Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 172 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:06:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bishop3:

I have reformatted this question in the SBR forum. I will install a CZ "922r compliant kit" that includes a buttstock. I will replace 6 parts, though apparently the buttstock is included in the count. Yes, there are 'aftermarket options' (money) I rather not purchase now, should the kit w/buttstock meet 922r. I like the CZ stock for what it's worth.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bishop3:
Originally Posted By paraord16:
OK, I'm confused on the parts count now also.  Since I'm doing a pistol to SBR build and it doesn't have a stock to start with, do I need to go from 15 parts to 10 or go from 16 to 10?

Here's what I have so far for a pistol to SBR build:
1.     Mag Follower
2.     Mag Base
3.     Manticore Stock -  Since I'm not replacing, but adding a part, does it count?

Need to Purchase:
4.     Trigger
5.     Disconnect
6.     Sear
7.     Hammer
8.     Muzzle Device
9.     ???????  Pistol Grip, if I can find a FDE I like.

If I skip the muzzle device and the pistol grip that gives me either 6 or 7 (counting the stock), is that good enough to be compliant????

I have reformatted this question in the SBR forum. I will install a CZ "922r compliant kit" that includes a buttstock. I will replace 6 parts, though apparently the buttstock is included in the count. Yes, there are 'aftermarket options' (money) I rather not purchase now, should the kit w/buttstock meet 922r. I like the CZ stock for what it's worth.

I screwed up, you're golden. I'm dumb. 6 parts is all you need.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Man, I've been going through the same bs. 922r is horseshit. What a ridiculous law. I want to do mine piece by piece. Where can I find the disconnector by its self?
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Girthrockwel:
Man, I've been going through the same bs. 922r is horseshit. What a ridiculous law. I want to do mine piece by piece. Where can I find the disconnector by its self?
View Quote

Not sure but you might try the CZ custom shop.

I've thought about going with one of thier pricey barrels. They also have trigger packs.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:21:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Can we please get some more grip choices?!?  The only one that I've found that I like the look of is the everest and 60 bucks is completly unreasonable for a grip. Also I don't like that the finish is thin so if it gets scratched it's white.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Can we please get some more grip choices?!?  The only one that I've found that I like the look of is the everest and 60 bucks is completly unreasonable for a grip. Also I don't like that the finish is thin so if it gets scratched it's white.
View Quote

Switchback is only $49.99 from Yeti and has changeable back straps, then there's the Apex grip (not sure on the price there).
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 3:44:38 PM EDT
[#6]
So I did another thing that looked cool...

Link Posted: 2/7/2017 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ShootersElement:

Switchback is only $49.99 from Yeti and has changeable back straps, then there's the Apex grip (not sure on the price there).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ShootersElement:

Apex is $25, and looks like a grip angle that I would like, while it looks a bit odd I'm more of a function over form type. The looks are nothing a soldering iron stiple job couldnt fix either. I also agree with rockwel that $50-60 for a polymer grip is just ridiculously overpriced.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:06:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UltimaSE] [#8]
Remember that diagram is what the atf says can be removed or replaced for 922r compliance. The oem Cz stock is not made in the US therefore is not one of the items that can count towards 922r. This is why there are 7 parts included in the 922r package. If you go with a Manticore or lage stock then it would likely count as youre using a made in the us part.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 3:31:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Punkface] [#9]
Meeting up with a guy tomorrow to buy his used one. Anything I need to look out for?

Update:  guy flaked since he had someone offer $50 more than he asked.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Punkface:
Meeting up with a guy tomorrow to buy his used one. Anything I need to look out for?
View Quote

some people had an issue with the hammer not properly hardened that could get damaged after few hundreds rounds... there was a thread on this board a few months ago..
easy fix anyway since you can buy single spare parts in the US.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Punkface:

Update:  guy flaked since he has someone offer $50 more than he asked.
View Quote

That sucks...F that dude! Hate when people do that!
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Just put a deposit down on one.  Time to browse the thread for ideas!  
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#13]
theres one in the EE not bad I think its 700 bucks
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Munzy:

Apex is $25, and looks like a grip angle that I would like, while it looks a bit odd I'm more of a function over form type. The looks are nothing a soldering iron stiple job couldnt fix either. I also agree with rockwel that $50-60 for a polymer grip is just ridiculously overpriced.
View Quote

Someone needs to get Hogue on this.

