Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 202 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 9:32:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Scorpion, where have you been all my life?

I just bought a Evo yesterday, picked it up used, fairly tricked out. Has Switchback grip, Tailhook brace, and had both pistol and carbine handguard

Took her out this evening, man its boringly accurate. What a great piece. But I don't have to tell you guys that.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 9:01:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone know somewhere than has a K barrel with 3 lug in stock?
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Burnsy87:
Anyone know somewhere than has a K barrel with 3 lug in stock?
View Quote
HBI ones looks to be sold out,  ILWT looks like it's in stock for both Gen 1 and 2.

https://www.inleadwetrust.com/collections/cz-scorpion-evo-iii/products/scorpion-evo-micro-3-lug-1-2-28-tpi-custom-barrel-trunnion?variant=47820589767
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 11:29:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsy87] [#5]
World model is gen 1 correct?

Eta gen 1 sold out
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Burnsy87:
World model is gen 1 correct?

Eta gen 1 sold out
View Quote
Welded trigger pack can be either gen. Measuring the width of the feed ramp is the only accurate way to tell what gen you have for the purpose of a new barrel.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Gen 1 feed ramp has a width of 14mm.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 2:54:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#8]
I went ahead and got an hbi prostock charging handle to use with my new HBI rail. Thanks again to HBI for sending me the hardware I was missing. Installation was a cinch with a heat gun and the hbi tool, probably took me less than 10 minutes, most of that being cleaning off old loctite or heating up the nut.

I guess it will wear in over time but the charging handle makes a loud almost squeaking noise right now which is a little strange, though. That said I like the spacegun look my scorpion has now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Redarts:
I went ahead and got an hbi prostock charging handle to use with my new HBI rail. Thanks again to HBI for sending me the hardware I was missing. Installation was a cinch with a heat gun and the hbi tool, probably took me less than 10 minutes, most of that being cleaning off old loctite or heating up the nut.

I guess it will wear in over time but the charging handle makes a loud almost squeaking noise right now which is a little strange, though. That said I like the spacegun look my scorpion has now.
View Quote
Put a dab of grease on the charging handle spring.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine as is, with my long-suffering eotech and a railmaster green.

I haven't been shooting yet with the hbi rail, but I'm going to try it with the laser on top. Since it's a toggled switch rather than constant on, and right where my thumb is, it seems to fit pretty well.

I think the 20 round mags look better with the HBI rail as well. Looks like something out of a scifi game.

Link Posted: 6/19/2018 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#11]

My Liberty Mystic X suppressor finally arrived to my dealer. Now it is just a waiting game before I can take it home. It is a little bit longer than I would prefer, but I will make do. Was considering getting one of those HBI 11" hand guards to extend the amount of hand guard that covers the suppressor.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I’m very seriously thinking about picking one of these up.  I enjoy my 9mm ARs (one pistol, one carbine) but would like to try something different. Plus, my being a Czech makes it mandatory, I think.

What are the must-do mods for these?

I would be installing a Tailhook immediately, and one of the Yeti Switchback grips as soon as they are available.  What functional changes are recommended?  Trigger spring, right side safety selector delete or replacement, anything else?

I’ll probably K it using the HBI conversion kit at some point after it’s broken in.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By heavyduty:
I'm very seriously thinking about picking one of these up.  I enjoy my 9mm ARs (one pistol, one carbine) but would like to try something different. Plus, my being a Czech makes it mandatory, I think.

What are the must-do mods for these?

I would be installing a Tailhook immediately, and one of the Yeti Switchback grips as soon as they are available.  What functional changes are recommended?  Trigger spring, right side safety selector delete or replacement, anything else?

I'll probably K it using the HBI conversion kit at some point after it's broken in.
View Quote
Only thing missing is the HBI AK safety selector. It's one of the best updat I've done.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 7:54:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seamasterpro] [#14]
I jumped all in and haven’t even shot it yet it shoots beautifully, probably my new favorite gun:

HBI micro w/tri-lug
HBI mag release
HBI trigger spring
Yeti Wurks switchback
Sig Romeo5

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 5:41:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: heavyduty] [#15]
Today’s ruling by the Vestal Virgins forced me to order an S1 from KY Gun Co before Illinois jumps on the out of state sales tax bandwagon with both jackboots.  That’s my excuse, anyways.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 9:41:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: heavyduty] [#16]
NM, found one.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 1:56:58 AM EDT
[#17]
I think I saw somewhere (maybe earlier in this thread) that you can install a second cocking handle assembly to gain ambidextrous capability.  Is that correct, or did I dream it?
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 2:36:55 AM EDT
[#18]
I think I saw somewhere (maybe earlier in this thread) that you can install a second cocking handle assembly to gain ambidextrous capability.  Is that correct, or did I dream it?
View Quote
Yeah, you can install a second (stock or whichever) charging handle on the opposing side w/o issue.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 2:45:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks!  Something else to look for...
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah like the other person said, you can run handles on both sides. I run the factory on one side, and one from HBI on the other.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 2:58:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: heavyduty] [#21]
Thanks for confirming the charging handles!

