did they shoot?
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By cyclone:
Anyone know if the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S2 Micro is out yet?
View Quote
No. My CZ Rep told me late this this year at best.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Troll_toes:

How well did they shoot?
View Quote
Shot HiTech coated ACME reloads from mine today. Ran just fine.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#42]
If anyone is looking for a full Tailhook kit, Yetiworks just got them back in stock.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Troll_toes:

How well did they shoot?
View Quote
I've shot a lot of my reloads with BBI (Black Bullets). Not had cast, but they are coated lead.  No problems.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#44]
HBI has the 6" angled rail in if any of you were interested. Been waiting over a month, K barrel just been sitting on a shelf until they got em back into stock.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#47]
@XIIITRAUMA

What sight/mount setup is that? Looks like a picatinny-mounted channel for Glock sights? Can't tell. I feel like I've seen those before but cant find anything on Google.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:32:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By GTHKTX:
@XIIITRAUMA

What sight/mount setup is that? Looks like a picatinny-mounted channel for Glock sights? Can't tell. I feel like I've seen those before but cant find anything on Google.
View Quote
@GTHKTX

High Tower Armory
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Sweet thanks
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 8:13:17 AM EDT
[#50]
So I'm at my hidden away WMA range just spending the afternoon by myself with a pair of ARs and a USGI carbine, and about 3/4ths through the day I  hear another fellow pull up which usually means it's Bubba, and the stupid he brought with him, however much to my surprise, the gentlemen proceeds to whip out a like new Scorpion with the UMP styled brace that he ordered separately.  I instantly knew I might be in trouble when he was banging my 2/3rd steel torso @ 100yds with a 100% hit rate using TULA steel cased shit, and a stock iron sighted pistol with the added brace.   He also said he just changed two springs in the trigger mechanism that helped the trigger.  I super precision with the best of them, and honestly didn't even notice the trigger...which to me means it was a perfect mil spec weight and break, and allowed the shooter to focus on other areas of technique, or in my case the sheer enjoyment of shooting a very fun new gun for the first time:)

Honestly I had zero interest in these til today, but after handling it extensively (I thought it was gonna be a plastic POS modern age type design), putting a mag though it with great effect, and finally hearing the price tag...yeah that did it for me.    I was torn if I should get a B&T, and really appreciate swiss firearms, but for a pistol caliber carbine that is being bought for the sheer enjoyment of shooting it, rather than using it for protection....$2-3K for an APC is a bit excessive for a collection filler, or fun gun.  Besides, if I'm buying F-U type money PCCs, then I'll get HKs.

I enjoyed seeing the CZ have a 45 throw like most euro guns have always had I guess.   That said, it wasn't as intuitive as the ARs, and more over it wasn't smooth b/t detent catch holes, rather it required a forceful push all the way either on or off.    Loved the short charging handle that gives me the MP5 slap cool guy factor for none of the crazy cost.   Sounds great, and I'm a sucker for different firearm's actions.   He said he shot a bit over 250rds on it thus far, and has had zero malfunctions.   Again, the thing was banging steel at 100yds like a sewing machine with shit ammo.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 203 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top