Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 189 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone else having issues with their magazine well on their replacement trigger housing?

I can fit and load the magazine but trying to get the magazine out is a real struggle.  I had a couple where I had to put the gun down to yank the magazine out.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vegitan:
Anyone else having issues with their magazine well on their replacement trigger housing?

I can fit and load the magazine but trying to get the magazine out is a real struggle.  I had a couple where I had to put the gun down to yank the magazine out.
View Quote
Haven't used mine yet but did try a few mags in it. All were tight and required extra force to remove, some were very difficult to get out.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By rcbif:Do current production carbines and stock kits have a metal or polymer adapter base (the piece that slides onto the rear of the receiver)
View Quote
Metal, specifically aluminum.

Not that you asked, but the fit of the factory CZ pistol butt cap as well as the brace adapter are perfect. Snug, slide on with a rubber mallet, and completely rigid with no movement.

On the other hand, the SB folding brace fits loosely and wobbles. Supposedly, it was designed that way and comes with 2 set screws to secure it in order to fit the 'widely varying spec on the receivers'. A poor excuse considering CZ has no problem making them fit correctly. I was so disappointed, I immediately sold my great looking but wobbly folding brace for an ugly looking but rigid fitting brace.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Any of you that got the replacement trigger/lower for the world models have issues getting the replacement to fit? The whole assembly won't go in my scorpion.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

The replacement has a ramp type thing, the world model has more of a single small piece sticking out. I'm assuming that's my problem. Wtf?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 11:03:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1811GNR] [#6]
You have to knock out the roll pin in the front of the pistol grip lug on the receiver. The grip has to be removed first.
Pretty sure there are instructions that come with the new trigger housing...
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:52:49 AM EDT
[#7]
The trigger on the replacement is significantly worse than the original, I guess I'll wait till there's an aftermarket option to use the replacement lower.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 2apatriot:
I know this has probably been done to death in this thread, but I'm trying to plan out suppressor purchases in the not too distant future. I'd like to get an osprey, but they don't make a piston in the same thread pitch as the scorpion. The scorpion is 18x1 and the piston comes in 16x1. Does anyone know if it can be re-threaded to 16x1? I guess I could always get a shorter handguard and have the barrel cut down, but that would be the (slightly) more expensive option.
View Quote
1/2x28
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By pc299:
Just have it re-threaded 1/2x28 if you're set on an Osprey
View Quote
Right, can they be rethreaded without having to cut off the length of the barrel with the existing threads though? Thats what I should have just asked to begin with.

I should add, I don't have one yet but I got to shoot a suppressed one last week. Freaking awesome. Thats what set my suppressor buying plans in motion.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 1811GNR:
You have to knock out the roll pin in the front of the pistol grip lug on the receiver. The grip has to be removed first.
View Quote
@Burnsy87

1811 is correct, while removing the pin don't lose your pistol grip screw, order a $9 replacement only to find the screw stuck to the magnet on the stock while at the range.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 2apatriot:

Right, can they be rethreaded without having to cut off the length of the barrel with the existing threads though? Thats what I should have just asked to begin with.

I should add, I don't have one yet but I got to shoot a suppressed one last week. Freaking awesome. Thats what set my suppressor buying plans in motion.
View Quote
You won't have to cut it down to rethread, it will be the same length.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:15:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsy87] [#12]
@Burnsy87

1811 is correct, while removing the pin don't lose your pistol grip screw, order a $9 replacement only to find the screw stuck to the magnet on the stock while at the range.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1811GNR:
@Burnsy87

Yep, thank you!

I actually sent off my welded trigger pack to Shooter's Element this week, new trigger plus springs plus polishing.  If I don't like it, I figure I can sell that lower off and I have the replacement lower to do with what I want on my own.  Only reason this came up now is I wanted the new trigger pack in there while the other is in his shop.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:30:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Is it normal for the scorpions safety level to be very stiff?  I have one of the pistols before they made the carbines or had the shortage awhile back when they gave those weird trigger packs.  Not sure if I need to send it in or if it's normal.  