I’ve decided that I’ll leave the barrel length on this S1 alone and (assuming I like it) pick up an S2 later after the prices settle for a short barrel variant once they become available - it’ll be more cost effective than converting, plus I’m sure I can sell off the SB sliding brace to help pay for another folding stock tube and Tailhook.  I’m not a fan of sliding stocks or braces, and I’m pretty sure the S2 will have the same backplate attachment as all of the other EVO 3s.

Edit - I just talked to CZ customer service. They confirmed the S2 backplate mounting is the same as the S1, so the Tailhook and adapter on the factory hinge and stock tube will work, as will the entire stock for those that are SBRing.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:49:14 PM EDT
[#22]
What is the better handguard option, HBI, Manticore, or MI?
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Recently finished with my mods on the scorpion. Most mods are kinda commonly seen but the indian creek design BFD. Have not shot with the BFD but nice simple mounting design. Gary, I believe is the owner, was a pleasant guy to work with!

Link Posted: 6/29/2018 5:34:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HTHF] [#24]
I put some more rounds down range through the scorpion. No FTF or FTE this time? Shot Blazer Brass 115 gr. FMJ. I did all my shooting unsupressed. It does not make sense that all of the FTF/FTE were when I had a can on. You would think that would make it less likely to create a stovepipe? I have only put high quality factory ammunition through the gun.

I said this before in regard to the magazine coupler. It is essentialy useless. The first round in the second magazine walks forward as you shoot. Once you empty the first magazine the second magazine needs to have that first round pushed back into the magazine before you can unsert it into the firearm. If you are listening CZ you need to fix this. I have other firearms that I run with magazine couplers that don't have this issue.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 9:11:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: heavyduty] [#25]
My Evo S1 showed up yesterday - CZ must have a shop cat in KC, it’s covered in oily fur.  Lol.

Question. I have the Tailhook ready to go, but a few second futzing with the end cap didn’t seem to release it. All you do is press in on a button that is accessed through the QD hole on the end cap and slide up, right?  My button isn’t moving, but I haven’t tried too hard yet.

Edit - doh, it’s the small hole in the end cap below the QD. I was trying to find a hex key that fit the fastener in the smaller hole when I realized that it could be pushed in.  Tailhook mounted, I like!

I’m also noticing the factory pistol grip angle isn’t so bad once it’s braced, so I think I’ll hold off installing the Apex PG for now.  I was planning on adding a Manticore handguard, but a friend is replacing his HBI bullnose HG with one of their complete K kits and is offering me his old rail for a pittance. Decisions, decisions...
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 2:14:16 PM EDT
[#26]
When is that integral suppressor coming out?  Or am i going to have to chop my barrel, or get the 4" from hbi?
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 10:59:29 PM EDT
[#27]
My Evo S1 showed up yesterday - CZ must have a shop cat in KC, it’s covered in oily fur.  Lol.

Question. I have the Tailhook ready to go, but a few second futzing with the end cap didn’t seem to release it. All you do is press in on a button that is accessed through the QD hole on the end cap and slide up, right?  My button isn’t moving, but I haven’t tried too hard yet.

Edit - doh, it’s the small hole in the end cap below the QD. I was trying to find a hex key that fit the fastener in the smaller hole when I realized that it could be pushed in.  Tailhook mounted, I like!

I’m also noticing the factory pistol grip angle isn’t so bad once it’s braced, so I think I’ll hold off installing the Apex PG for now.  I was planning on adding a Manticore handguard, but a friend is replacing his HBI bullnose HG with one of their complete K kits and is offering me his old rail for a pittance. Decisions, decisions...
View Quote
I hated the factory grip angle. Hurt my wrist to shoot it.  I went with the Paske which made a huge difference for me.  Guess that it depends on how square that your stance is.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MAC-47:
When is that integral suppressor coming out?  Or am i going to have to chop my barrel, or get the 4" from hbi?
View Quote
I'd like to know the same thing. I chopped my barrel and bought the HBI forend specifically for that can.
At least I have a GM-9 currently in jail that will work as soon as that stamp comes back.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 8:57:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Anyone seen release updates on the S2?
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I really like the feel of the Paske Pathfinder grip but hate the way it looks, wish it were closer to the original aesthetic of the Evo.
Oh well would rather have something that works better than looks better.