I looooooove their AK and AR grips.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I would be shocked if Hogue does a scorpion grip as there is still a small market compared to ar15 rifles and ak47 rifles in comparison. I would welcome it, but I think the market is still to small for them to invest the money for the startup cost.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:29:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Neomonk21] [#17]
Originally Posted By WILSON:
Maybe. But I bet if everyone in this thread emailed Hogue and asked if they're making one yet,..
it'd at least get them thinking about it.
View Quote

Good idea.  I sent them an email.

ETA:  They said they currently do not make one but will add it to the customer inquiry list.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Just ordered the Apex grip. Not all that excited about it to be honest, but it's reasonably priced and the grip angle looks good. Hopefully it surprises to the upside. We'll see...
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Throw bicycle innertube on it, I put a cz75 (or something) rubber grip on mine, makes it a lot better.   A little too narrow for me, but the angle is perfect.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I may try that. We'll see how it feels. I planned on soldering iron stipling it like my VFG, but if I'm gonna but an inner tube on there it would be a waste of time to add texture. Guess I'll see how it fits my hand first. Sometimes grips are deceptively comfortable.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Trying the Arisaka Defense m lok grip. So far I'm digging it. Direct attachment and nice and short. Made of aluminum to match the handguard as well.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Harvey_Mushman:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/454828/IMG-1331-147301.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/454828/IMG-1330-147302.JPG

Trying the Arisaka Defense m lok grip. So far I'm digging it. Direct attachment and nice and short. Made of aluminum to match the handguard as well.
View Quote

Gonna get hot with the can under the rail and everything is aluminum?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:46:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hesperus] [#23]
Originally Posted By Harvey_Mushman:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/454828/IMG-1331-147301.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/454828/IMG-1330-147302.JPG

View Quote

I have that exact grip on my primary AR. Been there for months with no plans to replace it.

Can I see a pic of the entire gun to see everything in proportion?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

Gonna get hot with the can under the rail and everything is aluminum?
View Quote

We'll see this weekend. I've shot it a bunch just holding the handguard and didn't notice too much heat. It'll be interesting to see.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:54:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seattlite] [#25]
For those that are looking to install a 3-Lug adapter on their M18x1 threaded Scorpion, here is a comparison pic of the TROS and HKParts adapter:

OAL with 3-Lug adapter and a suppressor is still longer compared with direct thread...but I like the convenience of sharing the suppressor between various 3-Lug hosts.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Just got some factory 30 rounds mags. The mags will not drop free, it's feel like they're almost getting stuck. No problems whatsoever with the 20 rounders.

anyone else experience this? 
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 7:18:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Goosemaster] [#27]
Originally Posted By TheOldRepublic:
Just got some factory 30 rounds mags. The mags will not drop free, it's feel like they're almost getting stuck. No problems whatsoever with the 20 rounders.

View Quote

They don't drop free, at least from the factory anyway. A couple minutes with a piece of sandpaper will fix that.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:33:54 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Same here, the 20 rounders that came with it are really smooth in and out. The 30s stick a little. It feels like it's the flat area that's a little fat.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 4:45:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Same here, the 20 rounders that came with it are really smooth in and out. The 30s stick a little. It feels like it's the flat area that's a little fat.
View All Quotes

Wow, I actually came in here today to post this. Same story with me, the 20s eject just fine, but the 30 round mags need to be pulled out. Has anyone tried shooting with the 30s yet?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Might take the plunge and start my second Form 1 for another Scorpion.  Looking for evaluations and advice.

Both I plan on just starting with the pistol.  I have my first Form 1, standard CZ stock installed.

I think I want to add the carbine handguard with the pistol barrel, as I've seen in this thread, it's doable.  I don't understand the handguard/barrel relationship, but I've seen it done, so I guess it works.  I have an HK Parts 3 lug for my Rugged Obsidian that should be approved soon.  I don't like the look of the 3lug, which is why I want the longer hand guard.  I'm good to go there, correct?

The second will be to the girlfriend's liking, but I'm assuming she'll want it suppressed as well, either the SilencerCo 9k or another Obsidian.  If she wants to go shorter, what would my options be here?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:25:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bdgfate] [#31]

Wow, I actually came in here today to post this. Same story with me, the 20s eject just fine, but the 30 round mags need to be pulled out. Has anyone tried shooting with the 30s yet?
View Quote

I've never has any issues with 20s or 30s. Mine is a 2016 model.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 170Driver:

View Quote

No issues shooting them.  Work just fine.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Just got my first "upgrade" for my Evo. Just the Shockwave Blade kit. Like it. Have a right side safety delete and HB Spring kit coming. Have some other things in the works. Form 1 has been filed. I'm sure I'll see it any decade now.