Flipping the safety takes maybe 3/4 force to pull the charging lever.  When I first got it it was even worse. I tried to sand some of the groove on the safety inside to smooth it out, which helped.  Normal? I wish it was like my AR's.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:36:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:
Is it normal for the scorpions safety level to be very stiff?  I have one of the pistols before they made the carbines or had the shortage awhile back when they gave those weird trigger packs.  Not sure if I need to send it in or if it's normal.  

Flipping the safety takes maybe 3/4 force to pull the charging lever.  When I first got it it was even worse. I tried to sand some of the groove on the safety inside to smooth it out, which helped.  Normal? I wish it was like my AR's.
View Quote
Yep, fairly stiff but, didn't sound as stiff as yours. First thing I did was change it out to HBI's AK style safety. The leverage change made 100% difference.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:47:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroworksxp] [#15]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:

Yep, fairly stiff but, didn't sound as stiff as yours. First thing I did was change it out to HBI's AK style safety. The leverage change made 100% difference.
View Quote
Will the ak style only work on the right side?

I am thinking of going with a push style. But that might be awkward..

Push safety
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:14:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JuanPing] [#16]
View All Quotes

This.  

Not only is the AK style a "force multiplier" which makes flipping the safety lever a breeze, it also will solve the problem of the factory safety digging into your trigger finger.  I also like the fact that when on safe it partially blocks access to the trigger which allows you to know the position of the safety without looking.  A quick flick upwards and it's fo time.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:48:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By IceAuger:
This.  

Not only is the AK style a "force multiplier" which makes flipping the safety lever a breeze, it also will solve the problem of the factory safety digging into your trigger finger.  I also like the fact that when on safe it partially blocks access to the trigger which allows you to know the position of the safety without looking.  A quick flick upwards and it's fo time.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By IceAuger:

This.  

Yep, It is no doubt one of the greatest aftermarket enhancemements to the weapon. Access is easy and operation is fairly natural. HBI is now offering a shorter version as well. Might as well order the paddle mag release while you are ordering this HBI is a great company btw to work with.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 1:36:19 AM EDT
[#18]
I currently have the AR style safety on the right side from hb I got a long time ago. Made a bad choice as they are shorted and even harder to manipulate. May go for the ak style like you guys suggest. Thanks for the help!

Another question.  On your factory grips, does it have any kind of circlemlogo on the sides? Or is it plain.  I put a set of talon grip paper on mine,which is made for the scorpion. But it has cutouts for circle logos on both sides. Wasn't sure if talon messed up or I have a different varient of grip.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:03:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RogueJSK] [#19]
Another question.  On your factory grips, does it have any kind of circlemlogo on the sides? Or is it plain.  I put a set of talon grip paper on mine,which is made for the scorpion. But it has cutouts for circle logos on both sides. Wasn't sure if talon messed up or I have a different varient of grip.
View Quote
It appears that Evo pistols have the round CZ logo on the factory grip.

While the Evo carbines apparently CZ-USA grips instead, which have no round logo, just lettering.

Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Will the ak style only work on the right side?

I am thinking of going with a push style. But that might be awkward..
https://czcustom.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/600x/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/1/0/10743_scorpion_rhs_safety__dsc3346.jpg

Push safety
View Quote

The large ak style lever only works on the right but you have the mini ak style for the left if you want ambi ak style. The mini ak style are made for both sides so you have that option too.