The HBI handguard is pretty dope too, just need a m-lok flashlight mount, m-lok handstop or grip, m-lok sling mount, and maybe m-lok panel covers. Damnit adopting a new interface can be $$$
Also my form 1 can wont fit anymore who needs to measure before buying. Might be able to turn down the threaded cap so it fits inside the handguard, or just use my Tirant 9m
and retire the form 1 can.

RMR + Strike Industries REX without the protective shell thing will cowitness great. Need to take a photo of the updated rig next time I go to the range.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#31]
I guess it was bound to happen eventually but 2 of my 14 date code mags are developing cracks in the right feedlip. Anyone know if they are still replacing these?
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Other than HBI themselves, does anybody sell their handguards?  Got the k cut 3 lug barrel, just need a handguard and they're out of stock.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Hking:
I guess it was bound to happen eventually but 2 of my 14 date code mags are developing cracks in the right feedlip. Anyone know if they are still replacing these?
View Quote
They sure are, I swapped out five mags that were going south. CZ sent me a call tag, and the replacement mags back super quick. Very good customer service, I feel.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Have the micros started showing up yet?  It’s summertime...
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 10:48:05 PM EDT
[#35]
I think this thread is gonna blow up when the micros hit.  It’s gonna be a homerun for cz and still gonna be cheaper than a B&T.  Personally I want a OD green one.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 9:41:05 AM EDT
[#36]
What are people using for a low profile Scorpion pistol length case? I have a folding Tailhook on mine, and I’d like a thicker, shorter bag to hold and transport the gun folded.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 3:05:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ToyCop] [#37]
What are people using for a low profile Scorpion pistol length case? I have a folding Tailhook on mine, and I'd like a thicker, shorter bag to hold and transport the gun folded.
View Quote
Elite Survival Systems Covert Operation 16". Holds 9 mags in the AR pouches inside and another 10 or so in outer pocket. Fits with folding stock.

ETA: Holds the micro barrel. Not sure on full length.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#38]
What are people using for a low profile Scorpion pistol length case? I have a folding Tailhook on mine, and I’d like a thicker, shorter bag to hold and transport the gun folded.
View Quote
Longer than you are looking for, but a hell of a deal.
This was posted in GD.  It’ll hold my AR pistol and my Scorpion with Tailhook unfolded.

https://lapolicegear.com/vtx-5060-medium-messenger.html
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 7:02:27 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
I use a northface overload.  Fits perfect in the laptop section folded with sb folding.  It has way more room should fit the tail hook setup your only talking like 1/2 inch more folded.  I was walking around with a couple weeks ago everyone just thought it was a laptop/business backpack.  Hell my mother in law didn’t even know while it was stored in the back of her suv.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By BSM_135i:
Have the micros started showing up yet?  It’s summertime...
View Quote
Any word on Street price either...?
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 11:14:54 PM EDT
[#41]
This link been posted?

https://www.franklinarmory.com/collections/binarytrigger/products/franklin-armory-bfsiii-cz-c1
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 8:17:33 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote
I use a phitz ukelele case. Padded and low profile.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 9:22:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

View Quote
Which one?  Pics?
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 10:27:49 AM EDT
[#44]
I really want to try the folding Manticore charging handle but I really dont want to spend $80 to find out if I like it or not
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By KYtechmike:
Which one?  Pics?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KYtechmike:
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Which one?  Pics?
Phitz used to have their own website, now it seems they direct you to amazon. They have nothing available in the store that I can find. The soprano or concert fit with room to spare if you can find them.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:12:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HTHF] [#46]
Put some more lead downrange. Shot blazer 115 gr FMJ again. Had another failure. Spent cartride did not eject and a new round was chambered. I would love to see it on a slow motion video! Bolt slamed home on the spent case. I have already checked all the usual suspects. Any ideas? Does not matter the grain it seems, supressed or unsurpressed. As I stated before ejector, ejector spring are fine.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:40:37 PM EDT
[#47]
I finally joined the club!
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By HTHF:
Put some more lead downrange. Shot blazer 115 gr FMJ again. Had another failure. Spent cartride did not eject and a new round was chambered. I would love to see it on a slow motion video! Bolt slamed home on the spent case. I have already checked all the usual suspects. Any ideas? Does not matter the grain it seems, supressed or unsurpressed. As I stated before ejector, ejector spring are fine.
View Quote
Which magazines are you using when this happens?
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:46:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HTHF] [#49]
Originally Posted By IceAuger:
Which magazines are you using when this happens?
View Quote
Running 30 RD CZ magazines. 900 rounds through the gun and 9 failure to feed or eject. So we have a 1% failure rate at this point.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:49:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Nice!
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 202 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top