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By seattlite:
For those that are looking to install a 3-Lug adapter on their M18x1 threaded Scorpion, here is a comparison pic of the TROS and HKParts adapter:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j102/richm2004/20170215_173943.jpg

OAL with 3-Lug adapter and a suppressor is still longer compared with direct thread...but I like the convenience of sharing the suppressor between various 3-Lug hosts.
View Quote

TROS looks similar to Manticore's  version.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
Just ordered the Apex grip. Not all that excited about it to be honest, but it's reasonably priced and the grip angle looks good. Hopefully it surprises to the upside. We'll see...
View Quote

I actually didn't like mine when I first got it. But now it's grown on me.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#36]
what didn't you like about it initially?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:36:12 AM EDT
[#37]

No issues shooting them.  Work just fine.
View Quote

Perfect! I'm happy to hear that!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:42:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By bdgfate:

I've never has any issues with 20s or 30s. Mine is a 2016 model.
View Quote

That's strange. Mine is a 2016 model as well and I have to yank them out pretty hard 
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:06:29 PM EDT
[#39]
what ever happened with the 'world trigger group issue"? I know a lot of people drilled some screws out or whatever, but what about the CZ-supplied replacement plan? Have there been any updates at all on this issue since the election?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:11:47 AM EDT
[#40]
what ever happened with the 'world trigger group issue"? I know a lot of people drilled some screws out or whatever, but what about the CZ-supplied replacement plan? Have there been any updates at all on this issue since the election?
View Quote

I don't know what they are doing now because I got mine off with only some ugly inside, not effecting anything functionally.  I won't ask them to trade it now...

Has anyone tried a flash can on the pistol versions?  I bought a micro flash can and it looks pretty good, pics coming later, but here's the micro can from internets.

I
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:02:29 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Nope, nothing. I have been on the list just over a year. Mine was drilled out with no issues and replaced with HBI trigger pack and screw. I planned to donate the screw if I was ever sent one but, I don't see it coming. Although, I haven't been on the CZ forum in some time to see if anyone there has received one.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:34:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:

Nope, nothing. I have been on the list just over a year. Mine was drilled out with no issues and replaced with HBI trigger pack and screw. I planned to donate the screw if I was ever sent one but, I don't see it coming. Although, I haven't been on the CZ forum in some time to see if anyone there has received one.
View Quote

Nope...no word from anyone over there getting the replacement.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:01:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Interesting. I'm a truck guy and have done some pretty cool gun mods too, I'm not afraid to drill out a screw, I just haven't done it yet and was wondering what the status of the "official" fix was. I figured that after the election things would calm down and cz USA would circle back to this issue. No luck so far though. Considering how cool they were about pumping out max scorpions pre 41F, I'm a little surprised.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:15:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ShootersElement] [#44]
Two more happy scorpions going back to their homes...welded packs drilled out, new springs and triggers installed, tested and ready to box up.

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:51:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheOldRepublic] [#45]
I figured out why the 30 rounders aren't dropping free.  

The catch on the 30 rounders is shaped differently  

30 on the left
Attachment Attached File

Shaved it down and they drop free like the 20s

@Girthrockwel
@170Driver
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Does anyone have the barrel nut tool and be willing to let me borrow it?  My Scorpion is coming back from engraving and I want to put on my 3-lug adapter.  HBI is sold out on the tool right now.  I tried to get the nut off with a wrench but couldn't get it to budge.

I'll pay shipping both ways and even throw in something extra for your troubles.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#47]

30 on the left
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/377948/image-153043.JPG

@Girthrockwel
@170Driver
View Quote

Awesome man, thanks for the heads up!  I figured it was a tolerance thing.  I was thinking it was the flat area on the front side.  I'll give the shave down a shot and see how it goes.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:
Does anyone have the barrel nut tool and be willing to let me borrow it?  My Scorpion is coming back from engraving and I want to put on my 3-lug adapter.  HBI is sold out on the tool right now.  I tried to get the nut off with a wrench but couldn't get it to budge.

I'll pay shipping both ways and even throw in something extra for your troubles.
View Quote

I have one but Im in italy
I'm sure someone will help you but if not just let me know.
Btw did you check CZ custom shop? I got mine from them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#49]

Awesome man, thanks for the heads up!  I figured it was a tolerance thing.  I was thinking it was the flat area on the front side.  I'll give the shave down a shot and see how it goes.  Thanks again.
View Quote

You're welcome. I'm glad it was an easy fix. 
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:14:16 PM EDT
[#50]

30 on the left
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/377948/image-153043.JPG

@Girthrockwel
@170Driver
View Quote

Mine are the same way, and my 30s stick too. Everything is recent purchase so its newer made stuff.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 172 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top