I went mini ak style on both sides and love it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By RogueJSK:

While the Evo carbines apparently CZ-USA grips instead, which have no round logo, just lettering.
View Quote
I'd imagine this is because the carbine has to have a US made grip attached due to 922r, but pistol's are not subject to 922r and probably come with the czech made grip.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 3:36:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rzrsedge] [#22]
Originally Posted By MrMitch:
I'd imagine this is because the carbine has to have a US made grip attached due to 922r, but pistol's are not subject to 922r and probably come with the czech made grip.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MrMitch:
Originally Posted By RogueJSK:

Yep, pistols come with the original CZ grip, carbines have the US made version.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 5:50:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By rzrsedge:

Yep, pistols come with the original CZ grip, carbines have the US made version.
View Quote
The Pakse grip is a must-have for the Scorpion. Worlds of difference.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Looking to do a few upgrades to my newly acquired Scorpion.  It already has the Switchback grip , and GearHead Works reverse safety lever.  I am thinking to put an extended charging handle, new trigger shoe, and the HBI reduced trigger springs.  I will eventually do the HBI K conversion.  So, my question is, which extended charging handle and trigger shoe does everyone suggest?

Thanks guys!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:46:50 PM EDT
[#25]
HBI poly charging handle all the way. It's fantastic. Other than being free, it couldn't be any better.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:28:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
HBI poly charging handle all the way. It's fantastic. Other than being free, it couldn't be any better.
View Quote
I second this. It looks exactly like the oem but slightly larger, it's cheaper than the aluminum ones and also works better if u swap in a metal handguard. Win win win IMO. I gotta order one.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:49:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: daddytallguy] [#27]

View Quote
All you need to do is polish the metal tab that pushes down into the safety cross bar grooves and it reduces the force needed greatly.  Just go slow and keep the same shape.  Mine was very stiff and that is what I did to my safety.  The metal tab is part of the lower receiver you remove like an AR15.  It is night and day difference. (My SWAG guess is at least 70% lighter)
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:41:34 PM EDT
[#28]
For those running a SBR with an HBI micro/k-style handguard and a CZ stock, what overall length did you put for your Form 1?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:03:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Neeglik:
For those running a SBR with an HBI micro/k-style handguard and a CZ stock, what overall length did you put for your Form 1?
View Quote
Why are you asking about the handguard?

Overall length is measured from the fully extended stock to the end of the muzzle(not including muzzle device).
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:38:45 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
I can look tomorrow
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 10:11:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Calling my SBR Scorpion done.

Started as a pistol, put in the Form 1, put in the Form 4 for the Rugged Obsidian.

HKParts 3 lug
Haley Strategic light mount and Surefire G2X
CZ Carbine handguard and stock
Apex pistol grip
Vortex SPARC II red dot
Shooters Element trigger + polishing/mag release/charging handle
HBI trigger springs
Magpul MLOK vertical grip

Can kind of see where the suppressor and 3lug attach to the barrel above the Magpul grip

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 11:01:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Burnsy87:

Started as a pistol, put in the Form 1, put in the Form 4 for the Rugged Obsidian.

HKParts 3 lug
Apex pistol grip
Vortex SPARC II red dot
HBI trigger springs

Can kind of see where the suppressor and 3lug attach to the barrel above the Magpul grip

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164411/Scorpion2-345337.JPG
View Quote
Nice. I have the flashcan model and got my form 1 approved. Just need to get the stock and it'll look similar but I'll have a ghost for it. You should take a pic w the can in the k config.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Wildbill990:
Nice. I have the flashcan model and got my form 1 approved. Just need to get the stock and it'll look similar but I'll have a ghost for it. You should take a pic w the can in the k config.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Burnsy87:

HKParts 3 lug
Apex pistol grip
Vortex SPARC II red dot
HBI trigger springs

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164411/Scorpion2-345337.JPG
I'll do that when it cools down, just got home from the range.

I got the trigger group back last night from Shooters Element, first time out with that work done.  EXTREMELY nice trigger, I'm very happy.  This is probably my most fun gun to shoot.  I'm damn happy with how this project turned out.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 9:00:14 AM EDT
[#34]
WHY can't they make this in 10mm?!?!
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 9:24:18 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
I can measure mine. Originally sbrd at the stock barrel length.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Scottyman:
View Quote
Because CZ is interested in world wide production, and 10mm in a niche round.

Also, the bolt and gun is designed around 9mm. The bolt for a blowback 10mm would have to be larger unless it had a gigantic tungsten insert or something.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#37]
CZUB lists these solid poly mags as an accessory.

I for one would love to get some of these here! 
The smoke mags are working just fine for me, but I'd like the look of the solid poly better.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 11:01:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Found some old footage on the evo' predecessor which is pretty interesting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ua-9dHAZqo
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 11:11:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
CZUB lists these solid poly mags as an accessory.

I for one would love to get some of these here! 
The smoke mags are working just fine for me, but I'd like the look of the solid poly better.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78310/polymab-cz-349632.JPG
View Quote
stop the presses, who is that!
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Because I'm too lazy to go back through almost 200 pages on this thread:

Angled foregrips are GTG on a pistol like the Scorpion, correct? More specifically the Magpul AFG2. Not sure if it makes any difference but the Scorpion does have a buffer tube with brace.

Thanks, guys.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Nate19:
More specifically the Magpul AFG2.
Thanks, guys.
View Quote
Yep - good to go.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Found some old footage on the evo' predecessor which is pretty interesting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ua-9dHAZqo
View Quote
I kinda want to put a slim hand guard like that on my Evo.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 10:37:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroworksxp] [#43]
Gearhead works Tailhook is the bees knees.  Uses the CZ stocks folding arm.  The CZ stock arm is SOLID and the tailhook is as well.  You need 3 items.  The cz stock arm, stock adaptor, and tail hook.
Gear Head Works

Link Posted: 11/4/2017 5:51:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tifosi] [#44]
Originally Posted By Scottyman:
View Quote
Keep the dream alive!

Attachment Attached File

This sketch is from the guy who designed the Scorpion Evo 3 by the way. 
I figure if they can do it in 45, they can do it in 10mm.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 5:41:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 5:53:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By GreenBastard:
That thing would be badass in a 10mm or 9x23 variant.
View Quote
Shit, 10mm would be sweet. Expensive to shoot, but sweet.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 10:05:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Just recently got a new Scorpion, took it to the range, everything was running fine until last mag when I got this:

The real kicker is that the bolt got stuck, would only retract about 1/2". Was unable to remove the live round (the other fell out easily). Couldn't retract bolt or remove lower, couldn't pry the round out, had to take it to the range shop and have RO ram it with a clearing rod to get the round out. Was using Manticore mag with WWB ammo. I was doing controlled pairs at the time.

I've since taken it apart, lubed and cleaned everything, function check OK. Seems to be operating normally. Anyone have any ideas what could have caused this?

Other than that I love this thing. Hopefully figure out what caused this and get this thing running 100%.

Link Posted: 11/5/2017 10:45:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JuanPing] [#48]
Originally Posted By fisterkev:
Just recently got a new Scorpion, took it to the range, everything was running fine until last mag when I got this:

https://i.imgur.com/g0GBWWN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hyvUgLX.jpg

The real kicker is that the bolt got stuck, would only retract about 1/2". Was unable to remove the live round (the other fell out easily). Couldn't retract bolt or remove lower, couldn't pry the round out, had to take it to the range shop and have RO ram it with a clearing rod to get the round out. Was using Manticore mag with WWB ammo. I was doing controlled pairs at the time.

I've since taken it apart, lubed and cleaned everything, function check OK. Seems to be operating normally. Anyone have any ideas what could have caused this?

Other than that I love this thing. Hopefully figure out what caused this and get this thing running 100%.

https://i.imgur.com/LoLSz3O.jpg
View Quote
Same thing has happened to me using those mags...multiple times.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm guessing you discovered the malfunction when the gun went click with no bang... placed gun on safe and then the bolt wouldn't move back? The bolt won't move any further than that with the hammer forward when on safe.

I've also only had issues with those mags.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 4:41:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Don't drop them either.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 189 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top